剧集 | 白宫风云(1999) | 导航列表
太强硬了引起 目前宪法危机的原因
So strong you can trigger a constitutional crisis...
不过是由于总统的女儿被人投药
...by dosing the first daughter's vodka gimlet.
给我 -"任何人斗胆侵犯神圣的美国领土
"Anyone who dares to invade the sanctity of America's house...
都将被行之有效的法制力量所惩罚"
...will be caught and punished with all of America's might. "
什么意思代价是 他们的监狱被我们炸掉?
Meaning what, we're gonna bomb their prison cells?
你完全忽略了祖伊的遭遇
You're treating Zoey like an abstraction.
你需要一点悲天悯人的情怀 -悲天悯人?
It needs to be a man supplicating-- - Supplicating?
他不会向我们的敌人低头求饶
He's not gonna stand in front of the cameras and rub gravel through his hair.
我们需要的是一个强有力的领袖 一个可以回应对方挑衅的总统
We need a tone of defiant leadership. A return to commander in chief.
还有别的选择吗 难道他承认自己正在疗伤
What's the alternative? Admitting he was licking his wounds...
然后又准备回来接过核子控制箱?
...but now he's ready to come back and take the nuclear launch codes?
我只是希望多一点...
I was just trying a few--
"感谢上苍将祖伊带回母亲之怀抱 然举国悲戚未减"
"I thank the Lord that Zoey is back in her mother's arms, yet our nation grieves. "
这是一个新的困难的时期
It's a new and difficult time.
他要承认每一个人 都必须面对生命的无常
He needs to acknowledge that we've all been visited by mortality.
"我跟大家一样都深深思索 为何安全体系会如此脆弱"
"I'm not alone in thinking how fragile is the security we take for granted. "
你是说领导失误? 这是要传达怎样的信息?
Leading with failure? What kind of message is that?
如果我们没有使用这样的词语
If we go two lines without using the phrase...
诸如 "世上最强大的军事力量" 我们肯定失心疯了
... "unimaginably large military arsenal," we're out of our minds.
要我开始第二篇吗 -那篇你已经快写完了!
Want me to start on the second one? - You're already doing it.
库马还没有发表声明
The Qumari have not issued a statement yet.
我确信他们正在酝酿其外交策略...
I'm sure they're trying to shape an appropriate response...
介于强烈抗♥议♥和宣战两者之间
...somewhere between a hunger strike and declaring war.
运气不错 -其他阿♥拉♥伯国家有否发生骚乱
Good luck. - No rioting yet in other Arab capitals?
为时尚早 -联♥合♥国♥怎样?
It's early yet. - What about the U.N.?
中国还未表态 不过叙利亚已向安♥理♥会♥提出抗♥议♥
China's on board, but Syria's currently on the Security Council.
那边不好应付 我下午要过去一趟
They will need handholding. I'll go up this afternoon.
上将?
Admiral?
C-141运输机 会在六小时内完成空投
C-141 s will have the regiment on the ground in six hours.
伤亡报告?
Any casualties?
一架海军CH-53运输直升机
A Marine CH-53 transport helicopter...
在离开降落区时被击中...
...was hit by enemy RPG fire leaving the landing zone...
大概是几分钟前
...just a few minutes ago.
全机人员均证实死亡
Two pilots and four crew members are KIA.
卡斯帕探员?
Agent Casper?
还没有绑匪的消息
Still no communication from the kidnappers.
我们在嫌疑犯进出的清♥真♥寺 调查了51名证人
We've interrogated 51 members of the mosque the suspects attend.
沙特方面答应协助调查
The Saudis have agreed to assist us in interviewing...
疑犯在境内的家属
...the suspects' families in Saudi Arabia.
他们不允许我们直接审讯
They won't allow us to conduct interrogations...
但可派员监察
...but we can have someone present.
总比交他们处理好一点
Better they do it, anyway.
何解? 艾活先生 -他们可不像我们一样按程序来
Why is that, Mr. Atwood? - They're not as squeamish.
通缉的人有消息吗
What about the five Bahji sleepers up in Portland?
没有
No, nothing.
打扰一下史浩兹先生来了
Excuse me, Mr. President. Mr. Steinholtz is here.
感谢各位
Thank you, everybody.
赤字预测不乐观 我们需要一些手段刺♥激♥市场
Deficit projections don't look great. We're gonna need a stimulus package.
或者增加税收
Or revenue enhancements.
在一些重大事项上减税 减少可自♥由♥支配的个人开支
Significant tax cuts, reduction in discretionary spending.
你在想什么? 里奥
Is something on your mind, Leo?
你说什么?
So now what?
你有何建议?
You have a suggestion?
这里的人不总是劳碌奔走的
This office isn't always about doing something.
更多的时候 静观其变是更聪明的做法
Most of the time it's about not doing something.
史提夫给我们几分钟
Steve, give us a minute.
你想说什么
What's your point?
你跟共和党人在没有民♥主♥党
You're meeting with Republican leadership...
和现任幕僚出席的情况下 私下会晤?
...without any Democrats or Cabinet members present?
你在指责我们吗
What are you accusing us of?
你不是选举产生的 -你也不是
You weren't elected. - Neither were you.
我对巴特勒总统有义务
I have an obligation to President Bartlet--
不用你教我什么是责任和义务!
Don't lecture me about responsibilities!
你懂的话现在开始去做
Then start acting like you understand them.
如果你不想继续做我的幕僚长
If you're uncomfortable serving as my chief of staff, Leo...
我在位其间你大可离职不干
...feel free to recuse yourself until I'm gone.
谢谢
Thank you, sir.
一切由我们开始里奥
We started this, Leo.
这事跟沙里夫没关系 -对是没关系
This isn't about Shareef. - You're right, it's not.
这种因于我们 对待那些国家的方式
It's about our allowing situations in these countries to develop in the first place.
宁可选择一个明确 而严苛的独♥裁♥政♥权♥
We choose the order and certainty of petty despots...
也不能接受在追求民♥主♥的过程中 有可能出现的混乱和杂音
...over the uncertainty and chaos of developing democracies.
沙里夫下令屠♥杀♥ 无辜的妇女和儿童
Shareef ordered the slaughter of innocent women and children.
他不是一个爱国者 或者成长中的民♥主♥人士
He wasn't a nationalist or a fledgling democrat...
他是一个冷血的杀手
...he was a cold-blooded murderer.
又有六个美军阵亡了
Six more American boys are dead.
你难道不感到愤怒?
And that doesn't make you angry?
当然我很愤怒!
Of course that makes me angry!
暴♥力♥迟早会逐渐消亡
The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral.
但以暴易暴会衍生更多的暴♥力♥
Returning violence with violence only multiplies violence...
如同为无光的暗夜 再增添深重的黑暗
...adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.
金博士(马丁 路得 金)
Dr. King.
现在我就是这片黑暗的一部分
I'm part of that darkness now, Leo.
这是何时发生的
When did that happen?
金博士没有错 只是他不是一个总统
Dr. King wasn't wrong. He just didn't have your job.
要帮忙吗
Need any help?
不
No.
哈佛对吗 -是的
Harvard, huh? - Yeah.
优等生 -别太在意那个
Cum laude. - Don't be too impressed with that.
那不过是一张纸
Harvard gives those out like paper placemats.
杰出综合论文奖很难 那年有人得奖了
Summa's the hard one. I knew, like, one person who got summa that year.
是我的旧女友
She was my girlfriend.
你打算去哪里?
Where'd you go?
去?
Go?
你毕业准备上大学了吧?
You graduated from college, right?
是的
Yeah.
喔哈佛
Oh, Harvard.
乔西这是奈顿的审核文件
Josh. Vetting files on Knighton.
我爹也是那里毕业的 我姐姐邦奇叔叔
My dad went there too. My sister, my Uncle Bunky... .
邦奇叔叔? -很可笑的名字对吗?
Uncle Bunky? - Yeah. Ridiculous, huh?
时代杂♥志♥引述了艾活的一段话
Atwood gave a quote to the Times.
你是白宫皮尔斯寝室 那个皮尔斯吗?
You're a Pierce? Pierce Bedroom in the residence, that's you?
我的曾曾祖父
My great-great-grandfather.
托比看了没 -先给你的
Has Toby seen this? - Found you first.
怎么说
What's it say?
你认识艾勒特 卡勃吗 他是你同期的人物
Hey, you know Eliot Cabot? He would've been there around your time.
我不认识
No, I don't think so.
我认识他的妹妹很漂亮的 -我猜也是
I knew his sister, Perrin. Pretty well. - Yeah, I bet you did.
你认识咸美顿 标? 咸标?
You know Hamilton Pew? Ham Pew?
我不懂
I don't get it.
托比在哪里 -在储藏室
Where's Toby? - He went down to the mess.
咸89年带领壁球队赢得9:0
Ham's the reason the squash team went 9-0 in '89.
我说的可是三连冠
All-lvy three years in a row. I mean... .
我对壁球不大感兴趣 我是昆臣的写手
I wasn't much into squash. I was more of a Crimson guy.
昆臣? -校园报纸
Crimson? - The campus newspaper.
难怪
Yeah, that figures.
你什么意思? -没有那很好啊
What's that supposed to mean? - Nothing, that's great.
你暗示说我没有正常社交吗? -你说你有女友的
You implying I didn't have a social life? - You said you had a girlfriend.
我有过很多女友 -真的?
I had a lot of girlfriends. - Really?
你们总是走这么快?
You guys always walk so fast?
是的
Yes.
我没事
I'm okay.
你的业余生活怎样的 在男生俱乐部打发时间?
Where'd you spend your free time, one of those finals clubs?
让我猜猜 史比? 还是速食布丁?
No, let me guess. The Spee? Hasty Pudding?
布丁里面可不是只有男生
The Pudding is not technically a final.
艾活上了时代杂♥志♥ 网上也登出来了
Toby. Steve Atwood in the Times. It's already on the website.
你们总是喜欢在我 去图书馆的路上把我拦住
You were one of those guys who used to harass me on my way to the library...
喝得醉醺醺的 还穿着滑稽的红色斜纹裤子
...drunk out of your minds, wearing those ridiculous red chinos.
你还是我?
You or me?
谢谢
Thanks.
剧集 | 白宫风云(1999) | 导航列表