剧集 | 白宫风云(1999) | 导航列表
华伦法官就觉得可以
Justice Warren thought so.
华伦认同此举? -华伦以前就是这样上的
Earl Warren approved? - Earl Warren was one.
还有布南、波特史都华都是
Along with Brennan and Potter Stewart.
我去做做看了
I'll run it up the flagpole.
给你
Here you go.
我不知道 茜洁和大鸟都有那么高吗?
I don't know. C.J. and Big Bird are so tall that what?
你们做转手大动作 -就会打到上帝的下巴吗?
You do cartwheels... - We kick God's chin?
我们滑一跤头会直接撞到月亮? 做伏地挺身背会被太阳烤到?
We trip, hit our heads on the Moon? Do pushups, burn our backs on the Sun?
而且你看的是《华尔高街日报》 -滚蛋
And you read The Tall Street Journal. - Go away.
民♥主♥党在筹办特别演讲 作为防御纯科学的活动
Dems scheduled special-order speeches in defense of pure science.
全美爱家社团要支持蕾顿
Pro-family groups are coming to Layton's defense.
有一封由国家科学院 237个会员所签署的信件
A letter signed by 237 members of the National Academy of Sciences...
指出那个清单 是科学界的麦卡锡黑名单
...calling the list scientific McCarthyism...
国家卫生研究院的院长 刚刚做出一份声明
...and the head of the NIH just put out a statement.
“我已经下令立即审查 所有相关的研究案” 太好了
"I have ordered an immediate review of all relevant projects. " Great.
现在的《芝麻街》跟我女儿小时候 变化已经很大了
There's a whole new Sesame Street since my girls were little.
哥登和苏姗结婚了 犸丽亚有个女儿几乎都成人了
Gordon and Susan got married. Maria has a daughter that's almost grown.
鲍伯呢? -鲍伯还在他看起来帅毙了
What about Bob? - Bob is still there. He looks fantastic.
你的门口站个大帅哥
You have a handsome man in your doorway.
卡萝? -他真的得找你谈谈
Carol? - He really needed to talk to you.
你好我是艾碧巴特勒
Hello. I'm Abbey Bartlet.
我是班杜莱尔夫人 -是不过你是我们茜洁的什么人?
Ben Dryer, ma'am. - Yes, but who are you to our C.J.?
嗯问题问得真好巴特勒夫人
Well, that's an excellent question, Mrs. Bartlet.
能让我们独处一会儿吗? -幸会了
Would you excuse us a moment? - Nice to meet you.
班无论什么事 现在都不是谈的时候
Ben, whatever this is, this isn't a good time.
什么?你说“你要”是什么意思?
What...? What does that mean, you're in?
你我
You. Me.
在一起
Together.
我们六年没见过面了
We haven't seen each other in six years.
我们十五年没一起睡过了
We haven't slept together in 15.
现在是怎样我们订了吗?
So, what, are we engaged?
我有个女儿一个前妻
I have a daughter, an ex-wife.
还有个前岳母得照顾
I have an ex-wife's mother that I have to take care of.
还有我们要生小孩吗? 如果要手脚就得快
What, are we gonna have kids? We should probably get cracking.
我不是 -对
I didn't... - Yeah.
不好意思嗨嗨对不起 -好吧
Excuse me. Hi. Hi. Sorry... - All right.
我刚刚跟传统价值联盟的 麦克麦寇讨论完
I just got off with Mack McCall of the Traditional Values Alliance.
他们认为拨给爱♥滋♥研究的 二十亿特别款其实是
The $2 billion earmarked for AIDS research is actually...
给总统女儿的 假科学真马屁经费
...a pseudoscientific slush fund for the president's daughter.
她不是研究爱♥滋♥病毒的 他们是笨蛋
She doesn't work in HIV. They're kooks.
会有全国电视网的记者会 -哦我的天
With a press conference on national TV. - Oh, my God.
艾莉人呢?媒体会缠着她的
Where's Ellie? The press will be all over her.
我们大约还有三十分钟 可以把她藏起来
We've got about 30 minutes to keep her under wraps.
朗巴特菲尔
Ron Butterfield.
帮我联络华盛顿的 -茜洁
Get me the Washington bureau... - C.J.
议院委员会的成员重炮出击
under heavy fire when members of the House committee...
托比 -开始调查
Toby. - ... began investigations...
255个科学研究案例
... into 255 scientific research projects.
这些研究案例都是 国家卫生研究院赞助的
The projects, all funded with NIH grants...
而且其科学价值受到相当质疑
... were deemed of questionable scientific value by the critics.
最近的大发现是 据称巴特勒小姐正是
And in a recent turn, Miss Bartlet was believed to be...
接受爱♥滋♥研究 二十亿拨款的那一方
... on the receiving end of $ 2 billion appropriated to AIDS research.
这笔款项是在去年 由巴特勒总统特别拨给的
That money was earmarked last year by President Bartlet.
右翼发出偏袒自家人的 强烈批评
Accusations of nepotism are coming swift from the right...
不过如我们今日在此所见 整个事件依然尚未得到证实
... but as we see here today, the events are still unfolding.
巴特勒博士是总统的女儿 是约翰霍普金斯的博士后研究员
Dr. Bartlet is the president's daughter, a postdoctoral fellow at Johns Hopkins...
她的研究领域是人类乳突病毒
... where she studies human papilloma virus, or HPV...
研究对象是波多黎各的性工作者
... in Puerto Rican sex workers.
所以她很安全? -密勤组就在那里
So is she okay? - The Secret Service was right there.
这怎么可能?这可是我的家人! 你们这些人在想什么?
How is this possible?! This is my family! What the hell are you people thinking?!
哦哇 -要是我我也会吼
Oh, my. - I'd yell too.
艾莉是禁区! 我的每一个手下难道?
Ellie's off-limits! Has everyone on my staff...?
传统价值联盟怎么会把爱♥滋♥经费 跟艾莉的研究串联在一起?
How can the Traditional Values Alliance link AIDS money with what Ellie does?
爱♥滋♥跟人类乳突不是 不同的研究领域吗?
Aren't AIDS and HPV different areas of research?
都是属于腰部以下的领域
They're both below the waist.
人类乳突是经由性行为传播的病毒 跟子♥宫♥颈癌有关
HPV is a sexually transmitted virus that's been linked to cervical cancer.
快把他们叫过来!
Just get them the hell in here!
快进来
Come on.
两种人类乳突疫苗 疾病控制中心
two HPV vaccines. The Center for Disease Control...
当全国卫生研究院成立之时 理念很简单:
When the NIH was founded, the idea was simple:
就是由科学家自己定义出 最好的研究案
Identify the best research as defined by scientists themselves.
现在这些人 这些根本不是科学家的人
Now these people, who are not even scientists...
抢在科学研究尚未完成之前 出面来回答问题?
...have answered all the questions before any science is done?
有看过这些赞助研究的运用了吗?
Ever seen one of these grant applications?
我们很幸运 爱因斯坦不用管这些
We're lucky Einstein didn't have to fill one out...
不然天晓得能量会等于什么
...or God knows what E would equal.
你们现在都在做什么娱乐
So tell me what you're doing.
现在我就好想让艾莉住的公♥寓♥ 警报响到不行
Right now, I might as well let loose buzzards in Ellie's apartment...
以回报大家的功劳
...for all the good you're doing.
我们很笃定蕾顿知道艾莉的事
Pretty sure Layton's known about Ellie...
不过她一直没打草惊蛇 她让班利联络其他的研究人员
...but she covered her tracks by having Bentley call other researchers.
你们有什么建议? -发个声明直说无妨
What do you propose? - Make a statement, call it what it is.
不喜欢你的人 拿你女儿当打击目标
People who don't like you using your daughter as a partisan pi?ata.
我不会想跟他们交手 -我们必须还击
I don't want to engage with them. - We have to fight.
我不是说我们不应该还击 -大众的健康因而受到危害
I'm not saying we shouldn't. - Public health's at stake.
我们要呆坐着 让教条主义取代科学研究?
We're gonna sit back and let moralistic dogma replace scientific method?
抗生素、人类基因、落建
Penicillin, human genetics, Rogaine...
这些东西的发现 原先都没有实质的目标
...these were discovered with no practical objective.
关键不在此 -是这样没错
It's not about that. - It is.
台面上的就是这样 -叫蕾顿过来
That's what's on the table. - Get Layton over.
我不配合任何调查行动
I'm not cooperating with any investigation.
所有传送这种新闻的白宫记者 统统没收他们的通行证
Pull the passes of every White House reporter who filed on this.
先生我可以了解你有多么生气
Sir, I can only imagine how angry you must be...
妈的!
Damn it!
艾莉从没想要接受公职
Ellie's never sought or accepted public office.
那研究室也不是归她管的 她只是一个研究员!
She's not running that lab, she's a research fellow!
他们可以重炮出击没关系 他们想打的人是我
They can take all the shots they want at me.
这些人必须了解: 攻击我的家人就要自食其果
These people have to understand: Attack my family, there's consequences.
如果我们处罚国会的女议员 或是媒体就会衍生更多枝节
Sir, if we punish the congresswoman or the press, we make it more of a story.
我想我们可以让蕾顿失去可信度 -怎么做?
I think we can discredit Layton. - How's that?
她的黑名单 取自政♥治♥激进团体
She got her hit list from a political action group...
他们的另一个网址网名就是 “上帝痛恨同性恋”
...whose other website is TheLordHatesHomos. org.
艾莉从没要过什么 我第一次就职典礼我还得求她参加
Ellie's never asked for anything. I begged her to come to my first inaugural ball.
当时她要考试我就请教授改期
She had some exam, I asked the professor to reschedule it.
这件事我想她到现在还在气我
I think she's still mad at me.
我们一向很清楚: 我们不利用她们你们也不行
I have been very clear: We won't use them, you can't either.
我们从来没有把她们 摆在白宫的圣诞卡里面!
We never even put them on a White House Christmas card!
爸
Dad.
我对这一切感到很抱歉
I'm sorry about all of this.
干嘛?
What?
气我没支持你? -不我只是累了
I didn't support you? - No, I'm just tired.
本来以为今天有别的地方可去 不会待在办公室
Thought I had somewhere to go other than my office.
我还喷了香水 -班怎么了?
I wore perfume... - What happened with Ben?
我搞砸了
I wrecked it.
快到破记录了吗? -是个人最快的
Is that a record? - Personal best.
你喜欢他? -对
Do you like him? - Yeah.
真的?
Really?
对
Yeah.
去弥补吧 -可是
Go fix it. - But...
我只有这建议了
It's all I got.
打电♥话♥到蕾顿的办公室 跟他们说我现在就过去
Call Layton's office. Tell them I'm coming over right now.
你需要什么东西吗? -蕾顿怎么拿到那黑名单的?
You need something? - How did Layton get the list?
萝丝尔要介入 科学界的麦卡锡主义?
Russell gonna weigh in on scientific McCarthyism?
不我得 -这可不好
No, I need to... - Now's not good.
谢谢茱莉你真屌♥
Thanks, Julie, you rock.
都弄好了你随时可见蕾顿 他们在等你
You're all set to see Layton. They're expecting you any time.
求求你别说“你真屌♥”
Please don't say "You rock. "
司法委员会那里没什么收获
Didn't have much luck with the Judiciary Committee.
不认为你能有什么收获 -总统在考虑
Didn't expect you would. - The president is considering...
几个休会期任命案 -几个?
...a number of recess appointments. - A number?
剧集 | 白宫风云(1999) | 导航列表