剧集 | 白宫风云(1999) | 导航列表
How many companies are represented? Seven? Eight?
你希望更少吗? 不我想谈布鲁塞尔的事
You want fewer? - No. I wanna talk about Brussels...
可是你不想 我现在就要截稿了
...and you don't. And I'm on a deadline.
你不帮我们倒点饮料吗?
Aren't you gonna offer us a drink?
比尔我不知道怎么会发生这种事 我知道
Bill, I don't know how this happened. - I do.
你是这么想帮助那些金主…
You were so desperate to help a bunch of soft-money-donating CEOs...
所以就出♥卖♥♥♥我们 请不要现在泄漏消息
...that you sold us up the Ganges River. - I gotta ask you not to go public yet.
我们在创造机会 帮助经济成长
Hard as it seems, we're creating jobs. We're growing this economy.
为了谁?国外投资者? 人都跑走了经济改善有什么用?
For who, foreign investors? What good is the economy without the people in it?
你们在五年前支持我们的时候 就知道我们要自♥由♥贸易
You knew we were for free trade when you endorsed us five years ago.
因为你告诉我们 我们可能会丧失旧经济体制的工作…
Because you told us that we might lose old-economy jobs...
机会可能会被落后国家抢走
...shoe manufacturing, to some dirt-poor country.
但如果我们做好训练 就会得到更好的工作
But if we trained ourselves, we'd get better jobs.
结果那些工作机会也要被抢走了
Now they're being vacuumed out of here too.
我们要争取更多工作培训的机会 更多职场转换的协助…
We're gonna fight for more job training, more transition assistance...
有人已经换了三、四个工作
I have members on their third and fourth careers.
他们现在该怎么办? 学核武物理学?还是拉大提琴?
What are they supposed to train for now? Nuclear physics? Cello playing?
或者是干脆放弃 直接去超♥市♥当店员拿最低薪资?
Or should they give up and bag groceries for minimum wage?
这样的薪水在印度的邦加罗尔 还是可以买♥♥栋好房♥子
That would still buy a nice house in Bangalore.
我还有三个孩子在念大学 现在调职有点太晚了吧?
Well, I've got three kids in college. Little late for a transfer, isn't it?
你可以拿到退休金 薪资补助
You'll have pension assistance, wage assistance, you name it.
我才不要那些死亡保险 我的事业还没结束我要的是保住工作
I don't want burial insurance. My career isn't over yet. I wanna keep my job.
这是你欠我们的赖曼先生
You owe us that, Mr. Lyman.
你五年前在维法尔饭店 对我做出承诺
You made that promise five years ago, to my face, in the Wayfarer Hotel.
他们将会留在这里 直到你提出解决之道
They're gonna stay right here till you tell them how you plan to honor it.
你要去哪里? 去记者室…
Where are you going? - To your pressroom...
然后到国会去
...then to Capitol Hill.
联邦通讯传播委员会的员工…
One thing about the communication workers...
知道如何沟通
...we know how to communicate.
你在电视上比较好看
You look a lot better on TV.
工会指出将有一万七千个白领工作 将被外移到印度
In all, the union claims 17,000 white-collar jobs will be shipped to India.
不议员
No, congressman.
是当然
Yes, of course. Yeah.
是我了解
Yeah, I understand.
你在这干嘛? 唐娜不跟我说话
What are you doing out here? - Donna's not talking to me.
而且快失业的人 很快就会挤满我的办公室
Plus, there's soon-to-be unemployed workers in my office.
拖拉机也会一起出现 就是这样的情况
With tractors. - Something like that.
这个工作机会外移的新闻是真的吗? 是讨论专利权的
Think this job story is true? - It's proprietary.
所以共和党就有理由 打♥压♥这个贸易协定?
It'll give the GOP an excuse to squash this trade deal?
你觉得呢?
With midterms coming up, what do you think? How did you become a free-trader?
你怎么会开始支持自♥由♥贸易? 美国拥有世界上四分之一的资产…
America has a quarter of the world's wealth...
消费者却只占百分之二 无法不外销
...and only 2 percent of the customers. You have to sell to others.
该怎么跟那些 即将丢掉工作的人说明?
How do you make that case to people who will lose jobs?
问他们多常去大卖♥♥场去买♥♥ 便宜的羊毛衫?
Ask them how often they go to Wal-Mart to buy cheap cardigans.
或者是钻孔机 钻孔机?
Or drill bits. - Drill bits?
我是不♥穿♥羊毛衫 好
I don't wear cardigans. - Okay.
可是我喜欢钻孔机 所以这都是因为钻孔机的缘故
But I like a nice drill bit. - So it all comes down to cheap drill bits.
如果多付一点钱 花在其他东西的钱就变少了
Pay more for a bit, you have less to spend on other things.
如果我们不进口便宜的钻孔机…
Keep out cheap drill bits...
那个国家就不会进口便宜的美国货 这会害我们损失更多工作机会
...and that country will keep out cheap American something. That costs us jobs.
你有想过各行各业的那些平凡人吗?
Do you ever wonder if we forget the human face of trade?
那些人的血汗辛劳?
The blood and muscle?
那你就继续支持全民经济发展吧
Go with what grows the economy for everyone.
印度也有付出血汗辛劳的人
There's blood and muscle in India too.
对
Yeah.
你帮何尼斯工作的时候 他十分不赞同自♥由♥贸易
Hoynes was pretty critical of free trade when you worked for him.
对那是政♥治♥因素 那你是怎么转而支持自♥由♥贸易的?
Yeah, that was mostly politics. - So how did you become a free-trader?
因为我现在帮支持自♥由♥贸易者工作
I came to work for one.
你需要什么吗?
Did you need something?
副总统不会支持自♥由♥贸易
The vice president is going to distance himself from this trade deal.
你做得很好 一切都是政♥治♥考量
You did a great job. It's mostly politics.
抱歉我做不到 做不到什么?
I'm sorry, I can 't do this right now. - Do what?
这种〝我就要远行 不能失去你〞的情绪
This "leaving on a jet plane, can't bear to be without you" bit.
好 我现在得处理工会领袖…
Okay. - I got labor leaders frothing...
不断的抱怨 还有媒体集团的阴谋论
...at the mouth, making claims, a media conspiracy run amok.
我没办法每天跟你黏在一起
I can't need to see you every 37 seconds to achieve completion as a human.
好 这样清楚了吗?
Fine. - Are we clear on this?
我可以说句话吗? 说
Can I say something? - Go right ahead.
你把护照丢在我家了
You left your passport at my house.
皮夹也放在我家
You left your wallet at my house.
还有驾照跟所有信♥用♥卡♥
You left your driver's license and all your credit cards at my house.
祝旅途平安
Have a safe flight.
你…?
Are you...?
我知道有一家很棒的小餐厅…
There's this nice little place...
你愿意跟我一起吃午餐吗?
Can I interest you in a late lunch?
乔西
Josh.
乔西
Josh.
这个新闻会破坏我们跟 民♥主♥党的关系
This job story is killing us with the Democrats.
议长会察觉到吗?
Think the speaker will smell blood in the water and spike this thing?
比利时首相让拖拉机进场
Belgian prime minister's letting the tractors in.
总共有260台拖拉机在会场出现 感觉像是农村版的奥♥运♥
260 tractors next to the ceremony site. - It's like the hayseed Olympics.
如果我们改种玉米… 不要再开农夫的玩笑了
Maybe if we plant corn... - Stop mocking the farmers.
他们只是为自己争取生存空间
They're just trying to scratch out a living.
我没办法这样冷战下去
This no-talking thing isn't working for me.
你三点有约我得跟你做简报 还有他们不愿意离开办公室
You have a 3:00. I need to brief you, and they won't leave your office.
我知道 我试着叫他们离开
I know. - I tried to move them.
要我打电♥话♥给密勤室吗?
You want me to call Secret Service?
不用
No.
我只是想把工作做好 做些有意义的事情
I just wanna grow in my job, do something meaningful.
而不只是领薪水
Do more than earn a paycheck till I die.
你干嘛说这些?
Why are you saying that?
这是我唯一的工作我希望是有意义的 不然还不如去当餐厅服务生
I only have one career, and I want it to matter, or I might as well be a soda jerk.
我们还是继续冷战好了
Let's go back to not talking for a while.
你错过了一个很棒的派对
You missed a great party.
我有更重要的事情要处理
I got bigger problems than your brass parachute.
你要去哪? 去见麦肯纳众议员
Where you going? - To meet Congressman McKenna.
真有趣… 这一点都不有趣
That's funny... - No, it isn't funny.
他不过是个菜鸟议员
He's a two-bit jerk of a junior House member.
每次我们有预算案或贸易协定 他就会…
He holds us hostage every time we have a budget or trade deal...
想办法威胁我们
...or enough discretionary authority to buy ice cream.
10分钟以后议长要过来
I got the speaker of the House in 10 minutes.
我会微笑着把他赶出去
I'm gonna smile, bob my head and stick him in the "out" box.
快点我有会要开 我也是
Beat it. I got a meeting. - So do I, is the thing.
只有我跟麦肯纳众议员 我是他新的立法总长
It's just me and McKenna. - I'm his new legislative director.
嗨他参与两个重要委员会 这样的影响力…
Hi. He figured it'd be leverage enough he's on two authorizing committees...
足够阻挡你的预算案 你准备现在微笑赶我走了吗?
...and can stall your budget priorities. Is this where you smile and bob your head?
麦肯那对于布鲁塞尔会议有意见?
McKenna has a problem with the Brussels Round?
只是想要参与此趟行程
Just wants a seat on the plane.
你问的那个问题 关于经济发展是为了谁…
That question you asked, who's an economy for...
我对贸易协定一点都不在乎
I don't care about trade.
是你让我了解 我的意见一点都不被重视
You taught me that my view doesn't matter anyway.
你只要跟老板站在同一边 当他的传声筒…
You take your boss's position, lock, stock and sound bite...
就可以得到你想要的东西 对吗?
...and you get what you came for. Am I right?
现在的电视台太多了 连煮菜、种花都有专属频道
I think there's too many channels as it is. Cooking channel, botany channel.
我希望有个频道能做个榜样
I'm waiting for a channel devoted to explaining the other channels.
我们可以做新闻杂♥志♥类节目 知道什么时候会通过法律…
We'll do news mags. Know when they passed laws...
限制集团垄断媒体吗?
...that limit media ownership?
在40年代的时候 这是对于欧洲法♥西♥斯♥主义的回应
In the '40s, a response to fascism in Europe.
我在法♥西♥斯♥主义的频道有看到
I saw that on the fascism channel.
笑吧媒体人 很快就会只剩下一个电视台了
Laugh now, Channel Boy. Soon it'll be the only one left.
嗨 嗨我是里奥马加瑞你一定是班
Hi. - Hi, Leo McGarry. You must be Ben.
茜洁为你疯狂 没那么严重
C.J.'s nuts about you. - Not really, actually.
你为什么到处推销 联邦通讯传播委员会的新闻?已经有两家电视台主管打电♥话♥给我了
Why are you hawking this FCC story? I got calls from two network news heads.
当然啦他们对这个规定有很大的反应
Of course you have. They're crazy about this ruling.
他们太容易打电♥话♥找到我
My problem is I'm too easy to get on the phone.
我要你挡一下工作外移的新闻 我们的干部都快疯了
I need you pushing back on the job losses. Our caucus is going bananas.
这是对莫特媒体的紧急措施
This is a bailout for MertMedia.
总统反对过度媒体霸权
The president's against excessive media ownership.
如果我们认为联邦通讯传播委员会 不站在小媒体这一边那就照实说
If we think the FCC's not looking out for the little guy, say it.
没有人要写这个新闻 他们都害怕得罪自己的老板
No one's writing about it. They're afraid of their robber-baron bosses.
这是继媒体大亨威廉鲁道夫赫斯特 发动媒体大战以来…
剧集 | 白宫风云(1999) | 导航列表