剧集 | 白宫风云(1999) | 导航列表
你要去烟火晚会吗?
You gonna step out for the fireworks?
不知道想回家
I don't know. I may go home.
应该的 你需要休息
You should. You've been going at it without a break.
我没事
I'm okay.
我留意过去几天的简报
I went over the briefings from the last few days.
很多问题关于暗♥杀♥行动
There weren't many questions about the covert operation.
问题只是问题
There were questions.
为什么没有审判? 谁问的
"Why didn't Shareef have a trial? A tribunal?" Who asked that?
这是我的问题 我也存有疑问
They're my questions, Toby. I'm asking.
你看了贝拉第的辞职信
You read Berardi's resignation.
暴♥力♥是文明社会 最后不得已的手段
"Violence is the last resort of civilized nations.
只有凶手才会将暴♥力♥掩饰和美化
Violence wrapped in secrecy is the choice of thugs. "
你认为我们是凶手?
You think we're thugs?
我不知道 -你想聊聊吗
I don't know. -You wanna keep talking?
告诉我
Let me know.
很高兴你能过来
I'm glad you were able to stop by.
我不会错过与你 讨论政党议程的机会
I wouldn't miss a chance to discuss the party's agenda, sir.
我们大可不必客套 名单已经公布了
We can toss out the script. The list is out there now.
好其实我们可以直接一点 而不必等到名单出来
Great. Great, we can talk directly. Not great that the list was leaked.
你是否惊讶自己在名单上?罗勃
Were you surprised to find your name on that list, Robert?
波勃罗勃是我父亲 我确实有点惊讶
It's Bob. Robert's my dad. And, yes, sir.
我没想过自己会坐在这里
I never thought that I'd be sitting here today...
从没有 -这地方总是充满惊喜
...or any day. -This place is full of surprises.
假使这是你对客人的礼节 我不想浪费你的时间
If this is a courtesy to the speaker, I won't waste your time with a long pitch.
不会 -我跟身边的人相处融洽
No, please. -I get along with people.
他们喜欢我是因为 我作风实际
They like me in the House because I don't ruffle feathers.
他们喜欢我是因为 我的平易近人
They like me back home because I honestly enjoy a good rubber chicken.
而且我不会忘本
Has to do with the cooking I grew up on.
虽然看起来 我与采矿企业关系密切
And it may look like I'm awful cozy with the mining industry...
但西部公♥司♥雇佣的人 是我合法选民的五倍
...but WestCo employs five times as many of my constituents...
而且几乎都在我的选区 -你是一个牛仔吗波勃?
...as anyone else in my district. -Are you a horseman, Bob?
我注意到你的马靴 -我喜欢骑马
I'm looking at your boots. -Oh, I love to ride. You?
我幼♥女♥尤其擅长骑马
My youngest daughter's the one with the talent.
感谢上帝她平安回来 -是的
Praise the good Lord for her safe return. -We do.
我穿马靴
No, I wear these boots... .
我可以说这是因为我念旧
I could give you some crap about remembering my roots.
但其实只是因为马靴穿起来舒服
But I wear these because I've got flat feet and they don't hurt my arches.
感谢你抽空过来
Well, thank you for coming by on such short notice.
我想说明一点 能接受这个职位是我的荣幸
Let me go on the record. If you were to offer the job, I would be honored.
谢谢 -但我有条件
Thank you. -But I would need a couple things.
虽然我对你和 荷尼斯的关系不甚了解
I wasn't close enough to say for sure about your relationship with Hoynes.
但作为你的副总统 我需要一些沟通
But as your vice president, I would want more access.
直接的沟通
Direct access.
每周一次的午餐或者小聚 我们对彼此还很陌生
Weekly lunch or drinks. Especially since we don't know each other.
似乎你是一个野心勃勃的副总统
Sounds like you'd be a vice president who'd be looking to move up.
我无意在最后的任期拉你后腿
I'm not trying to run out the clock on you...
我相信我成为候选人
...but I'm sure that my name came up...
应该是因为我温和的形象
...because some see me as the bland candidate.
不会威胁任何人
Nobody's nightmare.
中庸之道的作风
The triumph of mediocrity.
如果我接受这个职位 我不惜牺牲自己的形象
If I were to take the job, I'd mean to confound those expectations.
你要明白
And I'd want you to know that.
除了副总统的位置 我还能再回报你什么吗?
Any other ways I can sweeten the offer for you, Bob?
她们回去了 -我知道
I'm sending my girls home. -I heard.
要去告别吗
You wanna say goodbye?
艾碧和我谈过
Abbey and I spoke earlier.
227年前 一群家伙决定
Two hundred and twenty-seven years ago, a bunch of guys got together...
在7月4日起义
...on the Fourth of July and decided...
因为他们没有武力支持
...because they didn't have any cherry bombs...
只好高举民♥主♥的旗帜
...they would declare some self-evident truths.
民♥主♥有时其实挺讨厌的
Fed up with democracy, are we?
我致电贝利希尔
I called Lewis Berryhill.
告诉他事情办不成
Told him it wasn't gonna work out.
你不想争斗 -我想
You didn't want a fight. -I did want a fight.
但人♥民♥需要总统有效执政
But the country needs a president who's doing their work...
而且将信任加诸于 一个随时会挂掉的总统
...and since they put their trust in a guy whose mortality is showing...
他们需要完整的行政链条 这是不容反驳的
...they deserve a chain of command that's irrefutable.
谁是那个人?
So who is it?
法兰克林认为民♥主♥的最后希望
Ben Franklin thought the only hope for democracy...
是人♥民♥能以相互 尊重的姿态达成妥协
...was if people respected each other enough to compromise.
西科罗拉多的人♥民♥ 有4次机会改变主意
Folks in western Colorado had four chances to change their minds...
但他们一直支持波勃 罗素
...about Bob Russell, and they haven't.
波勃 罗素? 真的? -他不是我心仪的
Bob Russell? Really? -He ain't my choice.
我们只是不愿接受现实 开始进程吧
But, hey, we hated the last guy. So let's start the betting process.
你要亲自告诉他们吗 -你去吧我很累
You wanna tell the gang? -You do it. I'm done for the day.
总统先生 还有一事
Actually, Mr. President, you have one more thing.
我会履行法律规定的义务
That I will perform work of national importance...
我会履行法律规定的义务
That I will perform work of national importance...
我自愿服从
...when required by law. -...when required by law.
我自愿服从
That I take this obligation freely... -That I take this obligation freely...
全心全意 竭尽全力
...without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion.
全心全意 竭尽全力
...without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion.
以上帝的名 -以上帝的名
So help me God. -So help me God.
谢谢 里奥 -各位
Thanks, Leo. -Ladies and gentlemen...
美♥利♥坚♥合众国总统
...the president of the United States.
谢谢
Thank you, Your Honor. Please.
我的人♥民♥ 欢迎
My fellow Americans, congratulations and welcome.
我知悉你们无法找到 合适的场所作宣誓之用
I hear you had some trouble finding a safe place to take your oath today.
我们的国父也有过类似的麻烦
Our Founding Fathers were in a similar predicament.
我们伟大的独♥立♥宣言
In many ways, our great Declaration of Independence...
正是在这样的困境下产生
...was a work order issued under fire.
我们仍然努力去实现它的价值 现在请起立
One we still struggle to fulfill. Now, if you'll please stand...
举起右手放于胸前 跟我说
...place your hand on your hearts and say with me:
我向国旗宣誓效忠
I pledge allegiance to the flag...
美♥利♥坚♥合众国
...of the United States of America.
为它所代表的
And to the Republic for which it stands...
在上帝眷顾下团结统一
...one nation under God, indivisible...
为所有人带来 自♥由♥和正义的共和国
... with liberty and justice for all.
我不害怕 父亲 很好玩!
I wasn't scared, Daddy. It was fun!
剧集 | 白宫风云(1999) | 导航列表