剧集 | 权欲(2014) | 导航列表
Who the hell did you go to this party with?
是哪个家伙带你去的派对
Dre took me.
德瑞带我去的
He was there with me.
他和我一起在那里的
Uncle Tommy, can we keep this between me and you?
汤米叔叔 我们能把这留作你我之间的秘密吗
Yeah.
好啊
No doubt.
没问题
Well, hurry up.
快去忙吧
You gotta get ready for court.
你得准备去法庭了
Terry,
特里
I need to talk to you before I go up there.
我得在过去之前跟你谈谈
There's something you need to know.
有些事你需要知道
I'm sorry, Mrs. St. Patrick, it'll have to wait.
我很抱歉 圣帕特里克夫人 那你得再等等
Trust me, everything's gonna be fine.
相信我 一切都会好起来的
Good afternoon, Your Honor.
下午好 法官大人
Upon reviewing Mr. St. Patrick's finances,
我们在复审圣帕特里克先生的财务状况时
a discovery has been made.
有了新发现
We'd like to enter into evidence a check written by Thomas Egan
我们找到一张托马斯·伊根开给圣帕特里克的
to Mr. St. Patrick's nightclub Truth,
夜店真理的支票 并想将之列入证据
which we believe is payment
我们相信这笔钱被用于
for the murder of FBI Agent Greg Knox.
买♥♥凶谋杀联调局探员格雷格·诺克斯
The defense has spoken to the long-standing friendship
辩护方一直表示伊根先生与圣帕特里克先生
between Mr. Egan and Mr. St. Patrick.
是多年的朋友
How do we know this isn't just a loan
我们怎么知道 这不是朋友之间的
being paid off between pals?
有借有还呢
For one, Mr. St. Patrick's own statements
首先 圣帕特里克的个人陈述中说
that their business relationship had concluded
他们的生意关系在几周之前
at Mr. St. Patrick's behest several weeks prior.
已经按照圣帕特里克的意愿结束了
And the other, the amount, Your Honor.
其次 支票金额 法官大人
Seven figures. Must be one hell of a loan.
达到了七位数 这可不是一般的借款
Mr. Silver, those are some very compelling points.
西尔弗先生 这些论点都非常引人信服
You have anything you want to say to dispute them?
你有什么想说的来反驳
Yes, Your Honor. We'd like to present a witness.
是的 法官大人 我们有一名证人
I'd like to call James St. Patrick to the stand.
我希望现在让詹姆斯·圣帕特里克上证人席
You swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth
你愿意向上帝发誓 一切居实禀告
so help you God?
毫不欺瞒
I do.
我愿意
Mr. St. Patrick,
圣帕特里克先生
are you aware of the check the prosecution cited?
控方所提到的支票 你有印象吗
Well, yeah.
是的
I don't know where you grew up,
我不知道你是在什么环境中成长的
but when somebody gives you a check for seven figures,
于我而言 有人给我一张七位数的支票时
you tend to remember... That's a lot of zeroes.
我是会记得的 那可是很大一笔钱
Can you explain the purpose of the check?
你能解释一下支票的用途吗
Yes, the check was a loan
好的 支票是一笔贷款
to pay a security firm that I hired some time back
付给了一家安保公♥司♥ 我有时会从他们那雇人
to secure my three nightclubs.
来保障我的三家夜店的安全
And why did you need to go to
那你为什么要找你的朋友
your friend Tommy Egan for this?
汤米·伊根来借钱呢
I mean, you're a successful businessman.
我是说 你是个成功的生意人
You have three nightclubs.
你开了三家夜店
Why not a bank?
那为什么不去银行
Tommy's my friend.
汤米是我的朋友
I was in negotiations with the Bassett Hotel Group
我当时一直在与巴西特酒店集团
at the time.
商谈业务
I'd invested all of my liquid money with them,
我把所有的流动资产都投给他们了
so I needed the immediate cash.
所以我需要即时现金
I'm sure that put your family in a pretty tough spot.
我想这会令你的家庭陷入艰难的境地
It did.
的确
As a father, uh, it keeps you up at night,
作为父亲 这让我夜不能寐
hoping that you're providing everything for your children.
希望自己为孩子提供了所需的一切
That's why I'm fighting so hard to get back to them,
这也是为什么我如此努力地想回到他们身边
back home.
回到家中
When Mr. Mak comes up here to question you,
当马克先生稍后过来审问你时
he's going to say that you were desperate for money.
他会说你当时急需用钱
Lucky for you, your friend Tommy Egan had that money,
幸运的是 你的朋友汤米·伊根能拿得出来
but he did need something in return.
但他需要你有所回报
He needed you to kill Agent Knox.
他要你去杀了诺克斯探员
Which absolutely couldn't be further from the truth.
这肯定不可能是真的
I get it.
我明白
Where I grew up, Southside Jamaica, Queens,
我在皇后区的拉丁贫民窟长大
people think as a young black man that
人们都认为 作为一名年轻的男性黑人
you're given one coin with two sides, Your Honor.
你的未来就像一枚硬币 只有两面 法官大人
Death or jail.
死亡或坐牢
Fortunately for me, I'm living proof
我很幸运 我就是第三条路存在的
that it can go another way.
活生生例子
Tommy's loan was simply that, a loan.
汤米的借款就是借款
No quid pro quo. No strings attached.
没有抵偿物 没有附加条件
I'm a businessman.
我是个商人
I'm a husband, a father, and a friend.
同时也是丈夫 父亲 和朋友
Nothing more, nothing less.
除此之外 别无其他
No further questions, Your Honor.
问讯结束了 法官大人
All right, you may step down, Mr. St. Patrick.
好了 你可以下去了 圣帕特里克先生
We will take a 30-minute recess.
我们将进入三十分钟的休庭
It was bad, but we still have the upper hand here.
情况不容乐观 但我们仍是有优势的
By putting St. Patrick on the stand,
让圣帕特里克上证人席
Silver's made him fair game.
西尔弗这么做我们就有机可乘了
This is our chance.
这是一个机会
I agree.
我同意
And I know how to get him.
我也知道如何对付他了
Tasha St. Patrick.
塔莎 圣帕特里克
I'm so sorry to see you under these circumstances,
很遗憾会在这种地方遇到你
but... you look wonderful.
不过 你看上去棒极了
Thank you, Simon Stern. It's good to see you.
谢谢 西蒙 斯特恩 很高兴见到你
How's the single life treating you?
你的单身生活怎么样
Splendidly.
精彩纷呈
You'd be surprised how energized you feel
你会对恢复自♥由♥后自己有多么精力充沛
when you're free.
感到惊讶的
Speaking of freedom,
说到自♥由♥
such a shame
一名无辜的人
an innocent man is being railroaded.
被陷害入狱 真是可惜
Well, that's nice to hear,
听到这些话真好
but James has plenty of support.
不过詹姆斯收到了很多帮助
Oh, of course.
当然的了
I saw your beautiful family.
我看见了你美好的家庭
I also heard about financial issues
我还听说了你正面临的
you're facing.
财务问题
The last thing we want to see is this unfortunate case
我们最不想看见的就是这起不幸案件
beginning to affect your children.
将会影响到你的孩子
Let me help.
让我来帮忙吧
That's nice of you, but... we're good.
你是个好人 但...我们很好
Thanks.
谢谢
Now, if you'll excuse me...
现在 失陪了...
Mrs. St. Patrick,
圣帕特里克夫人
if you change your mind,
如果你改了主意
give me a call.
请打给我
Yo, Dre. It was supposed to be
嗨 德瑞 本来就是
a one-off thing to get their shipment in.
为把他们的货物弄进来而搞的一次性活动
And you telling me that you want to open it back up again?
你是在跟我说 你打算再来一次吗
I mean, I figured it worked well last time
我发现它上一次运作的很好
with the club being locked down.
就是夜店被锁的那段时间
We need to make some money somehow, so...
我们现在总得搞点钱来
supplement the loss.
才能补偿损失
I like it. Smart thinking, Dre.
我喜欢 这是个好主意 德瑞
This time I need it to be more underground, word of mouth.
这次得办的更隐蔽点 口头的
I mean, it can't be permanent. Can't be selling product here.
不能是长♥期♥的 也不能在这里卖♥♥货
In case anything happens, we can just pack it all up,
万一有事发生 我们可以立刻把东西打包
get the fuck out of Dodge. I'm way ahead of you.
马上闪人 我早就想到了
I was thinking if we don't want to move the weight in here,
我在想 如果我们不想把货搬进来
then we open the courier system,
那我们就弄个快递系统
sell the drugs that way.
用另一种方法贩毒
剧集 | 权欲(2014) | 导航列表