剧集 | 夜间法庭(2023) | 导航列表
下个案件 对约翰戈尔曼的公诉
Next up, the People v. John Gorman.
戈尔曼先生因偷盗钱包而被控盗窃罪
Mr. Gorman is charged with larceny theft for a purse snatching.
额 法官阁下 这个所谓的指控太离奇了
Uh, Your Honor, this alleged crime is so quaint,
事实上有点意思
it's actually charming.
这是对一个简单时代的致敬
It's an homage to a simpler time,
当有人当着你的面礼貌的抢劫你时
when people had the decency to rob you to your face,
当街溜子能掏了你的兜并温暖你的心时
when a street urchin could pick your pocket and warm your heart,
这常常出现在同一首歌♥里
often within the same song.
反对 这纯属无稽之谈
Objection. Hot nonsense.
反对有效
Sustained.
检方要求传唤目击证人 法官阁下
The State has a witness, Your Honor.
能请你描述一下你看到了什么吗?
Would you mind describing what you saw, please?
那是个清爽的秋日
It's a crisp autumn day.
一个模糊的人影从街边卖♥♥水仙花的小贩边跑过
A blur of a man races by a street vendor selling daffodils.
这时在我身后 一声喊声响起 "我的包!
Behind me, a cry rings out-- "My bag!
他偷了我的包!"
He stole my bag!"
而这座城市一无所觉
The city feels nothing.
能请检控双方都上前来吗?
Would the counsel please approach the bench?
允许我像对坚果棒一样对证人吗?
Permission to treat the witness like a nut bar?
-你们不知道这是谁吗? -嗯?
- Don't you know who that is? - Mm?
那是雷米卡.蒙特.普尔西亚诺
That's Remecca Monte-Pulciano.
她主持的那个播客我很喜欢
She hosts this podcast that I love,
"社会考察家"
"The Social Archaeologist."
我对播客没什么兴趣
I'm not a fan of podcasts.
我喜欢有声书
I'm an audiobook gal.
我正在看马修·麦康纳
I'm in the middle of Matthew McConaughey's.
马修·麦康纳,美国演员,出演过"德州电锯杀人狂”"猎杀U571”等作品
明天 我要对你用这种口气...
Tomorrow, I'm gonna hit you with an--
“全体起立 全体起立 全体起立"
[ As McConaughey ] "All rise, all rise, all rise."
她的节目关注于所有人
This one focuses on everyday people
并且深入发掘什么是他们的源动力
and digs deep into what makes them inspirational.
我基本上能肯定是她了
I'm almost positive it's her.
只有一个办法能确定
There's only one way to find out.
能请证人复述以下这句话吗
Would the witness please say the phrase,
"这里是你的智慧星期三"?
"Here is your Wisdom-Out Wednesday"?
这里是你的智慧星期三
Here is your Wisdom-Out Wednesday.
哦 哦! 就是她!
Oh-ho! It is her!
我终于看见她当面说话了
I finally got to see her mouth move while she says it.
现在我们可以死而无憾了
Now that we've achieved all our dreams, only death awaits.
等等 被告哪去了?
Wait, where's the defendant?
还有我的钱包呢?
And where's my purse?
哦 有人看见发生了什么吗?
Oh, did anyone see what happened?
旧鞋踏在开裂的油毯发出回响
There was an echo of worn soles on cracked linoleum,
还有那一闪而过的假爱马仕橙
and then a flash of fake Hermès orange.
爱马仕橙,最早成名于爱马仕产品的包装盒,后来被一直沿用并融入了爱马仕的各类产品中
而阴影被毫无理由的弃之不顾
And for no reason at all, shade was thrown.
而请在哔声之后说出你的实情
And speak your truth after the beep.
哦! 简直太棒了
Oh! That was amazing.
现在我甚至比我的牙科预约
Now I'm even more excited for my dental appointment
如传闻中的那样,美国的牙医非常难约
在明天就得到确认更兴奋
to get confirmed tomorrow.
但事实上 我让你留下来还有另一个原因
But actually, there is another reason I asked you to stay.
说实话 我对你的播客有个想法
The truth is, I do have an idea for your podcast.
这关乎这个法庭和我们对正义的同理心
It's about this court and our empathetic approach to justice.
看看这都谁来了
And look who happens to be here.
那些为此奉献的英雄们
The dedicated heroes who make it happen.
如果要搞这种突然袭击 我希望能有茶水点心
When I'm being ambushed, I expect pastries.
好吧 如同考古学家那样 我总是带着自己的化石刷
Well, as an archaeologist, I always have my fossil brush
和鹤形镐 所以我还是留下来
and my pickaxe, so I might as well stick around
看看表面之下掩埋了什么
and see what's under this pile of dirt.
听到了吗 伙计们?
Hear that, guys?
我们要被人甄选了
We're gonna get brushed and picked.
嗨 我是尼尔
Hi. I'm Neil.
你知道吗 我也有想过办自己的播客
You know, I've thought about doing a podcast myself.
就叫做"尼尔世界"
It's called "The Neil World,"
在那里我要卸下伪装做回自己
where I stop being polite and start being Neil.
那准确的来说应该叫"成为尼尔"吧?
And what precisely is "being Neil"?
他总是礼貌的不断问我
It's being polite and constantly asking me
他是不是该带耳环
if he should get an earring.
奥利维亚.摩尔 助理地区检察官
Olivia Moore, assistant district attorney.
我觉得如果我能上你的播客
You know, I think having me
这有助于同时提升我们两个的声望
on your podcast could build both our brands.
-是这样吗? -嗯哼
- Is that right? - Mm-hmm.
从我小时候起
From the time I was a little girl,
我就知道从事法律工作
I knew that a career in law
就像MeUndies内衣一样适合我
would fit me like a pair of MeUndies.
MeUndies(暂无中文名)是美国第一家DTC内衣品牌,以舒适和趣味性为主旨,年销过亿美元
它们真的改变了我的生活
They sure changed my life.
谢谢你 MeUndies
Thanks, MeUndies.
所以 就是这样
So, there's that.
嗯 然后有人会给你做个简短的介绍
Um, and then someone who would offer you a shorter introduction.
丹.菲尔丁
Dan Fielding.
我不愿
- No.
他这人就这样
That's my guy.
其实丹曾经在这个法庭担任检察官
Dan actually used to be the prosecutor at this very court,
他退休之后又回来做了我们的公设辩护人
and then he came out of retirement to be our public defender.
这看来是段值得挖掘的经历
Now, there's a journey I'd like to excavate.
这是她的口号♥
That's her tagline.
听到了吗 丹? 你被看上了
Hear that, Dan? You're tagline-worthy.
她要在人经历上挖个洞?
She want to dig a hole in a journey?
这到底是想干什么?
The hell sense that make?
无意冒犯 但是播客是被我和
No offense, but podcasts for me fall under the same category
能量饮料 真人秀
as energy drinks, reality TV,
还有种叫"盖伊.菲利"的玩意分在一起的东西
and something called "Guy Fieri."
盖伊.菲利是美国的一位餐馆老板,作家,游戏节目主持人和电视名人
为什么?
Why?
某些人应该只是不喜欢
Some people just don't like the idea
两个小时不间断的
of spending two uninterrupted hours
在数百万观众面前谈论自己
talking about themselves to an audience of millions.
嗯 别把我和那些白♥痴♥混为一谈
Well, don't lump me in with those idiots.
我很高兴为你效劳
I'd be happy to offer my services.
哦 很好
Oh. Right.
所以 你是想要把丹当作开胃菜
So, you'd just use Dan as, like, an appetizer
来引出更宏大的夜间法庭故事吗?
to get into the bigger night court story?
艾比 这位女士刚刚点的是牛排
Abby, the lady just ordered steak.
别再向她推销二手达桑特了
Don't try to sell her a used Datsun.
达桑特是日产旗下早年为了打开北美市场而推出的一个品牌,特点是小排量低成本
1983年此品牌被停用,2014年又在新兴市场重启了该品牌
所以 我们只是被叫来凑数的?
So, we're all just mixing metaphors now?
我是说 我们还待在这里干什么?
I mean, what are we even doing here?
丹.菲尔丁从白手起家
Is Dan Fielding's rise from humble beginnings
爬到基层司法系统的顶端
to the top of the bottom of the judicial system
是我们这个时代最引人注目的壮举吗?
one of our generation's most remarkable feats?
这不是我能下定论的
It is not for me to say.
但我很高兴再重复一遍
But it is my pleasure to repeat.
也许我们应该专注于你向公设辩护人的转变
Perhaps we should just focus on your transition to public defender.
我们之后会讲到的
We'll get to that.
威廉.詹宁斯.布赖恩说过
It was William Jennings Bryan
威廉.詹宁斯.布赖恩,美国政♥治♥家,民♥主♥党和平民党领袖。颇有吸引力的演说家
付出是衡量一个人是否伟大的标准
who said that service is a measure of a man's greatness.
而我觉得一个人是否伟大是由
I think that a man's greatness is decided
他得到了多少奖项决定的
by how many awards he gets.
而我获得的奖项从市议会选举的亚军
And mine range from runner-up in the city council election
一直到我八年级时
all the way back to my eighth grade
州拼字比赛优秀奖无所不包
state spelling bee championship honorable mention.
事实上 额 我们能谈谈这个吗?
Actually, uh, can we talk about that?
可以可以
Yes, yes.
那时开始我一生都讨厌沉默的"G"
And therein began a lifelong disdain for the silent "G."
因为G在有些词中时不发音的,容易拼写错误
不不不不
No, no, no, no.
额 我时说你竞选市议会的事
Uh, I'm talking about your run for city council.
根据我的调查 你是作为独♥立♥候选人参加竞选
Now, according to my research, you ran as an independent,
而你的对手是"D"?
and your opponent was a "D"?
是民♥主♥党吗?
For Democrat?
是死...
剧集 | 夜间法庭(2023) | 导航列表