剧集 | 吉尔莫女孩(2000) | 导航列表
She wouldn't pretend, to not kill the surprise?
冒着在装饰上意见不一的风险?
And risk clashing with the decor?
-也对 好啦 我得走了 -嘿 Henry的事
- Right. Okay, I got to go. - Hey, Henry...
-打过电♥话♥了 -然后呢?
- Called him. - And?
他喜欢我哦 他真是太完美了 可惜我再也见不到他了
He likes me. He's perfect. I'll never see him again.
具体内容可以参见我的小说 “康涅狄格州美国人在釜山”
You'll read about it in my novel: A Connecticut Yankee in Pusan.
-嗨 -嗨
- Hey. - Hi.
-你去哪儿? -我得去造房♥子
- Where you going? - I have to build a house.
-好吧,你要去哪儿? -我是认真的
- Okay, so where you going? - I'm serious.
-你真的要去造房♥子? -是一项慈善活动 而且我已经迟到了
- You're going to build a house? - It's for charity, and I'm late.
你为什么不到我家里去
Why don't you go in?
这样你和我妈就可以从“Rory要造房♥子”
You and Mom can continue the Rory's-building-a-house routine.
一直聊到“谁先来” 就像你们每次见面那样
Then move on to 'Who's on First?'
-你多久才能回来? -我也不清楚 有事吗?
- How long are you going to be gone? - I don't know. Why?
我本打算我们今天在一起 看看电影 吃点东西什么的
I just thought we could hang today, see a movie, get something to eat.
我们也可以去书店 你可以连着几个小时随便翻看 我就在旁边守着你
We could go to a bookstore, I'll watch you browse for some hours.
我很想去 可我非得去盖房♥子不可
I would love to, but I have to do this.
-别去了嘛 -那可不行
- Blow it off. - I can't.
我有没有说在书店里呆上六七个小时?
Did I mention the bookstore for some hours?
今晚出去怎么样? 我们可以叫份批萨 然后去Amazon网络书店
How about tonight? We can get a pizza and go on Amazon.
你同样可以无聊的看着我订书 我保证
You'll be just as bored watching me order books, I promise.
-那就说定了 -好 我可得走了
- Deal. - Good. I have to go.
打扰一下
Excuse me.
你碰了一个正在锯东西的人 你不应该碰一个正在锯东西的人 真不知道你在想什么?
You're touching a man with a saw. What are you thinking?
-对不起 -我可能会伤到自己
- I'm sorry. - I could have hurt myself.
我也可能会伤到你 很多人就是这样受伤的
I could have hurt you. A ton of hurt almost happened here.
真的很抱歉 我从没来过这样的工地
I really am sorry. I've never been on a job site before.
-这儿挺漂亮 -好吧 你是哪儿的?
- It's nice. - Okay, where you from?
-Chilton,我叫 -过来 Chilton
- Chilton. My name... - Come on, Chilton.
-不是 我叫Rory Chilton是我学校的名字 -你带锤子了没?
- No, it's Rory. Chilton's my school. - You got a hammer?
-带了 先生 -在哪呢?
- Yes, sir. - Where is it?
-这里面裹着的就是锤子了 -这也叫锤子?
- It's a real hammer underneath. - That's a hammer?
-就是有点装饰而已 -你给锤子作装饰?
- It's just dressed up a little. - You dressed up a hammer?
不是我 我妈妈弄的 她总是这样
No, my mother did. She does that.
她把不怎么好看的东西拿过来 然后把它们摆弄的好看些
She takes things that aren't pretty, and makes them pretty...
就像这把锤子
like a hammer.
有一回 她还为我的每个修正液瓶子做了全套衣服
One time, she made individual outfits for my Liquid Paper bottles:
一个小丑 一个牛仔 还有一个新闻播报员
A clown, a cowboy, a newscaster.
-她没疯 只是听起来像而已 -好吧
- She's not insane. She just sounds it. - Okay.
在这里工作 戴上这个
Work here. Wear these.
别往上看 注意你周围的情况
Don't look up. Pay attention to your surroundings.
“躲开” 和“跑”这两个词的 意思就是躲避或者跑
The words 'duck' or 'run' mean duck or run.
擦上防晒油 多喝水 走的时候领个徽章
Wear sunscreen, drink water, get a button on the way out.
就这样吗 这就是指示说明?
That's it? That's the instructions?
- 可我以前从来没有做过这个 - 明天你就不会那样说了
- But I've never done this before. - Tomorrow you won't be able to say that.
可人们要住在这些房♥子里啊 它们可能有孩子 宠物 或者易碎的东西
But people have to live in these houses. They may have kids, pets, or breakables.
如果你有问题 就问你旁边的人
You have trouble, ask the person next to you.
小心点
Look out!
嘿 你学的挺快 我还没提过那个呢
Hey, you learn fast. I didn't even mention that one.
那是我的墙
This is my wall.
- 什么? - 我一直在这里干活
- What? - I've been working here.
我把这些墙装配在一起的 你去找别的地方
I put together this wall. Go someplace else.
- 你把这些墙装配在一起吗? - 要加上水泥的
- You put together this wall? - Go help with cement.
- 的确让人印象深刻 - 我已经做过很多次了 没什么大不了的
- That's very impressive. - I've done it lots of times. No big deal.
Louise 我刚刚怎么告诉你的 那个得用鹤嘴锄
Louise, what did I just tell you? Use a grub ax for that.
我上当了
Bite me.
有意思 我从没有想过 你是个Bob Vila那类的女孩
I never pictured you as a Bob Vila kind of girl.
“一起重建”是一个享有声望 受人尊重的机构
Rebuilding Together is a prestigious and respected organization.
- 我已经做他们的志愿者好多年了 - 真的吗 你喜欢工装裤?
- I've been volunteering for them for years. - Really? You just love the overalls?
- 我不喜欢 哈佛喜欢 - 那是什么意思?
- I don't. Harvard does. - What does that mean?
当你申请一所常春藤联盟院校的时候 除了好评价和好分数
When you apply to an Ivy League school, you need more than good grades...
你还需要别的东西才能让你进去
and test scores to get you in.
每个申请哈佛的人都有完美的GPA 和很棒的考试分数
Everyone who applies to Harvard has a perfect GPA and great test scores.
这种额外的东西才能让你名列前茅 俱乐部 慈善团体 志愿行动
It's the extras that put you over the top: The clubs, charities, volunteering.
- 哦 原来如此 我明白了 - 我从四年级就开始做志愿者
- Oh, yeah. I know. - I started volunteering in fourth grade.
我在地方儿童医院分发饼干
I handed out cookies at the local children's hospital.
10岁时 我领导了我的第一个学 习小组 小组里面年纪最小的都12岁了
By 10, I was leading my first study group. The youngest person in the group was 12.
我做过野营顾问 组织过老年人扫盲行动
I've been a camp counselor, organized a senior literacy program...
我在自杀热♥线♥工作过 我管理过离家出走中心
I worked a suicide hot line, I manned a runaway center.
我收养过海豚 教过手语 训练过导盲犬
Adopted dolphins, taught sign language, trained Seeing Eye dogs.
你什么时间过自己的生活呢?
When did you have time for a life?
当我从哈佛毕业之后 我会有自己的生活的
I'll have a life after I graduate from Harvard.
这个地方南边的排水装置很糟 我得走了
If you'll excuse me, the drainage on the south side of this place sucks.
- 嗨 - Madeline!
- Hi. - Madeline.
再见
Bye.
-你满身尘土的样子真不错 -Dean 你好
- You look good in dirt. - Dean, hi.
- 感觉怎么样 - 漫长的 极其漫长的一天
- So how was it? - Long day.
白天结束了 我们谈谈晚上吧
The day is over. Let's talk about the night.
7:30有Barbarella的表演 你可以带上你妈妈的钱包
There's a 7:30 showing of Barbarella. You can bring your mom's purse...
就是上面有张猴子脸的包包 然后我们可以吃点汉堡
the one with that monkey face, and we'll sneak in some burgers...
-怎么了? -不行
- What? - I can't.
- 不能拿你妈妈的钱包吗? - 我今晚什么都没法做
- Get your mom's purse? - I can't do anything.
- 为什么不行? - 因为我有很多计划要做
- Why not? - Because I have a lot of planning to do.
什么计划?
What planning?
我的课外活动落后了十年
I'm 10 years behind on my extracurriculars.
你在说什么啊?
What are you talking about?
Paris自从会走路就开始累积这类 课外活动经验了
Paris has been accumulating them since she could walk.
我的意思是她做了一大堆好事简直 能把Teresa修女挤下哈佛的名单 [注:Mother Teresa of Calcutta 1979年诺♥贝♥尔♥和♥平♥奖♥,并被教宗若望·保禄二世在2003年10月列入了天主教宣福名单Beatification]
She's done enough good deeds to bump Mother Teresa off the Harvard list.
好的 我真迷糊了
Okay, I'm lost.
我全部时间都用来拼命学习
I've been studying my butt off my whole life...
而我真的认为那就可以了
and I really thought that was enough.
但是现在Paris告诉我 每个人都有很好的分数
Then Paris tells me that everyone makes good grades.
必须要有额外的东西要让你名列前茅
It's the extras that put you over the top.
我以为她是在糊弄我 就象她经常做的那样
I thought she was messing with me like she always does...
- 但是她是对的 说的很有道理 - 什么很有道理?
- but she's right. It makes total sense. - What does?
好的分数是不够的 我需要做些事
Good grades aren't enough. I need to do things.
我需要成为志愿者 为慈善团体工作 帮助盲人和孤儿
I need to volunteer, work for charity, help the blind, the orphans.
我不知道 我只是需要去做些事
I don't know, I just need to do something.
好的 那这个跟今晚有什么关系呢?
Fine, what does this have to do with tonight?
我需要现在就开始做
I need to start now.
你要现在去帮助盲人和孤儿吗?
You have to help the blind and the orphans now?
难道我没告诉你我已经迟了十年吗?
Didn't I tell you I was 10 years behind?
你不可能在一个晚上就弥补上10年吧
You can't make up for 10 years in one night.
我知道 我只是需要去计划一下
I know. I just need to get organized.
Rory 现在是暑假
Rory, it's summer.
暑假就是放松找乐的时间
Summer's the time to hang out and kick back.
我不能放松也不能找乐
I can't hang out or kick back.
我需要找一个反应迟钝的孩子 然后教他如何打垒球
I need to find a retarded kid and teach him how to play softball.
噢 上帝 听我说 我太糟了 我不够资格 并且很糟糕
Oh, God! Listen to me. I am under-qualified and horrible.
- 等等 我以为我们有时间在一起 - 我们会的
- I thought we'd spend time together. - We will.
- 什么时候? - 我不知道 也许明天?
- When? - Tomorrow, maybe.
你白天很忙 所以我们把计划安排在晚上
You were busy today, so we made plans for tonight.
- 现在你又改主意了 - 我没有
- Now you're blowing me off again. - I'm not doing that.
- 你一个星期要去三次暑期学校 - 你早就知道的
- You'll go to summer school thrice a week. - You knew about that.
我们已经分开一段时间了 我以为你想要跟我在一起的
We've been apart for a while. I figured you wanted time with me.
Dean 这是关于哈佛的
This is about Harvard.
对不起 这是关于哈佛的 我忘了
Excuse me, it's about Harvard. I forgot.
- 好 好吧 - 你生气了?
Okay, fine.
你因为我想确定能让自己 进入一个好的大学而生气?
You're mad because I want to be sure that I get into a good college?
我生气是 因为我的女朋友没有时间给我
I'm mad because my girlfriend doesn't have time for me.
Dean 别说了 这是很重要的
Stop it. This is important.
- 而这事一个晚上都不能等? - 不能
- And it can't wait for one night? - No.
- 好 - 为什么你要这样?
- Fine. - Why are you acting like this?
- 我怎么了? - 你就像两岁的小孩一样不懂事
- Like what? - Like you're two?
我不打算去哈佛 我可以不关心哈佛的事
I'm not going to Harvard. I couldn't care less about Harvard.
我只是想跟你在一起
I just wanted to hang with you.
但是很明显的 既然我才两岁 或许我该放弃这些想法
But apparently, since I'm two, maybe I'll just grow out of it.
我今晚太累了真不想出去 所以我 对自己的穿着打扮不太自信
I'm too tired to go out tonight, so I won't trust my accessorizing instincts.
你觉得这个怎么样?
Tell me what you think.
- 我没有野外生存技能 - 你不喜欢这个包包?
- I have no wilderness skills. - You hate the purse?
如果我没有野外生存技能 我怎么能进入哈佛啊?
剧集 | 吉尔莫女孩(2000) | 导航列表