Yeah, I had to get out of the apartment sooner than I thought.
我给你留了言
I left you a message.
其实我不太查看语♥音♥信箱
Oh oh, frankly, I didn't check my machine all day today.
Frasier 谢谢你帮我
Listen Frasier. Thank you so much for this.
我不会是累赘的
I won't be an imposition,
我保证你都意识不到我在这
I promise. You won't even know I'm here.
你有13条留言
You have 13 messages.
我把我的语♥音♥信箱转接进来了 你不介意吧
I had my calls forwarded. I hope you don't mind.
嘿 Roz 是我 Marco
Hey, Roz, it's Marco.
我周末到西雅图 你周六晚上忙吗
I'm coming to town this weekend. Are you busy Saturday night... late?
打给我
Call me.
我和Marco很久没聊过了
Obviously Marco and I haven't talked for a long time.
你是很久没和人聊过吧
Something tells me you never talked for a long time.
Roz 我是Paula Garrett
Roz? This is Paula Garrett,
Rick的妈妈
Rick's mom.
我们刚刚知道了宝宝的事情
We just found out about the baby,
我们很想见见你
and well, we think it's important that we meet you.
我们后天去巴黎见Rick
We're leaving to see Rick in Paris day after tomorrow,
那之前什么时间都可以
so any time before then would be fine.
我着急要出门 待会再打给你
I I'm running out now. Maybe I'll try you later.
我天
Oh, my God.
Roz 冷静点
Oh, Roz, just calm down.
他们想干嘛
What do they want?
也许他们只是想见见你啊
Maybe they want to meet you.
他们是你宝宝的祖父母
They are grandparents of your child.
我已经和Rick商量好了
Look, I worked all this out with Rick.
他才20岁 还在上大学
He's 20 years old, he's still in college
我独自抚养孩子对所有人来说都是最好的
and it's best for everybody if I raise this baby by myself.
我知道 但是
I know that, but...
我连老公都没有 但得忍♥受公婆的唠叨
Now I'm supposed to put up with in-laws and I don't even have a husband.
这就好比脱♥光♥了站在艺术课老师面前摆造型
That's like posing nude for your art teacher
但是考试还是没及格
and still flunking the course.
闭嘴 我需要那课的学分
Shut up, I needed the credit.
Roz 听我说 他们只是想跟你聊聊
Roz, listen. All they want is a short meeting.
他们现在是这么说
Yeah, Well. That's what they say now.
要是聊完还想聊怎么办
What if they want another one after that?
要是他们一直烦我怎么办
What if they won't leave me alone?
要是 要是他们觉得我不是个合格的妈妈怎么办
What if they, what if they don't think I'm a fit mother?
要是他们人好 善解人意
What if they're nice, supportive people
你希望成为他们的家人怎么办
that you glad to have in your life?
我不想见他们 Frasier
I just don't want to do this, Frasier.
我觉得很别扭
It's not comfortable.
哦 Roz
Oh, Roz...
我 我可以陪你一起去 如果你愿意的话
You know what, I... I could go with you... if you like. I mean.
还有更好的办法
Oh, better yet,
我们可以明晚在我家见他们啊
we could have them here tomorrow night.
Niles我俩8点去看宠物狗展
Niles and I have that dog show at eight o'clock.
他们可以在那之前来啊
They could come before that.
我不知道该怎么办
I don't know.
肯定是Garrett夫人又打来了
I'll bet that's Mrs Garrett.
说我不在这
I'm not here.
喂 对 她在 是 她收到你的留言了
Hello? Yes, she is. Yes, she did get your message.
不 不行 可能她不能见你了
No, no, I'm afraid she won't be able to meet you.
是 我理解你很难过 真是太抱歉了
Yes, I understand that you're upset. I'm terribly sorry.
再见
Goodbye.
谢谢你 Frasier 谢谢你
Thank you, Frasier. Thank you.
是Marco打来的 现在我们来给Garrett打电♥话♥
That was Marco. Now we're calling Mrs Garrett.
需要磨刀石的时候它在哪
好吧 跟我说实话 我看起来如何
All right, give it to me straight. How do I look?
像成长中误入歧途的姑娘
Like Pollyanna grew up and got herself in a little trouble.
我为什么要这么做 我怎么就被你说服了
Why am I doing this? How did I let you talk me into this?
这对他们来说很重要
It will mean a lot to them.
这也是看看你宝宝的血统如何的好机会啊
Besides, this is a chance to learn about your baby's lineage.
很多东西都会遗传的
A lot of things are inherited,
比如智商啊 艺术感啊
you know, like intelligence, artistic ability...
天呐 他们来了 我得去看看我的妆怎么样了
Oh my God, that's them. I've got to check my make-up.
Roz 别害怕 会很有趣的
Roz, don't need to panic,this should be fun.
像提前检验宝宝会是什么样的
It's like a little preview of who your child might be.
嘿 你好 我是Steve Garrett
Hi, there. Steve Garrett.
我太太是 亲爱的 - 我也很高兴见到你
My wife's just... Honey? - It was nice seeing you, too.
太巧了 你的邻居之前去过我的美发沙龙
What a coincidence. Your neighbor goes to my hair salon.
嗨 我是 Paula
Hi, I'm Paula.
我是Frasier Crane 快请进
Frasier Crane. Won't you please come in?
Roz马上就来 她只是去补补 妆
Roz will be out in a second. She just went to powder her... self.
希望这不会让她觉得太怪
We hope this isn't too awkward for her.
她在电♥话♥里听起来很焦虑
She sounded a little anxious on the phone.
可是也不怪她啊
Then again, who could blame her?
她又不知道我们是什么样的人
She doesn't know what kind of people we are.
这种事换了谁都会紧张的
A situation like this is enough to make anyone a little nervous.
其实 Roz真不是那种会紧张的类型
Well, actually, you know Roz isn't the nervous type.
Roz 这是Garrett夫妇
Roz? This is Steve and Paula Garrett.
你好 - 你好
Hi. - Hi.
没事的 你这么惊讶很正常
That's, that's all right, Roz. We don't blame you for being shocked.
我们习惯了
I mean, we're used to it.
你该看看我们遇到的那些人脸上的表情
You should see the looks we get.
你一直克制着对不对 Crane医生
You were taken aback yourself, weren't you, Dr Crane?
当然没啊 - 没事 每个人都会有心里的想法
Certainly not. - Come on, that's all right. Everyone comments on it.
好吧 我必须得承认我刚开门的时候
Well, all right, I must admit when I opened the door I...
根本不信我们是20岁孩子的父母
Couldn't believe we were old enough to have a 20-year-old son.
对啊 你们看起来特别年轻 是不是 Roz
Exactly. You know, you both look so young, don't they, Roz?
是 年轻 非常非常年轻
Yes, young. Very, very young.
Roz 我知道你有点别扭 所以我们来说
Oh, Roz, I can see you're feeling a little uncomfortable so let us just say,
我们根本没想打扰你的生活
Right up in front, we have no intention of intruding on your life.
Rick跟我们说你是非常非常出色的人
Rick told us what wonderful person you are.
我们只是想要见见你
We just wanted to meet you
给你力所能及的帮助和支持
and offer any help or support you think is appropriate.
谢谢 你们真是太好了
Thanks. That's very nice.
客人们可能有点饿了吧
I thought your guests might be a little peckish.
这位是Daphne Moon 这是Garrett夫妇
Daphne Moon, Steve and Paula Garrett.
你们好 我
Hello, I...
我知道 很惊讶吧
I know, it's amazing, isn't it?
其实他们的孩子都20岁了
Actually, they are the parents of a 20-year-old.
太惊讶了 - 是啊
Amazing. - Yeah.
失陪一下
If you'll excuse me.
Niles 你早到了一小时
Oh, Niles, you're an hour early.
嗨 Roz 我想着你去看展览之前
Hi, Roz. I thought you might want
想去吃点东西呢
to grab a bite to eat before the dog show.
抱歉 我不知道你们有 有
Well, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you had, had...
有 有
had, had...
客人 对啊 这是Garrett夫妇
Company! Yes, yes, Steve and Paula Garrett,
这是我弟弟 Niles Crane
this is my brother Niles Crane.
Garrett夫妇是Roz未出生的宝宝的祖父母
The Garretts are the grandparents-to-be of Roz's baby.
很高兴见到你们
Oh, nice to meet you.
听说你要去看宠物犬展览
Did I hear you mention you're going to a dog show?
是啊 西雅图犬类俱乐部的年度展览
Yeah, the Seattle Kennel Club is having its annual event tonight.
Steve和我前几年也去过
Steve and I went to that a few years ago.
我们特别喜欢狗 养了两只巨大的雪纳瑞
We just love dog. We have two giant Schnauzers.
雪纳瑞:原产于德国的犬种 其鼻子周围有很长的毛
天呐 Paula 快看这风景 - 哦
My goodness, Paula, look at the view. - Oh.
Roz 要不你带Garrett夫妇俩去看看夜景
Roz, why don't you show the Garretts the view.
太好了 我们可以去呼吸一下新鲜空气
Oh yes, that would be nice. I could use a breath of fresh air.
快停下吧 你们俩
Just stop it, the two of you.
老天 你俩就像两岁小孩一样
My God, you're acting like a couple of two-year-olds.
我回来了 - 爸 你怎么回来了
I'm home. - Dad. What are you doing here?
啊 旧金山不行了 我们的根据地全没了
Ah, 'Frisco was a bust. All our watering holes are gone.
牛排店变成了寿司吧
The steakhouse was a sushi bar.
今天早上 Duke我俩去散步
And this morning, Duke and I went out for a walk.
路过市政厅的时候
We passed City Hall
看到门前有一堆人
and there's this big crowd,
好像在进行什么誓师大会
kind of like a pep rally or something.
我们就也参加了 然后前面有一个穿着正装的人
So we joined them. Well, some official guy in front
说了些啥我们也没听清
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表