剧集 | 宿敌:贝蒂和琼(2017) | 导航列表
艾迪 快点
Addie, quick.
且过于强势 尤其对于身为女性的她来说
And far too powerful, especially for a woman.
琼就是杰克对贝蒂的警告
Joan was Jack's message to Bette:
我麾下不是只有你一个
You're not the only bitch in the kennel.
而琼捡贝蒂不要的剧本也是心不甘情不愿
And Joan wasn't too proud to take Bette's scraps.
《欲海情魔》
你从未提及过你的朋友
You've never spoken of your people.
也未说过你的来历
Who you came from.
《欲海情魔》 1945年
也许这就是为什么父亲...
Maybe that's why father...
没过多久 她就找到了能让她东山再起的角色
Wasn't long before she found her comeback role.
如果贝蒂知道这个角色能使她得奥斯卡
A role that Bette never would have passed on
她绝不会将其拱手让人
had she realized it was Oscar-worthy material.
华纳兄弟
怎么了
What?
先生 贝蒂·戴维斯来了
Sir, Bette Davis is here.
她要见你
She's demanding to see you.
见鬼
Shit.
我知道你要干什么 杰克
I know what you're doing, Jack,
你把我的戏都给克劳馥演就是为了控制我
giving Crawford all my roles to control me,
让我自乱方寸
make me insecure.
你说 让你来演这个角色就是在侮辱你
You said you were offended that I offered it to you.
我不想演一个少年的妈妈
I didn't want to play the mother of a teenager.
好吧 所以你该吸取这个教训了
All right, well, then, there's a lesson in all this,
难道不是吗 小姑娘
isn't there, chickie?
下一次 你就得无条件相信我
Next time, you got to fucking trust big daddy.
难道你对我送过去的剧本
But aren't you even just a little excited
一点都不感兴趣吗
about that pip of a script I sent you?
让我戴着顶吓人的黑色假发来演一位不受重视的母亲
Where I play a neglected wife in a black fright wig
试图通过跳崖来杀死自己腹中胎儿
who tries to abort her child by throwing herself down a hill
最后自己命丧黄泉吗
and then dies?
好吧 那就别接
Fine. Don't do it.
克劳馥很喜欢这个剧本
Crawford loves it.
失陪一下
If you'll excuse me,
我要错过午餐时间了
I'm late for my lunch now.
-我猜猜 拉娜·特纳吗 -不是
- Let me guess, Lana Turner? - Nope.
*三者均为米高梅电影公♥司♥的知名女演员
-朱迪·嘉兰 -不是
- Judy Garland? u202d- Nope.
艾娃·加德纳Ava Gardner?
琼·克劳馥
Joan Crawford.
可怜的贝蒂
Poor Bette.
琼现在接的都是对中年女性来说最好的角色
While Joan now got the best parts for women of a certain age,
《越过森林》 1949年
现在轮到贝蒂出演那些女店员和妓♥女♥了
it was Bette who had to play the shopgirls and the slatterns.
破地方
What a dump.
而这场龙争虎斗使杰克·华纳
And it was Jack Warner who, through it all,
赚得盆满钵溢
made millions off both of them.
可能会一直持续下去
And probably always would.
琼·克劳馥
可不就是耍这些把戏吗
Ain't that just the way?
我的大明星来了
Oh, there's my star.
我讨厌吃早餐的这场戏
I hate the breakfast scene.
-我很喜欢呀 -都是赘述
- I love that scene. - Too much exposition.
不 她一直在揭布兰琪的伤疤
No, she's rubbing Blanche's nose in it.
布兰琪抢走了她的风头 你得来点内心戏
She stole her limelight. You got to use that underneath.
我不要潜台词 鲍勃 我需要好台词
I don't need subtext, Bob, I need good text.
贝蒂 今天就要拍这个 这场戏很精彩
Bette, it's today's work, it's a good scene,
琼就很喜欢
and Joan likes it.
我可没这么讲过
I never said that.
我同意贝蒂的观点
I agree with Bette.
剧本描述不出
The writing doesn't begin to capture
两个女人是如何斗个你死我活
how women get under each other's skin.
剧本显得心有余而力不足
The intent is there, but the execution is lackluster.
你要解决这个问题 鲍勃
You work on that, Bob.
好好想想该怎么做
See what you can do.
我们急切期待着剧本的修改版
We'll anxiously be awaiting a rewrite.
你觉得这么说怎么样 "急切期待着"
How do you like that-- "Anxiously" awaiting?
这场面多温馨
Isn't that a pretty picture?
她们终于能和睦相处了
They're finally getting along.
是啊 她们上个星期
Yeah, and to think only last week
还巴不得对方死呢
they were wishing each other dead.
贝蒂太出色了
Bette is just amazing.
杰克·华纳庄园
媒体发布会 1962年
她今年要把所有奖项收入囊中了
Oh, she's going to win all the awards this year.
赫达
Hedda.
你们两个人真的相处融洽吗
Are you two gals really getting along together?
告诉我吧
Come on, you can tell Hedda.
赫达 我们之前就告诉过你
Hedda, we told you before,
我们很快就相处得非常融洽
we're getting on like a house on fire.
自上次拉完屎后 我就没见过这种屁事了
I haven't seen this much shit since my last bowel movement.
那是哪年
What year was that?
1932年
1932.
你知道苏格兰威士忌哪点好吗 鲍勃
You know the good thing about scotch, Bob,
年份越久 品质越高
is it only gets better when it ages.
而那些娘们...
Broads...
年纪大了只会发酸发臭
they just get sour.
我听说这两个贱♥人♥
So I hear that these two bitches
很让你头疼 鲍比
are really busting your balls, huh, Bobby?
这都是家常便饭了
Aw, typical stuff, you know.
贝蒂总吵着要再拍一个特写镜头
Bette's always fighting me for another close-up,
但琼一直要我删掉
Joan's always fighting me to take it out.
但是她们点亮了银幕 杰克
But they're burning up the screen, Jack.
你早就应该让她们俩搭档
You should have paired them years ago.
不 谢了
No, thanks.
我可不希望爆发第三次世界大战
Two world wars were enough.
不过我有点事要跟你说 鲍比
But there's something I want to talk to you about, Bobby.
办公室告诉我 你的拍摄进度滞后了
The front office tells me that you're behind schedule,
我可不是很满意
and I don't like that.
只晚了一天 我们才刚开始
Well, j-just by one day. We just started.
-我会赶上进度的 -好的
- I'll make it up. - u202dOkay.
而且我不打算像之前承诺过的那样
And also, I'm not gonna release the picture
发行这部电影了
the way I said I would.
我想让规模更大一些
I'm gonna open it bigger.
以前从来没人这么做过
The way no one's ever done before.
来一次全国大范围发行
A wide release.
在400块银幕上映
400 screens.
我吓着你了吗 肯定吓到了
Did I get you? I got you!
-你吓到我了 -没错
- Oh, you got me. - I got you.
400块银幕 你疯了吗 为什么
400? Are you crazy? What-- why?
为什么 因为你是对的
Why? 'Cause you're right.
这俩人的组合的确点亮了银幕
They're burning up the screen together.
鲍比 她们的对手戏简直太刺♥激♥了
Bobby, their scenes are fucking electric.
她们太让人惊叹了
They are fucking electric!
我们得承认 《惊魂记》上映之后
And let's face it, after Psycho,
恐怖片才是未来 而且我们抓住了机会
horror's the future, and we got it.
我们接下来打算这么做
Okay, now here's what we got to do.
我们需要制♥造♥一些舆♥论♥
There's got to be buzz.
是的 我们可以让宣传机构去处理
Yeah, yeah, we can keep the publicity machine going.
我可以让你的公♥关♥人员随意出入后台
I'll give your PR people full access to the set.
不不不 不止这些 兄弟
No, no, no, there's got to be more than that, bubbie.
你得让她们继续斗得你死我活
You got to keep 'em at each other's throats.
你必须这么做
You have to.
我会保证让她们的名字登上报纸
I'll make sure their names are in the papers.
这不是问题
That's not a problem.
但是如果你这么做
But if you do this,
你就可以在这座城市里扬眉吐气
you'll be able to write your own ticket in this town.
干杯 兄弟
L'chaim, bubbeleh.
做得好 鲍比 来
Well done, Bobby. Come on!
我们去看看他们在干嘛
Let's go see what they're doing.
这不仅是斗志的问题
It's not just about morale,
还是尊重的问题 而这两样我都失去了
it's also about respect-- I've lost both.
自从我把那个
Ever since I fired that tomato
演邻家女孩的美女炒掉
who was playing the neighbor girl,
整个剧组的人都知道我是被强迫的
剧集 | 宿敌:贝蒂和琼(2017) | 导航列表