剧集 | 宿敌:贝蒂和琼(2017) | 导航列表
别拿老头子来开玩笑
Don't make fun of an old man.
-停 -数周以来
- Cut! - Whispers of a production shutdown
有关停机的传言一直困扰着剧组
have been dogging the project in recent weeks.
前不久
And not far away,
电影的主演之一 琼·克劳馥
one of the picture's stars, Joan Crawford,
刚从主治医生所说的小小的疑难杂症中恢复
recovers from what her doctors are calling a mystery ailment.
据知情人士透露
Insiders say that Joan
琼只是与贝蒂·戴维斯
may just have a bad case of the B.D.S,
闹不和而已
as in Bette Davis.
赫达·霍珀 好莱坞专栏
小道消息称 在这部电影里
Rumors are that Bette's new role
贝蒂新晋的制片人身份
as a producer on the picture
使得她前所未有的苛刻
have made her even more demanding than ever.
《兰闺》成功之后
And after a string of lackluster follow-ups
她的努力均无收效
to the triumph of Baby Jane,
贝蒂迫切需要这部电影能奏效
Bette really needs this one to work.
贝蒂·戴维斯应该比任何人
Nobody should be praying harder
都更希望琼能迅速康复
for Joan's speedy recovery than Bette Davis.
亲爱的赫达 这么告诉你的读者
Hedda, darling, tell your readers this:
我躺在病床上仍坚持读剧本做批注
I am bedded here with the script, making notes
想到了无数的好点子
and coming up with all sorts of wonderful ideas
来改善电影
for improvements.
作为我康复期的成果
And, as a result of my convalescence,
《夏洛特》定会更为优秀
Charlotte is sure to be a much better picture
只待我康复
once I recover.
早日康复
鲍勃 真是惊喜
Well, Bob, what a lovely surprise.
阿姨 关掉收音机
Mamacita, turn that off.
能让我们单独聊聊吗
C-could you give us a few moments, please?
看到你令我精神振奋
Seeing you is a tonic.
真的已经12天了吗
Has it really been 12 days?
我本该早点来 琼妮 但是
I would have come sooner, Joanie, but...
我一直忙着让拍摄正常进行
I've been busy trying to keep a train on track.
很感动你能挤出空余的时间
Well, I'm touched you could find a spare moment.
除了空余时间 我现在什么都没有了
I have nothing but spare moments.
我已经没有素材可拍了
I've run out of material to shoot.
如果明早我拍不到你
If I don't roll cameras on you tomorrow morning,
制片厂威胁说会让我们停机
the studio's threatening to close us down.
我需要你回来开工 琼妮
I need you to come back to work, Joanie.
鲍勃 你知道我也想这样
Bob, you know that's all I want.
好极了
Great.
贝蒂已经同意不再和你作对
Now, Bette's agreed to behave herself.
那就明早7点片场见
So, tomorrow: 7:00 A.M. on set.
否则这部戏就玩完了
Otherwise the show's off.
还是说你就希望它玩完
Or is that what you want?
也许现在正是时候
Perhaps now would be a good time
来讨论一下我对剧本的想法了
to discuss some of my thoughts about the script.
我认认真真地看过了
I've given it a very close read
我有几项建议
and I have a few suggestions
我认为能让这部戏变得大不相同
that I think could make all the difference.
首先 鲍勃
First of all, Bob,
我们对米丽娅姆的了解太少
we know so little about Miriam.
如果有她年轻时的戏不是会很好吗
Wouldn't it be wonderful to see her in the bloom of her youth?
而且米丽娅姆只有一个求婚者
Is it really believable
这样真的有说服力吗
that Miriam has only one suitor?
她不应该有更多的男友吗
Shouldn't she have more beaus?
还要几个男友
How many more beaus?
两个
Two.
一名政客和一名律师
A politician and an attorney.
还有 说真的
And, really,
她在电影里的出场方式
her entrance into the picture?
全都错了
It's all wrong.
出租车 鲍勃 不行
A taxi cab, Bob? No.
那飞毯怎么样
Well, how about a flying carpet?
鲍勃
Bob.
不 但这可是南方
No, but it is the South.
应该办一个盛大的南方舞会来欢迎她回归
She should be greeted back home with a big Southern ball.
你想象一下那样的制♥作♥水准
I mean, just think of the production value.
你想想经费
Think of the money.
不过当然了 我不是制片人
But, of course, I'm not a producer.
我只是演员
I'm only an actress.
但是这笔钱花得肯定值
But it would be money well spent.
夏洛特离群索居
Charlotte's a recluse.
她不可能在一间破败的大宅里办舞会的
She wouldn't be hosting a ball in a decaying mansion.
我不是说叫她来办
I'm not suggesting she host it.
她当然可以来
She can be there, of course.
在角落里躲着
In a corner, hidden.
在楼梯下看着
Under the stairs, watching.
我们能看到的只有她那双大眼睛
All we see are her big eyes.
知道吗 琼
You know, Joan,
上次我让演员全权做主
the last time I let an actor call all the shots,
结果拍出了部《德州四杰》
I made 4 for Texas.
我不能再拍一部烂片了
I can't afford another bomb.
如果《夏洛特》不成功
If Charlotte doesn't work,
我就要回去拍垃圾电视节目了
I'm back making crap TV.
所以我建议你放下他妈的剧本
So I suggest you put down your fucking script
拿起他妈的合同
and pick up your fucking contract
给我他妈的好好看清楚
and give that a close fucking read.
明早7点整
Tomorrow morning, 7:00 A.M.,
迟一分钟都不行
and not a minute later.
杰克 很高兴见到你
Jake, how great to see you.
谢谢
Thank you.
桑尼 很高兴再见到你
Sonny, nice to see you again.
简直不敢相信
Christ on a crutch.
她以为我们还在拍上一部电影呢
She thinks we're still doing the last picture.
到这就好了 亲爱的
This is good here, dear.
谢谢你
Yes, thank you.
谢谢你们 非常感谢大家
Thank you, thank you all so much.
回到这里对我来说有多重要 我无法言表
I can't tell you what it means to me to be back here.
我这头老黄牛只有回到田里
I guess this old workhorse is only really happy
才能真正开心
when she's out in the field.
欢迎回来 露西尔
Welcome back, Lucille.
我把刺都拔掉了
I removed the thorns.
开拍
And... action.
拜托 米丽娅姆
Come on, Miriam.
别拿老头子来开玩笑
Don't make fun of an old man.
你知道我向来不善于表达自己
You know I never was any good at expressin' myself.
也不尽然 德鲁
Well, that's not so at all, Drew.
你说甜言蜜语总是很快
You were always very quick with your compliments.
倒是你的意图有时有点模糊
It was your intentions that sometimes were a little vague.
以前我们经常从楼梯扶手上滑下来
We used to slide down this banister,
我们三个人
the three of us,
赢的总是我
and I was always the champion.
我们只是让你赢
We just let you win
因为你的年纪最小
'cause you were the youngest.
-够了 -停
- Stop it. - u202dCut.
怎么了
What?
抱歉 太长了
I'm sorry, it's too long.
她是来看夏洛特的
I mean, she's here to see Charlotte,
她就应该赶快去看
she should just get on with it.
不 我和科顿先生还有一页纸的对白呢
No, I have another page of dialogue with Mr. Cotten.
没错 我们应该删除那段
Yes, we should cut that.
你没事吧 琼
u202dYou okay, Joan?
没事 我只是有点头晕 抱歉 我
No, I just felt a little dizzy, I'm sorry. I...
我几乎没怎么吃早餐
I had a rather light breakfast.
我没法呼吸
I can't breathe.
难以置信你居然让她得逞
I can't believe you let her get away with it.
你知道我对那场戏的看法是对的
You know I was right about the scene.
贝蒂 如果把明星逼下了舞台
You know what, Bette? Being right doesn't mean shit
你看法对也没用
if you're driving talent off the stage.
你不是想当制片人吗 那就拿结果说话
You want to be a producer? Well, a producer gets results.
剧集 | 宿敌:贝蒂和琼(2017) | 导航列表