剧集 | 宿敌:贝蒂和琼(2017) | 导航列表
It's not gonna work here, Bob.
不 我... 我不接受拒绝 艾德
No, I-I won't take no for an answer, Ed.
这两个女人都是传奇影星
These two women are legends.
影迷成千上万 遍布全球
They've got millions of fans across the globe
他们乐意出高价
who would pay good money just for the chance
只为看她们二人同台
to see them together on-screen.
同意 我们拒绝的并不是戴维斯和克劳馥
I agree, but it's not Davis and Crawford we don't want,
而是你 鲍勃
It's you, Bob.
他们只是不愿再与你合作了而已
They're just not willing to get into bed with you.
自从拍完《天火焚城录》之后 无意冒犯
Not after Sodom. No offense.
老兄
Bromo.
你愿意上她们吗
Would you fuck 'em?
我不知道
I don't know.
这是个很简单的问题 鲍比
It's a very simple question, Bobby.
你会跟这俩娘们儿之一来一发吗
Would you give either of those broads a toss in the hay?
你愿意上她们吗
Would you fuck 'em?
-会吧 -什么
- Yes. - What?
扯淡
Bullshit.
我的答案是不 鲍比 抱歉
It's a no, Bobby. Sorry.
其他制片厂都拒绝这个项目了 是吗
So every other studio passed on this project, huh?
所以你来我这儿孤注一掷
And you come to me as the last resort?
我觉得这很无礼
I find that disrespectful.
并不是最后一个 杰克 这是无法避免的
No. Not last, Jack... Inevitable.
命中注定这部片子应由我俩完成啊
It's kismet that we make the movie here.
在戴维斯和克劳馥都还有合同的时候
Warner Brothers is the studio where both Davis
她们签的电影公♥司♥就是华纳兄弟
cnd Crawford worked when they were still under contract.
这就像是回家一样
I-it'll be like a homecoming.
我都能预见报纸头条会怎么写了
You know, I can see the headlines.
她们仍然是巨星
They're still big stars.
你说的是过气巨星
Big has-beens, you mean.
好了好了 够了够了
All right, that's good. That's enough, that's good.
那俩刺头
And big pains in my ass.
她们在我麾下工作的时候
Both those women made my life a living hell
简直让我生不如死
when they worked for me,
她们还觉得是我在为她们打工呢
because they thought that I worked for them.
加钱 加钱 加钱
More perks, more perks, more perks.
总在质疑我想让她们拍的片子
And always questioning the material
没完没了地质疑
that I wanted them to do, always.
-算了 杰克 -不 这是事实
- Oh, come on, Jack. - No. It's true.
你知道最糟糕的是什么吗
And you know what the worst part is?
忘恩负义
The ingratitude.
女神形象是我包装出来的 鲍比
I created goddesses, Bobby.
都是我包装出来的
I created goddesses.
我是宙斯 她们只是阿佛洛狄忒I was Zeus and they were a couple of Aphrodites.
*宙斯之女 象征爱与美的女神
但你知道当阿佛洛狄忒的
But you know what happens to Aphrodite
乳♥房♥♥开始下垂
when her tits start to sag
电影开始赔钱的时候 会怎样吗
and her pictures start losing money?
或是维纳斯 原本只应该安静地负责貌美如花
Or Venus, who should just look pretty and keep her mouth shut,
但却突然开始抱怨一切时
and she starts having an opinion about everything--
你知道她的下场如何吗
You know what happens to her?
宙斯拾起一道闪电
Zeus picks up a lightning bolt
朝她头上掷去 把她脑袋劈成两半
and he hurls it right at her head and he splits it open.
这就是她的下场
That's what happens.
送午餐进来
I need a lunch thing.
还有我的衣服
And my clothing.
你的记性可真不好 鲍比
You've got a pretty short goddamn memory, Bobby.
什么意思
What does that mean?
1936年 戴维斯那个贱♥人♥为了解约
That bitch Davis sued me in 1936
把我告上了法庭
to get out of her contract.
她居然真的告我
She literally sued me.
鲍比 我实在是太难过了
Bobby, I was so upset about that,
因此还得了溃疡和痔疮
that I got an ulcer and hemorrhoids from it.
到现在还没好 我真想给你看看
I still have them. I'll show them to you.
你知道还发生了什么吗
And you know what else?
我赢了那场诉讼 我赢了
I won that suit, I won it.
然后她被迫回来继续为我工作...
And she was ordered to come back to work for me...
她只是想要更好的角色 杰克
She just wanted better parts, Jack.
为自己的命运说话
A say in her own destiny.
好吧 好吧
Yeah, okay, fine.
但就因为她的自私自利和刚愎自用
But because of her selfishness and her bullheadedness,
整间电影公♥司♥的合同制度都乱套了
The entire studio contract system came crashing down!
全都是因为她
The whole thing because of her!
她就像是堤坝上的蚁穴[千里之堤毁于蚁穴]
She's the one who put the crack in the levee,
你还想让我和她再次合作
and you want me to work with her again?
你♥他♥妈♥是不是疯了
Are you fucking crazy?!
想都别想 绝不可能
Never! Never again.
绝不可能 臭婊♥子♥
Never. That cunt!
她的失业就是我酝酿已久的复仇
Her unemployment is my long simmering revenge.
你要拍我的电影 杰克
You're gonna make my picture, Jack.
你说什么
I'm s-sorry?
你需要这么做
You need it.
电视剧的崛起让你不少受挫
Television is kicking your ass.
而且你拍的电影都烂透了
And the movies you're making, they're all bombs.
-《血洒情天》 烂片 -片名烂而已
- Crowded sky? Bomb. - Bad title.
《热血病》
Fever in the blood,
你送票都没人要
You couldn't even give tickets away.
知道为什么吗 因为你没有明星
And you know why? You got no stars.
而我有
I got stars.
我还有自己亲手写的电影剧本
I got a great script that I wrote myself,
我信赖的剧本
A script I believe in.
而且我选的题材
And I've got a genre
电视剧还未涉足 杰克 是惊悚片
television isn't doing, Jack-- horror.
不
No.
我们大部分的资金来源于七艺[电影公♥司♥]
We got most of our financing from seven arts.
-是啊 七艺 -我只要你
- Yeah. Seven arts, yeah, yeah. - I just need you
在你的影院上映这部电影
to release the picture in your theaters.
你会成为收益最高的合伙人
You'll be the single largest profit participant.
是啊
Yeah.
我会预付款项
I'll pay you first.
戴维斯小姐
Miss Davis,
你怎么看宝贝简·哈德森这角色
How do you feel about Baby Jane Hudson?
据说她很刻薄
We hear she's pretty mean.
她很恶毒 而且不会斟酌言辞
She's full of venom and doesn't mince words.
我们性格完全不一样
We have nothing in common.
这对我来说倒是极好的 吉米
Which is wonderful for me, Jimmy.
通常情况下坏女人都由我来演 而这次
Usually, I play the bitch, but this time,
我能在旁欣赏贝蒂的演技了
I can sit back and watch Bette do it.
我早说过 她俩聚到一起就是个大新闻
I told you, together they're an event.
真不敢相信我竟然被你说服了
I can't believe I let you talk me into this.
我们来签合同吧 女士们
How about signing some contracts, ladies?
你觉得谁会抢到左边的椅子
Who do you think's gonna grab the chair on the left?
你的意思是
What do you mean?
谁在左边 谁就是
Whoever gets there first gets top billing
明天报纸的头版人物
right underneath the caption in tomorrow's paper.
真客气 谢谢你 露西尔
Why, thank you, Lucille.
拍一张你们两人签合同的照片如何
How about one with the two of you signing your contracts?
天啊 太厉害了
Oh, man, that's great.
再来一张
And one more.
把车开过来 阿姨
Get the car, Mamacita.
琼 你还没签合同
Joan, you didn't sign the contract.
我期待你做得更棒 鲍勃 真的
You know, I expected more from you, Bob, I truly did,
尽管我也不知道为什么
though why I don't know.
从我那无用的父亲开始
Starting with my no-good father,
他与来自加尔维斯敦的脱衣舞♥女♥私奔了
who ran off with a stripper from Galveston,
到路易·B·梅耶to Louis b. Mayer,
*电影《宾虚》的制片人
我的一生都在被男人
I have been lied to and cheated on
欺骗和背叛
by men my entire life.
我竟认为你会有所不同
I don't know why you should be any different.
你在说些什么 琼
What are you talking about, Joan?
她的每周开销要比我
She's getting 600 more dollars a week
多六百美金
剧集 | 宿敌:贝蒂和琼(2017) | 导航列表