剧集 | 宿敌:贝蒂和琼(2017) | 导航列表
with a stack of premium hag scripts.
拜托你告诉我 你选中了一部
Please tell me that you picked one.
不 杰克 我没选
Well, no, Jack, I didn't.
别逗我了 鲍比 真的吗
You're killing me, Bobby. Really?
我知道你觉得我
look, I know you think I'm like a dog
在这件事情上太固执了
with a bone with this thing,
但我先告诉你一件事 好吗
But let me explain something to you, all right?
高德温不行了 梅耶死了
Goldwyn is finished, Mayer is dead,
塞尔兹尼克也病怏怏地要挂了
And Selznick is just one pastrami sandwich away from a coronary.
只有杰克·L·华纳
But Jack L. Warner
仍然经营着华纳兄弟
still runs Warner Brothers.
顺便问一句 你在这个房♥间里
And incidentally, how many brothers
看到了几个兄弟呢
Do you see standing in this room?
只有你一个 杰克
You're the only one, Jack.
没错 就剩下我一个老古董了
That's right. I'm the last goddamn dinosaur.
而我也已经一只脚进棺材了
And I am up to my tits in tar.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
终结
The end.
我说的是终结 鲍比
Talking about the end, Bobby.
得了吧 杰克
Oh, come on, Jack.
《窈窕淑女》是过去五年里最成功的电影
My Fair Lady's the biggest hit in the last five years.
是啊 但如果我六个月内
Yeah. And what happens in six months
再拿不出任何与之媲美的作品 那怎么办
when I don't have anything to follow that up?
我承认 鲍比
I'll admit it, Bobby.
我很害怕
I'm scared.
我一直是创造历史的那个人
I used to make the culture.
而如今我要淹没在历史中了
And today I'm lost in it.
我已经到了人生的黄昏 鲍比
I am in the twilight of my days, Bobby.
我知道
I know that.
但是我...
But I would...
我只是想让夕阳再迟一点西沉而已
just like to keep the sun from going down a little bit longer.
当然
Sure.
我需要一个奇迹
I need a miracle.
我需要再来一部《兰闺惊变》
I need another goddamn Baby Jane.
这部电影名字叫《夏洛特表姐到底怎么了》
And it's called What Ever Happened To Cousin Charlotte?
这个名字不错 我喜欢这个名字
That's a great title. I love this title.
因为这可以让人们联想到
Because it'll remind people
《宝贝简到底怎么了》
Of What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?
对不对
Right?
很好 跟我讲讲
All right. Go ahead, hit me.
-好的 -你是怎么想的
- Okay, so, - What do you got?
这部电影讲的是一个年老的南方美人
it's about an aging southern belle
她一个人孤独地住在
who's living all alone in one of those
-可怕的路易斯安那庄园大宅里 -不错
- scary Louisiana plantation mansions. - Good.
然后住在城里的时髦表妹来拜访她
And she's got a city slicker cousin who comes to visit.
把她逼疯 装神弄鬼误导她
Drives her crazy, gaslights her.
所以就有了分尸 有一个斧子杀人狂
So you got dismemberment-- there's a hatchet murder.
非常好
Fantastic.
所以我想让贝蒂·戴维斯演表姐夏洛特
So I was thinking. For cousin Charlotte, Bette Davis.
然后那个城里的时髦表妹
And for the city slicker cousin,
由安·谢丽丹来演
Ann Sheridan.
不不
No, no.
必须要克劳馥来演
It's got to be Crawford.
克劳馥加戴维斯等于成功
Crawford and Davis together, that's the winning formula.
我只有这一个条件 杰克
This is my one condition, Jack.
我再也不要和她们一起工作了 再也不要
I am not working with them again together, never again.
你不能和她们共事 什么...
You can't work with them? Wha...
她们憎恨对方
They hate each other.
再说了 她们也绝不会同意的
Besides, they'd never agree to it.
鲍比 如果你觉得我俩已经到了黄昏
Bobby, if you think it's twilight for us,
那这已经是她们的午夜了
it is midnight for them.
她们必须来拍你的《夏洛特》
They are gonna do your Charlotte picture.
而且你知道吗 她们要减薪
And you know what? They're gonna do it for less.
还有 你也一样
And you know what else? So are you.
好了 我要你想办法让那两个泼妇
All right, I want you to get those two harpies' signatures
在合同上签字
on the dotted line.
明白了吗
You got it?
明白 杰克
Got it, Jack.
谢谢
Thanks.
现在你可以走了
Now get out of here.
琼妮
Joanie.
贝蒂
Bette.
另一部恐怖片 鲍勃
Another horror picture, Bob?
我并不这样定义它
I wouldn't classify it like that.
不是你说的
Weren't you the one that said
我们不应该重复自己吗
we shouldn't be repeating ourselves?
这次完全不同
This is completely different.
这次你要杀了那个清洁女工
This time, you get to kill the cleaning lady.
夏洛特和简完全不一样
Now, Charlotte's nothing at all like Jane.
夏洛特是个受害者 但她也是个斗士
Charlotte's a victim. But she's also a fighter.
跟我讲讲米丽娅姆
Tell me about Miriam.
米丽娅姆 优雅 有心计
Miriam. Elegant, calculating.
但是带着一丝温暖
But with a certain warmth.
这个角色需要实力派的演员来演
It needs an actress of real skill.
你想让谁来演米丽娅姆呢
And who do you see as Miriam?
当然是琼了
Uh, Joan, of course.
我猜你想让贝蒂
And I suppose you want Bette
来演表姐夏洛特
to play cousin Charlotte.
不然还有谁呢
Who else?
她同意了吗
And she's agreed?
她怎么可能不同意
How could she say no?
你疯了吗
Are you out of your mind?
即使克劳馥身上着火了
I wouldn't piss on Crawford
我都不会朝她身上尿尿
if she were on fire.
我想她私下里还在为失去奥斯卡的事埋怨我
I think she secretly blames me for her Oscar loss.
我不相信那是真的
I don't think that's true.
她四处游说 跟我作对
She actively lobbied against me,
还想尽办法替班克罗夫特领奖
and then she wormed her way into accepting Bancroft's award,
而人家班克罗夫特根本不在乎这个奖
which I understand Bancroft hasn't even laid eyes on.
我知道她满心期待
I know she expected all sorts of offers
在受到提名之后能收到各种邀约
after her nomination,
但最后屁都没有 不是吗
but they never really materialized, did they?
你没看到那些报道里说的吗
And have you gotten a load of the interviews
她最近演了部大烂片
that she's been giving lately for that stinker,
拿斧子的女人 叫什么来着
lady with the axe, or whatever the hell it's called?
场面太壮观了
So goddamn grand,
你看了都想吐
you want to vomit.
现在她开始拍电视剧了吗
And now she's doing television?
说实话
I mean, really,
人们在客厅吃晚餐看电视会想看到她的脸吗
is that a face America wants in its living room at dinnertime?
我可不这么认为
I don't think so.
她不愿意宣传我们的电影
She wouldn't promote our picture.
但她却毫不介意以她粗俗的表演艺术
But she has no problem taking her cow town carny act
跟比尔一起巡回宣传 比尔
on the road with Bill, Bill...
卡塞尔
Castle.
没错 我搞不懂的是
Yes. What I don't understand is why
你为何还想再次同她合作
you would want to work with her again.
说实话 贝蒂 和你们中的任何一个合作
Well, let's be honest, Bette, working with either of you
对我而言都不是易事
wasn't exactly a picnic for me.
但我们三个确实共同完成了很棒的作品
But we did some good work together, the three of us.
是吗
Did we?
我可不确定
I'm not so sure.
你是什么意思
What do you mean?
现在大家都把我看作一个笑话
I'm seen as a joke now.
一个白面丧尸
A white-faced ghoul.
我被她的风头压过
I let myself be overshadowed,
冷落一旁
Pushed aside.
一部怪诞讽刺漫画里的小丑
A grotesque caricature.
我将会以这种方式被人们记住
That's the way I'm going to be remembered.
看在上帝的份上 我超越了嘉宝啊
I outlasted Garbo, for christ's sakes.
现在我却要以邋遢的老女人这形象示人
剧集 | 宿敌:贝蒂和琼(2017) | 导航列表