剧集 | 宿敌:贝蒂和琼(2017) | 导航列表
你心中有什么人选
Who do you have in mind?
贝蒂·戴维斯出演田纳西·威廉斯新戏《巫山风雨夜》
我都不知道帕特罗娜成寡妇了
I didn't know the Patrona had turned to a widow,
某种白寡妇蜘蛛
a sort of bright widow spider.
有人要喝鸡尾酒吗
Cocktails, anybody?
不用了 谢谢你 福克太太
No, thank you, Mrs.Faulk.
我们不喝酒
I don't believe we'll have any.
在鱼和主菜中间
They don't serve cocktails
是不会上酒的 玛辛 亲爱的
between the fish and the entree, Maxine, honey.
你说的太对了 香农先生
Mercilessly accurate, Mr. Shannon.
可当我找你要酒的时候
But when I asked you for one,
你可是相当乐意地就给了我呢
you offered it to me without a sign of reluctance.
你这不是在小题大做吗
Aren't you making a large point out of a small matter?
恰恰相反 亲爱的
Just the opposite, honey.
我这是在大题小做
I'm making a small point out of a very large matter.
你是在哪里学会迎着风划火柴的
Where'd you learn how to light a match in the wind?
这一路我学会了许多有用的小技巧
Oh, I've learned lots of useful little things along the way.
真希望能学到些有大用的呢
I only wish I'd learned some big ones.
比如说
Such as what?
比如说怎么帮你 香农先生
How to help you, Mr. Shannon.
现在我知道我为什么来这里了
Now I know why I've come here.
好让你遇到一个懂得
So you can meet someone who knows
怎么迎着风划火柴的人吗
how to light a match in the wind?
怎么了
What?!
有一位女士过来见你
There's a lady here to see you.
是谁
Who is it?
琼·克劳馥
Joan Crawford.
你♥他♥妈♥是在开玩笑吧
You're fucking kidding me.
贝蒂
Bette.
露西尔 是什么风把你吹到剧院来了
Lucille, what the hell brings you to the theater?
当然是因为你
Well, you, of course.
今晚你演得真好
Oh, you were wonderful tonight.
点亮了整个舞台
You lit up the stage.
真不敢相信评论家居然不怎么买♥♥账
I can't believe you didn't get better reviews.
纽约评论家可不喜欢我们好莱坞的人
New York critics, they don't like us Hollywood people
大摇大摆抢了他们的地盘
coming in, taking over their town.
去他们的吧
I say screw 'em.
有话直说 露西尔 有辆车正等着
Make it quick, Lucille, I've got a car waiting
载我回城郊
to take me to the country.
你猜怎么着 贝蒂
Guess what, Bette.
我终于找到我俩量身打造的完美电影了
I have finally found the perfect project for the two of us.
我一直都梦想着能与你合作
It's always been my dream to work with you.
你还记得我当初是怎么求杰克·华纳
Do you remember how I begged Jack Warner
让他安排我们合演《三角地带》的吗
to put us together in Ethan Frome?
还有加里·库珀
With Mr. Gary Cooper.
你还记得嘛
You do remember.
你想要演那个年轻貌美的女仆
You wanted to play the pretty young servant girl,
让我去演那个又老又丑的妻子
and I was to play the old hag of a wife.
做梦
Forget it.
但这次可不一样
But this is different.
这可都是一生难求的好角色
These are the parts of a lifetime.
不劳你费心 露西尔
No, thanks, Lucille.
我这里多得是更好的邀约
I've got plenty of better offers.
放屁
Bullshit.
我知道你接的都是什么邀约
I know what kind of offers you've been getting.
分明屁都没一个 因为我也是这样
Exactly none, because the same is true for me.
他们不想再拍女人戏了
They're not making women's pictures anymore.
反正不是我们以前拍的那种
Not the kind we used to make.
风水轮流转 好的题材会再次流行
It's all cyclical. They'll come back in fashion.
但我们不会
But we won't.
想要有所成就
If something's going to happen,
我们就要自己抓住机会
we have to make it happen.
没人愿意用我们这年纪的女演员
No one's looking to cast women our age.
但只要我们合作
But together,
他们就无法说不
they wouldn't dare say no.
我们需要彼此 贝蒂
We need each other, Bette.
《兰闺惊变》
所以宝贝简到底怎么了
So what the hell happened to her anyway, Baby Jane?
自己看
Read it. Find out.
给你演的可是剧名角色
I-I'm offering you the title role.
主角
The lead?
可以这么说吧
You can call it that.
谢谢你
Thank you.
BD
B.D.
妈 我去克莱尔家过周末了
BD
《兰闺惊变》
悬疑佳作
你上过琼·克劳馥吗
Did you fuck Joan Crawford?
不 我没上过她
No, I did not fuck her.
倒不是说劳资没机会
Not that I didn't have ample opportunity.
我们都知道琼和她的导演们
We all know what special relationship
关系不一般
Joan has with her directors.
得了吧 贝蒂
Oh, come on, Bette.
威廉·惠勒吗
William Wyler?
我看到某个人乖乖地
Oh, I see someone has been a good little boy
去查了查呢
and done all his homework.
贝蒂 听我说 情况是这样
Bette, listen, here's the deal.
把克劳馥的名字写在门口可以提高票房♥
Crawford's name on the marquee gets us distribution.
我需要她让这部电影顺利完成
I need her to get the picture made,
但我需要你让这部电影名垂影史
but I need you to make the picture great.
继续说
Keep talking.
贝蒂 听着 我已经拍了不少狗屎烂片
Bette, listen, I've made my share of steaming piles of shit,
但我偶尔也能
but every now and again I get a chance
与你这样的艺术家共事
to work with an artist like you.
你是会无畏跳下峭壁的人
Someone who isn't afraid to leap off a cliff.
而绝大多数人 连边缘都不敢涉足
Most people are terrified to go anywhere near the edge.
我想想就兴奋
Now, that gets me excited.
我又变年轻了 一切皆有可能
I-I'm a kid again. Everything's possible.
贝蒂 我向你保证 这将成为
Bette, I promise you this is gonna be
有史以来最棒的惊恐片
the greatest horror movie ever made.
而宝贝简会成为你继玛歌♥·钱宁后
And Baby Jane's the greatest part you'll play
*电影《彗星美人》中的女主角
最成功的角色
since Margo Channing.
好 回答我的问题
All right, answer this question,
别撒谎
And don't lie--
为什么非得拍这部
Why this picture?
说实话吗
Honestly?
我没有别的选择
I'm not being offered anything else.
你太大牌了 百老汇容不下你 贝蒂
You're too big for Broadway, Bette.
回好莱坞吧 你属于这里
Come back to Hollywood, where you belong.
再联♥系♥吧 鲍勃
I'll get back to you, Bob.
这是个好剧本 鲍勃 真的好
It's a socko script, Bob, just socko.
我们做了预算 确实非常可行
We ran the numbers and it looks doable, very doable.
太好了
Fantastic.
只是我们觉得克劳馥和戴维斯
We feel like Crawford and Davis
可能年纪稍微大了一点
may be a little long in the tooth.
何不找稍微年轻点儿的呢
Why don't we go just a little bit younger?
赫本来演布兰琪这个角色怎么样
How about Hepburn in the Blanche role?
凯瑟琳·赫本和戴维斯年纪相当
Well, Katherine Hepburn's the same age as Davis.
我觉得赫本还要大一岁
I think she's a year older.
奥黛丽·赫本和多丽丝·戴来演宝贝简
Audrey Hepburn and Doris Day as Baby Jane.
开玩笑吗 我们就想看戴维斯和克劳馥演这个
Are you kidding? We love Davis and Crawford for this.
太好了
Oh, that's terrific.
那个性感邻家女孩儿的角色
Now, the character of the sexy neighbor girl,
你考虑过吗
have you thought about that?
还没有 那只是个小角色
Not really. It-it's a small part.
咱们可以做个改动
Yeah. Let's beef that up.
事实上 我们想从她的视角来讲故事
In fact, we want to tell the story from her point of view.
就像希区柯克的《后窗》那样
You know, like Hitchcock did with Rear Window.
这并不是一个关于性感邻家女孩的故事
It's not really a story about a sexy neighbor girl.
我们就想拍成那样
We want to make it about her.
我们一直在为娜塔利·伍德找角色
We've been looking for something for Natalie Wood.
这行不通的 鲍勃
剧集 | 宿敌:贝蒂和琼(2017) | 导航列表