剧集 | 宿敌:贝蒂和琼(2017) | 导航列表
录音期间
不得说话
从未有她们那样的竞争
There was never a rivalry like theirs.
近半个世纪来 她们彼此厌恶
For nearly half a century, they hated each other,
琼·克劳馥
贝蒂·戴维斯
我们因此喜欢她们
And we loved them for it.
琼本名是露西尔·勒瑟
You know, Joan's real name was Lucille Lesueur.
那小可怜生于困窘
The poor thing, she was raised in utter squalor.
毫不夸张
I mean literally.
1978年
加州 洛杉矶 钱德勒剧院
来好莱坞之前她是刷厕所的
Scrubbed toilets before coming to Hollywood.
大萧条最严重时
At the peak of the depression--
奥利维娅·德哈维兰
两次荣获奥斯卡奖
我出道了
that's when I first started out--
而她是所有男人的梦中情人
She was the woman every man wanted
也是所有女人的偶像
and every woman wanted to be.
很多人认为她
Many think of her
是影史第一的明星
as the greatest star of all time.
《惊惧骤起》(1952年)
我的好朋友贝蒂
Now, my dear friend Bette...
她 老实说
Well, she, quite frankly,
是好莱坞有史以来最优秀的演员
was the greatest actress Hollywood had ever known.
《彗星美人》(1950年)
战时
During the war,
她饰演了所有最棒的角色 而且她
she played all the best roles, and she played them with a...
我不知道该怎么说
I-I don't know how to say this,
带有一种大胆的激♥情♥ 我们所有人
but with a ballsy intensity that none of us,
无论男演员还是女演员 都不敢那么做
actor or actress, would have dared.
她们只合作过一部影片
You know, they only made one film together.
那电影是如何成就的
And how that happened
以及那之后的事
and what happened afterwards, well...
那是一个宿怨的故事
Well, that was a story and a feud
堪称史诗般
of biblical proportions.
她们为什么敌对
What was behind their feud?
她们为什么那么恨对方
Why did they hate each other so much?
宿怨跟恨无关
Feuds are never about hate.
宿怨是源于痛苦
Feuds are about pain.
是源于痛苦
They're about pain.
有请 今晚的获胜者
Please welcome to the stage, tonight's winner,
玛丽莲·梦露小姐
Miss Marilyn Monroe!
1961年
我的胸也很好看
I've got great tits, too,
但我可不到处冲人炫耀
but I don't throw them in everyone's face.
行了 亲爱的
All right, darling.
天呐
Gee.
天啊 我真是完全没想到
Gosh, I just sure didn't expect this.
我一直说 如果我是明星
You know, I always said that, if I was the star,
那也是拜人们所赐
it was because the people made me a star, and...
我还小的时候
You know, when I was a girl,
我会望向好莱坞的天空 想
I used to look out into the Hollywood sky and think,
"天呐 我真想做个电影明星"
"Gosh, I just want to be a movie star," you know?
现在我是你们中的一员了
And now I'm part of you.
非常感谢
So, thank you so much.
天呐 我该感谢一些人 是吧
Gosh, I should try to thank some people, huh?
我实在太不会记名字了
I'm just so bad at remembering names.
赫达·霍珀找琼
Hedda Hopper for Joan.
克劳馥小姐正忙呢
Miss Crawford is occupied.
她有足够时间休息了
She's had enough time to sleep it off.
告诉她我来了
Announce me.
能想办法消消皱纹吗
Is there anything we can do about these lines?
我担心我会被当做感恩节晚餐
I'm afraid I'm gonna be served for Thanksgiving dinner.
最好的办法 穿高领
The best you can do for this? High collars.
高领毛衣 遮上火鸡脖
Turtle neck for turkey neck.
老天 诺娜 就不能给我留一丝希望吗
Christ, Nonah, can't you give me some hope?
你明白的
You know how it is.
男人老了 更有味道
Men age, they get character.
女人老了 会被打发
Women age, they get lost.
干什么
What?
对不起 琼小姐
I'm sorry, Miss Joan.
赫达·霍珀在楼下
Hedda Hopper's downstairs.
天呐
Oh, jesus.
赫达
Hedda.
你知道我从不接待不预约的客人
You know I never receive unscheduled guests,
哪怕是我的孩子
not even my children.
但你还是来了
But here you are.
你昨晚从金球奖上跑出去了
Well, you ran out of the Globes last night
我还没来得及采访
before I could get a quote.
是吗
Did I?
阿姨 上咖啡
Mamacita? Coffee.
真是一场盛会
Well, it was a marvelous event.
我非常感激外国记者协会
I do so appreciate the Foreign Press.
他们对我太好了
They've been so very kind to me.
我不是来听标准答案的 琼
I didn't come here for the boilerplate, Joan.
据我所知 你是跌跌撞撞发着酒疯离开的
From what I hear, you stumbled out of there in a drunken fit.
-我要再回去 -亲爱的
- I'm gonna go back inside. - Baby...
你也知道颁奖礼有时闹得多疯
Well, you know how those award dinners can be.
够了
Stop it!
我肯定是吃了什么不消化的东西
I must've eaten something that disagreed with me.
乌鸦吗
Crow?
肯定很恼人吧
Had to have been pretty galling,
看着外国记者协会为梦露那么神魂颠倒
watching the Foreign Press fawn all over Monroe like that.
赫达 你知道我参加那样的公共活动时
Hedda, you know, when I'm out in public events like that,
都只喝百事可乐
I only drink Pepsi-Cola.
我是形象代言人
I am the brand ambassador.
我不知道你为什么还继续喝那烂糖水
I don't know why you keep plugging that shitty sugar water.
据说 艾尔死后
Word is, since Al died,
董事会都不付你钱了
the board isn't paying your bills anymore,
你还不得不一件件地
and you're having to sell your custom
卖♥♥掉你的订制比利·海恩斯家具
Billy Haines furniture piece by piece
好负担家用
just to keep the lights on.
劝你别那么写
You wouldn't print those lies.
总得写点什么
Got to print something.
好吧
All right.
那写这个
Then print this.
琼·克劳馥 结束了
Joan Crawford, after mourning
对挚爱的丈夫
the passing of her husband,
阿尔弗雷德·斯蒂尔的哀悼后
the beloved Alfred Steele,
愿意回归大银幕了
is ready to get back to work.
得了 琼
Oh, come on, Joan.
给我句话吧
Give me a quote.
你知道我的读者都会很想知道
You know my readers would be fascinated
过气的大明星是怎么看待
with hearing the thoughts of yesterday's it girl
当红的大明星
about today's.
一山不容两个大明星
There can only be room for one it girl.
是这意思吗
Is that right?
神坛是男人们建的 亲爱的 不是我
Well, men built the pedestal, darling, not me.
一山容不下两位女神
There's only room for one goddess at a time.
也许神坛是男人们建的
Well, men may have built the pedestal,
但是女人们一直在拆台
but it's the women who keep chipping away at it
直到神坛分崩离析
until it comes tumbling down.
所以到底要怎么写 亲爱的
So what's it gonna be, honey?
你评价评价梦露
A quote on Monroe,
或者我不得不写代客泊车员是如何
or am I gonna have to write about how a valet
发现你东倒西歪地钻进一辆卡迪拉克的
saw you stumble into a Cadillac?
好吧
All right.
很好
Good.
我觉得玛丽莲·梦露还有她那粗俗的
I think that Marilyn Monroe and the vulgarity
衣品和电影
of her clothing and pictures
正在毁了这个我热爱的伟大产业
is ruining this great industry that I love.
人们不想看见梦露这种明星拍电影
People don't want to see stars like Monroe in pictures.
他们想看的明星应该品行良好 举止得体
They want their stars to be wholesome, with good morals.
比如我
Like me.
那可不是你和她之间的唯一差别
剧集 | 宿敌:贝蒂和琼(2017) | 导航列表