剧集 | 宿敌:贝蒂和琼(2017) | 导航列表
This pile is for charity.
但是剩下的那些
But all of that,
请你挂回衣橱里
I want you to hang back up in the closet, please.
在做早春打扫吗
A little early spring cleaning?
谢谢你来见我
Thank you for coming to see me.
感谢您的邀请
Thank you for asking.
顺便恭喜您的《兰闺惊变》大获成功
And congratulations, by the way, on Baby Jane.
评论再好不过了
You couldn't pay for better reviews.
我认为电影成功与否发言权在影迷
I let the fans tell me when a picture is successful,
而非评论家
not the critics.
波琳 谢谢你给我送来的剧本
Pauline, I want to thank you for passing this along to me.
礼貌起见我没有读
I did you the courtesy of not reading it.
对于不打算做的事
I see no reason to venture an opinion
我没有理由去妄议
on something I have no intention of doing.
我希望您能重新考虑一下
Well, I wish you would reconsider.
我知道一位女性做导演
I know that it's unorthodox,
有点标新立异 但也并非史无前例
the idea of a woman director, but it's not unprecedented.
想想那些统治默片时代的女性们
Think of the women who ruled the silent era.
她们现在都去哪了呢
Where are they now?
你觉得是什么
What do you guess
阻挡了女导演兴起的新浪潮呢
prevented the next great wave of women directors?
我不知道
I don't know.
我知道 我亲身经历过
Well, I do. I was there.
资本
Money.
资本加入了进来
Money came along.
默片的成本低 风险也低
Silents were low-cost, low-risk.
制♥作♥人也许对不太在意
A producer might shrug at the idea
一个天真的女编辑
of an ingénue or girl editor
站到摄像机后面执导
taking a turn behind the camera,
但是在制片厂当权以后
but when the studios came to power,
他们就把女人们打发去干女人的活
they moved women to the feminine work.
服装 剪辑
Costumes, continuity.
做导演需要好体力
Directors needed stamina,
领导才能 担得起财务责任
leadership, fiscal responsibility,
所以扩音器被交到了男人手上
so men were given the bullhorn.
但我不觉得这对女人是坏事
And I can't say that we are any worse off for it.
克劳馥小姐
M-Miss Crawford.
我只是需要迈出自己的第一步
I just need my first bite.
男人们可以基于潜能被录用
Men, they will hire based on potential,
而我们女人 需要经验
but women, we need experience.
我不是因为你是女人而拒绝你
I'm not turning you down because you're a woman.
我拒绝你 是因为你是个无名之辈
I'm turning you down because you're a nobody.
在我职业生涯的最后阶段
And at this late stage of my career,
我不能如此奢侈
I don't have the luxury
把自己交给一个无名之辈
of putting myself in the hands of a nobody.
我不剩多少机会了
I have very few chances left.
我的最后一搏可不能是你的牛刀初试
And my last chance is not going to be your first.
希望你能够理解
I hope you understand that.
很抱歉我占用了你的时间
I'm sorry I took up your time.
波琳
Pauline.
你应该感到自己很幸运
You should consider yourself lucky.
你能够同好莱坞最好的导演合作
You get to work with the best Hollywood has to offer.
如果你被人发现太贪心
I mean, if you're seen grabbing for too much,
你会显得忘恩负义
you may appear ungrateful.
谢谢您的建议
I appreciate that advice.
这部电影在当年轰动一时
It was a sensation.
1978年
多萝西·钱德勒剧院
加州 洛杉矶
你得理解 女人戏在那时
You have to understand that women's movies
已经过时多年了
had been out of vogue for quite some time.
我记得那年最赚钱的电影是
I think the biggest moneymaker that year
《阿♥拉♥伯的劳伦斯》
was Lawrence of Arabia.
那部电影里甚至连头母骆驼都没有
I don't think there was even a girl camel in that one.
所以当我们那个年代的两位女影星
So with two women stars of our era
突然间出演了一部
to suddenly have the most successful picture
最受年轻人欢迎的院线电影时
in the theaters among young people, well,
我们认为这标志着一场巨变
we thought it signaled a sea change.
本以为我们都能再次开始工作
We had thought we'd all start working again.
会拍数不清的女人戏呢
That there'd be a flood of women's pictures.
但事实并非如此
It didn't turn out that way.
当然不是
Sure as hell didn't.
电影公♥司♥认为这只是机缘巧合
The studios thought it was a fluke.
他们总认为这是机缘巧合
They always think it's a fluke
当一部女性主演的电影
when a picture carried by the girls
获得票房♥成功的时候
succeeds at the box office.
他们总是如此
And they so often do.
《兰闺惊变》火了
Baby Jane was hot.
琼认为自己被冷落了
Joan felt left out in the cold.
她就像欧里庇得斯之后所有的演员一样
She did what actors have done since Euripides--
她开始酗酒
she started hitting the bottle.
你这是公开宣布说
So you're saying, on the record,
琼·克劳馥是个酒鬼吗
that Joan Crawford was an alcoholic?
亲爱的 我可没这么说
I'm not saying it, honey.
琼她自己说的
Joan herself said it.
她说 "酗酒与寂寞
Quote, "The twin curses of being a star
是成为明星的双重诅咒"
are alcoholism and loneliness."
结束
End quote.
你能给我解释这句话的含义吗
Can you explain that sentiment to me?
身为明星 你所体验过的人生巅峰
Well, the highs you experience being a star,
是不可比拟的
they're incredible.
当你风头正劲之时 可以坠入爱河
When you're in a role, you get to fall in love.
可以魅力四射
You get to be glamorous.
可以告诉人们你内心深处的感受
You can tell people how you feel deep down inside.
这样的高度会持续一段时间
It's a constant high.
然后当你失去工作 失去成功
And then, when you don't have a job, a success,
或是其他人登上了高点
or someone else is riding high,
周遭就变得无比安静
it gets very, very quiet.
你能听到质疑的声音
You can hear the voices of doubt.
而举起酒瓶 派对忽然间就又开始了
Pick up a bottle, and suddenly the party starts all over again.
痛苦也消失了
Pain goes away.
去叫她
Get her.
看看是谁来了
Well, look who's here.
如果不是杰克·华...
If it isn't Jack Warn...
这是什么情况
What is this shit
你不想去为电影宣传造势
about you not wanting to promote the picture?
天呐 琼
Jesus Christ, Joan.
我已经替你们俩宣布参加
I already have a cross-country tour announced
一个全国巡回宣传
for the two of you.
我才不要和那女人一起旅行
I'm not traveling with that woman.
而且我为什么要宣传你的电影
Besides, why should I promote your picture
你都不肯回报我
when you won't return the favor?
我知道你一直在为戴维斯
I know you have been out there
积极争取最佳女演员奖
actively campaigning for Davis for Best Actress.
没错 我同时也在为你争取
Yeah, I have. And I've been doing the same for you.
你不能再任性闹别扭了
u202dYou got to get over this.u202c
这是你近年来最高的成就之一
This is one of the biggest successes you've had in years.
但你却拒绝出门
And instead of going out there
去宣传它 让它变得更成功
and promoting it and making it bigger,
你到底在做什么
what are you doing?
你坐在这儿 任自己烂醉如泥
You're sitting around here getting pickled.
我才没有喝醉
I'm not pickled.
像一条腌鲱鱼
Like a herring.
这才早上11点
It’s 11 o'clock in the morning.
听着 杰克
Look, Jack...
我需要你的支持
I need your support.
拜托
I mean, come on.
如果她被提名了我却没有...
I mean, if she gets nominated and I don't...
我都不知道该如何是好了
I don't know what I'm gonna do about it.
我需要你对我也同样尽力...
I mean, I need you to push just as hard for me...
-就像你对她那样 -拜托
- as you are for her. - Come on.
-甚至更给力 -拜托 别说了
- Even harder. - Come on. Stop it.
剧集 | 宿敌:贝蒂和琼(2017) | 导航列表