剧集 | 宿敌:贝蒂和琼(2017) | 导航列表
For men, for roles, for magazine covers.
我都不知道为了什么
And I don't know why.
我曾经比她红
I was the bigger star.
我电影中的男主角更帅气
My leading men were more attractive.
我的电影更赚钱
My pictures made more money.
但我还是总觉得低她一等
And yet I was always made to feel inferior.
我辛苦打拼多年才成为好莱坞的代表人物
After years of working so hard to be an ambassador for Hollywood,
才成为这个社区的一份子
to be part of this community,
她却在康涅狄格州发霉的家中
while she gives the industry the finger
对这个行业竖中指
from her moldy home in Connecticut.
然而 当机会终于来临
And yet, when presented with the opportunity,
他们却提名了她...
they nominate her...
而不是我
instead of me.
这真是太他妈丢人了
It's so fucking humiliating.
我觉得你喝了太多冰茶了
I think you've had enough of that iced tea.
不 我是说真的 赫达
No, I mean it, Hedda.
他们宣布获奖提名时
Something inside me broke
我的心碎了
when they announced those nominations.
不是因为我一直都指望自己得奖
Not because I was counting on it
或是因为我希望这能再给我
or because I hoped that it would ensure
几年宝贵的工作时间
a few more precious years of work.
远远不止于此
It was beyond that.
我仅剩的自信都消失殆尽了
Whatever self-confidence I had left was gone.
她把我的自信都吸干了
She leeched it out of me!
天啊 我不敢相信自己说了会去颁奖
Oh, God, I can't believe I said I would present at those awards.
我不知道自己在想什么
I don't know what I was thinking.
我没法出席那些颁奖晚会
I can't go to that awards show.
我没法再公开露面
I can't show my face anymore.
琼 你要去这些颁奖礼
Joan, you are going to those awards.
我们可以把你的自信找回来
We can get you your self-confidence back.
我觉得没可能了
I don't see how.
我来教你
I'll tell you how.
她是被提名了没错
She may have been the one who was nominated,
但上帝作证
but as God as my witness,
那个女人绝对带不走
that woman is not going to walk off that stage
奥斯卡最佳女演员的奖杯
with the Oscar for Best Actress,
因为你才是
because you are.
天 你就别起来得了
Well, gee, don't get up or anything.
你好
Hello.
杰里吗
Gerry?
你是杰拉♥丹♥·佩姬小姐吗
Is this Miss Geraldine Page?
是的 里普 小点声
It is. Rip, turn that down.
我听不清了
I can't hear.
我是琼·克劳馥 亲爱的 从加州好莱坞打来
This is Joan Crawford, dear, calling from Hollywood, California.
居然是琼·克劳馥
It's Joan fucking Crawford.
-琼·克劳馥 -杰里
- Joan Crawford? - Gerry?
克劳馥小姐 有什么能帮您的吗
Miss Crawford, how may I help you?
首先 我只是想说我并不生气
I just want to say right up front that I was not upset.
生气
Upset?
您为什么会生气
Why would you be upset?
因为你在《春浓满楼情痴狂》里的表演
With the performance you were nominated for
获得了提名
in Sweet Bird of Youth.
过气的电影女星四处漂泊游荡
The faded movie queen swanning about.
我想我们都知道原型是谁 亲爱的
I think we all know who that was based on, dear.
不 克劳馥小姐
No, Miss Crawford.
这个角色是威廉姆斯先生虚构的
Mr. Williams created that role.
我只是...
I was just...
不 我感到荣幸 杰里
No, I was flattered, Gerry.
真心的
Really I was.
你离完美只差一步之遥
You got it so close to perfect.
尽管我绝不会和40岁以下的男人约会
Although I would never date a man under 40.
他们没有足够的钱来取悦我
Not enough money to keep this lady happy.
她想干什么
What does she want?
您有什么需要吗 克劳馥小姐
Was there something you needed, Miss Crawford?
没有 我只是想恭喜你 杰里
No, I just wanted to say congratulations, Gerry.
今年精彩的表演层出不穷
I mean, with so many wonderful performances this year
但只有五个提名
and only five nominations,
很高兴你得到了大家的赏识
I was so glad to see you get recognized.
谢谢
Thank you.
你敢相信只剩两个星期了吗
Can you believe it's only two weeks away,
我还没有开始停吃土豆呢
and I haven't even cut out potatoes yet.
土豆
Potatoes?
这些电视摄像机可要比
Those television cameras are many times more punishing
电影镜头残酷的多
than the motion picture cameras.
谁为你做礼服
Who's doing your gown?
我的礼服
My gown?
我还没想到礼服的事呢
I hadn't really thought about my gown.
当然 你在纽约有很多不错的选择
Well, of course, you have many fine options out there in New York.
但你要想在颁奖礼当天出彩
But you want to be fitted here the day of.
我可以推荐伊迪丝·赫德吗
May I suggest Edith Head?
真的 没人比她厉害了 亲爱的
Really, there is no one better, dear.
我可以帮你问问她 只要你愿意
I could speak to her for you, and then, if you like,
我还可以亲自帮你挑选首饰
I could personally help you select your jewels.
您真的是太慷慨了 克劳馥小姐 真的
That is awfully generous of you, Miss Crawford, really,
但我想搞得简单一点
but I think I'm gonna try and keep it simple.
别忘了 杰里
Don't forget, Gerry.
你代表的是好莱坞
You're representing Hollywood.
节目会在全世界转播的
I mean, this broadcast will be seen all over the world.
人们需要我们的光彩夺人
People depend on us to brighten their ordinary lives
来点亮他们的平凡生活呢
with a little glamour.
如果他们的生活要指望我的魅力
Well, if their lives depend on my glamour,
恐怕我有坏消息要告诉他们了
I've got some bad news for them.
真的太有压力了 不是吗 亲爱的
Well... it really is too stressful, isn't it, dear?
天晓得那年我因《欲海情魔》获得提名时
Lord knows the year I was nominated for Mildred Pierce,
我都紧张得没有出席
I was too nervous to attend.
我待在家 假装自己得了肺炎
No, I stayed home and faked pneumonia.
你知道吗
And do you know what?
他们把奥斯卡送到我家来了
They brought the Oscar to me.
从某方面来说 这更温馨 更有荣誉感
And in a way, it was more intimate, more of an honor.
您觉得我应该这样做吗
Is that what you think I should do?
呆在家里
Stay home?
我可以代替你去领奖
Well, I could accept it for you.
我只是顺路而已
It's just down the road from me,
反正我正好也要去那儿
and I have to be there anyway.
我会说点漂亮话
I'll say lovely things,
你只需要在你纽约舒适的一居室里看着就好
and you can watch from the comfort of your New York one-bedroom.
当然可以了 克劳馥小姐
Sure... Miss Crawford.
欢迎您代表我去领奖
You are welcome to accept the award on my behalf.
真的吗
Really?
如果你想这样
Well, if that's what you want.
那就把致谢名单发给我吧
Just send me a list of people to thank.
尽量只留三个名字就好
Let's try to keep it to three names.
在我看来 简单明了最好了
Short and sweet, in my opinion, is the best.
我会发给您的
I will do that.
很好
Wonderful.
爱你 杰里
All my love to you, Gerry.
克劳馥小姐
Miss Crawford?
好消息
Good news.
我今年不会逼你穿燕尾服了
I'm not going to make you put on a tux this year.
你真打算让那个容易兴奋 喜欢哗众取宠的花蝴蝶
You're actually gonna let that high-strung show pony
代替你出席奥斯卡颁奖典礼吗
represent you at the Oscars?
她需要这次机会
Well, she needs it.
再说了
And besides,
好莱坞也应该看看
Hollywood should be forced
他们亲手把她变成了什么样子
to look at what they've done to her.
安妮·班克罗夫特出演
《大胆妈妈和她的孩子们》
安妮 有人找你
Annie, you have a visitor.
琼·克劳馥
Joan Crawford.
琼·克劳馥来看演出
Joan Crawford caught the performance?
可不是吗 你别逗我了 莉迪亚
Sure. Pull the other one, Lydia.
我说的是真的
剧集 | 宿敌:贝蒂和琼(2017) | 导航列表