剧集 | 宿敌:贝蒂和琼(2017) | 导航列表
Don't jinx me, I haven't won the third one yet.
你会的
You will.
只有几周了
In only a few weeks time, too.
你知道我会为你加油打气的
You know I'll be pulling for you.
为我加油 到时候你就坐在我旁边
Pulling for me? You're going to be sitting right next to me.
你不是真觉得我会为了一场颁奖礼
You can't really expect me to travel all that way
跑那么大老远吧
for an award show.
我当然觉得了
You bet your ass I can.
利维 你不知道他们媒体
Livvie, you have no idea what they've been saying
都怎么议论我的
about me in the press.
你是指议论你和琼
About you and Joan, you mean.
天啊 法国的报纸也这样吗
Christ, is it in the French papers, too?
无论是什么语言
In any language,
他们都想看女人勾心斗角
all they want is a catfight.
你可别再给他们提供素材了
You have to stop giving it to them.
我知道
I know.
我应该变得更和善 我也想
I should be kinder, I want to be,
但她总是激怒我
but she sets me off.
我非常熟悉这种冲动
I know the impulse well.
但只需说四个字
But two words:
"无可奉告"
"No... comment."
你说得倒容易 我这个琼比你那个难对付多了
Easy for you to say; my Joan is far worse than your Joan.
不可能
Not possible.
你知道我那贱♥人♥妹妹跟媒体说什么吗
You know what my bitch sister has taken to telling the press?
我们小时候 我打折了她的锁骨
That I broke her collarbone when we were children.
你能想象吗
Can you imagine?
结果媒体
And the press...
竟然全信了
just gobbles it up.
真是妖怪
Monsters.
利维 你一定要来
Livvie, you have to come.
要是有一位同样
The goddamn Hollywood press,
德高望重的女性支持我的话
they won't be able to say shit about me
那该死的媒体就不会对我说三道四了
if there's another woman of comparable stature supporting me.
你是指跟琼一样分量相当的女性
Comparable to Joan's stature, you mean.
要不然呢
What else would I mean?
贝蒂从来都不是和善的人
Bette was never easy.
但我知道她尊重我
But I know she respects me.
我们都获过两次奥斯卡奖
We both have two Oscars,
她知道 对我来说
and she knew that winning another one
再赢一次也不是什么要紧事
didn't matter that much to me,
所以我对她而言 不是竞争对手
so I wasn't competition to her, I suppose.
我从来都不是威胁
I was never a threat.
在她看来 跟她比我一直都是梅兰妮·威尔克斯
In her mind, I was always Melanie Wilkes
而她是斯嘉丽·奥哈拉[《飘》中的人物]
to her Scarlett O'Hara.
当然了 我也真演过梅兰妮·威尔克斯
Of course, I really was Melanie Wilkes.
她的第三个奥斯卡奖
Her third Oscar.
你数学一直都很烂 琼妮 不是第三个奥斯卡奖
You always did stink at math, Joanie, not a third Oscar.
是她第十次奥斯卡提名 第八次空手而归
Her tenth nomination, her eighth loss.
你得这么想
That's the way you got to think of it.
但她胜算极大
But she is the odds-on favorite.
那是因为好莱坞
Well, that's because this town
最爱给别人颁个头衔了
loves nothing more than to bestow titles.
他们正急着给那个老太婆第三顶王冠呢
And they're just itching to give that old nag the triple crown.
但我们要保证她得不到
But we're going to see she doesn't get it.
怎么做
How?
这容易
Easy.
现在有655位与你同辈的奥斯卡评委
There are, as of now, 655 Academy members in your peer group
将要票选出最佳女演员
that'll be casting a vote for Best Actress.
我们大概只需要说服一百位
We just have to get to, say, a hundred of them,
就能改变结果
and we can tip this thing.
你是说游说奥斯卡评委 让他们投贝蒂的反对票
You mean actually lobby the Academy members to vote against her?
何不呢
Why not?
外人会觉得我是吃不到葡萄说葡萄酸
Well, because it will be seen as sour grapes on my part.
所以你得做得毫无痕迹
And that's why you have to stay squeaky clean.
让我往井里下毒
You let me poison the well.
你只负责造出彩虹和月光
You're gonna serve up nothing but rainbows and moonbeams.
去拿通讯录吧
Get out your phone book.
我们要玩一个从杰克·韦伯那儿学来的小把戏
We're gonna play a little game I learned from Jack Webb,
"软硬兼施 恩威并重"
"Good cop, bad cop."
我去散布戴维斯会获奖的消息
I'll put the word out on Davis.
你加紧宣传其他提名者
You plump up the other nominees.
你觉得她最强劲的竞争对手是谁
Well, who do you think is her closest competition?
他们不会把奖颁给那个无♥耻♥的赫本的
Well, they're not gonna give it to that buzzard Hepburn.
她一次颁奖典礼都没来过
She's never once showed up to the ceremony.
我也会稍微说点她的坏话的
I'll bad-mouth her a little bit, too.
她和她的宽松长裤
Her and those slacks.
莱米克构不成威胁
Remick's no threat;
大家依然把她看作电视演员
they all still think of her as a television actress.
对佩姬或班克罗夫特发力
Push for Page or Bancroft.
从"好莱坞向百老汇延伸"这个角度走
Lean on the "Hollywood reaches out to Broadway" angle.
她们其中一人获奖 就会惹得她更生气
One of them gets it, it'll sting her even more.
你比我还恨她
You hate her more than I do.
我觉得她粗俗
I find her vulgar.
再说 她觉得我们都是伪君子
Besides, she thinks we're all hypocrites.
但我们不就是吗 赫达
Aren't we, though, Hedda?
我们当然是了
Well, of course we are,
但我不能因此被人看不起
but I'm not gonna be judged for it,
尤其是她
not by her.
虚伪是恶对善的致意[弗朗索瓦·德·拉罗什富科]
Hypocrisy is the tribute vice must pay to virtue.
你一直都懂得这个道理的
You've always understood that.
而她从来不懂
She never has.
全国其他地方
The only reason
之所以还让这座堕落之城继续运转
the rest of the country allows this Babylon to stay standing
因为大家相信我们有良心
is because it believes we have a conscience.
30年来 我就是那良心
And for 30 years, I have been that conscience.
我为它放弃了一切
And I gave up everything for it.
我的演艺事业 我的婚姻
My career as an actress, my marriage,
生好多孩子的梦想
my dream of having many children.
而她牺牲了什么 什么都没有
What has she sacrificed? Nothing.
那我们打几个电♥话♥吧
Well, then, let's make some calls.
查克 我是赫达
Chuck, it's Hedda.
我打来是想说我太爱你在《乱世英雄》中的表演了
I just had to call and say how much I loved you in El Cid,
我爱死穿皮裙的男人了
how I adore a man in a leather skirt.
谢谢 多丽丝 你真是太贴心了
Oh, I thank you, Doris. That's very sweet of you.
但其实我今年就没盼着得奖
But I really wasn't expecting one this year.
但我听说杰拉♥丹♥·佩姬被提名了特别兴奋
Oh, but I was thrilled to see Geraldine Page get nominated.
你呢
Weren't you?
是的 脑震荡
Yes, a concussion.
她朝她的脑袋踢了两脚
She kicked her right in the head twice.
琼完全有权起诉她
Joan would have been well within her rights
故意伤害他人
to file assault charges.
能看班克罗夫特小姐的演出是我的荣幸
Well, I was lucky enough to see Miss Bancroft play it onstage.
你知道吗 洛蕾塔
And do you know, Loretta,
她演的安妮·苏利文看上去比海伦·凯勒更像盲人
her Annie Sullivan seemed even more blind on-screen.
凭什么让她第三次获奖
Why should she have three?
你知道她用凭借《女人女人》获得的
You know, the one they gave her for Dangerous
小金人来挡门吗
she uses as a doorstop?
挡厕所的门 你敢相信吗
Her bathroom. Can you believe it?
可怜的奥斯卡小金人得看着那女人如厕
That poor Oscar has to watch that woman go to the toilet.
不 毋庸置疑 安妮·班克罗夫特非常有才华
No, Anne Bancroft is absolutely brilliant.
爱你 凯瑞
Love to you, Cary.
一点儿用都没有
It's no use.
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
这是枉费心机
It's a fool's errand.
她已经赢了
She's already won.
琼
Joan.
不 我不是说今天或是奥斯卡颁奖礼那晚
u202dNo, I don't mean today or on Oscar night.u202c
我整个职业生涯
I have been in competition
都在和那个可恶的女人竞争
with that goddamn woman my entire career.
一场拉锯战
A constant battle.
为了男人 角色 杂♥志♥封面
剧集 | 宿敌:贝蒂和琼(2017) | 导航列表