- You said it. - What?
花钱雇的... 由保险公♥司♥雇的
Paid-- by an insurance company
而他们当然不愿意给商店老板写张巨额支票了
that would rather not write a big check to the store owner.
你说得对
You're right.
这才是起火点
This is the origin point.
那是标准前的电气电路
That's pre-code electrical.
对
Yeah.
新的店主安装了个新的大型冰柜
New owner installs a big new freezer,
并没有意识到老的电路没办法承载电力负荷
doesn't realize the old wiring can't handle the power load.
倒计时的定时炸♥弹♥
Ticking time bomb.
火在这里起的 在这片地方变大
Fire started here and it grew in the void space.
并没有被看起来
And it wasn't detected
很可靠的火灾报♥警♥系统监测到
by what looks like a pretty solid alarm system
然后一切都晚了
until it was too late.
-这不是纵火 -是电路起火
- This isn't arson. - It's an electrical fire.
我就知道我是对的
I knew I was right.
你明显是做火警调查的料
You clearly belong here at OFI.
干得漂亮 搭档
Nice work, partner.
它也在角上 所以很有意思
It's there on the corner, too, so interesting.
加油吧 讲师
Go get 'em, instructor!
我已经迟到了
I'm already late!
她去上课有钱挣的吧
She gets paid for those classes, right?
他们应该付钱给她的
They have to pay her.
我也觉得是
Yeah, I would think so.
我需要看看现场急救或者心肺复苏
Yeah, I need to look into BLS or CPR
总之我可以在消防学院里教的东西
or just something that I can teach at the academy.
也是啊
Yeah, maybe.
我想他们应该会发个招聘启事
I mean, I think they would put up a job posting.
嗯 我会去查查
Yeah. I'm gonna look into that.
谢谢你和我一起过去
Oh, thanks for coming with me.
当然
Of course.
-我来开车 -好
- I'll drive. - All right.
-你好 -你好
- Hello. - Hi.
我们想和你们的首席执行官卡灵顿先生谈谈
We'd like to speak with your CEO, Mr. Carrington.
你们二位是
And who should I tell them is here?
我是马特·凯西 这位是克里斯托弗·赫尔曼
I'm Matt Casey. This is Christopher Herrmann.
我们是消防员
We're firefighters.
有何贵干呢
And what is this pertaining to?
产品安全
Product safety.
我来看看能否找米里亚姆·戈尔巴尼接待你们
Let me see if I can get Miriam Ghorbani for you.
那是谁
And, uh, who's that?
我们的公♥关♥副总裁
Our VP of public relations.
请稍等一下
One moment, please.
准备听一些玄虚言词吧
Get ready for some doublespeak.
真受不了
Tell me about it.
先生们 有什么需要我帮助的
Hello, gentlemen. How can I help you?
她可能跟你说了 我们是芝加哥消防局的
Well, like she probably told you, we're with the CFD
昨天我们扑灭了一场火灾
and yesterday I responded to a house fire
其中包括你们的家具
which involved your furniture.
"包括"
"Involved"?
沙发旁边有一根蜡烛
There was a candle right next to the couch
火一下子就着起来了
and it went up like kindling.
-有明火 -没错
- An open flame. - That's right.
我可以向你们保证
Well, I can assure you
我们所有的家具上都有警示标签
we have warning labels on all of our furniture
上面清楚地表明了吸烟或是明火
expressly stating that smoking or an open flame
比如说蜡烛 碰到或是在其周围都是危险的
such as a candle on or around our materials is a hazard.
不 你看
No, you see--
女士 你的警示标签上没写的是
what your warning labels don't cover, lady,
你们公♥司♥的产品是用汽油做的
is that your company products are made out of gasoline.
我们家具用的材料
Our furniture is composed of materials
完全符合州政♥府♥ 联邦政♥府♥和国际法规
that fall well within state, federal, and international code.
有人去世了 谁还在乎法规啊
Who cares about code when people are dying?
女士 你们的家具很危险
Ma'am, your furniture is dangerous.
我们去年在你们的床垫厂
We lost a firefighter
救火的时候损失了一名消防员
responding to your mattress factory last May.
从我个人和专业的角度
Personally and professionally,
为你们的损失而感到抱歉
I'm sorry for your loss.
我们那天也有工人去世
We also lost workers that day.
真的是场悲剧 而在这之后
It was a real tragedy and we have made positive changes
我们积极地改变了我们储存材料的方式
to the way we store our materials in the aftermath.
但我可以向你们保证 在制♥造♥的方方面面
But I can assure you, we follow industry standards
我们都符合行业标准
in all aspects of our manufacturing.
我们已经开始设计
And we've begun to design warning labels
比法律要求更大的警示标签 因为相信我
that are larger than required under law because trust me,
在阿诺公♥司♥里 消费者的安全是首要因素
consumer safety is a priority at Arnow.
你知道人们管这个叫什么吗
You know what people call this?
鬼话
The run around.
如果你们还有其他顾虑的话
If you have additional concerns,
我会让金把法律顾问的信息给你们
I'll make sure Kim gets your outside counsel's information.
相信我 我们有其他顾虑
Trust me, we have additional concerns
你会经常见到我们的
and you're gonna be seeing more of us real soon.
本顿局长
Chief Benton.
-你一定是史黛拉·基德 -是的 先生
- You must be Stella Kidd. - Yes, sir.
华♥莱♥士♥对你的评价很高
Wallace speaks so highly of you
我以为我要爬上梯子才能和你握手
I thought I might need a ladder to shake your hand.
他是个很伟大的队长
He-he's a great chief.
我不会让他失望的
I just try and do right by him.
我的期望值很高
I expect nothing less.
你还记得体能训练吧
So you remember physical conditioning.
记得
Yeah.
你有20名学员 两个班
You'll have 20 cadets, two classes.
-两个 -是的
- Two? - Yes.
中间休息30分钟
30-minute break between.
我相信以身作则的班级
And I believe in lead-by-example classes.
我发现教员和学员们一起训练
I found instructors who get in there
才能出最好的成绩
and work alongside their cadets produce the best results.
没错 我同意
Right. Yes, agreed.
-你下班就过来了吗 -是的
- You come directly from shift? - Yes, I did.
你最好调一下你的排班
You might wanna alter your schedule.
我大概不能...
Well, I probably can't do--
学员们
Cadets!
这位是你们的教员 史黛拉·基德
This is your instructor, Stella Kidd.
她说"跳"的时候 你们什么都不用说
When she says "Jump," You don't say anything
因为那时候你们已经在跳了 明白吗
because you will already be jumping, got it?
明白 队长
Yes, Chief!
大家好
Okay, hello.
我只是想说
I just wanna say that
这是我第一次带班上课
this is my first time leading the class,
不久之前 我还站在你们的位置上
but you know, not long ago I was in your shoes.
我们开始吧 俯卧撑准备
Okay, let's just get to it. Uh, high plank position.
坚持六十秒
And hold it for 60.
59, 58, 57, 56--
你来多久了 副队
How long you been here, Lieutenant?
四个小时了
hour number four.
有什么动静吗
Any activity?
没有 他们觉得他们坚持时间比我长
Not much. They think they can outlast me.
那他们肯定不知道
Well, then they definitely
他们在和谁打交道
don't know who they're dealing with.
所以我们就坐着吗
So we just sit here?
这不算什么
Oh, this is nothing.
你应该看看赫尔曼
You should've seen Hermann
当时有个涂鸦艺术家正在墙上画51
when we had this graffiti artist that was tagging 51.
有人来了
Hup, here we go.
我觉得你们应该离开 别再带人来了
I said you gotta go and instead you bring friends.
你们是打算害我被炒鱿鱼吗
Are you trying to get me fired?
在你们的首席执行官
We're not going anywhere
出来和我们谈判之前 我们是不会走的
until your CEO comes out here and talks to me.
你们不能坐在这里 这里是私人地盘
You can't sit here. It's private property.
你叫什么 老兄
What's your name, pal?
马文
Marvin.
剧集 | 芝加哥烈焰 | 导航列表