What ya looking at?
我在挑婚礼乐队
Looking for wedding bands.
-选择不多吗 -应该说是太多了
- Slim pickings? - Too many choices, actually.
有的是一个人♥弹♥尤克里里
There's everything from a guy playing a ukulele
有的是整个合唱团
to, like, a full orchestra.
当然选尤克里里
Ukulele for sure.
我想要那种经典的爵士乐队
I wanna have, like, a classic jazz band,
但是克洛伊想要90年代的派对乐队
but Chloe wants to have, like, a '90s party band.
不如我们别要乐队了
Maybe we should just have no band.
或者选尤克里里
Or ukulele guy.
对了 我还想跟你说
Anyway, I wanted to let you know
我明天晚上要在家里办个小派对
that I'm having a little party tomorrow night,
请做好准备
so be ready for that.
真的
Really?
好消息
Good news?
只是我现在对自己选择的室友很满意
Just very happy with my roommate choice right now.
队长 副队
Chief, Lieutenant.
你今天为什么会在我的火灾现场
Why were you at my fire scene today?
我想看看你的队员喜欢那辆新车吗
I wanted to see how your men were enjoying the new truck.
81号♥云梯车过期了不能升级
81 was overdue for an upgrade.
很抱歉我花了那么长时间
I apologize it took me this long
才让局里通过这件事
to push it through the department.
有什么目的
What's the catch?
伙计们 我是来求和的
It's a peace offering, guys.
发现并满足你们的需求 是我的职责
I saw a need and I filled it, which is my job.
我到这来是因为我还有另一个需求
And I'm here because I have a different need
-想满足 -来了
- I would also like to fill. - There it is.
相信我 这件事你们俩都会支持的
Trust me, this is something you'll both get behind.
-得了吧 -不不不 听我说完
- Yeah. - No, no, no, hear me out.
我听说你们开始实施
I heard you've started implementing
癌症互助网计划了 这是芝加哥消防局的
the Cancer Support Network's plan for best practices
最佳实践范例
in CFD firehouses.
没错
That's right.
我一直很关心这件事
Well, this is an issue near and dear to my heart.
事实上 我有个数百万美元的订单
In fact, I have a multimillion dollar order in
为芝加哥消防局的每位消防员提供
for a second set of turnout gear
备用轮换消防装备
for each firefighter on the CFD.
每次火灾后清洁装备时
While one set is cleaned after each fire,
都有为下次任务准备好的干净装备
you have fresh gear ready for the next call.
那是我的建议 减少接触致癌物质
Those are my recommendations. Less exposure to carcinogens.
没错
Exactly.
这很合理 而且这是局里为了保护消防员们
It makes sense, and it's something this department
可以做好的
can do right now to protect its firefighters.
我有位表兄弟死于癌症 他叫约翰·奥格登
I lost a cousin to cancer. John Ogden.
他在克利夫兰消防局工作了28年
He, uh, worked out of Cleveland FD for 28 years.
我选择这个职业主要是因为他
He was--he was pretty much the reason I chose this profession.
所以当我看到你们带头开始这次行动时
So when I saw that you were spearheading this effort,
我对自己说 "杰瑞 是时候了
I thought to myself, "Jerry, it's high time
你应该放下跟博登队长的分歧 和他一起
"You put aside your differences and work with Chief Boden
为共同的目标努力"
toward a common goal."
好吧 我想说 这是个惊喜
Well, I will say, this is a surprise,
很鼓舞人心
but encouraging.
还有个问题
There is a problem.
格里索姆局长说要适当地冻结开支
Commissioner Grissom has put a spending freeze in place.
而且整个消防局里只有两个人的话
And there are two people in the entire department
格里索姆特别愿意听
that Grissom will listen to more than anyone else--
你就是其中之一
you.
我知道我没理由站在这里
I know I have no standing here,
但如果你愿意直接找局长
but I would appreciate it
支持这份采购订单
if you would reach out directly to the Commissioner
我会非常感激
and advocate for this purchase order.
我觉得这个计划非常重要
I happen to think this plan is important,
这也是我们应该做的
and it's the right thing to do.
谢谢你抽时间听我说
Thank you for your time.
你应该知道他只是想得到一枚
You realize he's just looking to get a medal
别在胸前的徽章 对吗 队长
pinned to his chest, right, Chief?
如果他能确保消防员得到备用装备
If he's securing firefighters a second set of turnout gear,
我愿意亲自给他别徽章
I will pin it on him myself.
我想问问 你今天早上把那对起火的房♥子里
Hey, I was wondering, did you hear anything about
救出来的夫妻送到医院后
that couple from the house fire this morning
有没有听说关于他们的情况
after you dropped them off?
妻子进去做手术了
Um, the wife went into surgery.
我看到他们在给丈夫包扎
I saw the husband getting bandaged,
不过后来我们就走了 不知道后续
but we were out of there before I heard any updates.
他很勇敢
He had a lot of grit.
他试图拿着咖啡桌
He tried to beat back the flames with a coffee table
扑灭火苗
attached to his arm.
你知道 61号♥救护车要加油
You know, 61 needs gas.
我可以顺便去趟医院 看看情况
I could run by Med on the way, find out what I can.
其实
Actually...
我觉得81号♥云梯车也要加油了
I think 81 needs a fill up too.
拉尔森先生
Mr. Larson?
我是希尔薇·布莱特 这是马特·凯西
I'm Sylvie Brett, this is Matt Casey
我们是芝加哥消防局的
from the Chicago Fire Department.
是你们
Oh, were you...
是我们
We were.
谢谢你们救了我们
Oh, thank you for rescuing us.
我想去救盖尔的
I tried to get to Gail.
我看见了 你很勇敢
I saw it. It was brave.
可不是嘛
Oh, yeah.
也没什么用
And useless.
邻居说你们刚搬过来
A neighbor said you just moved here?
没错 之前住在蒙大拿
We did, lived in Montana.
我们可以帮你通知谁吗
Can we call someone for you?
不 我们所有的朋友和家人都去世了
Oh, no, we outlived all our friends and family there.
盖尔年轻的时候在芝加哥生活过
Gail spent time in Chicago when she was young.
她很喜欢
She loved it.
她的学生 她以前是老师
Her students-- she was a schoolteacher.
他们给她的所有礼物都跟芝加哥有关
Every gift they ever gave her was Chicago-related.
她最喜欢这里了
It was her thing.
她退休以后 有一天我们就面面相觑
After she retired, we just looked at each other one day
然后说 "何乐而不为呢"
and said, "Why not?"
我们就带上达斯蒂 还有所有家当
So we packed up Dusty and all our belongings
搬来了这里
and moved here.
那是一个月之前了
That was one month ago.
-达斯蒂 -是我们的猫
- Dusty? - Oh, it's our cat.
我作为消防员的经验来说
My experience as a firefighter,
猫不会待在烧着的房♥子里
we never find cats in burning houses.
它们总能想办法逃出去
They always find a way out.
那真是太好了
Oh, that's good.
太好了
That's good.
你有听说你妻子的什么消息吗
Have you heard an update on your wife?
还没有 她还在做手术
No, no, no. She was in surgery.
护士说盖尔一出来
The nurse told me she would notify me
她就会来通知我
as soon as Gail's out.
我去帮你看看情况
Maybe I can check on that for you.
可以吗 太谢谢了
Would you? Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
我好心疼他
Man, I feel bad for him.
这可不是芝加哥会给人的欢迎
It's not much of a Chicago welcome.
他说他没有可以联♥系♥的家人
He says he doesn't have any family to notify,
芝加哥也没有任何人可以照顾他
no personal contacts in Chicago to be with him.
他和妻子一个月前才搬来
He and his wife just moved here a month ago.
我和护士们谈过了
I've talked to the nurses.
没人来探病 连关心的邻居都没有
No one's come to visit, not even a concerned neighbor.
太难受了 他在这里孤身一人
So sad for him to be here all alone.
是啊
Yeah.
我要去和查尔斯医生说一声
You know, I'll talk to Dr. Charles now,
确保他过来看看
make sure he visits.
谢谢
Thank you.
我正在找你
剧集 | 芝加哥烈焰 | 导航列表