with everyone looking to get an edge.
谁都想抢占先机
Yes, I was aggressive in trying to make a deal,
没错 我确实着急想达成交易
but when she refused and I accepted that,
但我接受了她的拒绝
and I never contacted her again.
再没和她联♥系♥
Then why were you less than a block away
那你能解释一下在死亡时间前后
from where she was killed at about the time she died?
你恰好在案发现场的事实吗
Because she called me.
是她给我打的电♥话♥
She asked me to meet her last night.
她昨晚约我见面
Why would she do that?
为什么
Probably because matilda just fired her.
可能是因为玛蒂尔达炒了她吧
The bottom line is, she said she had
总之 她说她有
bombshell information on Modern Fashion --
《当代时尚》的爆♥炸♥性内♥幕♥
information that, if it got out, it would destroy the magazine.
一旦爆料 一定能毁掉《当代时尚》
Mr. Conway, I took a look at Ella's cellphone records,
康维先生 我查看了艾拉的通话记录
she never called you last night.
她昨晚没有给你打过电♥话♥
She did call, and I can prove it.
她打了 我可以证明
She left me a message.
她还给我留言了
Hey, it's Ella.
我是艾拉
I changed my mind about your offer.
你的提议我接受了
I found out something,
我有可以毁掉
something that'll ruin Modern Fashion,
《当代时尚》的消息
take down the whole operation.
让它一败涂地
Meet me at the Broadway coffee shop in an hour.
一小时后百老汇咖啡店见
I'll see you there.
我等你
I waited around for two hours, but she never showed.
我等了她两个小时 可她一直没露面
What information did she want to share?
她掌握了什么信息
Believe me I would love to know, but I have the faintest idea.
我也想知道 可我毫无头绪
What were you trying to hire her to find out?
你雇她找的是什么消息
As you may have heard,
你也许听说了
a tech-venture capitalist named Glen Carter
一个叫格伦·卡特的高科技投资商
bought Modern Fashion last month.
上个月买♥♥下了《当代时尚》
Glen has big plans to drag Matilda's precious little magazine
格伦计划把玛蒂尔达的宝贝杂♥志♥
into the digital age.
带进数码时代
Which are? Well, that's what we wanted to know,
计划内容是 那也是我们想知道的
Since our website has failed to generate new subscription business.
因为我们网站的网上销♥售♥没能带来更多营业额
If we could get Modern Fashion's new playbook,
所以如果能得到《当代时尚》的新计划
It could help us strategize and stay one step ahead.
我们就能改进战略 抢占先机
So, you wanted to hire Ella
所以 你想让艾拉帮忙
so that she could tell you about
让她告诉你们
the new direction the magazine was taking,
《当代时尚》的新方向
and when she turned you down,
她拒绝了
that was the extent of your contact?
你们就只说了这些
Until she called last night.
直到她昨晚来电♥话♥
And what about the eavesdropping?
那窃听器又是怎么回事
W-what are you talking about?
你在说什么
We found a listening device in Ella's apartment.
我们在艾拉的公♥寓♥找到了一个窃听器
That wasn't us. We had nothing to do with that.
不是我们干的 与我们无关
So, these records explain why
这就是我们为什么
we missed Ella's phone calls to Marcus Conway.
没找到艾拉和马库斯·康维的通话记录
She phoned him using her roommate's landline.
她是用室友的座机和他联♥系♥的
So, she told Conway to meet her in the coffee shop in an hour.
她约康维一小时后在咖啡店见面
It would take her about 20 minutes to get there from her apartment,
她公♥寓♥离那儿只有20分钟的路程
So she must have been killed on the way there.
她一定是赴约的路上被杀的
That's a real shame.
好遗憾
Looking at her designs, Ella actually had talent.
瞧瞧她的设计 她其实很有天赋
Yeah, well, the question is, what did she know,
问题在于 她到底知道了什么
and did someone kill her to keep her quiet?
凶手杀她是不是为了灭口
Well, I can't help you out there,
这我不知道
but I can tell you that Marcus Conway
我知道的是 在放置窃听器这事上
was telling the truth about not planting that bug.
马库斯·康维确实是清白的
Yeah, the serial number led us to a distributor
窃听器的序列号♥显示它来自皇后区一家叫
named Alternate Intelligence in Queens.
交替情报的经销商
Do they know who brought it?
他们知道买♥♥主是谁吗
James kavanaugh paid for that listening device
一个月前詹姆斯·卡瓦纳用信♥用♥卡♥
with a credit card a month ago.
购买♥♥了那个窃听器
And when does it get interesting?
重点在于什么
When we found out he was former special forces and,
在于他不仅是前特种部队成员
not to mention, the head of security at Modern Fashion.
还是现任《当代时尚》的保安队长
Wait a minute -- Ella was being spied on by her own magazine?
等等 艾拉是被她自己的公♥司♥监视了
Oh, Beckett, we have that appointment at the Cordova House.
贝克特 我们约了去看科尔多瓦宅邸的场馆
Oh, Castle, I'm sorry. Duty calls.
卡塞尔 抱歉 我有任务在身
Can -- can you go without me
你自己去行吗
and see if it's as good as the pictures?
看看是否和照片一样漂亮
You trust me to make this decision on my own?
你信任我的判断吗
Can you go with Martha?
那还是带上玛莎吧
We have to bring James Kavanaugh in.
我们得传讯詹姆斯·卡瓦纳
Yeah.
收到
I'm in the security business. I buy lots of equipment.
我是保安 当然会有相关设备
Yeah, well, this equipment was a listening device
我们在意的是你安装在
that you installed in Ella Hayes' apartment.
艾拉·海因斯公♥寓♥的那个窃听器
If you think that, you're mistaken.
那不是我装的
Really, because we showed your picture
是吗 可我们给艾拉公♥寓♥的楼管
to the super at Ella's building, and he identified you
看你的照片后 他指认你就是那个
as the exterminator he let into her apartment.
进过她公♥寓♥的灭虫员
I had nothing to do with what happened to Ella Hayes.
艾拉·海因斯的死和我无关
You broke into her place, you wired it for sound,
你擅闯她的房♥间 安装了窃听器
and now she's dead?
现在她死了 还说与你无关
James?
詹姆斯
Think about how that looks, bro.
你自己觉得别人会怎么想
Your best bet is to tell us exactly what you know.
你最好把知道的都交代清楚
All I did was bug her place, okay?
我只安装了窃听器 没别的了
I mean, once Glen Carter bought the magazine,
格伦·卡特买♥♥下杂♥志♥之后
home monitoring got to be a common practice.
家庭监听就成了惯例
So, Glen Carter ordered the surveillance?
这么说是格伦·卡特要求设监听的吗
No, he didn't know anything about it.
不 他并不知道这事
It was ordered by Matilda King.
是玛蒂尔达·金要求的
Matilda king.
玛蒂尔达·金
You sure about that? Yes, I'm sure.
你确定吗 当然 千真万确
She got all freaked out about someone coming after her job,
她害怕有人要抢了她的饭碗
so she said she didn't know who she could trust anymore.
所以她说再也不知道该相信谁
Okay, so, who monitored the audio from Ella's apartment?
好 那谁负责监听艾拉的公♥寓♥呢
Matilda had me set it up
玛蒂尔达让我装好设备
so that it fed directly to her computer.
所有音频都直接传到她的电脑
You realize what this means?
你知道这说明什么吗
Ella called Marcus Conway on the landline,
艾拉用座机打给马库斯·康维
told him she could take down the magazine,
说她能击垮《当代时尚》
and Matilda heard the whole thing.
而这些话都被玛蒂尔达听到了
Okay. Thank you very much.
好的 非常感谢
So, the guard in the lobby of the Modern Fashion building
《当代时尚》大楼的大堂保安
saw Matilda leave there last night at 11:30,
看到玛蒂尔达昨晚11点30离开
and she was in a big hurry.
她走得很匆忙
11:30?
11点30么
Well, that's right after Ella called Marcus Conway.
正好是艾拉打电♥话♥给马库斯·康维之后
Matilda knew that Ella was about to spill the beans
玛蒂尔达知道艾拉要去告密
and bring down the magazine.
击垮《当代时尚》
So Matilda went to stop her.
于是玛蒂尔达去阻止她了
She's our killer.
她就是凶手
Wait, wait, wait. She's on a call.
等等等等 她正在打电♥话♥
She can call back.
她可以回电
Glen, this magazine is not about tweets or likes on facebook,
格伦 这杂♥志♥并不只是推特转发或脸书点赞
for god's sake!
我的天呐
For 57 years,
57年来
women have been purchasing this magazine for the fashion!
女性买♥♥这本杂♥志♥都是为了时尚
Matilda, please.
玛蒂尔达 冷静
Whenever they've had a bad day at work or at home,
她们工作不顺心 生活不如意时
they've come to us!
她们想到的总是我们
We are their escape! We are their fantasy!
我们让她们逃脱现实 给她们梦幻
It's the clothing that stitches it all together.
把七零八落的生活拼凑起来的是时装
That's what matters.
这才是最重要的
We're done here. Glen!
没什么可说了 格伦
剧集 | 灵书妙探(2009) | 导航列表