剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表
You've been doing your homework on the competition.
为了这次角逐 你做了很多功课啊
Nonsense. We're all in this together.
别这么说 我们身处同一战线
Your team is well-known throughout the city.
你的团队在这个城市非常有名
I'm eager to read your hernia paper
我很渴望拜读你的斜疝论文
and put that discovery into practice.
并付诸实践
And I'm eager to own one of your magic scopes,
我也很渴望拥有一个你的神奇检查镜
as I'm sure everyone here is.
我敢说在场的每个人都这么想
Yes, well, it'll be a while before we reach that point.
在那之前我们还有很多要做的
But now that people know of its existence,
不过现在人们知道了它的存在
I hope others will quickly surpass me.
我希望其他人很快可以超过我
I've never hoped that in my life.
我从来没有在我生命中这样期望过
I am presenting my new previa procedure at the next meeting.
下次会议我会展示我新的前置胎盘手术方法
I see you're also on the list of speakers.
我看到你也在演讲人之列
May I ask what it is you'll be presenting?
我可以问问你将要展示的是什么吗
I'd rather not say.
还是不说得好
It was nice meeting you all.
很高兴见到你们
He'd rather not say.
他不想说
Can he do that? He just did.
他竟然敢这么回话 他刚刚就这么做了
I suppose we're not as "all in this together" as he claims.
看来我们与他并不是“同一战线”的
The arrogance is astonishing.
简直傲慢到难以置信的地步
Rest assured that this will be the last time
放心吧 这会是你最后一次
you were ever outshined by a Jew.
被一个犹太人超过
I must be going.
我必须走了
Sister Harriet is meeting me
我要去见哈里特修女
to bring home a little surprise to Eleanor.
带个惊喜回去给埃莉诺
We will drink a toast to your new family.
我们为你的新家庭举杯
Cheers. I'm starving.
干杯 我好饿
Is there no food again? Through there.
又没吃的了吗 在那边
Oh, good. Scotch.
很好 威士忌
Thank you.
谢谢
Dr. Thackery.
萨克雷医生
Dr. Chickering.
奇克林医生
I was hoping for a word.
我一直想和你聊一聊
But by the looks of you, an examination might be more in order.
但看起来 你可能更应该先做个检查
Are you unwell? Your color is terrible.
你病了吗 脸色很不好
Just a bit too much work.
就是工作累了点
You wanted to speak about Bertie, I presume.
您一定是想谈谈伯蒂吧 我猜
About Bertram Jr. Yes.
小伯崔姆 是的
You wish to commend me
您是想表扬我
for my excellent mentorship of the young man
对这个年轻人悉心指导
and to show your gratitude for the influence I've had on him.
并我为他带来的影响表示感谢吧
You have to let him go.
你必须放他走
The boy is in your thrall. It's no good for him.
这孩子被你束缚住了 这对他不好
You need to send him off. To what?
你要把他打发走 打发去哪儿呢
There's nothing out there that compares to what I'm giving him.
外面没什么比得上我能给他的
It's what you're taking from him that is at issue.
问题是你从他身上夺走了什么
He's free to go anytime he wishes.
他想去哪里都可以
I hold no special power over him.
我没有特殊的能耐控制他
You hold enormous power. He worships you.
你的能耐可大了 他很崇拜你
And that carnival you run. Circus.
以及你带领的杂耍班 医疗团队
Where his former surgical chief
而这团队的外科主任
put a gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger.
把枪放进自己嘴里 扣下了扳机
It was his temple, actually.
是太阳穴
It was over a procedure that your son helped me conquer.
是因为您儿子协助我完成的一个手术
A procedure that will save thousands of lives.
一个将拯救数千生命的手术
There are good surgeons everywhere.
好的外科医生到处都有
Let him learn from one of them.
让他随便找一个学吧
Good is not enough. Good does not change the world.
光好是不够的 好不能改变世界
But it can change his life.
但能改变他的生活
He can get married, have a family
他能结婚 成立家庭
and an excellent, lucrative practice
有一个体面的 能挣钱的职业
away from the tumult of the Knick.
远离尼克病院的骚乱
If the goal is money or ease,
如果目的是财富和安逸
then, yes, I agree with you.
那么我同意您的观点
But I assumed our job was to heal and to save lives.
但我认为我们的工作是救死扶伤
You are aware how false
你知道这些话
any sanctimony is coming from you, correct?
从你嘴里说出来有多假 对吧
Of course.
当然
Perhaps with a word from both of us,
或许我们一起去劝他
we could place Bertram with someone like Dr. Zinberg.
就可以让伯崔姆跟着金伯格那样的医生学习
I knew you disliked me,
我知道您不喜欢我
but until now, I had no idea how much.
但直到现在 我才知道您有多讨厌我
You would prefer your son to work at the Jewish hospital
宁愿让您的儿子去犹太医院工作
instead of with me?
也不愿让他和我共事
I would take him working for the Czar over you.
他即使去给沙皇干活也比你强
Dr. Chickering, your son is very talented.
奇克林医生 您的儿子很有才华
I've invested a lot of time and energy into him,
我在他身上花了很多时间和精力
and I am telling you, he possesses real greatness.
我可以告诉您 他拥有巨大的潜力
Whatever you have invested in the boy,
不管你在他身上投入了多少
I can assure you, I have infinitely more.
我可以保证 我能给他的远远更多
Good afternoon.
午安
Good evening, dear.
晚上好 亲爱的
I didn't know you were bringing a guest.
我不知道你会带客人回来
I would have tidied up.
不然就打扫一下了
That's quite all right. I won't be staying long.
没关系的 我一会儿就走
This is Grace.
这是格蕾丝
She's a healthy six-month-old baby abandoned at the Knick.
尼克病院的弃婴 6个月大 很健康
Oh, the poor thing.
可怜的东西
Are you out for a walk with her?
你要带她去散步吗
No, dear.
不 亲爱的
Sister Harriet is bringing Grace to us.
哈里特修女要把格蕾丝给我们
To us?
给我们
Grace will be our daughter.
格蕾丝是我们的女儿了
Oh, no. I can't.
不 我不能
This could be exactly what we need.
这或许正是我们需要的
I won't do that to Lillian.
我不能这样对莉莲
Lillian is gone.
莉莲不在了
And we can't bring her back.
再也回不来了
We must begin to look forward.
我们要开始朝前看
Isn't that right, Sister?
对吧 修女
God has placed this child here for a reason.
上帝把这孩子带到这里 是有原因的
No, God has cursed us.
不 上帝诅咒了我们
We have proven we are incapable of caring for a child.
我们已经证明自己没有能力抚养一个孩子
And I won't be responsible for the death of another.
我不能再害死另一个孩子
Please, take the baby out of here before we infect it.
快把孩子带走吧 别让我们害了她
Eleanor. Go!
埃莉诺 快走
Now!
快
Of course. I'm sorry, Mrs. Gallinger.
好的 真抱歉 加林格太太
Harriet.
哈里特
Give it to me. What are you doing?
把她给我 你要做什么
Give it to me. Give it to me.
给我 给我
Come here.
来
Look at her. Get it away.
看看她 把她弄走
Look at her! I can't.
看看她 不要
She needs a mother.
她需要一个母亲
Stop, Everett. Please.
别这样 埃弗雷特 求你了
Thank you, Jesse, but I'm gonna stay
谢谢你 杰西 但我要留下
and work for several more hours.
再工作几个小时
Of course. I'll be here waiting, then.
好的 那我在这儿等
No, don't be silly. It might be late.
别傻了 应该会弄到很晚
You should go home and I'll find my own way back.
你先回家吧 我自己会回去的
Find your own way, ma'am?
自己回去吗 小姐
I'll be fine here. You take your time.
我在这儿没关系的 您慢慢来
No, please. I insist.
不行 请你必须回去
You can head back. Yes, ma'am.
你可以回家了 好吧 小姐
I'll see you at the house.
家里见
Diggs Hotel.
去迪格斯旅馆
26th and 6th Avenue.
在二十♥六♥大♥道和第六大道的交叉口
I'm not sure a woman like you
我觉得像您这样的女士
should have any business in a place like that.
去那种地方办事不太合适
剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表