剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表
August.
奥古斯特
I'm sure you and Jesse are pleased
你和杰西一定都很高兴
to have our boy back in New York.
我们的孩子回纽约来了
Oh, we are. Can't thank you enough for that.
高兴极了 真不知该如何感谢您
He's a smart boy, but I'm sure you already know that.
他很聪明 你们一定早就知道了
Nobody gets tired of hearing good things
谁都爱听别人夸奖
about their children, Captain, sir.
自己的孩子 上尉先生
I have always known a quality investment.
我一直都知道什么样的投资是值得的
And he has proven himself to be worth every penny.
他已经证明 为他花的每一分钱都值了
Well, I hope our Algernon'll continue to prove you right.
希望我们的阿尔杰农能继续不让你失望
Some more creamed potatoes?
再来些奶油土豆吗
You know I can't resist.
你知道我拒绝不了
Here we are.
给
Thank you. You're welcome.
谢谢 不客气
How are Thackery and Algernon getting on?
萨克雷和阿尔杰农最近相处得怎么样
Nothing's changed. Do I need to step in?
还是老样子 需要我插手吗
I can certainly give Thack's leash a tug.
我可以给萨克施点压
Algernon says he wants to take care of the matter himself.
阿尔杰农说他想自己处理
Well, you let me know.
有需要就告诉我
We have a bit of history, the good doctor and I.
我和那个医生 还有些交情
Darling, any word from Phillip?
亲爱的 菲利普有什么消息吗
Yes, he sent a cable. He's in Chicago now.
有 他发了封电报 他到芝加哥了
His train arrives here on the 12th.
他的火车12号♥到这里
I do hope he'll be pleased with the arrangements
我希望他会满意
we've already made for your wedding.
我们为你们的婚礼做的安排
Now, there is a young man no one will dare underestimate.
这可是个人人看好的年轻人
He and Henry have done a fine job
多亏了他和亨利
securing my new freight lines to the Orient.
我通往亚洲的新货运线得到了保障
It is a shame that Henry couldn't be here
真可惜 亨利没能来
for last night's opening at the Met.
参加昨晚都市博物馆的开幕典礼
He does love it so.
他多喜欢啊
The Abbotts weren't in attendance last night either.
艾伯特一家昨晚也没出席
They've never missed an opening.
他们从不错过开幕典礼
Didn't you hear?
你没听说吗
Leonard and Franklin were struck down with the typhoid.
莱纳德和弗兰克林得了伤寒
They're at the Manhattan Hospital.
现在在曼哈顿医院呢
When? Day before last. Dreadfully sick.
什么时候 就在前天 病得可不轻
And didn't you tell me Daniel Hemming and his daughter
你不是说 丹尼尔·海明和他女儿
were admitted to the Knick with the same? Yes.
也因为这个进了尼克病院吗 是的
Do you know if they've been spending any time with immigrants?
他们会不会和新移♥民♥有什么接触
They carry it, you know.
他们携带那种病菌
Oh, for God's sake, Mother.
我的天啊 母亲
Let's just hope this isn't the beginning of an epidemic.
希望这不会引发传染病
John D.
约翰·D
Ma'am.
女士
Start with the junction boxes.
从接线盒开始
Thread it back to the fixtures. All right.
把它接回固定装置上 好的
Obviously the duty nurse wasn't lying
值班护士说你整夜都在工作
when she said you'd been working all night.
看来是真的
It's a slaughterhouse in here.
这里成了屠宰场了
Now you see why we have no Jewish doctors.
现在你明白我们为什么没有犹太医生了
But it seems they've all died in vain.
不过它们似乎死得不太值
I'm no further ahead than when I arrived.
我一点进展都没有
Perhaps Dr. Edwards could help.
或许爱德华兹医生能帮点忙
What is it with your allegiance to him?
你到底为什么对他这么上心
His family has worked for us since before he was born.
他们一家在他出生前就为我们服务了
My father is very loyal to his employees.
我父亲对他雇佣的人非常忠诚
In the house, maybe.
对家仆 或许是
I'm sure his men down at the shipyards
我看他在造船厂的工人
would tell a different story.
不见得会这么说
Dr. Edwards is no pet.
爱德华兹医生不是宠物
He's been a person of substance for as long as I've known him.
从我认识他时起 他就是个有能力的人
Did you want something?
你有什么事吗
A few days ago, two patients were admitted with typhoid fever
几天前 两个病人因伤寒发烧入院
and just this morning I've heard of another case breaking
今天早晨 我又听说另一户人家
in a separate household.
也出现同样的病例
That's 50 fewer than are likely to be admitted to hospitals
这个城市每天入院的人数
on any given day in this city.
要比这个多出50个
Not quite.
不尽然
One was at the Abbott house on 58th and 5th
一例来自第五十八和第五大道之间的艾伯特家
and another at the Hemmings'.
另一例是海明家
What, the banking family?
从事银行业的那家人吗
And coal and some cattle in the West.
西部还有煤炭和牧牛生意
Bully for them.
真残忍♥
If it were down on Mulberry or Delancey Street, I'd understand.
要在桑树街或是德兰西街 就不奇怪
Despite what you might believe,
你可能不会同意
sickness isn't a result of poor character.
但疾病不是品德不良造成的
Germs don't examine your bank book.
病菌又不看你的银行存折
Try not to let your prejudice against anyone else's success
你对别人的成功怀有偏见
but your own cloud your judgment.
别因此影响了你的判断
Germs may be indifferent to wealth,
病菌或许对财富毫无兴趣
but typhoid ones do enjoy poor sanitation,
但伤寒病菌的确容易在卫生条件恶劣
cramped quarters, and a lack of proper sewage.
空间狭小 污水处理失当的地方滋生
I grant you that.
这我同意
So, I ask you again,
那我再问你一遍
with none of these negative elements being present,
如果没有这些负面因素影响
are the cases of the Abbotts and the Hemmings peculiar?
艾伯特一家和海明一家的病例是罕见的吗
Well, at the very least surprising.
起码是出人意料的
Perhaps we should summon Inspector Speight
也许我们应该找稽查员斯佩特
and have a word.
来谈谈
What happened to that other fellow?
另外那个病人呢
The one who's sick like me.
跟我得了一样的病的那个
Mr. Olynyk?
欧林尼克先生
He didn't survive.
他没能挺过来
But despite you both having similar diagnoses,
尽管你们的诊断是差不多的
we are working on a very different procedure to try out on you.
我们对你采取的治疗手段是很不同的
Not to worry.
不用担心
Are you cold? Yeah.
你冷吗 冷
Should we go in? Yeah.
我们进去吧 好
Yes. Come on, my love.
好的 走吧 亲爱的
Okay. Come on, everybody.
好了 大家来吧
Let's get inside for lunch.
我们进去吃午饭了
If they only knew.
他们要是知道...
Knew what?
知道什么
What you really are.
你的真面目
Her father died last night.
她父亲昨晚去世了
She's still suffering
她还在煎熬之中
and it's anyone's guess if she'll survive.
她能否活下来也是未知数
Both have typhoid fever.
他们都患了伤寒
Another family from uptown, the Abbotts,
上城区的另一家人 艾伯特家族
have two members admitted to the German Hospital with the same.
已经有两名家族成员因相同的病被德国医院收治了
And there are rumors that Elihu Brown
有传言说伊莱休·布朗
had two of his live-in servants fall ill in January,
家中有两个住家仆人一月份的时候病了
but he kept it quiet for obvious reasons.
但他基于明显的原因封锁了消息
What reasons?
什么原因
He didn't wish to stop an outbreak?
他不想阻止传染病的暴发吗
I think you can understand a man in his position
我想你应该能理解身居其位的他
not wanting to stir up a fuss.
可不想引起恐慌
To be frank with you, Miss Robertson, in my work,
坦白地说 罗伯森小姐 在我的工作中
upsetting the apple cart is the bulk of my job.
大部分都是放出消息扰乱人心
Nobody likes to see me coming.
没人愿意看到我
Do you think there's any relation between the cases?
你觉得病例之间有何联♥系♥吗
It's fishy.
很可疑
Your type don't see much of this sort of thing.
你们可能没见过多少这种事
In the tenements, six cases would have blown up to 60
在出租屋那片 几周之内 六起病例
in a couple weeks and we'd know what we have.
会很快发展成六十起 我们清清楚楚
But uptown, it's sneaky.
但在上城区 都是暗暗发生的
It don't spread.
消息不会透出来
It hops, picking places to land.
它四处移♥动♥ 择地而栖
Then you'll investigate?
那你要去调查吗
剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表