剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表
我们会让它成为
the new standard hernia procedure.
新的标准疝气手术
Well, if it's the standard here,
既然能成为这里的新标准
shouldn't it be the standard everywhere?
为何不让它成为全世界的新标准呢
Meaning you want this to be published?
你想把它发表出去
Oh, I could never get published in this country on my own.
在这个国家里靠我自己不可能发表出去
But if I had a co-author...
但如果我有一个合著者...
Oh, you want me to co-author with you on this?
你是想让我当你的合著者吗
As lead or as equals?
当主笔还是联合主笔
As long as it gets my name out there,
只要把我的名字打上去
I don't care what my accreditation is.
我不在乎是什么身份
And one more thing.
还有一件事
I think it's time I be allowed
是时候让我正式
to work with you officially in the theater
作为你的副外科手术主任
as your deputy chief of surgery.
和你一起在手术室工作了吧
I don't want you just to get me
我不希望只有在人手不足时
when you can't find someone else.
你才想起我来
And if I don't allow you?
我要是不同意呢
Then I'll take my future discoveries elsewhere.
那我就带着我未来的成果另寻东家
And you will miss out on all the fun.
而你会错过所有的乐趣
Dr. Edwards. Hmm?
爱德华兹医生 是
May I officially welcome you to the Knick?
请允许我正式欢迎你加入尼克病院
Cards.
底牌
That's a nice one. And that is a nice one.
这张牌不错 这才叫不错
Good evening, gentlemen.
晚上好 先生们
Neely.
妮莉
Come to bring your dad some good luck?
过来给你父亲带点好运
Hobart's taken all your inheritance.
霍巴特把我留给你的遗产都赢走了
Is that true, Mr. Showalter?
真的吗 肖沃尔特先生
Perhaps just dented it a bit.
就一点儿
You'll get it all back when you and Phillip are married.
等你和菲利普结婚的时候会还给你的
Is that an incentive for me to keep losing to you?
这是鼓励我继续输钱给你吗
Just look at me as a conveyer of your wealth
你就当是通过我 把你的钱
to my future daughter-in-law.
都送到我未来儿媳妇手里
If you don't mind, I'd prefer to cut out the middleman
你要不介意 我喜欢越过中间人
for the next few hands.
直接给她本人
And how are you doing?
你玩得怎么样
Will we begin our marriage penniless?
我们的结婚时你会身无分文吗
No, only down a bit, but to my father and yours,
不会 我就输了一点给我们的父亲
so we'll likely see it again.
但很快这些钱又会回到我们手里
How's the Knick? You still on the hunt?
医院怎么样了 还在做搜寻工作吗
Oh, Cornelia's been playing a bit of detective
科妮莉亚最近在卫生稽查员身边
alongside a health inspector.
充当警探呢
We got our girl today.
我们今天抓到了那个女孩
Inspector Speight and I apprehended the suspect this afternoon.
我和斯佩特稽查员今天下午逮捕了疑犯
Apprehended? Listen to my girl.
逮捕 听听这姑娘的口气
She sounds like Big Bill Devery down at police headquarters.
她简直像警♥察♥总局里的大♥比♥尔[球员]
You think she can be bought as easily?
你以为她是那么容易被收买♥♥的吗
It was exciting, Phillip,
那很令人兴奋 菲利普
to get out into the street and do some good.
去外面做些好事
I don't know. It was wonderful to feel so useful.
我也不知道 感觉能帮上忙很开心
What's wonderful is to see such a flush in your cheeks.
我开心的是看到你脸上飞满了红霞
Congratulations, Neely.
恭喜你 妮莉
An epidemic has been averted because of you.
你阻止了一场瘟疫
Yes. A toast to my little girl.
没错 敬我们的小姑娘
I agree. To you, my love.
我同意 敬你 我的爱人
Perfect way to wind down your tenure at the Knick.
是你在尼克工作的完美谢幕
My wife will always have the best stories
我妻子总有最好的故事
to tell her lady friends at lunch.
在午餐时间分享给她的朋友们
Well, thank you all.
好的 谢谢你们
It's been a long day.
今天很累
Good evening. Sweet dreams, dear.
晚安 好梦 亲爱的
Phillip, it's to you.
菲利普 该你了
Come in, Gertrude.
请进 格特鲁德
My dress is ready to be hung.
可以把我的衣服挂起来了
Mr. Showalter?
肖沃尔特先生
Dear, I've known you since you were born.
亲爱的 我是看着你长大的
You're going to be my daughter.
你马上就要成为我的女儿了
Why don't you start calling me Dad?
何不现在就叫我父亲
I don't think your own father would mind too terribly much,
我想你的父亲并不会太介意的
do you?
是不是
Very well.
好的
I always wanted a daughter.
我一直都想要个女儿
We lost two in childbirth.
有过两个 还没生下来就死了
I'm sorry.
我很遗憾
But now I have one of my very own.
但现在 我要有我的女儿了
I suppose that's true.
确实
Phillip has given us a beautiful,
菲利普给了我们一个非常
beautiful daughter in you.
非常美丽的女儿
I've invested a tremendous amount of money with your father.
我在你父亲身上投了一大笔钱
I believe in the union of our two families.
我对我们两家的结合很有信心
I know he's grateful--
我知道他很感激...
I don't want his gratitude.
我不想要他的感激
I did it because I believe our coming together
我之所以投资
is a wonderful thing that will provide
是因为我相信我们的结合
rewards and pleasures for all of us.
将会带给我们所有人欢乐和美好
Do you think it's a wonderful thing, Neely?
你觉得这是美好的事吗 妮莉
Of course, Mr. Showalter.
当然 肖沃尔特先生
Dad.
父亲
Open or closed?
开着还是关上
What?
什么
The door-- open or closed?
门 开着还是关上
Closed.
关上
Sleep tight.
睡个好觉
剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表