剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表
You'll have to ask Miss Robertson.
这你得去问罗伯森小姐
It's also nowhere to be found on your credentials.
你的各种文凭证书上也都没写你的种族
Is your race listed on yours?
你的证书上写了吗
There's no need for it to be.
我的不需要写出来
I grant that your background is impressive,
我承认你的背景让人印象深刻
and I'm sure there are many Negro infirmaries
我敢肯定你的才能一定能
that will benefit from your talents,
让很多黑人医院受益
but this hospital You're here.
但这家医院 你在这里
This is where I'd like to be.
我就想在这工作
If you would just give me a chance.
只要你能给我一个机会
In London and in Paris, I was treated as an equal.
在伦敦和巴黎 我都被平等对待
And I have no doubt This is New York.
我想这里也 这里是纽约
This is not London or Paris.
不是伦敦或巴黎
You can only run away and join the circus
你想要加入一个医疗团队的前提
if the circus wants you.
是他们想要你
I don't want you in my circus.
我的团队不需要你
Dr. Edwards.
爱德华兹医生
How was your meeting with Dr. Thackery?
你和萨克雷医生的会面如何
Wonderful if you call being humiliated
如果你管在火炉前被人羞辱
in front of a 1,000-degree furnace a meeting.
称做是会面的话 那是挺好的
What do you mean?
什么意思
Thank your father for me.
替我感谢你父亲
I'm going to head back to Boston.
我要回波士顿了
Sorry if I wasted your time.
抱歉浪费了你的时间
I certainly wasted mine.
反正我的是浪费了
Dr. Edwards.
爱德华兹医生
Dr. Edwards.
爱德华兹医生
Algernon.
阿尔杰农
Miss Robertson.
罗伯森小姐
Dr. Chickering would like to see you.
奇克林医生想要见你
Inspector Speight. Mr. Barrow.
斯佩特稽查员 巴罗先生
How are things on the streets?
外面情况怎么样
Getting worse every day.
一天比一天糟
The more boatloads they let in,
货船来得越多
the more pestilence infects the city.
瘟疫就会越严重
I had three cases of tuberculosis just today.
光是今天我就接了三个肺结核的病人
The poor are just weaker than us.
穷♥人♥就是比我们更虚弱
You'd imagine the mayor would want to think about
你以为市长会考虑
sending them immigrants elsewhere,
把新移♥民♥送到别的地方去
but he don't stop 'em.
但他却没有明确阻止他们
Shipping companies see to that.
运输公♥司♥的人都很清楚
Some of these diseases, they spread so quick,
有一些疾病 蔓延地特别快
they wipe out whole blocks of people in just a few days.
几天之内就能把整个街区的人都消灭了
We have to burn the bodies. We have no place to put them.
我们得把尸体都烧了 没有地方安放他们
That a new one of your kids?
那是你新添的孩子吗
Yes.
是的
Handsome-looking family.
一家子都很漂亮
Always wanted to have one of those done of me.
我一直很想给自己画一张那样的画像
And why haven't you?
怎么还没画呢
Don't think I could sit still that long.
那么长时间我肯定坐不住
What if I had to use the toilet?
如果我想上厕所怎么办
Those frames look like they set you back a bit.
画框看起来花了你不少钱啊
Gold leaf?
用的金箔吗
Where did you say you sent these tuberculosis patients?
你把那些肺结核病人送哪去了
The Knick got one.
尼克病院有一个
City's gonna cover the full freight cost
因为是我送来的
since I put her here.
所以运费由政♥府♥出
And you want a finder's fee.
所以你还想抽点佣金
Could have easily sent her to St. Vincent's
其实我送去圣文森特医院
or Presbyterian.
或长老会医院会更容易
Next time could be none.
也许下次就这样
Or it might be all of them.
又或者都送来这里
You know, I like you, Herm.
我喜欢你 赫姆
We're cut from the same cloth.
我们是一路人
I like to think not.
我觉得不是
It's not good.
情况不好
The tuberculosis is pretty advanced.
肺结核已经到了晚期
Her lungs are completely full of fluid.
她的肺部已经全是积液
Fever of 104. Pulse is erratic.
高烧40度 脉搏紊乱
Her fingers are clubbing.
手指呈杵状膨大
Are you recommending a sanitarium stay?
你是建议送她去疗养院吗
She's already on the other side of the hill, I'm afraid.
恐怕她已经时日无多了
I honestly don't think she'll make it through the week.
坦白说 我觉得她都熬不过这周
Does she know?
她知道吗
She doesn't speak English.
她听不懂英语
Her daughter has been interpreting for me.
之前是她女儿一直在帮我翻译
I see.
我明白了
Responsibility is to the patient,
我们是得对病人负责
but there's no rule that says we have to--
但没有规定说我们必须得...
Hello.
你好
May I ask your name?
你叫什么名字
Yetta. Yetta.
耶特 耶特
A beautiful name.
名字真好听
Yetta, my name is Miss Robertson.
耶特 我是罗伯森小姐
I'm from the social welfare office of the hospital.
我是医院社会福利办公室的
I need your help right now
现在我需要你帮我
to explain something to your mother.
给你妈妈解释一些事情
All right?
可以吗
Please tell your mother that the doctor says
请告诉她 医生说
her disease has made her very sick.
她的病情已经非常严重
She will not get better.
她不会好起来了
She will only get worse.
病情只会继续恶化
But the hospital will do all it can
但医院会尽全力
to make her as comfortable as possible.
让她最大可能地感觉舒适一些
If there is anything she or your family needs,
她或你的家人如果有任何需求
we are here to help you.
我们都乐意帮忙
Does she understand?
她能明白吗
She understands.
她明白
I'm so sorry.
我很抱歉
My mother wants to know what time it is.
我妈妈想知道现在几点了
It's 4:30.
四点半了
My mother says I should go
我妈妈说我该走了
or else I'll be late for my shift.
不然我上工该迟到了
Keller Shirtwaist Factory on Delancey.
德兰西街凯勒女装厂
Be sure she gets there safely, Jesse.
把她平安送到 杰西
Yes, ma'am.
好的 女士
I expected you over an hour ago. What kept you?
我等了你一个多小时了 你忙什么呢
Your treatment of Dr. Edwards s indefensible.
你对待爱德华兹医生的态度简直不可原谅
No, it was completely defensible.
不 完全合乎情理
I'll tell you exactly what I told him.
我把我跟他说的原话告诉你
I'm not interested in leading the charge in mixing the races.
我没兴趣带领一支跨种族的团队
Dr. Edwards is as capable as any doctor in this hospital.
爱德华兹医生的医术和医院其他医生一样好
Likely more so. Perhaps.
可能还更胜一层 可能吧
But just as a shopkeeper would never stock an item
但正如鞋匠从来不会上架
on his shelves no customer would buy,
没有顾客会买♥♥的商品一样
I would not employ a surgeon no patient
我也不会留下一名没有病人愿意
will agree to have operate them.
让他主刀的外科医生
Then patients must be convinced of his ability.
那我们就要说服病人信任他的医术
Are you going to stand there and honestly tell me
难道你真的想告诉我
that the way out of our financial troubles
让我们摆脱财务困境的方法
is to hire a Negro surgeon?
就是雇用一位黑人外科医生
Once people learn that he is an excellent surgeon,
一旦人们发现他是一名技术精湛的外科医生
they'll change their minds.
他们就会改变主意的
We're speaking about a patient's possible mortality.
这可是关乎病人生死的大事
Is this really a fair time to begin a social crusade?
趁这时发起社会运动合适吗
Yes. We're an institution in dire condition.
正是 我们是一所处境窘迫的医院
We're not an incubator for some progressive experiment
不是为了你和你父亲的钱 而被拿来
for you and your father's money.
进行这种激进的实验的场所
Please, find yourself another hobby.
拜托你了 给自己找个别的爱好
Do you see what you've done?
看到你做的好事了吗
剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表