剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表
什么错误
I took money
我挪用了
from my employer.
雇主的钱
I invested it with a Wall Street man
跟着一个华尔街的人做投资
that said it couldn't lose.
他说不可能亏的
Then it did.
结果亏了
So I took more money and I tried to get it back.
所以我拿了更多钱想翻本
Then we had the drop of '98 and we all lost.
结果遇上了九八大崩♥盘♥ 全亏了
All except for Harriman and Vanderbilt and his ilk.
除了哈里曼和范德比尔特家族
They always sail on through,
他们总能挺过去
rich as ever.
照样家财万贯
Do you even know what I'm talking about?
你懂我在说什么吗
Not really.
不太懂
Oh, Jesus Christ.
天啊
Hello, Mr. Barrow.
你好 巴罗先生
Officer.
警官
I come looking for a favor.
我来是想请你帮个忙
Well, in here, four bucks will get you any favor you want.
在这里 花四块钱你想要什么帮助都行
It's of a different nature.
这个不太一样
I want to propose a little business with Mr. Collier
我想跟科列尔先生做点交易
and I need a proper introducing.
我需要一个适当的介绍人
What makes you think I know this man Collier?
你怎么会觉得我认识这个科列尔
I've seen you coming out of his place a few times.
我好几次见到你从他那里出来
Been watching the door there for a while now.
我盯着那里有一段时间了
Well, I only go in there to get cigarillos for my wife.
我去那里只是为了给我太太拿香烟
That's very accommodating of them,
他们还真是乐于助人
making a 10-cent sale at 2:00 in the morning.
凌晨两点还在卖♥♥十分钱的东西
What'd you have in mind?
你想要做什么
We get a lot of girls off the street.
我们抓了很多妓♥女♥
Round them up and bring them in.
全都关起来了
Freelancers who hook for no one.
其中有不少是自己单干的
I thought if I could
我觉得自己可以
convince a few of them to work for Mr. Collier,
说服其中一些为科列尔先生工作
he protects them, gives them a good place like this to work and--
他保护她们 提供一个类似这里的好的工作场所
Give you some money for bringing them in.
然后给你点报酬来感谢你的介绍
It's good for everyone.
对所有人都有好处
It's a service to the girls and to Mr. Collier.
这为女孩们和科列尔先生都提供了便利
I just need someone to vouch for me with the man.
我只是需要有人替我做担♥保♥
Tell Mr. Collier I'm on the level, no tricks.
告诉科列尔先生我能信得过
I thought since we knew each other from Mr. Speight
我想我们因为斯佩特先生以及医院的事
and other dealings at your hospital, you might be inclined.
认识这么久了 你也许会乐意
And what would your boss, Big Bill Devery,
你的老板 大♥比♥尔·德福里
think of your little scheme?
会怎么看你的小动作
He'd probably want a cut.
他说不定会要求分一杯羹
So let's not ask.
所以还是别问了
It's just I got more mouths
他愿意付我的钱
to feed at home than he's willing to pay.
填不饱家里几口人的肚子
Can you do me this favor, Mr. Barrow?
你能帮我这个忙吗 巴罗先生
Well, you see, Phinny,
要知道 菲尼
these things don't come free.
这些事不是免费的
Well, what do you know? Right on time.
你怎么知道的 时间刚刚好
Punctuality is the politeness of cadence.
守时是最大的礼貌
Is that so?
是那样吗
I'll have to remember that, Harry.
我得记着这个 哈利
Well, we shouldn't keep a paying customer waiting.
我们不能让付了钱的顾客等
And here is the patient herself.
这位是患者本人
Say hello, Mrs. Sung.
打个招呼吧 宋太太
Excuse me, Mr. Cleary.
不好意思 克利里先生
Please, we change our minds
我们改主意了
and we must ask you please to leave.
我们得请你们离开了
What are you talking about, leave?
你说什么呢 离开
Your wife is here to have the procedure.
你太太是来这里做手术的
My wife thinks now the procedure
我太太现在认为
is contrary to the will of God.
这一行为有违上帝的意愿
What do you know about the will of God? You're bloody heathens.
你知道什么上帝的意愿 血腥的异教♥徒♥
We are Christians.
我们是基♥督♥徒
We were converted at the Methodist school in Peking.
我们在北♥京♥的卫理教会学校皈依了
And she's a fucking Catholic nun. Cleary!
她是个他妈的天主教修女 克利里
There's not a higher authority in the land
要说对教义的解释
when it comes to matters of the fucking catechism.
这块土地上没有比她更权威了
God, fucking Methodists.
天啊 他♥娘♥的♥卫理教♥徒♥
Would you get over with the nun?
你就不能不提修女的身份吗
I'm just trying to ease her conscience a bit.
我只是想减轻一点她的内疚感
There, look, she's all docile and ready for you.
看吧 她已经服帖下来做好准备了
So, how shall we begin?
我们要怎么开始呢
You'll be wanting her to strip naked, I suppose.
我觉得你应该会让她脱♥光♥
We'll begin with you leaving the premises at once.
你一离开这房♥间我们就开始
Can't I watch?
我不能看吗
Well, you can't object to me sitting in the kitchen.
我坐在厨房♥里你总不能反对了吧
All right, all right.
好吧 好吧
There's a saloon on the corner.
街角有个酒吧
I'll stand myself a growler.
我去那儿喝一杯
And can stand him one as well.
你可以也请他喝一杯
How long has she been like this?
她这样多久了
Since you left this morning.
你早上离开以后
Poor little thing. She brought up her breakfast
可怜的小东西 她把早饭全吐了
and she hasn't stopped crying long enough to nurse since then.
然后一直哭 连喂奶的机会都没有
Please put her on the table.
把她放到桌子上
We need to get Lillian to the Knick right away.
我们必须马上把莉莲送到尼克
What is it? Go the bedroom, get the baby's things.
怎么了 去卧室收拾好宝宝的东西
I'll call a carriage. What's the matter with her, Everett?
我去叫马车 她怎么了 埃弗雷特
I'll tell you in the carriage.
上了马车我再和你说
No, tell me now.
不 现在就告诉我
She's presenting the symptoms of meningitis.
她出现了脑膜炎的症状
What is that? It's a viral infection of the brain,
那是什么 就是脑部受到病毒感染
and a stiff neck is a common symptom.
斜颈是很常见的症状
I just can't be certain.
我还不能确定
That's why we need to go to the hospital now.
所以我们得马上去医院
Where's Mr. Sung?
宋先生在哪
Oh, you're priceless, you know that?
你真的很厉害 知道吗
You didn't think I was really gonna bend an elbow
你不会真的以为我会跟
with the yellow menace, did you?
那些黄种人喝上一杯吧
You got here quick.
你来得真快
Foam's not even settled on my beer yet.
酒泡都还没消你就来了
I didn't go through with it.
我没完成手术
What the hell are you talking about,
你在说什么啊
you didn't go through with it?
什么叫没完成
She was seven months along. The child had quickened.
她都七个月了 小孩已经进入胎动期了
Fuck does that mean?
这他妈是什么意思
It means she could feel it kicking.
意思是她都能感受到胎动了
Let that be a lesson to you. It would have been a sin.
你就当是个教训吧 差点就造孽了
Stand me one of those.
给我来一杯
Not a very auspicious start to our partnership.
虽然我俩搭档工作没有开个好头
I think you made the right choice
但是我觉得你把我从那支走
frog-marching me out of there, though.
是个正确的决定
No reason both of us should go to Sing Sing
要是你满手是血的被抓了
if the guard were to catch you red-handed,
咱俩可不能全被抓去新新监狱[纽约州]
so to speak.
打个譬喻
You're a real gent, Cleary.
你可真是个不折不扣的绅士啊 克利里
And let no man say otherwise.
继续保持
But the law says that anyone caught aiding or abetting abortion
不过法律上规定协助或教唆流产的人
shall be punished in like manner as the principal offender.
是与主犯同罪的哦
Made a study of law, have you?
仔细研究过法律了是吧
So should you if this is to be your only livelihood
如果医院关门后你只能以此为生的话
after the hospital closes.
你也得好好学学
And who says the hospital is closing?
谁说医院要关门了
The smart money is moving uptown.
聪明钱[抚恤金]都投入到上城区去了
The Knick will have to do the same
尼克要是不想早日关门的话
if it doesn't want to be shuttered.
就得跟着资金走
And there's nothing you nor I
而且这种事情你我甚至是
nor even the great John W. Thackery can do about it,
剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表