剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表
Jesse, how many times I tell you,
杰西 我告诉你多少次了
do not come into my kitchen with them boots on?
不要穿着靴子走进我的厨房♥
I do not need manure all over the floor.
我可不要你在地板上到处施肥
Does that go for me as well?
我是不是也得这样
Algie!
阿尔吉
My boy.
我的宝贝
Oh, what--
怎么--
what is this on your face?
你脸上是怎么回事
The boy saved a life today.
孩子今天救了一个人的命
Well, since when is that news?
这什么时候成了新闻了
Though he could get on a telephone and let us know
虽然他可以打个电♥话♥让我们知道
what he's up to now and
他现在怎么样
then instead of just coming by once in a while.
而不是隔段时间匆匆来一次
The captain has two of them in the house now.
上尉的家里现在有两个电♥话♥
One upstairs and one downstairs,
一个在楼上 一个在楼下
so somebody can always hear it ringing.
所以总有人能听到铃♥声♥
I've been busy.
我太忙了
So busy that you can only come when you get a formal invitation,
忙到只有拿到正式邀请函的时候才来吗
but not to see his lonely mama.
来了也不是看他寂寞的妈妈
Lonely? Jesse, please.
很寂寞吗 拜托 杰西
The horses' been the one get all your attention.
你最关注的可是那些马
Their feet need tending to.
它们的脚可马虎不得
And mine don't?
我的就马虎得
Algie!
阿尔吉
I am so happy you could make it.
你能来真是太好了
I appreciate the invitation.
我很高兴能受到邀请
We're throwing this little welcome-back for Phillip
我们正在为菲利普举办一个小型欢迎会
and I wanted you to meet him.
我希望你能见见他
You're the last of us to give him final approval.
我们这里就差你给他一个首肯了
I don't think you've met Hobart Showalter,
你还没见过霍巴特·肖沃尔特吧
Cornelia's future father-in-law.
科妮莉亚未来的公公
A pleasure, Mr. Showalter.
很高兴见到你 肖沃尔特先生
The Captain speaks very highly of you.
上尉对你评价很高
Says you're a gifted surgeon.
他说你是个很有天赋的外科医生
That is very generous.
太抬举我了
There's no need for modesty, Algernon.
不用这么谦虚 阿尔杰农
You will never meet a Negro with as much ability
你再也找不出第二个像他这么实力出众
and ingenuity as this one.
才华横溢的黑人了
And you let me know if I need to help you with Thackery.
如果要帮忙对付萨克雷就跟我直说
Hobart's in rubber.
霍巴特是从事橡胶业的
Has plantations down in Ecuador.
他在厄瓜多尔有很多种植园
Booming business? Beyond belief.
生意好吗 好得出奇
He's agreed to finance my expansion.
他已经同意要资助我的扩张了
I have no doubt the rewards will be worth any risk.
我相信到时候的回报是值得我赌一把的
Ecuador. I hear the jungles down there can be quite treacherous.
厄瓜多尔 我听说那的当地人很狡猾啊
Don't believe it.
别信这些
The natives are like children,
当地人就跟小孩一样
docile, obedient, and they work for wages so small
又温顺又听话的 工资低得连
that even August here couldn't quarrel with it.
这位奥古斯特都没话说
Yeah, free labor can certainly change the equation.
是啊 免费劳动力总能导致不平等
History has shown us that.
历史已经向我们展示了这一点
It built the pyramids.
金字塔就是这么建起来的
Among other things.
还有很多别的例子
Now, Hobart was saying that he has seen an increase
霍巴特说他发现医疗领域
in demand for rubber in the medical field.
对橡胶制品的需求越来越大
Some interesting new companies.
涌现出了很多有趣的新厂家
A lot of opportunities for a clever man
对于一个有野心的聪明人来说
with greater ambitions.
这全是机遇
It's something you should want to look into.
你应该关注一下这方面
I should indeed.
说得没错
You want to join us?
你想加入我们吗
I'll set you up with a yen tsiang.
我可以给你搞一根烟枪
Jade bowl. Beautiful pipe.
玉边的 烟管很漂亮
And since our meeting at the Hemmings',
我们在海明家见过面后
the health inspector's uncovered three more cases with typhoid.
那个卫生稽查员又发现了三起伤寒病例
All uptown? Yes.
都在富人区吗 是的
There's another group of cases
果园路那边的住♥宅♥区
down in the Orchard Street tenements,
也有一些病例
but Mr. Speight's not sure if they're related.
但是斯佩特先生不确定它们之间有没有关联
I hope you won't be conducting any interviews with those people.
我希望你别再去走访那些人了
Those people are 90% of the patients
尼克病院百分之九十的病人
in the Knick, Mother.
都是这些人 妈妈
Cornelia.
科妮莉亚
Last fall Gloria Ellis and several others
去年秋天格洛丽亚·艾利斯和一些人
took a walking tour of the poor neighborhoods.
去那些贫困社区徒步转了一圈
The Jewish quarter. The Tenderloin.
就是田德隆 那个犹太人区
They had to toss their shoes
他们在回马车上之前
before getting back in their carriages
把鞋子都扔掉了
because they were covered in the most disgusting sludge.
因为他们浑身上下都是些很恶心的污泥
And in my neighborhood,
在我住的地方
we call that sludge the poor man's shoe polish.
我们把这种污泥叫做穷♥人♥的鞋油
Evening, Mrs. Robertson.
晚上好 罗伯森太太
Cornelia.
科妮莉亚
Phillip, I'd like you to meet...
菲利普 容我向你介绍...
Dr. Edwards. What gave me away?
爱德华兹医生吧 你怎么知道的
Are you here to see your mother?
你是来看你妈妈的吗
She's in the back.
她在后面
Actually, Captain Robertson
实际上 罗伯森上尉
sent me a personal invitation for the evening.
以个人名义邀请我来参加晚宴的
Oh, of course he did,
他是这么做了
and we are delighted that you accepted.
真高兴你接受了我们的邀请
Would you excuse me for a moment?
不好意思 我失陪一会
Phillip just arrived back from San Francisco yesterday.
菲利普昨天刚从旧金山回来
Yes, your father was telling me.
我知道 你父亲和我说了
So, are you back for good, then?
那你以后都留在这了吗
For now.
暂时而已
Sometime after the wedding,
婚后过一段时间
Cornelia and I will head out that way again.
科妮莉亚和我就会再去那边的
Neely...
妮莉
you haven't mentioned a move west.
你好像没提过要去西边的事情啊
That's because this is news to me.
因为我也是刚听说这件事
Your father wants someone there on a more permanent basis.
你父亲希望有个能一直待在那边的人
I know the territory better than anyone.
而我比别人更熟悉那块地方
Getting Cornelia out of New York,
你可要费尽心思
you will need all the help you can get.
才能把科妮莉亚从纽约带走
Well, San Francisco is a great city.
旧金山是个好地方
In many ways, more progressive than New York.
在很多方面都比纽约更先进
I shouldn't say that too loudly in here.
我不该讲得这么大声的
Captain, if you will,
上尉 如果你愿意的话
when I point to you, please speak into the horn.
当我指向你的时候 请对着话筒说话
With pleasure, Mr. Edison.
乐意之极 爱迪生先生
This is Captain August Robertson.
我是奥古斯特·罗伯森上尉
I am, I am happy
很高兴 很高兴能由我
to demonstrate this machine.
来演示这个机器
How fortunate we are to be living in these times.
我们何其有幸能生活在这个时代
Very good.
很好
You all right?
你没事吧
Just a little surprised by Phillip's announcement.
只是有点被菲利普说的话吓到了
San Francisco?
旧金山
Might as well be Neptune.
说不定和尼普顿一样
We can always send you some of your father's
如果你想家的话
wax recordings if you get lonely for home.
我可以随时给你寄你父亲的录音
"This is Captain August Robertson."
"我是奥古斯特·罗伯森上尉"
Bravo! Bravo!
真棒 真棒
"...to be living in these times."
"能生活在这个时代"
Oh, listen to that.
听听看
Oh, that's marvelous.
太神奇了
Well done, Mr. Edison. Well done. Thank you. Thank you all.
干得好 爱迪生先生 谢谢大家
Marvelous.
太神奇了
Let's do another. Okay.
我们再来一次 好的
剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表