剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表
这些都是如假包换的
Well, then perhaps you won't mind telling me
那么 你能不能告诉我
the ingredients that make up this miracle potion.
这神奇的药剂都有些什么成分呢
Let's not be coy with each other, Doctor.
我们就别拐着弯说话了 医生
This is a booming market.
这是一个新兴的市场
We want our share of it.
我们也想分一杯羹
Last year Dr. Ayers' Pectoral Plaster,
去年 埃尔斯医生的肺病药膏
Brown's Bronchial Troches,
布朗的支气管片剂
Dr. Corbett's Brain Food,
科比特医生的健脑食品
and Dr. Wordsley's Female Pills
沃斯里医生的女性丸
accounted for $5 million in sales.
销♥售♥额达五百万美元
Dr. Pepper's Brain Tonic is doing so well,
佩珀医生的补脑药大受欢迎
they're serving it at fountains all around the city.
城里的喷泉边上都有人卖♥♥
As much a beverage as it is a remedy.
都要被当成饮料了
You are one of the most respected physicians in the nation.
你是全国最受敬重的医生之一
And with our help,
有了我们的协助
we think we can make you one of the richest as well.
我们也可以让你成为最富有的
And all I have to do is loan you my name?
我只要把名字借给你们就好了吗
Precisely. The money will roll in by the shovelful.
没错 然后钱就会大把地来
You'll be one of the most famous men in America.
你会成为全美国最有名气的人
Nothing, nothing will be beyond your reach.
要什么有什么
Can you give me some time to think about it?
能给我一些时间考虑吗
Absolutely. How much time do you need?
当然 你需要考虑多久
Until hell freezes over.
等到太阳从西边出来
In the meantime, would you be so kind
另外 能不能麻烦你
as to stick your head firmly up your ass?
给我滚远点
Away, you mouldy rogue.
走吧 你个堕落的流氓
Away.
走吧
Thank you. Thank you, sir.
谢谢 谢谢你 先生
Thank you.
谢谢
If you'd like five or six more,
如果你想再吃五六个
we can just keep making circles of the park.
我们可以接着绕公园兜圈子
Making believe we've never met the vendor
每次走到这 都假装
every time we come 'round.
没见过这小贩
How much are your pretzels, sir?
椒盐脆饼怎么卖♥♥ 先生
Really? Well, then I'll try one.
是吗 那我尝一个
So, how are you enjoying the hospital so far?
你在这个医院感觉还好吗
It's been seven weeks.
你来了七个星期了
You've been counting?
你还数了
Well, the place did get a bit rosier when you arrived.
你来了以后 那地方变得美好了些
Do you say that to all the new nurses?
你对每个新来的护士都这么说吗
No, of course not.
不 当然没有
I was only teasing.
我开玩笑的
I know you wouldn't do that.
我知道你不会的
Because I wouldn't.
我确实不会
My mother says the first time you meet someone,
我母亲说 第一次见到一个人
in that moment, you can know their soul.
那一刻 就能看清他的灵魂
I wish I knew that when we first met.
真希望我们初次见面时 我就知道这个
You were helping an edema patient into bed.
你在帮忙把一个水肿病人放到病床上
So you remember the first time you saw me?
你还记得第一次见到我的情景吗
Don't go getting full of yourself.
别太得意
I also remember the first time I saw Mr. Pouncey
我也记得第一次见到旁西先生时
and he was picking at his ear with a twig.
他在用小树枝挖耳朵呢
I'm not sure it's true
我不知道是不是
you can know someone from the first moment,
第一次见一个人 就能看透他
but maybe you can get to know them from some other moment.
但或许能在别的时刻了解他
Even the hardest people can surprise you.
最冷酷的人 也可能带给你意外
That's where Dr. Thackery lives.
萨克雷医生就住那儿
I know.
我知道
It's nicer inside than you might think.
里面比你想象的要漂亮
Have you been inside?
你进去过吗
When you had me fetch him for the bowel repair.
你让我去找他来做肠管手术的时候
Right. Right.
对了 对了
The evening of Mr. Gentile's miraculous nerve block.
詹迪勒先生奇迹般地神经阻滞的那个晚上
He had me inside while he readied himself.
他做准备的时候让我进去了
That was quite a day.
真是特别的一天
It certainly was.
确实特别
There's no one like Thackery.
萨克雷很与众不同
No, there isn't.
的确
I tried to explain it to my father and he just scoffs.
我试过跟我父亲解释 可他只会嘲笑
He wants me to join his practice at Columbia.
他要我和他一起去哥伦比亚行医
But why would I do that
可我为什么要去呢
when I could be watching the man invent the future
在这里 我可以看着这个人在我面前
right in front of me?
创造未来
To work so closely with a surgeon of his genius,
和这样一位天才外科医生共事
it's Intoxicating?
真是... 兴奋吗
Yeah.
是啊
It means a lot to me that you understand.
你能理解 这对我很重要
I do.
我理解
I just realized I don't even like pretzels.
我发现 我根本不喜欢椒盐脆饼
I, uh...
我...
I don't know why I bought that.
真不知道我为什么要买♥♥
Best not fix on going toe-to-toe with the Big Nig.
还是别想着和大黑鬼单挑了
He ain't no free swinger.
他可不是吃素的
A fella your size can get inside and surprise.
你这种个头 去见识见识才知道
The man's trained. Professional-like.
他是训练过的 专业水平
Knocked out Jake Kilrain in five.
五秒钟就把杰克·吉尔雷恩[职业拳击手]打倒了
Floored Mexican Pete Everett seven times
墨西哥人皮特·埃弗雷特被他击倒七次
before they stopped it.
接着他们喊停了
And took Tom Sharkey all the way
汤姆·沙尔基被他一路狂揍
to the bloodiest draw I ever saw.
我从没见过那么血腥的场面
The Big Nig will kill a man like you in that alley
大黑鬼可以在那巷子里把你干掉
and never break a sweat.
不费吹灰之力
...Thursday, then I might be too late.
周四的话 我就得晚了
You know?
知道吗
What?
干什么
My deepest sympathies to you both.
我向两位致以最深切的慰问
Thank you, Sister.
谢谢你 修女
I can only imagine the tremendous pain in your hearts right now.
无法想像你们此刻经受着多大的痛苦
God knows your suffering.
上帝知道你们的痛苦
I hope you know He's here with you.
希望你们知道他与你们同在
She's going to get better.
她会好起来的
Who, dear?
谁 亲爱的
Lillian.
莉莲
God will bring her back to us.
上帝会把她带回给我们的
Eleanor.
埃莉诺
You'll say a prayer, Sister?
你会祈祷的 对吗 修女
A prayer for Lillian's return to health?
祈祷莉莲恢复健康
Of course.
当然
Dr. Gallinger, may I have a word with you for a moment?
加林格医生 方便借一步说话吗
Of course.
当然
She won't accept it.
她不肯面对现实
She even prepared breakfast for Lillian this morning.
早上还给莉莲做了早饭
It's not uncommon.
很正常
Once you place Lillian in the ground,
等你把莉莲下葬以后
I don't envy the powerful wave of melancholia
抑郁的巨浪会席卷这座房♥子
that will engulf this house.
我觉得情况会更糟
Perhaps there might be a solution to help ease your loss.
有个办法也许可以帮你们缓解伤痛
What is it?
是什么
Recently a very young baby, a girl,
最近在孤儿院门前的台阶上
was found on the doorstep of the orphanage.
我们捡到了一个很小的女婴
I understand my impertinence,
我知道这样有些冒昧
but I've seen many a grieving mother.
但是我见过很多伤心的母亲
Death takes not only the soul of the child,
死亡不仅是带走孩子
but can destroy the souls of those left behind.
还会摧毁留下的人
If Eleanor can hold a baby, nurture it,
如果埃莉诺能够有个孩子 悉心照料
you can begin to find your way again to heal.
你们就能够逐渐恢复起来
All I ask is that you consider it.
请你考虑一下
What are you doing here?
你在这里干什么
We have business to tend to.
我们有生意
May I help you?
剧集 | 尼克病院(2014) | 导航列表