剧集 | 重任在肩 | 导航列表
Yeah. Sure.
私下里说一句
Off the record,
柯顿督察曾向我施压
DI Cottan put pressure on me
不要把在丹尼·沃登公♥寓♥发现的信封的
not to tell Steve about the additional forensics
追加鉴证结果告诉史蒂夫
on the envelope found in Danny Waldron's flat.
谢谢 梅妮特
Cheers, Maneet.
他来了 长官
He's here, sir.
怎么样
And?
他可说不上是很开心
Well, I can't say he's very happy.
默顿警员 可以跟我们来吗
DC Morton, would you mind coming with us?
默顿警员
DC Morton?
不给我保证我哪也不去
I'm not coming anywhere till I get some assurances.
什么保证
Assurances of what?
三个字
Four things.
豁免权
Im-mu-ni-ty.
长官
Sir.
柯顿督察
DI Cottan.
关于什么的问题 长官
Questions about what, sir?
你想什么时候做 长官
And when do you want to do this, sir?
不 我乐意帮忙
No. No, I'm happy to assist.
好了
All right.
我们开始吧
Let's do this.
早
Morning.
听我一句
A word to the wise.
阿诺特或柯顿 如果他们真有哪个是害群之马
Arnott or Cottan, if either turns out to be a bad apple,
那也是单独行事
he's acting alone.
他们不能被与更大的阴谋联♥系♥起来
They can't be connected to any wider conspiracy.
这样啊
I see.
那帕特里克·费尔班克也是吗
And Patrick Fairbank the same?
我们认为他的法律团队确有依据
We feel his legal team have a strong case.
他的痴呆能让他免于上庭
His dementia precludes a trial.
他或许遗忘了一些重要细节
He might have forgotten some important details.
没错
Exactly.
或者更糟的是
Or worse still...
他可能还记得
..He might remember them.
你这什么意思
What are you saying?
我终于明白警务犯罪专员为什么派你来了
You see, I finally understand why you were appointed by the PCC.
我才是个麻烦
I'm the loose cannon here.
如果我看到了黑警 我就会穷追不舍
You know, if I see a bent copper, I'll go after him,
不管官阶多高 不管造成什么政♥治♥问题
irrespective of rank or political expediency.
我不会为顾及公♥关♥而道歉的
I'm not gonna apologise for having one eye on the PR.
反腐是一把双刃剑
Anticorruption is a double-edged sword.
我们得找到够多的黑警
We need to find just enough bent coppers
以避免被指掩盖
to avoid accusations of a cover-up,
但又不能抓太多出来
but not so many
以免让公众开始担心警♥察♥是否还值得信任
that the public starts to wonder if the police can be trusted.
所以我们就让帕特里克·费尔班克漏网
So we let Patrick Fairbank just slip through the net
因为他可能牵连到的
because of all the peers and the politicians
那些同僚和政客
and the police officers he might implicate?
而与此同时 我们去追查
Meanwhile, we go back to chasing
DJ和游戏竞赛节目主持人
disc jockeys and, what, game-show hosts?
-我只是在尽职 -我也是
- I'm just doing my job. - And I'm doing mine.
我的职责就是抓黑警
And it's called nicking bent coppers!
我才不管是有一匹害群之马
And I don't care whether it's one rotten apple
还是有一整群
or the whole bloody barrel!
有道线 叫对与错
There's a line - it's called right and wrong -
我知道我的责任
and I know which side...
在哪一边
..My duty lies.
你还是向警务犯罪专员递交辞呈吧
So why don't you write a nice letter of resignation to the PCC
否则我发誓
or I swear to God,
我会把你跟他们一起拖下水
I will drag you down with the rest of them.
在昨晚对阿诺特警长的询问中
In last night's interview of DS Arnott,
你提交了一份证据 MRC-2号♥物件
you produced a piece of evidence, item reference MRC-2,
也就是在丹尼·沃登公♥寓♥
namely the golf tee in the envelope
发现的信封里的高尔夫球钉
found at Danny Waldron's flat.
不知你是否能更详细地说明一下
I wonder if you could explain in a little bit more detail
你是怎样发现这件证据的
how you came by this piece of evidence?
我不太明白您是什么意思 长官
I'm not sure I understand what you're driving at, sir.
搜查时有六个人呢
Well, there were a half a dozen of you on that search.
怎么其他人都没看见它
How come no-one else saw it?
你是逼他们都发誓保密了吗
Did you swear them all to secrecy or what?
这样啊 长官 不是
Oh, I see, sir. Er, no.
是这样的 我们发现了一把非法武器
What happened was, we detected an illegal firearm.
我派了一名警♥察♥赶紧去叫一个受过武器训练的人来
I sent an officer to bring someone with firearms training, urgently,
以安全保管这件武器
so as to secure the firearm.
我当时有道理地担心
I had the legitimate concern
武器不安全 或有机关
it wasn't safe or it was booby-trapped
就在这时 我看到了信封里的高尔夫球钉
and it was then I saw the golf tee in the envelope.
所以
So...
在没有其他人看到的情况下
..With no-one else watching you,
你拿走了这件证据
you seized this piece of evidence?
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
你对高尔夫球钉进行鉴证检验了吗
Did you order forensics on the golf tee?
是的 但没有重要发现
I did, but there were no notable findings.
你对信封内部进行鉴证检验了吗
Did you order forensics on the inside of the envelope?
是的 长官
Yes, sir.
什么时候
When?
我们最初忽略了这一点
Well, this was something we omitted in the first instance,
但在之后的调查里补救了
but rectified as the inquiry progressed.
你是否向一个下属施压
Did you put pressure on a junior rank
不要将鉴证结果告诉阿诺特警长
not to disclose the forensics to DS Arnott?
是的
Yes.
为什么
Why?
史蒂夫·阿诺特想编造指控
Steve Arnott was concocting accusations
说我没好好尽职
I wasn't doing my job properly.
我只是不想给他更多口实
I didn't want to give him any ammunition.
所以
So...
你确实遗漏了一件关键证据
you actually missed a crucial piece of evidence.
这...
Well...
鉴证检验在信封内发现了墨迹和血迹
Forensics detected ink and blood on the inside of that envelope.
这表明信封里曾放过沾血的字条
That suggests there was a blood-stained note inside the envelope.
但里面没有
There wasn't, though.
高尔夫球钉上没有墨迹和血迹吗
No ink or blood on the golf tee?
怎么 丹尼·沃登肯定是把字条拿走后
So? What? Danny Waldron must have put it in there
再放进球钉的吗
after he'd removed the note?
这张字条
Look, this note,
有人在拿它小题大做
some people have been making a mountain out of a mole hill.
如果这真那么重要
If it was such an issue,
我♥干♥吗不干脆把信封藏起来
why didn't I just pocket the envelope?
也没人会知道
And no-one would be any the wiser.
我可没那么做
Which I didn't do, by the way.
或许已经有搜查队里的
Maybe the envelope had already been seen
其他人看到了信封 但没看到里面有什么
by somebody else on the search team, but the contents hadn't.
我发现了一枚高尔夫球钉
I found a golf tee.
我一直待在那支枪旁边
I remained in the vicinity of the firearm
直到有名警♥察♥来把它安全取走
until an officer arrived to make it safe.
如果那张字条不见了
Now, if that note went walkabout,
也是丹尼·沃登在我们赶到前就取走了它
it's because Danny Waldron moved it before we got there.
说到底 遗漏鉴证检验
In the end, missing the forensics
对此案并无影响
made no difference to the inquiry whatsoever.
那正是我们想确定的事之一 柯顿督察
That's one of the things we're here to determine, DI Cottan
这要由我来判断 谢谢了
and I'll be the judge of that, thank you.
弗莱明警员 继续
DC Fleming, moving on.
EGH-1号♥物件
Item reference EGH-1.
EGH-1号♥物件是一份罗南·墨菲的案卷
EGH-1 is an intelligence file on Ronan Murphy,
即丹尼·沃登击毙的嫌疑人
the suspect shot dead by Danny Waldron.
整个调查就从这里开始
It's where this whole inquiry started.
但其中缺失了一些信息
And it omitted information
这些信息本可让我们把罗南·墨菲
that would have allowed us to connect Ronan Murphy
跟已知高阶罪犯汤米·亨特联♥系♥起来
to known high-ranking criminal Tommy Hunter
以及跟历史性儿童性♥虐♥待掩盖联♥系♥起来
剧集 | 重任在肩 | 导航列表