剧集 | 重任在肩 | 导航列表
在7月7日的询问时 我们给你看了这份影印本
You were shown this photocopy in your interview on July 7th.
这都是近20年前的事了
It's from near on 20 years ago.
你不记得这份报告了
You don't recall the report?
我不记得这份报告了
I don't recall the report.
麻烦你翻到报告末尾
If you could go to the end of the report.
我们还给你看了高级调查员向多个人
You were shown that a number of individuals had been copied in
抄送了这份报告
by the senior investigating officer.
我得戴上我的
I'll have to put my...
眼镜
glasses on.
好
Right...
7月7日时 我们给你看了抄送名单
You were shown on July 7th, that according to the distribution list,
98年11月时 这份报告也被抄送给你了
you were sent a copy of this report in November '98.
对
Yeah.
看来是抄送给了我一份
Seems I was sent one.
天知道我收到没或读过没
God knows whether I got it or read it.
在当时 98年11月 你的职位是
And during this time, November '98, what was your position?
-我是风化组负责人 -对
- I ran Vice. - Yeah.
那风化组负责人怎么会被抄送一份
And why was the head of Vice been copied into a report
-失踪社工的报告呢 -我真不知道
- on a missing social worker? - I have absolutely no idea.
我听着像是行政失误
It sounds like an admin error to me.
行政失误吗
An administrative error?
我只是猜测 我也不知道 抱歉
Well, I'm surmising. I've no idea. Sorry.
文件夹里的3号♥文件
Document 3 in your folders.
3号♥文件是一份98年11月21日的报告的影印本
Document 3 is a photocopy of a report dated 21 of November '98,
是关于奥利弗·斯蒂文斯-劳埃德的自杀
on death by suicide of Oliver Stephens-Lloyd.
斯蒂文斯-劳埃德称曾交给你
Stephens-Lloyd claimed to have furnished you
一份沙景虐待者的名单
with a list of names of abusers at Sands View.
不久后 他便失去了工作
Shortly afterwards, he was dismissed from his position,
三个月后 他便死亡
and three months later he was found dead.
我不知道什么名单的事
I don't know anything about a list
也不知道这可怜人的事
and I don't know anything about this poor fella.
凶案组已经重启了
Well, the Murder Squad have reopened
对奥利弗·斯蒂文斯-劳埃德之死的调查
the inquiry into the death of Oliver Stephens-Lloyd.
好
Right.
哎呀 泰德 这事...
Well, now, Ted, this is...
还真严重了
getting serious.
这对你也是个机会
This is also an opportunity for you
可以澄清一些让我们颇为苦恼的事
to clarify a number of issues that are causing us some vexation.
你知道我想帮忙的
Well, you know I want to help.
我们感激不尽
And we're very grateful.
弗莱明警员
DC Fleming.
5号♥文件是一份内政部法医
Document 5 is a recent postmortem examination
近期做的尸检报告
from the Home Office pathologist.
斯蒂文斯-劳埃德很可能是
It's likely that Stephens-Lloyd was
被人用钝器击中头部
struck over the head with a blunt instrument
然后丢进河里淹死的
and then thrown into the river to drown.
所以不是自杀
So, not suicide.
-而是他杀 -我能理解你的困扰了 泰德
- Murder. - Well, I can see why you're troubled, Ted,
但我们部门可跟这起调查没关系
but my department had no involvement in that investigation.
我们询问了
Well, we interviewed the officers
进行调查的警♥察♥
who carried out this investigation.
凶案组向我们提供了一份口供
We have a statement obtained by Murder Squad
是一位当时的警员
from an officer who was a DC at the time,
他说高级调查员
stating that the senior investigating officer,
马库斯·瑟维尔督察
DI Marcus Thurwell,
告诉他这是一起自杀
advised him the death was suicide
所有不符合自杀的证据都不要公布
and anything that didn't fit should be kept to themselves.
瑟维尔为什么这么急切地
Now, why would Thurwell be so eager
想证明这是自杀呢
to prove that it was a suicide?
我真不知道
I haven't the foggiest.
你记得温蒂·赖德这个名字吗
Do you recall the name Wendy Rider?
我想我们现在都知道了 我不擅长记名字
Well, I think we all know by now that I'm hopeless with names.
温蒂·赖德对你提出了投诉
Wendy Rider lodged a complaint against you
事关她儿子 格雷格里·赖德
in respect of her son, Gregory Rider.
格雷格里·赖德曾在沙景男童院寄宿
Gregory Rider was a resident at Sands View Boys' Home
据称遭到了你的好哥们戴尔·罗奇的虐待
and was allegedly abused by your best mate Dale Roach.
好吧 泰德
Right, Ted.
这可应该是场友好的对话
Now, this was meant to be a friendly conversation.
但你的警员 不管她叫什么
But your DC, whatever her name is,
刚刚的语气我可不喜欢
has just struck a tone that I don't warm to.
弗莱明警员
DC Fleming.
如果我有冒犯我表示道歉
My apologies if I've caused offence.
我们非常感激您的配合 先生
We are most grateful for your cooperation, sir.
我跟罗奇议员只是泛泛之交
I knew Councillor Roach from a distance,
远不算熟悉
a very great distance.
再次回到我们7月7日对你的询问 你说
Going back to your interview with us on July 7th, you stated,
"如果出现这种指控
"When these things came up
肯定是会调查的"
they would have been looked into."
你是否坚持这句话
Do you stand by that statement?
如果你都写下来了 那我肯定说了
Well, I must've said it if you've written it down.
你能否告诉我们你是怎么调查
Can you inform us how you investigated
赖德太太针对戴尔·罗奇的指控的
the allegations made by Mrs Rider against Dale Roach?
-案卷里肯定有 -我们查了 没有
- It'll be in the files. - We looked. It's not in the files.
我当时是高级警司 不是杂工
I was Chief Superintendent, not the office boy.
如果有记录丢失 那可跟我无关
If records have gone missing, that's got nothing to do with me.
赖德太太说
Mrs Rider says
她被告知你亲自进行了询问
that she was informed that you carried out this interview yourself,
而且并未提起起诉
and that no charge resulted.
那肯定是因为
Well, that must be because the
针对戴尔的指控被证实是不实的
allegations against Dale proved groundless.
-"戴尔" -罗奇议员
- "Dale"? - Councillor Roach.
你怎么没对此做任何记录
Why did you not keep any records of this?
又来了
Here we go again.
我当时是高级...
I was Chief...
警司 我知道 不是杂工
Superintendent. Yeah, I know, not the office boy,
但这可是你的部门
but this was your department,
而这又是一项很严肃的指控
and this was a very serious allegation
针对一个显赫的公众人物
against a prominent, you know, public individual.
我想不到任何原因
Me, I can't think of any reason in the world
你会不想亲自查办此事
why you wouldn't have wanted to be across all this yourself,
以及为何调查没留记录
and why there is no record of the investigation.
除非根本没有调查
Unless there was no investigation.
除非你当时把一切掩盖了起来
Unless you were sweeping all this under the carpet
好保护你的朋友
to protect your friend.
是否曾有沙景的男孩
Did any of the boys at Sands View
向你或任何你所知的警♥察♥
complain about sexual abuse to you
举报过性♥虐♥待的事
or any of the officers you knew of?
当然没有 绝对没有
God, no. Absolutely not.
因为如果有 你肯定会调查的
Because you would have investigated?
当然 绝对的
Correct. 100% correct.
你和你的事务律师在这次自愿询问前
You and your solicitor have a written request
收到了一份来自一个
from a police officer of inspector rank,
独♥立♥于本次调查的督察
independent of this inquiry,
提交的书面申请
and prior to this voluntary interview,
请求你参与一个视频指认
requesting your participation in a video identification process.
费尔班克先生不愿参与这样的指认
Mr Fairbank is reluctant to submit himself to a process
因为指认者的记忆到现在肯定已经很不可靠了
dependent on what must by now be extremely unreliable memories.
好吧
Ok.
弗莱明警员
DC Fleming.
ASJ-76号♥物件
Item reference ASJ-76
一份剪报 日期为97年3月14日
is a newspaper cutting dated 14 March, '97.
你认得这张照片吗
Do you recognise this image?
是我和罗奇议员
It's me and Councillor Roach.
你跟这个慈善活动有什么关系
What was your connection with the charity?
如果他觉得能进行
Well, I would be there, at his invitation,
犯罪预防教育 就会邀我去
if he thought there was a crime-prevention angle.
教育小伙子们别违法
Keeping young lads this side of the law...
什么的
sort of thing.
ASJ-116号♥物件
Item reference ASJ-116.
ASJ-116号♥物件是一份剪报
ASJ-116 is a newspaper clipping
剧集 | 重任在肩 | 导航列表