剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表
I guess we'll have stock ticker and mail now.
我们现在有股票行情和邮件了
Great, we'll be bleeding edge for 1979.
好极了 咱们走在79年技术最前沿了
You know, there are blueprints to build mail out
邮件系统有模板的
because it's been around forever.
因为到处都在用
It wouldn't take that long.
这个不会花太久
Cool. Thanks. Just trying to help.
棒 谢了 我只是想帮忙
Look, I just-- I don't know what choice we have.
我不知道我们还有什么选择
You could fake UNIX.
可以假造UNIX系统
Make it look like Mutiny is running on the AT&T,
伪装成穆特尼在AT&T上运行的样子
get your better rate locked in now,
先把低价合同签下来
actually go multiplatform at your leisure.
以后有空慢慢搞多平台移植
I talked to him this morning and he knows the script, sure,
我今天早上跟他聊过 他懂编程没错
but his actual tech knowledge is really limited.
但他的技术知识很有限
If you get him in here tomorrow morning
你们明早叫他过来
and you sit him down at a demo, and if it looked real enough--
让他看演示程序 如果做得足够逼真
No, the boot and interface screens
不行 6♥4♥和AT&T的
for the 6♥4♥ and the AT&T are completely different.
启动过程和界面完全不同
Yeah, but we can paint the screens however we want.
没错 但是屏幕的样子我们可以随便弄
I mean, write a Commodore program
写个康懋达程序
that makes it look just like the AT&T.
让它看起来跟AT&T一样
But Joe would know that porting
但乔知道移植到
to an OS like UNIX would take longer than 24 hours.
UNIX这样的操作系统上需要一天以上
Would he?
是吗
What, you're gonna say, "Bad idea"?
怎么 你要说"烂主意"吗
It is a bad idea.
这就是烂主意
So we run the demo off a C6♥4♥
我们在康懋达6♥4♥上运行演示程序
and we don't invite him till tomorrow night.
等到明晚再叫他过来
The goal is simple: replace the guts of this AT&T box
目标很简单 将这台AT&T电脑
with those of a Commodore,
内里换成康懋达的
hook up the video cards inside to the monochrome CRT.
将里面的显卡跟单色显像管连起来
When Joe boots up, he'll think he's running UNIX,
乔启动时 他会以为是在操作UNIX系统
but really it'll be our 6♥4♥.
但其实是我们的6♥4♥
A wolf in UNIX clothing.
披着UNIX皮的狼
Okay, screwdriver.
好了 螺丝刀
The thing only has enough room for an internal serial modem.
这东西里面只能放下一个内置串行调制解调器
How the hell are we supposed to fit an external Hayes box inside?
要怎么把外置调制解调器放进去啊
Let alone the Commodore cards. We could lay the cards flat
还有康懋达的功能卡呢 我们可以把卡
and connect them out the back with ribbon cables.
放在外面 用排线连起来
The metal connections will touch the case and each other
金属接头会跟机箱和彼此接触到
and short everything out. We could put cardboard between.
造成短路 可以在之间塞纸板
Well, then we'll have a cooling problem,
那就又产生冷却问题了
if we can even fit the fan.
如果还能放下风扇的话
Unless we don't even use a fan.
除非 我们不用风扇
Yeah, we just turn it on before he gets here
嗯 他进门前打开
and kick him out before it melts.
在融坏前赶他走
Or you could just take your time, do it for real.
或者你们可以慢慢来 真做出来
Well, we don't have that kind of time at $5 an hour.
时租费5块 我们耗不起
So it's about price, it's not about Joe.
那么是为了价钱 不是为了乔喽
No, it's about both.
两者都有
It's about not letting him dictate our vision.
不能让他来左右我们的设想
But couldn't this make Mutiny better,
但他要求的这些东西
these things that he wants?
是不是能让穆特尼变得更好呢
All right, I'll leave you to it.
好吧 我不打扰你们了
You always were the prodigy.
你一向是天才的那个
Mm, not with transmissions.
变速器方面可不行
You always kicked my ass at those.
你在那方面一向比我强
You think that stuff made you sick?
你觉得是那东西害你得病的吗
Maybe, but that time in the shop made me an engineer, you know?
可能吧 但在汽修店工作让我成为了工程师
Guts in a machine equals guts in a machine.
机器的内部结构都是一个道理
You know, I bet Dad wishes you had stayed behind to run the shop.
爸爸肯定希望是你留下照顾汽修店
Hey, why don't I borrow your truck tomorrow?
我明天借你的车开开吧
I'll head up to Sacramento, talk to Dad?
我去萨克拉门托 跟爸爸谈谈
Yeah.
好啊
Yeah, of course. Yeah.
好啊 行
Um, I should warn you, though, that some...
但我得跟你说一声
some jag-off backed into it a week or so ago
一周前左右 有个混♥蛋♥倒车撞到我了
and so there's just one headlight.
现在只剩一个车前灯了
I know. I'll be careful.
好 我会小心的
It's really good to see you, brother. Yeah.
很高兴能再见到你 弟弟 嗯
Hey, thanks for meeting me.
谢谢你来见我
Not a problem. So where you wanna have this talk?
没事 你想去哪谈
Hop in.
上车
So, how often during the work week?
工作周去的多频繁
Well, a little less since that bar fight,
上次酒吧斗殴之后少一些了
but probably still three, four days,
但还是有三四天吧
often before noon.
大都是上午
Does Wendy know? Oh, she knows.
温蒂知道吗 是的
And the truck?
车呢
He stayed till after close a couple weeks ago.
几周前 他一直待到关门后
Next day, he said he swerved to avoid a deer.
第二天 他说为避一只鹿撞车了
Yeah, I called my dad.
嗯 我打给了爸爸
Although, it was a rabbit when he heard that story.
不过他听到的故事里是兔子
So, anyway, that's the boring-ass story of your alcoholic brother.
总之 这就是你酒鬼哥哥的无聊故事
If you've heard enough, I think I'll get home to my kid,
如果你听够了 我就回家去照顾孩子了
stop narcing on my high school boyfriend.
不再唠叨我的高中男友了
Hell, I got weed in my purse right now.
我包里现在就有大♥麻♥呢
Call myself a mother.
还好意思自称妈妈
What?
怎么了
I'm sure you're a great mother.
我相信你一定是个好妈妈
I was also thinking how great weed sounds to me right now.
我还觉得大♥麻♥现在听起来很诱人
The external modem is not gonna fit.
外置调制解调器装不下
The box, it's big enough, but it's not tall enough, okay?
机箱够大 但不够高
The L clips on the 6♥4♥ serial port, they're too high.
6♥4♥串行端口的L型锁扣太高
We had to hacksaw them down.
我们还得锯矮
Yeah, but an external modem will give it away.
但外置调制解调器就露馅了
We can't...
所以不能...
Could we fake an online connection?
能不能假装在联网呢
Have Joe dial into the network, but he's actually just linked
让乔拨号♥上网 但其实只是跟
to another Commodore in the house?
屋里的另一台康懋达相连
I have completely corrupted you. That's a great idea.
我真把你教坏了 好主意
But what cable's gonna be fast enough
但什么线传输速度够快
and also not completely give it away by being out in the open?
露在外面又不会被人识破呢
Wait, what if we...
等等 如果我们...
Carl, did you guys ever get the HBO working?
卡尔 你们把HBO连好了吗
Uh, kind of. Like, we watched "Cat People" the other night.
算是吧 我们那天晚上看《豹妹》
You could see about half a boob, which we...
可以看到半个奶♥子♥...
Oh, my God! The coax.
天呐 同轴电缆
Yes. 10BROAD36.
嗯 10BROAD36[以太网一种网络标准]
We can use Ethernet encoding.
我们可以用以太网编码
Plus... plus, the cable's already hidden along the walls.
而且 电缆就预埋在墙里
We can just adjust it where we need to.
我们只需要调到我们需要的地方
We'll still need to hear a modem, though.
但我们还得弄出调制解调器的声音
Bodie? Yeah?
博迪 什么事
Do you still have that little recorder?
你还有那台小录音机吗
Okay, go record the modem connecting.
去录一段调制解调器连接的声音
Then we'll pull out the recorder's power switch,
然后扯出录音机的电源开关
we'll run wires up it,
在上面接线
stash the whole thing in the AT&T... Someone pinches the wires
塞进AT&T的机器里 找人把线捏在一起
and then it triggers the recording. On it.
就播放录音 这就去
Okay, how much time do you need for the coax? Two hours, tops.
同轴电缆改装要多久 至多两小时
Oh, my God, I was so paranoid after that first experience.
天呐 我第一次抽之后特别疑神疑鬼
I think I stopped getting high till college.
我好像到大学前都没再抽
And then you made up for it.
然后又补上了
I totally made up for it. It was Berkeley.
是啊 那可是伯克利啊
Yeah, yeah, you were always the smart one.
是啊 你一直是聪明的那个
If I was so smart, why'd you go out with Henry?
你如果觉得我聪明 为什么跟亨利约会
I was 16. He was the cute one.
我当时才16 他比较帅
Oh, jeez!
天呐
He was never as funny as you.
他一向不如你风趣
Henry could catch a pass,
亨利接得一手好球
剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表