剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表
Pretty innovative, huh?
挺有创意的吧
You know, I've been doing some innovative stuff at Westgroup Energy.
我也在西方集团能源做一些革新性的工作
Oil's taking a big hit and the industry needs to diversify, so...
石油产业正遭受重创 需要多样化
It's a perfect moment to take Westgroup into the Information Age.
这是把西方集团带进信息时代的绝佳时机
Um, have you heard about time-sharing?
听说过分时吗
Yeah, I've heard of time-sharing.
听说过
Westgroup's got a brand-spankin'-new IBM 3090 mainframe
西方集团有一台全新的IBM 3090主机
still in beta at headquarters downtown.
仍在公测阶段 放在市区总部
I'm starting there
先从那里入手
and then moving to the 3081 in London and New York.
下一步就是伦敦和纽约的3081主机
Wow, shit. Profit margins will be huge.
天呐 利润率肯定很大
Yeah, it'll make ARPANET look like two tin cans and a fishing line.
是啊 比起来 阿帕网就像个土电♥话♥
So I'm looking for a ground-floor engineer
我需要一个底层工程师
to convert the mainframes for outside dial-in access.
修改主机配置 实现外部接入
Wait, you're not trying to sell me on this, are you?
慢着 你不是在挖我吧
No, we're just talking. You're reading too much into it.
不 我们只是聊聊 你太多心了
I'm looking for someone. You're the best engineer I know.
我要找个人 你是我认识的最棒的工程师
I wanted to give you the first right of refusal.
我想先来问过你
Be flattered.
你应该高兴
I am flattered, all right? And I refuse.
我是很高兴 而且我拒绝
I thought we were getting along. We are getting along.
我还以为咱们处得不错呢 的确不错
Let's not ruin it by jumping back into business together.
不要谈合作了 免得毁了这份关系
Come on, it's one day's work.
来嘛 就干一天
They're still running Cardiff Systems software.
他们用的还是卡迪夫系统的软件
You could do it with your eyes closed.
你闭着眼睛都能搞定
When you invited me and Donna to dinner last week,
你上周邀请我和唐娜共进晚餐
was that to butter me up for this?
是为了讨好我 让我帮你吗
I didn't even have this idea when I invited you to dinner.
我请你们吃饭的时候还没想到这个呢
Is Sara even your fiance,
莎拉是你未婚妻吗
or is that just some person that you hired
还是你雇来的
to make yourself seem normal and trustworthy?
好让别人觉得你正常 值得信任
Now you just sound crazy.
这话听起来太疯狂了
No, crazy is doing the same thing over and over again
不 疯狂是一遍遍重复做同样的事
and expecting a different result.
还指望得到不同的结果
You do understand this area of tech is exploding, right?
你知道这个技术领域正在爆♥炸♥性增长吧
In 18 months, we'll be bigger than CompuServe by a power of five.
过个一年半 咱们的规模会比计算机服务大五倍
Where will you be in 18 months?
你一年半后会在哪里
I don't know.
不好说
Maybe drinking mai tais poolside in Maui
也许花着我靠巨人赚来的钱
off all the money I made on the Giant.
躺在毛伊岛的泳池边喝鸡尾酒
I'm sorry, Joe. You're gonna have to find somebody else.
对不起 乔 你还是找别人吧
Oh, hey there, son. Is your daddy home? No.
小伙子 你♥爸♥爸在家吗 没在家
When do you expect him?
他什么时候回来
Well, that's the million-dollar question.
这问题谁都想知道呢
Look, whatever you're selling, I'm not interested.
不管你卖♥♥什么 我都没兴趣
Ma'am, I'm not selling anything.
夫人 我不是来卖♥♥东西的
My name's John Bosworth, by the way.
我名叫约翰·博斯沃思
I'm head of Customer Satisfaction at a company called Mutiny.
我是一家叫穆特尼的公♥司♥的客户满意度部主管
I just came by this morning to apologize to your son here
我今早过来 只是想向您儿子
about all our network hassles this week
为这周网络的扰动而道歉
and see what I can do to bring him back into the Mutiny family.
并想办法劝他回到穆特尼的大家庭里
Nothing. I'm the one that cancelled the subscription, okay?
不必了 是我取消了订阅
He's been racking up hundreds of dollars on my credit card.
他用我的信♥用♥卡♥刷了上百美元
Can't remember the last time that he had a friend home from school.
我都不记得他多久没往家里带学校的小伙伴了
I mean...
我是说...
You video game companies are no better than drug peddlers.
你们这些电子游戏公♥司♥和毒贩子差不多
Oh, I'm sorry, ma'am. I didn't realize our services
对不起 夫人 没想到我们的服务
had disrupted your boy's social life.
影响了您儿子的社交生活
What grade are you in, son? Ninth.
你几年级了 孩子 九年级
Yeah, your mama's right.
你妈妈说得对
You gotta spend more time with your buddies at school.
你应该多花点时间和学校里的朋友玩
All they talk about is sports.
他们只会聊体育
Well, that's not true. What about Gavin?
不是这样的 加文呢
Have any of these Mutiny users become friends of yours?
你有和穆特尼的用户成为朋友吗
Oh, yeah, like 32.
有 大概32个吧
Well, that I talk to regularly.
就是经常和我聊天的
Maybe six or seven that just want to play against me,
有六七个只想跟我一较高下
which is also fun.
但是也挺有意思的
I don't understand how you're talking to all these people.
我都不懂你是怎么跟那帮人交流的
I never hear a peep out of you when you're down there.
你玩电脑时明明一句话都不说啊
My mother's a Luddite.
我妈妈是个老古董
We type messages to each other.
我们给对方发送信息
That's how you talk online.
网上就是这么交流的
Ma'am, you and I are too old school to understand this,
太太 我们俩都太过时了 没法理解他们
but to your son here and his friends,
但对于您儿子和他的朋友来说
Mutiny is the church.
穆特尼就是他们的教堂
It's where they find community.
他们能在那里找到与自己志同道合的人
Sometimes that's the only place.
有时候也只在那里能找到
You have a good day.
祝二位今天愉快
I'm sorry to have taken up so much of your time.
不好意思耽搁了您这么久
Wait, um, what'd you say your name was again?
等等 你说你叫什么来着
It's John.
约翰
John Bosworth.
约翰·博斯沃思
I heard you were looking for me?
你在找我吗
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Um,
是的
okay, so I've been doing some inventory,
我在做清点
trying to figure out what games we can afford to lose
想看看我们能放弃哪些游戏
to help lighten the network.
来减轻网络负担
That's smart. Did you want suggestions or...
好主意 你想要我的建议还是...
Well, I was thinking that
我在想
Backgammon and Checkers are no-brainers.
双陆棋和西洋跳棋必须砍
They're our lowest performers and not one of our originals.
这两个用户最少 也不是我们原创的
Yeah, that's great.
是啊 说得很对
And I'm gonna have to cut Community.
而且我还得关掉社区
Why? Well...
为什么 这个嘛
The only bandwidth it takes up is people on it typing,
社区唯一占用的带宽是用户打字
and no one types as fast as even the slowest telephone modem.
而打字最快的人也快不过最慢的电♥话♥调制器
It's not about bandwidth. It's about security.
与带宽无关 而是安全问题
Community's our most vulnerable spot.
社区最容易受攻击
Someone shares the wrong file, we get infected again.
有人分享了问题文件我们就会再次受影响
I just-- I can't take a chance on that happening.
我不能冒险再出现这样的事
If you want to make this a place where people can connect,
如果你想让社区成为大家交流的地方
then there's going to be risk involved.
那么就必然有风险
I know.
我知道
I'm just not willing to take a risk on something so small.
我不想为这么小的项目冒险
We've tripled in a week.
一周之内用户增加到原来的三倍
A lot of our users aren't even gamers
许多用户都不是游戏玩家
and it requires very little manpower,
维护起来又只需要很少的人力
so I have to be honest with you,
所以我得跟你说实话
I think this is a huge mistake
我认为从商业角度来看
from a business standpoint.
这个决定大错特错
Noted.
我知道了
Oh, sorry.
抱歉
Give me that. I'm sor sorry.
给我 对不起
Sorry, sorry!
对不起 对不起
Uncle!
饶命
Jesus!
我的天
God, you scared the shit out of me.
你差点把我吓尿了
What are you do-- how long have you been in here?
你在做...你在这儿多久了
Since you and the girls got home.
你和女儿们回家以后
It's the only place they don't look for me.
她们不会来这儿找我
I've had a day.
我今天过得很不好
Okay, well, I know that feeling.
好吧 我了解那种感觉
I had weeks like that. What hapned?
我曾经几周都不顺 你怎么了
Cameron's cutting all of my community rooms
社区聊天室刚开始有起色
just when they're taking off.
卡梅伦却要全部撤掉
And she was so polite about it, too.
而且她还客客气气的
All business. It was unbearable.
正正经经的 我真受不了
Well, you're always saying
你总是说
how you wished she'd be more professional.
希望她能更专业一些
剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表