剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表
Previously on AMC's Halt and Catch Fire.
AMC《电脑狂人》前情提要
You couldn't just leave us to do our thing?
你不能让我们做我们的吗
Christ.
天呐
You sellout.
你个卖♥♥身的
Hey, honey. What?
亲爱的 什么
Would you go home?
你回家吧
Donna. Just go home, please.
唐娜 回家吧 求你
Millions of dollars of hardware
价值数百万的机器
sitting unused for 16 hours a day.
每天闲坐16个小时
Just nod or shake your head, okay? Should I call a doctor?
就点头或摇头 好吗 需要我叫医生吗
Bad software hit our network.
恶意软件攻击了我们的网络
It's overwriting our data.
正在覆盖我们的数据
Everything, shut it all down.
全部关掉
You know why vegetables are a better way to start your morning?
你们知道为什么早上要先吃蔬菜吗
Because they contain fiber, which helps with your digestion.
因为蔬菜富含纤维素 有助消化
You know what that is?
你们知道消化是什么吗
I just did number two. Can I have Frosted Flakes?
我刚刚解过大手了 我能吃甜玉米麦片吗
Remember our little talk about trying new things?
还记得我们谈过要尝试新东西吗
98.7. Get dressed for school.
37度 穿衣服准备上学
Mommy, I still don't feel well
妈妈 我还是不舒服
and Daddy's making me go to school.
可爸爸还是要逼我上学
Sweetheart, Mommy really can't afford to get sick right now.
宝贝 妈妈现在可不能染上病
Let me make you a pot of coffee.
我来给你冲咖啡
Oh, thanks, but I gotta get to the office.
多谢 但我得赶紧去办公室了
Could you feel my forehead?
你能试试我的额头吗
I'm afraid I'm coming down with whatever Joanie has.
我担心我可能染上琼妮的病了
Had.
她已经好了
Cool as a cucumber, just like you.
非常凉 和你一样酷
Come on, you know I'm late.
行了 你知道我要迟到了
All right, I get it.
好 我明白了
Gordon, I'm not mad. I really am late.
戈登 我没不高兴 我真的要晚了
No, I know. I don't want you to be late for work.
我知道 我可不想耽误你上班
Uh, thank you for squeezing me into your schedule.
多谢您百忙之中抽空见我
Happy to. You've got my ear until the day begins in earnest.
不客气 正式上班前你随便讲
What's on your mind? Opportunity.
你想说什么 机会
Well, let me stop you there.
我先打断你一下
I don't have any job openings.
我这里可没有任何职缺
Well, that works out well because I don't want a job.
没有正好 我也不想调职
You're sitting on a gold mine.
你眼皮底下埋着一座大金矿
Give me six months, I'll turn Network and Computer Systems
给我六个月 我就能把网络和计算机系统部
into an income-generating department.
转变成可以创收的部门
Okay, I'll play.
那好 我洗耳恭听
I work right next to the mainframe sites.
我就在主机室旁边工作
They're powered on all day, every day.
这些机器每天都是全天候通电
On nights and weekends, they're just sitting there idle.
晚上和周末 他们就干放在那里
We lease our mainframe space
我们可以在下班时间
and our network during off hours
把我们的主机和网络设备
to third-party businesses
租赁给需要
who need a larger, more powerful network.
更大更强的网络的第三方
Overhead is near zero. It's pure profit.
费用几乎为零 所得全是纯收益
It's too big a security risk.
安全风险太大了
We have sensitive business transactions running on our mainframe.
我们的主机上运行着不少敏感的业务
Now, see, you don't understand how a mainframe works.
是这样 你不明白主机是怎么工作的
We can configure the privilege settings
我们可以修改优先级设定
to lock these users into a tightly controlled area.
严格控制这些用户的权限
Think of it as a padded cell.
可以想象成是一个隔离室
No outside user can access our company files.
外部用户绝对无法接触到公♥司♥的内部信息
And that's just the beginning.
而这只是开始
This department would be
这个部门可以
an incubator for a large-scale operation.
催生出一个大规模的项目
We can turn this juggernaut
我们可以把这尊巨人
into one massive, forward-thinking entity
转化成一个强大而先进的独♥立♥实体
and you, you'll be on a first-name basis with Jacob Wheeler.
到时 你就能和雅各布·维勒称兄道弟了
All we have to do is imagine it, trust it,
我们只需要敢于去想 敢下决心
and flip the switch.
敢于动手
If you believe so much in this vision for Westgroup,
如果你这么坚信这个主意对西方集团有好处
why don't you share it with your future father-in-law?
那何不和你准岳父说呢
Oh, I know who you are.
我知道你是谁
You didn't think I'd take a meeting
你不会真以为我随随便便
with some plebe from the data center, did you?
就会见一个数据中心的小职员吧
I was here before her first marriage blew up
她第一次离婚之前我就在这里了
and I'll be here after she's done with you, too.
等她跟你掰了 我还会在这里
You ready for this? Yeah.
你准备好了吗 好了
So do your thing and then I'll Yeah, I got it.
你先讲话 然后我... 我知道
Okay, so, I just wanted to thank everyone
我想感谢大家伙儿
for busting their asses the last few days,
最近这几天忙得死去活来
pretty much without sleep.
基本没捞着睡觉
It's no secret that we're struggling,
大家都知道我们最近情况不乐观
through no fault of anyone here,
这并非是这里任何人的责任
to keep the lights on.
但我们目前运营艰难
Every penny counts,
每一分钱都很重要
so thank you, guys, for being such good sports.
谢谢大家这么配合
It's not game over, but we are on life support.
我们并没结束 但确实已命悬一线
We're operating with a third of our XTs
我们仅用三分之一的XT维持运转
and our subscribers keep cancelling.
我们的用户纷纷取消订阅
I don't know, I guess there's no honor among gamers.
看来在游戏玩家中没有忠诚可言
So we're kind of...
所以我们...
Look, we're spending more than we're making,
我们现在入不敷出
which is a mathematical...
这是个数学...
We're almost out of money.
我们几乎没钱了
What little we have we need to cover operating costs,
仅有的资金要用来维持运营
so what that means is that
也就是说
we can't afford to pay your salaries right now.
我们现在付不起你们的工资了
But in exchange for you forgoing your salaries,
但作为交换 如果你们不拿工资
we're offering you shares of the company,
我们会给你们公♥司♥股份
which will be worth a lot more in the long run.
长远来讲 价值其实更高
In success. Yes.
成功的话 对
Yes, in success.
对 成功的话
Look, this is what we all signed up for.
这就是我们选择的事业
It's the risk of working at a company like this,
这就是在这种公♥司♥工作的风险
but don't forget that the upside is also so much greater.
但别忘记 好处也多很多
I think it's a risk worth taking,
我觉得值得冒这个险
but each of you need to decide that for yourself.
但你们每个人都要自己做决定
I'm in.
我加入
Me, too.
我也是
Yep.
我也是
In.
加入
I'm out.
我退出
C-come on, man.
别这样 哥们
It's been a sweet ride.
这段经历很愉快
Student loans, sorry.
有学生贷款 抱歉
Hey, can we talk about this?
我们可以谈谈吗
I'm not going to take that kind of risk on a bunch of online games.
我不会为了网络游戏冒这种险
Have fun writing cartridges.
祝你写卡带游戏愉快
That's what you've always wanted to do,
那是你一直想做的
so I just gave you an easy excuse.
我不过给了你个好借口
Or maybe I don't think the shares are gonna be worth anything.
也许是我觉得那些股份不会值什么钱的
Two days in a row.
连续两天了
What, are you angling to come back to work?
怎么 你想回来工作吗
Work? You ain't paying anybody anything.
工作 你可是一个子都不付
More like volunteerin'.
更像是做义工
No, I had an errand to run this side of town.
不 我正好有事来这边
Thought I'd bring you over some breakfast tacos
就想给你们带点早餐玉米饼
'cause y'all are starting to look like POWs around here.
你们的惨象都快赶上战俘了
And I noticed this file with your invoices in it and
然后我发现了你们的发♥票♥夹
a couple places where you could cut some costs popped out at me.
以及一些可以缩减开支的地方
If you're interested in hearing my suggestions.
如果你想听听我的建议的话
Yeah.
当然
That's it, I'm going back to games.
够了 我要回去弄游戏了
Oh, no, Lev, you're doing great.
别啊 莱夫 你做得很好
剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表