剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表
Previously on AMC's Halt and Catch Fire.
AMC《电脑狂人》前情提要
I didn't get the money.
我没拿到钱
They shut me out.
他们把我赶走了
You think I should be the boss.
你觉得我该当老板
I think someone should be.
我觉得该有人当老板
Marry me.
嫁给我吧
Why? Because I love you.
为什么 因为我爱你
Jesus, we were all so coked out of our minds
我们当时为赶工
trying to hit those deadlines.
嗑了那么多可♥卡♥因♥
Who knows?
谁知道呢
If you're so good at dealing with it,
既然你这么在行
then why don't you just keep being
那就继续充当
the savior we all supposedly need so much?
我们都离不开的救世主好了
Because I don't want to be the mom here.
因为我不想当这里的家长
Something's coming.
巨变要到来了
It's gonna be big and it won't include this place.
势不可挡 而且不会带上这里
And it certainly won't include you.
更不会带上你
Heli-skiing in Bulgaria.
这是在保加利亚高山滑雪
The chalet I stayed at had beds like a Soviet prison.
我住的小屋里的床跟苏联监狱的床一样破
But the snow--
但是那雪
oh, my God.
棒极了
Was your first job in oil?
你的第一份工作就在石油业吗
Hell, no.
当然不是
My parents ran a carpet store.
我父母开了间小店卖♥♥地毯
Worked there into my 20s.
直到二十多一直在那儿帮忙
Oil was just a stain to me.
石油在我那时看来只是种脏东西
Well, not to mention that his main ambition
更何况他的主要企图
was bringing girls there after hours.
是下班后带姑娘过去
Remind me to kill my brother
我哥哥竟然跟你讲这个
for ever telling you that story.
记得提醒我♥干♥掉他
What derailed those big plans?
后来怎么改主意了
Well, there comes a time
男人总有一日
when a man's gotta strike out on his own.
要独♥立♥打拼的
Store burned down.
商店烧毁了
Okay, that, too.
好吧 这也算原因之一
So, at 26, unskilled,
我当时26岁 一无所长
I set out to eat the world for breakfast.
进入社会开始打拼
The only job I could find
我找到的唯一一份工作
was managing the sludge
就是处理
from a rubber plant just outside of Cleveland.
克利夫兰市郊一家橡胶厂的废料
My boss had me cut some corners
我老板让我偷工减料
and the river caught fire.
结果把河烧着了
Cuyahoga River?
凯霍加河
'Course I got fired anyway,
不用说 我被炒了鱿鱼
even though I just worked for the guy
尽管我只是听老板吩咐做事
who was working for the guy.
而老板也是听上头的吩咐做事
The point being--
我要说的是
It's always better to be the guy.
自己做老板永远比替人做事好
That's my usual joke, sweetheart,
我总爱这么说 亲爱的
but just to show I can surprise you,
但是为了不老调重弹
the point being we all have to take our lumps
我要说的是 我们都得经历艰辛
before we come into our own.
才能挣到大钱
Makes getting there all the more sweet.
这样的成功才更甜美
So, you're in love with my daughter, huh?
那么 你爱上我女儿了
Dad.
爸
What, you don't want to know the answer?
怎么 你不想听答案吗
Okay, he's impossible.
他无可救药了
Just ignore him.
别理他
And she's an apple from the tree.
有其父必有其女
Okay, I'm gonna go say hello to Graham,
好吧 我去跟格雷姆打个招呼
spare myself the torture.
省得在这儿受他折磨
Get him to do some work for a change.
让他干点活儿
He's supposed to be fixing my Jeep.
他应该给我修吉普的
I love your daughter very much
我很爱你女儿
because, among other things, she's skeptical, like you.
因为她和你一样 不轻易相信别人
Then you won't mind me asking you
你不介意我问一句吧
how you intend to support her.
你打算怎么赚钱养她
She won't accept any help from me,
她不肯接受我的任何帮助
at least not while I'm alive.
至少在我活着的时候
And the money she makes from writing
她靠写作赚的那点钱
is gonna be spread pretty thin for two.
可不够两个人花
Don't worry,
不用担心
I'm considering several options.
我自有打算
What about oil?
石油怎么样
Oil's all about digging in the past.
石油都是在挖掘过去
I've never been that interested.
这我从来不感兴趣
Powering the world isn't interesting enough for you?
给世界提供动力还不足以吸引你吗
With a glut on the horizon,
未来石油供大于求
innovation's bound to be slow.
创新改革必定缓慢
If I were you,
如果我是你
I would be looking to diversify.
就会扩展业务范围
Into what?
做什么
Something forward-looking with the potential to change everything.
有前瞻性 有潜力改变世界的东西
For me, that's still tech
我依然认为 那是技术
and will be until proven otherwise.
除非最后证明我错了
Here's what I think, Joe.
我是这样想的 乔
I think with your checkered work history --
就凭你复杂多变的工作经历
and that's the nice way of putting all the things I've heard --
这已经是好听的说法了
you don't have a whole lot of options right now,
你现在并没有太多选择
in tech or anywhere else.
无论是在技术或者别的领域
With your abysmal references,
你拿不到好推荐
I think you'd have a tough time getting a job selling waffle irons.
你想去应聘华夫饼铛推销员都困难
You'd really want to put yourself through all that?
你真想让自己经受那些吗
Whatever it takes.
无论付出什么代价
I'm just stating cold facts.
我只是在陈述冰冷的事实
You won't easily get a new job.
你找工作不会轻松
If I haven't made myself clear, I'm offering you one.
如果我说得不够清楚 我在向你提供工作
I don't know who you think I am,
我不知道你认为我是什么人
but I'm not looking for charity.
但我不是在寻求施舍
And I'm not looking to give it.
我也没有在施舍
Today -- today is dream lab day.
今天 今天是梦想实验室日
I'm gonna really set 'er up, you know.
我要把它建立起来
No more talking, just action.
不废话 切实行动
You know, I may even teach myself C.
我甚至可能自学C语言
Who says i'm only hardware?
谁说我只会做硬件了
Oh, in my spare time, i really want to learn to cook.
在闲暇时间 我真的想学学做饭
Like, you know, really cook,
真正好好做饭
you know, for all for us.
为我们所有人
Any special requests tonight, dear wife?
今晚有什么特殊要求吗 亲爱的老婆
Duck à l'orange?
香橙鸭
Yeah, what?
好啊 什么
Did you find the crunchy --
你找到脆脆的...
Hey, you okay?
你还好吗
Yeah.
嗯
I mean, sort of.
还好吧
I went to the bank yesterday
我昨天去银行
to try and increase Mutiny's credit limit.
想提高穆特尼的信用额度
The guy there just laughed at me.
柜员就只是嘲笑我
How much you need?
你需要多少
Ha-ha, you couldn't afford it.
哈哈 你付不起的
Well, that's what schmancy VCs are for.
所以才需要风投啊
Yeah, well, if we can close him.
如果我们能搞定他的话
I'm afraid without longer term data --
没有长♥期♥数据
he'll balk at our projected growth.
他对我们的预计增幅恐怕不会信服
Look, you always killed your presentations at TI.
你在德州仪器时业务陈述一向做得很棒
This is gonna be no different.
这也不会有什么不同
You just go in there,
你只需要走进去
you tell a good story with confidence.
自信地讲一个好故事
Daddy!
爸爸
Oh, you know, you'd think the house was on fire.
叫这么急 还以为是房♥子着火了呢
剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表