剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表
Yo-yo, just recode it and make it grayscale, okay?
悠悠球 把它重新编成灰度模式的吧
What? No way!
什么 不行
What was that about?
怎么回事
I think we should unplug the cabinets.
我觉得我们得停机
Figure out a better power solution.
想个更好的电源方案
Maybe rewiring everything more carefully will help with the lag.
或许小心地把线重接一遍能改善延迟状况
You mean take the network offline?
你是说暂停网络服务吗
Yeah, for a couple hours. We can't do that.
对 停几小时 我们不能那样做
We're already getting complaints about the outages.
我们已经因为运行中断收到很多投诉了
It's only gonna get slower if we don't figure out what's wrong.
如果我们不找出故障原因 只会变得更慢
Donna, no.
唐娜 不行
Whatcha playing?
你要玩什么
Another fat-ass game with color.
有彩色的大游戏
We blew a breaker, didn't we?
我们烧了个断路器 是不是
We didn't blow the breaker.
我们不仅烧了断路器
I think we blew the whole block.
好像整个街区都停电了
Going.
我这就去看
Does your work have you feeling small and insignificant?
你的工作是不是让你觉得无足轻重
Is it as boring as a hand full of beans?
是不是无聊到手痒呢
Add adventure to your life.
给你的生活添加点冒险吧
Climb that ladder and discover the Giant from Cardiff Electric--
爬上梯子 去发现卡迪夫电子的"巨人"系列
Personal, portable, affordable.
个性化 便携 且物美价廉
And now introducing the Giant's golden egg--
现在向您介绍本系列的金牌产品
The Giant Professional.
巨人专业版
Up to three times faster than the IBM XT.
最高速度比IBM XT快三倍
And with better graphical capability than the Apple Macintosh,
拥有比苹果麦金塔更好的图像处理能力
The Giant Pro puts your business
巨人专业版可以带您的事业
at the top of the stalk.
走向巅峰
Good morning, I'm Chip Rowlett
早上好 我是奇普·劳莱特
with "DFW Moneyline,"
这里是《DFW财经》
and I'm joined by Gordon Clark,
今天我们的嘉宾是戈登·克拉克
current president of Dallas mainstay firm Cardiff Electric.
达拉斯支柱公♥司♥卡迪夫电子的现任总裁
Gordon, thanks so much for being with us today.
戈登 非常感谢你来到本节目
Thanks for having me, Chip.
谢谢你邀请我 奇普
So what we just saw was the latest national spot
我们刚看到的是最新的全国广♥告♥
for two computers designed over the last two years
旨在推广卡迪夫电子过去两年内设计的
by Cardiff Electric. Uh, yes.
两款电脑 对
And that was a lot of fun to do--
设计制♥造♥它们非常有趣
But personal computing is
但是个人电脑只是
only the latest chapter in Cardiff's history.
卡迪夫电子公♥司♥历史上的最新篇章
In fact, you yourself
而且 你本人
were instrumental in the change to the business model, weren't you?
对经营模式的改变就至关重要 对吗
Uh, yes. Yes, I was--
没错 没错 是的
But now Cardiff is closing up shop?
但现在卡迪夫电子要关门了 是吗
Uh, well, not closing exactly.
也不是关门
I guess we didn't expect so much success so quickly.
我们没料到成功来得如此快
We've been acquired by a large overseas company.
我们被一家海外大公♥司♥收♥购♥了
But you will stay on as president, then?
但你还会继续留任总裁 是吗
Hi, could you just-- could you tell him...
你能不能...告诉他
Actually, I think it's time for me to move on.
其实 我觉得我也该翻篇了
I need to go to the power company.
我得去电力公♥司♥
I need to leave. Oh, so, sayonara, 9:00 to 5:00, huh?
我得走了 和朝九晚五说拜拜了吗
Uh, I've given serious thought to starting my own investment firm...
我认真考虑想创办一家自己的投资公♥司♥
out of my garage.
在我的车♥库♥里创办
Interesting. Why the garage?
有意思 为什么是车♥库♥
Because, Chip, uh,
因为 奇普
good ideas don't come out of a boardroom, do they?
奇思妙想不会在董事会会议室诞生 对吧
Very good. That was good.
很好 说得好
Gotta go. Well, Gordon, again,
我得走了 那么 戈登 再次感谢
thanks so much for being with us.
你来到本节目
We've got a lot more to talk about in the world of business,
我们还有许多商界信息要谈
and we'll do that when we come back right after this.
广♥告♥之后 我们继续讨论
Thanks. Thank you.
谢谢 谢谢
Thanks, Gordon. Good job.
谢谢 戈登 干得好
Okay, we're back in two, guys. Let's go.
好了 我们两分钟后回来 赶紧
Hello?
喂
All right.
好
Yeah.
嗯
Yeah, that's good news.
嗯 那太好了
Thank you.
谢谢你
Who was that? My attorney. The sale went through.
是谁 我的律师 出♥售♥完成了
Really? They're giving me my share.
真的吗 他们要给我我的分成
That's fantastic, Joe.
太棒了 乔
I gotta go up and pick it up tomorrow.
我明天就去领
This is good.
这太好了
You earned this. You deserve it.
这是你挣来的 是你应得的
Don't doubt that for a second.
这毫无疑问
Just-- just going back there,
只是又要回去
seeing those people...
见到那些人...
I know.
我懂
You want me to cancel tonight?
你希望我取消今晚的聚会吗
We don't have to have all these people over.
我们不必请那些人来的
No. We can just talk it through.
不 我们可以聊聊
No. It's a good distraction, yeah?
不 这能帮我分分心
10 miles.
十公里
I can tell.
看得出来
Okay.
好吧
Okay, so I am male.
我是一名男性
Uh, I am in entertainment.
我在娱乐圈工作
Um, a singer sometimes, right?
有时是个歌♥手 对吧
I'm dead. Well, allegedly you're dead.
我已经死了 据说你已经死了
Oh, allegedly. Okay.
据说 好吧
Damn it.
该死
Um, okay, let me think.
好吧 让我想想
I am-- oh, oh, what's his name?
我是...他叫什么来着
From "Taxi," Andy Kaufman?
是《出租汽车》的安迪·考夫曼吗
Finally!
终于猜到了
I was Andy Kaufman.
我是安迪·考夫曼
Evan told me on the way over here
埃文在来的路上告诉我
that you two met at a planetarium?
你们是在天文馆相遇的
You tell it.
你说吧
All right, well, um-- well, we knew each other in school.
好吧 我们上学时就认识了
We were just friends, though.
但我们当时只是朋友
We met in a rhetoric course.
我们是在修辞学课上认识的
We argued all the time.
我们总是争论不休
Well, 'cause you were wrong most of the time.
因为大部分时候你都错了
I mean, we kind of lost touch after school.
毕业后我们就失去了联♥系♥
And as you guys know, last year was a rough year for me.
你们也知道 去年我过得不太顺利
Anyway, this assignment came through from "Texas Monthly"
不管怎样 《德州月刊》派我去
to go profile Fiske Observatory, to live up there for a while,
了解菲斯克天文台 在那儿住一段时间
and getting out of town seemed like a good thing to me at that point,
而那个时候 出差对我来说是件好事
so I did, and I started writing about their SETI program,
所以我去了 开始报道他们的SETI项目
Search for extraterrestrial intelligence.
搜寻地外文明计划
Yep, yep.
对 对
And so there I was, searching the skies, waiting for contact.
于是我就在那儿探索太空 等待信♥号♥♥
And Joe... Then joe walked through the door.
然后乔 乔从门口走了进来
What do you do, Joe?
你做什么工作 乔
I worked at IBM for a long time
我在IBM工作过很长时间
and then I was in personal computers here in Texas.
然后又来到德州做个人电脑
And then I got out of it. How come?
后来辞职了 为什么
I needed to reevaluate.
我需要重新考虑
At the time, I thought I was unhappy with the project,
当时我以为我是对项目不满意
but in hindsight I realized I was just unhappy with myself.
但后来我意识到我是对自己不满意
So I guess that's what I've been working on.
这应该就是我一直忙于解决的事吧
Well, Joe is being very modest.
乔太谦虚了
What he didn't tell you
他没告诉你们
is he took this tiny regional company and
他几乎一夜之间把一家地域性的小公♥司♥
turned it into a national competitor for PCs almost overnight.
变成了有全国性竞争力的个人电脑公♥司♥
He's driving up to Dallas tomorrow
他明天要开车去达拉斯
to collect his share of the company sale.
领♥取♥公♥司♥出♥售♥他得到的分成
剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表