剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表
It's not the modem.
不是调制解调器的问题
What is it? What happened?
怎么了 出什么事了
Joe MacMillan happened!
是乔·麦克米伦
He pulled the plug!
他停了网
So I guess he wasn't bluffing.
看来他不是在虚张声势
Okay, okay, okay.
好了 好了 好了
Um, so do you want to call him, maybe,
你是想给他打个电♥话♥
or are you just gonna cry again?
还是要再哭一次
That's enough. Come on, Donna.
行了 说话啊 唐娜
The name on page 12 of our contract
就因为你出色的谈判技巧
just shut our company down
合同第12页上的名字
because of your great negotiation skills! Cameron.
刚刚让我们公♥司♥停工了 卡梅伦
Could you have had your day on the rag
你能不能不在
when the entire network wasn't at stake?
这么关键的时候闹崩溃啊
I said that's enough, damn it!
行了 闭嘴吧 妈的
God, what is wrong with you?
你是怎么回事
I'm-- I'm gonna fix it.
我会想办法解决的
I'm gonna fix it.
我会解决的
Oh, the shop's been slippin' the last few years.
这几年店里的生意越来越糟
I still think we can pull it out,
我仍然觉得可以挺过去
but Dad wants to sell it, let it get turned into a Midas.
但爸爸想卖♥♥掉 卖♥♥给连锁店
Where does that leave you?
那你怎么办
I'd stay on, work for the new owners.
我会留下 给新店主干活儿
Oh, come on, that doesn't seem right.
那怎么像话
I'm gonna call him, tell him he's making a mistake.
我会给他打电♥话♥ 告诉他他做错了
Oh, no, no, no, no.
不不不
You've-- you've got enough on your plate right now.
你自己的事就够烦了
Oh, what time is it?
现在几点了
Should we settle up?
我们该结账走人了吗
You know, go give Wendy some relief?
回去帮帮温蒂
Uh, yeah, yeah. I'm gonna go hit the head.
好啊 我去趟厕所
You wanna get the--
你来结...
Excuse me, can we get our tab?
服务员 结账
Ju Jules Duffy? Gordon. I'll be damned.
茱尔丝·达菲 戈登 我的天
Thought you'd gone all rich and famous on us.
你不是有钱有名了吗
Yeah, I got my plane parked out back.
没错 我的飞机就停在外面
I'm here with Henry.
我和亨利一起来的
Yeah, I see plenty of Henry.
我经常看见他
You two still trying to get back what you had in high school?
你俩还在努力恢复高中时的关系吗
Nope, just trying to get him
没有 我在努力
to pay his bar tab every once in a blue moon.
让他把酒钱还上 但几乎不可能
Hey, you remember that time that I caught you and Henry
你还记得有一次 我碰到你和亨利
breaking into Dad's liquor cabinet?
偷拿我爸的藏酒吗
Y'all made me drink a coffee cup full of brandy
你俩逼我喝了一咖啡杯的白兰地
just so I couldn't tell on you?
好让我不能告发你俩
No. Did it work?
不记得 我们成功了吗
God, I nearly died the next morning.
天呐 第二天早上我差点死掉
The house is still there. You can come by anytime.
房♥子还在原处 你可以随时去玩
Yeah, I'll just crawl into Henry's old window,
嗯 我会从亨利以前屋的窗户爬进去
scare hikids, leave mine alone.
吓坏他的孩子 不管我的孩子
You have kids? He's 12.
你有孩子了 12了
You have 12 kids?
你有12个孩子
I have one kid, 12 years old.
我只有一个儿子 12岁
He's my anchor. R.J.
他是我的精神支柱 RJ
Jules Duffy, married with a kid.
茱尔丝·达菲 已经结婚生子了
Well, half right. Single mom.
说对一半 我是单身妈妈
All right, pay up, pecker.
好了 付款吧
Heard you got rich, so big tip.
听说你发财了 多给点小费
What the hell was that about?
刚才是怎么回事
You're asking me? Yeah.
你还问我吗 是啊
She lost it. Now we're dead.
她失控了 这下我们完蛋了
All Donna did was behave like you do every day
唐娜做的和你每天做的一样
without bailing you out for it like usual.
只不过没像以前一样替你收拾烂摊子
You know, maybe you didn't like it... I never
或许你不喜欢那样 我从没...
...because it was like looking in a damn mirror!
因为那就像照镜子一样
People have other things going on in their lives
人们的生活中还有其他
that you don't know about.
你不知道的事
And you do, huh?
你知道 是吗
Can't you see that that woman is going through something?
你看不出来她现在遇到麻烦了吗
She could use a friend right now.
她现在需要朋友
I was out of line and I apologize.
我太过分了 我道歉
This work--
这份工作
this work means a lot to me.
这份工作对我意义重大
And if we accept your deal, we're risking our survival,
如果我们接受你的条件 就是拿前途冒险
and if we don't, we could scramble for months
如果我们不接受 就要挣扎好几个月
to try and find another network.
再找个网络
Months in this business could crush us.
就这行来说 这几个月足以毁了我们
That's not what you want, is it?
你也不希望如此 不是吗
If this is about Cameron It's not.
如果是因为卡梅伦 不是
Then to pull the plug over one dollar,
只为一美元就停止供网
that's what you do when you're trying to get out of a deal.
不想做这笔生意才会这么做
Which is where we find ourselves now.
我们现在就是这个情况
Well, I can't leave here until we work this out,
不把这件事解决了 我不会走的
so you tell me.
所以 你告诉我
What can I do?
我要怎么做
Maybe-- uh, maybe I could find some wiggle room on the price
也许价格还有得商量
if Mutiny met a few, um...
前提是穆特尼能够...
strategic benchmarks.
满足几项条件
Benchmarks.
条件
For example, when I log onto Mutiny,
比如说 我登录穆特尼的时候
the main screen, it's boring.
主界面非常无聊
There's a company in Houston
休斯顿一家公♥司♥
that has news and weather as soon as you log on.
登录后可以看见新闻和天气
There's an outfit in Galveston
加尔维斯顿有家公♥司♥
that has a stock ticker updated hourly.
每小时更新股票行情
That's the kind of thing
这种东西
that makes me the user want to stay longer.
会让用户想浏览更久
We can do that.
这个可以有
Another thing-- check out the messaging
还有 做一个通信功能
available on something like IBM's Vnet.
就像IBM的V网一样
Mail programs have been around for over a decade.
邮件程序已经普及十多年了
Exactly. Why doesn't Mutiny have one?
没错 为什么穆特尼没有呢
Because that's not--
因为这不...
We can do mail
邮件功能可以做
and we can do the interface,
界面也可以完善
and if we do...
如果我们都做了呢
He's not gonna like it, but
他不会乐意的 不过
I, uh, bet I could get Jacob
如果你们能满足最后一个条件
to shave off a buck for one last thing.
我应该可以说服雅各布便宜一美元
What? What is it that you need?
是什么 你需要什么
Mutiny currently runs exclusively on Commodore 6♥4♥s, right?
穆特尼现在只能在康懋达6♥4♥上运行 对吧
6♥4♥s will be boat anchors by '88.
6♥4♥到88年就会被淘汰
In the meantime, UNIX is poised to explode.
与此同时 UNIX正在成为主流
If Mutiny could port to a machine that runs UNIX,
如果穆特尼能够移植到运行UNIX系统的机器上
say the new AT&T box,
比如新式AT&T电脑
I think I could justify a lower price.
我想我可以争取个低一点的价格
But UNIX is a completely different operating system.
但UNIX是完全不同的操作系统
That's a major coding overhaul--
这需要彻底重新编程
In fact, I would go so far as to plug you back in right now,
事实上 我现在就可以重新恢复供网
ink the contract at $5... But
按5美元签合同 但是...
and add a provision that once you meet these benchmarks,
再附加一条 一旦你们满足这些条件
we'll drop it down to 3.50.
我们就把价格降至3.5块
I'll see what I can do.
我会想办法的
UNIX? Christ.
UNIX 老天啊
I think he knew he wanted these benchmarks
我觉得他今早过来之前
before he ever came over here this morning.
就想好这些条件了
It was all just about leverage.
他只是在耍手段
Yeah. Well, I guess it was a negotiation after all.
好吧 看来的确本就不是协商
But the AT&T isn't even in color.
但AT&T都不是彩屏
Hey, let's look at the bright side.
往好处看看嘛
剧集 | 奔腾年代(2014) | 导航列表