剧集 | 大军团广场事件(2020) | 导航列表
Black and Hispanic students make up 70% of the public school population,
黑人和西裔学生 占公立学校人口的70%
and less than 10% of the top-ranked public schools.
在排名靠前的公立学校里 比例不到10%
Fair enough.
很合理
There are a number of ways in which Black students
校园里的黑人学生
are not safe on this campus.
在很多方面都不安全
Acts of racism are a regular occurrence on campus.
校园里种族主义行为经常发生
Swastikas scratched in the armrest, the N-word used in the hallway,
扶手上刻着纳粹标志 走廊里有"黑鬼"字样
and Black girls are more dress-coded than others.
黑人女孩的衣着规范比他人更严苛
You and the rest of the administration
你和其他校方管理层一直称
keep referring to these instances as "racially insensitive."
这些情况不过是"种族间的漠视"
That's not strong enough language. It's racism.
这种语气太轻描淡写了 这就是种族歧视
It's time for Grand Army to start calling it like it is.
大军团是时候要正视这一点了
Hello?
喂
Look.
听着
I hear you guys. We have one more point.
-我知道你们的意思 -我们还有一个观点
The discretionary implementation of disciplinary measures
对惩戒措施的随意实施
disproportionately impacts Black students.
对黑人学生的影响尤为严重
Mike, I'm gonna need you in a second. We've got a bit of an emergency situation.
迈克 你过来一下 我们有紧急情况
Such typical bullshit.
典型的胡扯
It renders Black students silent. Some of them turn invisible.
这导致黑人学生变得沉默 有些被视而不见
And some of them literally disappear, like Owen.
有些真的会消失在人群中 就像欧文
Look…
听着...
I don't disagree with anything you're saying here.
我不反对你说的任何话
And I'm sorry to end this abruptly.
很抱歉我们要就此打住
I appreciate your coming in, but here's what I suggest.
我感谢你能过来 但我建议你
Write a letter to the DOE.
写封信给教♥育♥部♥
Attend an upcoming school board meeting and bring these points up with them.
参加即将召开的学校董事会 在会上表达这些观点
Maybe with a PowerPoint, some stats.
也许用幻灯片和数据去陈述
I think…
我觉得...
everything that you're saying is very important.
你所说的事都很重要
And I support you.
我支持你
But there's very little I can do personally.
但我个人能做的很有限
OK, look, guys, I gotta…
好的 听我说 我要…
Jayson, I'll be there cheering you on tonight.
杰森 今晚我会去支持你
We're very proud to have you representing the school at All-State.
你能代表学校参加全州乐队 我们感到很骄傲
That's one way to make sure you're not invisible.
借助这种方式 你可以确保自己获得重视
What?
什么
Doing positive, stand-out things.
做点积极突出的事情
That's something for you guys to think about, right?
你们也好好想想这个事 好吗
'Cause Jayson will be anything but silenced tonight.
因为杰森今晚决不会沉默
She began to inflict various tortures and mutilations of the flesh on herself.
她开始对自己施加各种酷刑 并切割肢体
And she was having visions. She was. Exactly.
-她看到了幻象 -她是的 真的
And one of those visions inspired this Bernini sculpture here.
其中一种幻象启发了贝尼尼的雕塑
Can you read to us a little bit about this particular vision… Agnes?
你能给我们读一下 这个具体的幻象吗 艾格尼丝
Sure.
当然
OK.
好的
I saw in his hand a long spear of gold.
我看见他手里拿着一根金制的长矛
And at the iron's point, there seemed to be a fire.
矛尖似乎有火焰
He appeared to be thrusting it, at times, into my heart
他不时把它插♥进♥我的心脏
and to pierce my very entrails.
并刺穿我的五脏六腑
Seriously, she won't notice. Even if she does, she doesn't really care.
真的 她不会注意到 即使她有 也不会在意
Just say you're taking notes.
说你在记笔记就好
When he drew it out,
当他抽出来
he seemed to draw them out also. Thanks.
似乎一切也随之被带走 谢谢
And to leave me all on fire with the great love of God.
我带着对上帝的大爱 全身被火焰笼罩
The pain was so great that it made me moan.
如此大的痛苦 让我呻♥吟♥起来
And yet so surpassing was the sweetness of this excessive pain
而这种极度的痛苦带来的甜蜜 如此妙不可言
that I could not wish to be rid of it.
让我沉溺其中
OK.
好的
It's intense, right?
很激烈的描述 对吗
Joey.
乔依
I know it's your first week,
我知道这是你第一个星期
but I'd love your input if you're up for it.
如果可以的话 我想听听你的想法
Weren't you jotting down some notes on your phone?
你不是用手♥机♥在记笔记吗
I guess I was just thinking about…
我只是在想…
I mean, I was just writing…
我是说 我只是在写…
a note about the…
关于把痛苦和...
romanticization of pain and suffering.
苦难浪漫化的一些笔记
OK.
好的
Interesting.
很有趣
Tell me more.
请具体说说
The idea that Mary's pain is depicted as pleasurable in the sculpture,
玛丽的痛苦在雕塑中被描绘成 一种快乐
that's definitely a man's interpretation of it.
这绝对是一个男人的解读
It's actually St. Teresa of Avila.
这其实是阿维拉的圣特雷莎
But… OK.
-但是… -好的
But sorry for cutting you off. Continue.
抱歉打断你 请继续
Well, the way Bernini depicts torture as sensual, or…
贝尼尼将酷刑描述为肉♥欲♥的 甚至是性感的
even sexy, it's her tilted-back head, the O-shape of her mouth.
她的头向后倾斜 嘴呈O形张开
It's orgasmic.
这是高♥潮♥
Yet, even according to her own writing, she's suffering miserably.
但即使根据她自己的记录 她也非常痛苦不堪
I agree.
我同意
But she liked the pain.
但她喜欢那种痛苦
But he's glorifying it.
但他在美化它
Maybe it's just that they look the same. Orgasmic pleasure, intense pain,
也许只是看起来一样 高♥潮♥的愉悦 强烈的痛苦
they're both full-body experiences.
它们都是全身的体验
No, they're not the same. At all.
不是 它们完全不一样
But what about the saying
但是有句老话说
"it hurt so good"? Yeah.
"痛得很爽" 对
And…
还有...
you know, maybe there's something to be gained.
可能也有所得益
A purging of some sort.
某种净化之类
Of opening yourself up to feeling the pain.
敞开心扉去感受痛苦
Are you saying that this piece is saying this is how righteous women serve God?
你是在说这个作品是表达 正直的女人该如何侍奉上帝吗
By moaning and groaning in ecstasy as we're brutalized?
当我们被残虐时 在狂喜中呻♥吟♥
OK.
好了
So who can think of a modern-day example of art…
谁能想到一个把痛苦性♥欲♥化...
sexualizing or…
或美化的...
or glamorizing pain?
现代艺术的例子...
Pretty Woman.
"风月俏佳人"
Porn.
色情片
After centuries of persecution, they continue to claim who they are
在几个世纪的迫♥害♥后 他们继续坚称自己的身份
and strive to keep their complicated history and rich traditions alive.
并努力保持他们复杂的历史 和丰富的传统
The Kaifeng Jews are testament to all of us who seek to be seen.
我们想获得关注 开封犹太人是我们这些人的见证
We are members of the same tribe.
我们是同一部族的成员
We're the ones raising our hands to say, "We are here,"
是我们举手说 "我们在这里"
we matter, we will be counted,
我们很重要 我们应被考虑在内
in a world that struggles to place us,
在这个努力将我们定位
"categorize us, understand us, and value our difference."
"将我们分类理解我们 重视我们的差异的世界里”
That is what I have been talking about.
那就是我一直要说的
Just finding that connection between…
找到你和你的...
you and your subject.
研究对象之间的联♥系♥
She's got the paper to beat, people.
她这篇论文非常优秀 各位
Thanks, Leila.
谢谢了 蕾拉
All right, who's next?
好了 下一位是谁
Henry.
亨利
It's actually sad. She's literally talking about herself.
真是很可悲 她就是讲她自己
Look at me! Look how I matter.
请看我 我有多重要
I fuck around with rapists,
我跟强♥奸♥犯在一起乱搞
but I matter.
但是我很重要
In, like, three years,
三年后
I'll be valedictorian of our class,
我会是我们班的荣誉致辞生
and you'll still be a bunch of mediocre cunts.
而你依然会是一个平庸的贱♥人♥
Speak fucking English.
给我说英语
What's going on?
怎么回事
Are you OK?
你没事吧
My status at Harvard is available. I'mma check it.
我在哈佛的状态是可用的 我要查一下
Right now?
现在
Yeah. I can't bear waiting anymore. Honestly. I'm losing my fucking mind.
对 我不想再等了 老实说 我快疯了
Sorry. It's fine.
-抱歉 -没事
Are you sure you don't wanna wait for Mom and Dad?
你确定不想等爸妈一起
剧集 | 大军团广场事件(2020) | 导航列表