剧集 | 吉尔莫女孩(2000) | 导航列表
It does. It proves that anvils were so ubiquitous at one point --
- 是这词没错吧 无所不在? - 这得看你打算说什么
- is that the word, ubiquitous? - It depends on where you're going.
他们知道孩子们会知道什么是铁砧 而且还会为它们着迷
That they knew that children would know what they were and delight in them.
足以看出它们有多风靡了啊 孩子们是动画片的观众啊
That's how common they were -- children watching cartoons.
- 那词儿用的没错 - 我忘了你到底想说什么
- That was the word. - I've forgotten your point.
那些铁砧都哪儿去了?
Where are all the anvils?
我是说 会不会有那种被政♥府♥隐匿的 秘密铁砧贮存实验室?
I mean, is there some sort of secret anvil storage facility the government is keeping from us?
或者它们被某种新技术取代了
Or they fell into disuse with the advent of other technologies,
所以把它们熔掉 然后它们就消失不见了
and so they melted them down and they're gone.
但它们不应该能被熔掉啊
But they're not supposed to melt.
它们本身就是能承受住 铁匠们火红滚烫的铁锤诶
They were made to withstand the red-hot hammer of the town blacksmith.
这肯定是我们之间 最无意义的一次谈话了
This is easily the most pointless conversation we've ever had.
我可没听见谁有插♥进♥啥 合理独到的见解诶
I don't hear anyone chiming in with rational theories.
拜托谁来换个话题吧 求求你们了
Please change the subject, I beg of you, anyone.
显然姑娘们还不知道 Jason和我的大新闻呢
Well the girls don't know the big news about Jason and me.
你怀孕了?
You're pregnant?
- 我们准备收♥购♥另一家公♥司♥ - 差点就猜对了
- We're acquiring another company. - I was close.
这么快? 你自己的公♥司♥才刚刚起步呢
Already? You just started yours.
保险业正在飞速发展变化 你得调整自己跟上节奏
The insurance business is changing so rapidly, you have to adapt to keep up.
- 这是个同类相残的社会啊 外公 - 别理解错了
- It's a dog-eat-dog world, Grandpa. - Don't get the wrong idea.
那不是个大公♥司♥ 比我们的要小一些 但是实力很强
It's not a big company. It's smaller than ours, but very powerful.
等一下 这公♥司♥比你的还小? 你的公♥司♥一共就俩人啊--你和Jason
Wait, the company is smaller than yours? Your company is two guys -- you and Jason.
这公♥司♥是由一人经营的--Bob Sutton
This company is a one-man operation -- Bob Sutton.
所以说 你要收♥购♥Bob?
So, you're acquiring Bob?
我们要收♥购♥他的公♥司♥ 他的公♥司♥也就等于他
We're acquiring his company, and his company is him.
那他炒自己鱿鱼的时候还需要提前两周通知么?
Did he have to give himself two weeks' notice?
他是不是要在那悲伤的欢送会上
Is there gonna be a sad little going-away party where he brings in his own cake
吹灭他自己准备的蛋糕上的蜡烛?
and blows out his candles?
我们明天要共进庆祝晚餐 携夫人一起
We are all celebrating with a dinner tomorrow -- us and the wives.
- 你不喜欢那个Bob? - Bob很好 我们相识很多年了
- You're not big on the Bob? - Bob's fine. We've known him for years.
是他娶了的那个傻瓜 典型的小蜜傍大款
It's that dolt he's married to -- classic trophy wife.
- 她非常年轻 - 有多年轻?
- She is quite young. - How young?
她的车看起来好像芭比娃娃的一样
Her car looks just like Barbie's.
不管怎样 希望你晚餐上对她友好些
Regardless, I hope you will be kind to her at dinner.
我还得带上英语-乡巴佬语互译字典
I'll have to bring my English-to-dumbbell dictionary.
尽量把注意力放在Bob身上 Bob可是相当的精明
Try and focus on Bob. Bob's as sharp as they come.
我可以告诉你 他非常有头脑
He's very brilliant, I'll give you that.
- Bob很聪明 是么? - 他曾获得过罗兹奖学金
- Bob's brilliant, huh? - He's a Rhodes scholar.
那就问问他那些铁砧去哪了
Ask him where the anvils went.
还是算了
Or not.
加上4块7毛钱 总共是5块钱 感谢惠顾 Cassini太太
And forty-seven cents comes to $5. Thank you, Mrs. Cassini.
谢谢你 我不清楚你今天是怎么了 Taylor
Thank you. I don't know what it is about you, Taylor,
但你看起来红光满面 充满活力 青春焕发
but you look so healthy, so invigorated, so youthful.
多谢 Cassini太太 肯定是假期的原因
Thank you, Mrs. Cassini. Must be the vacation.
或是因为你戴的假发
Or the fake hair.
欢迎再来 Cassini太太
Come again, Mrs. Cassini.
Tracy 把勺子里的水换换 颜色太难看了
Tracy, change out the scoop water. It's an unsightly color.
等Franklin来的时候告诉他...
And tell Franklin when he gets here...
告诉他 他总是忘了打下班钟卡...
tell him that he keeps forgetting to punch out...
- Kirk 出什么事了? - 呃 我
- Kirk, something wrong? - Well, I...
别碰那糖
Don't touch the candy.
抱歉 我无意要碰这个糖 只是..
I'm sorry. I didn't want to touch the candy. It's just?
Kirk 我刚和我的水果糖销♥售♥商吵了一架 现在没心情
Kirk, I just had a spat with my sourball distributor, and I'm not in the mood.
到底啥事?
Now, what's the trouble?
- 是鸡蛋 - 什么? 什么鸡蛋?
- It's eggs. - What? What's eggs?
广场上的那股臭味 不是因为臭鼬 是因为鸡蛋
In the square -- the smell. It's not skunks, it's eggs.
- 复活节彩蛋搜寻活动时用的复活节蛋 - 但是复活节是一周前的事了
- Easter eggs from the Easter egg hunt. - But Easter was over a week ago.
我当时按你告诉我的做了 我私下里在广场周围藏了300个彩蛋
And I did it just like you told me. I personally hid 300 eggs around the town square,
孩子们也都全力以赴的去搜寻彩蛋 除了那Banyan的男孩们
and the kids had a blast hunting them down, except the Banyan boys.
都是些坏坯子 让他俩都见鬼去吧
They're bad seeds. Going to hell -- both of them.
但是孩子们只找到了其中的241个
But the kids only found 241 of them.
你是在告诉我说 现在还有59个臭鸡蛋藏在广场周围?
Are you telling me that there are fifty-nine rotting eggs hidden in the square?
我本以为它们会自然降解 然后就自己消失了
I thought they would naturally decompose and just disappear.
- 鸡蛋在降解的时候会很臭 - 我刚刚才发现
- Eggs smell when they decompose. - I just found that out.
我还发现你的假发非常自然
I find your hair very believable.
好球 真不错!
Nice shot. Beautiful!
你可真是厚道
You're being extremely charitable.
哦 Richard 我要是能在四杆内打到那么远
Oh, Richard, if I get that far on four shots,
那就是物质利益规则的一大奇迹
it would be a miracle on the order of loaves and fishes.
是啊 我的球打到沙区里了
Yeah, and I'm in the sand.
我看咱们谁都没法动摇Tiger的地位了
I don't think any of us are gonna make Tiger shake in his spikes.
要是我 就会坐球车过去 要么换成三号♥木杆
I'd go with a driver or 3-wood.
不管怎样 都会让我看起来不大像挥虚杆的了
Whatever is gonna make me look less like Dorf.
知道么 我妻子对合并的事情相当兴奋 Richard 非常兴奋
You know, my wife's very excited about the merger, Richard -- very excited.
哦 替我们向Trish捎个好 Emily刚和我谈起过她 很棒的姑娘
Oh, do give Trish our best. Emily and I were just talking about her -- terrific girl.
至少他这次坚持来参加俱乐部活动了
At least he held onto the club this time.
真不知道是该叫"好球!"还是"该死!"
Now, it's hard to know whether he should yell "fore!" Or "duck!"
为什么商人谈生意时不玩桌上曲棍球? 我对桌上曲棍可是很在行的
Why can't businessmen do deals over air hockey? I am great at air hockey.
- 哦 看谁来了 - 嗯? 是你♥爸♥爸?
- Oh, looky here. - Hmm? Your father?
高尔夫球场上最可怕的事情之一发生了
One of the many hazards on this golf course.
我觉得就是你
I thought that was you.
你的出现肯定让草坪管♥理♥员♥很不高兴
Groundskeeper must be unhappy that you're here today.
草皮 我确实削起过不少草皮 说得不错
Divots -- I do produce a lot of divots. Good one.
- Richard 很高兴见到你 - 我也是 Floyd
- Richard, nice to see you. - Same here, Floyd.
还有Bob 我不知道原来你也这么不中用
And, Bob, didn't know you were a duffer.
- 这更像是毁掉一次美好的散步 - 想要来一局么 Floyd?
- More like spoiling a good walk. - You want to play through, Floyd?
事实上 我正准备回俱乐部里去 然后就看见你了
Actually, I was heading back to the clubhouse, and you caught my eye.
- Emily怎么样? - 她很好
- How's Emily? - She's fine.
- 身体还好么? - 非常好 Carol呢?
- Good health? - Very good. And Carol?
不错 不错 她真的很想念Emily 想念她的伙伴
Fine, fine. You know, she really misses Emily -- misses her company.
我肯定 Emily也是
And vice versa, I'm sure.
她俩在宴会上总是粘在一起
You couldn't drag those two apart at a function.
- 她们要好得都能穿一条裤子了 - 我想她会很高兴再见到Emily的
- They were like conjoined twins. - I know she'd love to see Emily again.
我肯定Emily也这么想的
I'm sure the feeling is mutual.
或许我们能把这俩人再凑到一起
Then, perhaps we should get those two together.
恩 我们可以安排一下
Well, we could arrange that.
- 我可以让Carol给她打电♥话♥ - 随时都行
- I can tell Carol to give her a call. - Any time.
要是能一块吃顿饭 如果得她们获准 咱们也可相伴左右
You know, if it's a meal, we men could tag along if they'd let us.
这么多的假设 不过也不是不可能啊
That's a big "if," but that could happen.
- 或许Jason也能一块儿来 - 那肯定是个不错的小聚会
- Maybe Jason could tag along, too. - That would be a nice little gathering.
我下个星期要离开镇上 但这个星期五倒是有空
I'm out of town next week, but this Friday's free.
- 星期五这日子很好 - 希望能成真
- Friday would be perfect. - I hope it happens.
- 我也是 - 很高兴见到你
- I hope so, too. - Glad to run into you.
- 彼此彼此 Floyd - Bob Jason 回见
- Same here, Floyd. - Bob, Jason.
他想要一块吃顿饭
He wants to have dinner.
- 这是Carol还是Floyd的主意? - 不好说
- Was it Carol's idea or Floyd's? - It's hard to say.
- 这个真的是很不错 Richard - 那是大庭广众之下 整个俱乐部都看见了
- This is very good, Richard. - It was public. The whole club saw.
那他说没说是Carol想一块吃饭还是他想?
But did he say that Carol had wanted it or that he had wanted it?
- 你听到的是什么? - 我没听到
- What did you hear? - I was out of earshot.
同Floyd Stiles和睦相处 我真是做大梦都没想到过
Rapprochement with Floyd Stiles. Never in my wildest dreams.
居然是他先提出来的 谁能想的到啊?
And it came from him. Who saw this coming?
他先提到Carol还是先提到的吃饭?
Did he bring up Carol before or after he brought up the dinner?
- 我又没把对话录下来 Emily - 我得提议在我这儿主办
- I didn't have a tape recorder, Emily. - I'll offer to host it here.
我已经想好完美菜单了 星期五是吧? 那么Lorelai和Rory也会在了
I've got the perfect menu. Friday, right? So it's Lorelai and Rory, too.
星期五是他的意思 我当时根本没法反对
Well, Friday was his suggestion. I wasn't in a position to counter.
- 是啊 肯定没办法 没关系 - 而且他还看到我们和Bob在一起了
- No, of course not. That's fine. - And he saw us with Bob, too.
- 而且还是他主动提出来的 - 招揽Bob是明智的选择
- And still he made the offer. - Acquiring Bob was a great idea.
那就是七个人 桌子就没法等分布置了 不过没关系 哦 这真是太棒了!
There'll be seven of us. That's an unbalanced table, but that's okay. Oh, this is wonderful!
Floyd想要和平共处
Floyd wants peace.
看起来的确是
So it seems.
- Dean - 大惊喜
- Dean. - Surprise.
你来做什么?
What are you doing here?
- 我给你送礼物来了 - 一个书柜?
- I come bearing gifts. - A bookcase?
对 从旅店搬过来的 你去看看那儿是怎么了?
Yeah, the one from the inn. Do you see what's going on out there?
就快到了 就快到了
Almost there, almost there.
谢谢帮忙
Thanks for the help.
我应该去帮把手么?
Should I give him a hand?
他要自己为他所沉醉的事情尽心尽力 所以他是不会感激你的帮助的
If he doesn't work for his inebriation, he won't appreciate it.
星期五晚上有个盛大的派对 肯定是为那准备的
There's a big party on Friday night. It must be for that.
是么? 你要参加么?
Yeah? You going?
我有两篇论文要写 所以还是待在Stars Hollow好 图个清静
剧集 | 吉尔莫女孩(2000) | 导航列表