剧集 | 吉尔莫女孩(2000) | 导航列表
别告诉我这个像是...
Don't tell me this is what it looks like.
蜗牛
It's escargot.
果然是
That's what it looks like.
蜗牛?
Snails?
这叫蜗牛
Escargot.
黏虫的别名...
Slimy thing by any other name...
它们的味道就像大蒜加黄油
They taste like garlic and butter.
请别说"它们"
Don't say "they."
- 食物不该用代词 - 姑且尝尝
- Food should not have pronouns. - Give it a try.
如果吃了 我主菜就得"开杀戒"
But if I do and we're having road kill for the main course,
鉴于随后还有我不喜欢的菜
then I will already have used up my allotment
这次还是免了吧
of gross-out food for the day, so I'll abstain.
看来我们得从周五菜单中
I guess we should strike escargot
划掉蜗牛了
off the list of Friday night dinner foods.
甜心儿最喜欢蜗牛了
Sweetie loved escargot.
记忆犹新啊
That's funny how we remember those things.
- 甜心儿? - 哪个甜心儿?
- Sweetie? - Sweetie who?
是Nelson甜心儿 我们的老朋友
Sweetie Nelson, one of my oldest friends.
她昨天去世了
She passed away yesterday.
哦 真抱歉啊 外婆
Oh, I'm sorry, Grandma.
是啊 我听你提起过她
Yeah, I've heard you mention her.
她生病了吗?
Was she sick?
她病了好一段日子 最终还是...
She'd been ill for some time, but still...
举家悲痛
The family is pretty overwhelmed.
对了 Davis刚才打来电♥话♥
By the way, Davis called late today.
说葬礼定在周日举♥行♥
The funeral is going to be Sunday.
甜心儿是她本名吗?
Was that her real name -- Sweetie?
不是 她叫Melinda 甜心儿是昵称
No, her name was Melinda. Sweetie was a nickname.
为啥叫甜心儿呢?
Why?
什么为什么?
What do you mean, why?
我是说 怎么从Melinda引申到甜心儿的?
I mean, how did they get Sweetie from Melinda?
这两个名字没联♥系♥ 甜心儿只是个昵称而已
They didn't get Sweetie from Melinda. Sweetie is a nickname.
嗯 我知道是昵称
Yes, I know Sweetie was a nickname,
可是 通常昵称源于本名的一种叫法
but usually, a nickname comes from a version of your name,
或者有故事来由
or there's a story behind the name or something.
她人很好啊 就这故事
She was sweet. That's the story.
她的性格很好
She had a very sweet nature.
你想听什么故事呢 Lorelai?
Well, what kind of story did you want, Lorelai?
没 这样就行 她很好
No, that's fine. She was sweet.
所以大家叫她甜心儿 这故事不错
They called her Sweetie. It's a good story.
说实在的 我这刚逝去的朋友
No, really. Exactly what kind of story
到底有哪儿让你觉得好笑了?
about my recently departed friend would amuse you?
- 妈妈 不是好笑 而是... - 别说了 算了
- Mom, it's not to amuse me. It's... - All right, fine.
甜心儿的父亲以前很穷
Sweetie's father was a very poor man,
房♥子只够他们夫妻住
so poor that Sweetie and her four siblings all had to sleep in a hollowed-out tree trunk
甜心儿和她的4个兄弟姐妹 只能住空树干里
because the house was only big enough for their parents.
一年冬天 由于没有食物 甜心儿只得用报纸裹脚
One winter, there was no food, so Sweetie crawled out of her trunk,
爬出树干
wrapped her feet in newspaper,
在雪地里走了四十英里 来到附近的镇上
and walked forty miles in the snow to the nearest town,
她踉跄地走到了一家糖果店
where she stumbled into a candy store.
店老板可怜她 送给她一些糖果和莳萝泡菜
The owner took pity on her and gave her bags of candy,
并驱车送她回家
a dill pickle, and drove her back to her family.
还当场给他父亲一份工作
He promptly offered a job to her father,
他父亲欣然接受 后来继承了那家店子
who gladly accepted and eventually owned that store
并发展为世界著名的糖果连锁店之一
and turned it into one of the most important candy emporiums in the world.
所以她由此取名"甜心儿"
And that is how she got the name Sweetie.
说完了 这下明白了吧?
There, how was that?
唔 这故事很棒
Now, that was a pretty good story.
不好意思 Emily 你刚说葬礼周日举♥行♥?
I'm sorry, Emily, did you say the funeral is Sunday?
是的 怎么了?
Yes. Is that a problem?
呃... Hamoto先生来了
Well, Mr. Hamoto is in town,
Jason已经为他安排高尔夫了 随后还要共进午餐
and Jason has set up golf for him, and then there's lunch after that.
- 仪式什么时候开始? - 正午
- What time is the service? - Noon.
正午啊 时间冲突了啊
Oh, noon. That's cutting it very close.
我必须参加吗?
How important is it for me to be at the funeral?
- 无关紧要 - 啊 那就好
- Not important at all. - Well, fine, then.
请转达我的哀悼
Be sure to give them my condolences.
当然 快吃吧
Of course. Eat your food.
好像有活口
I think one of them is still alive.
- Lorelai! - 我说真的
- Lorelai! - No, seriously.
它五分钟前还在萝卜旁呢
He was over near the radish like five minutes ago.
- 这个闻起来怪怪的 - 没问题的 Kirk
- This doesn't smell right. - Smells fine, Kirk.
- 我想是鸡蛋坏了 - 鸡蛋是好的 Kirk
- I think the eggs were bad. - The eggs are fine, Kirk.
难道是用炖鱼的锅煎的?
Were they cooked in the fish pan?
闻起来一股鱼味儿
They smell like they were cooked in the fish pan.
不 鱼锅不煎蛋
No, the eggs were not cooked in the fish pan.
我们用蛋锅煎蛋
They were cooked in the egg pan.
那鱼锅和蛋锅是邻家? 或许...
Was the fish pan sitting next to the egg pan? Because perhaps...
我想吃奶酪!
I need something with cheese!
Lorelai 闻闻我的蛋
Lorelai, smell my eggs.
改天吧 Kirk 嘿 Luke在吗?
Not today, Kirk. Hey, where's Luke?
我想吃他昨天做的 奶酪馅儿油炸玉米饼
I want him to make that breakfast quesadilla thing he made yesterday.
Luke不在
Luke's not here.
去哪儿了?
Where is he?
他能拿捏好木菠萝对奶酪的比例
He knows the exact right jack-to-cheddar ratio.
- 他在那儿呢 - 哪儿?
- He's out there. - Where?
- 和Nicole一起 - 噢 谈得煞有介事的
- Over there with Nicole. - Oh, looks like a serious talk.
貌似气氛很紧张
And there have been zero light moments.
真想知道他们在说啥
I wish I knew what they were talking about.
哦 我可以告诉你
Oh, I can tell you what they're saying.
你怎么知道?
How?
我懂唇语 我女友教过我
I read lips. My girlfriend taught me.
这样既安静 又不妨碍交流
It's so we can have quiet time and keep the conversation going at the same time.
唔 她刚说 "硬木海绵是敌对记者的权利"
Okay, she just said, "Hardwood sponge is the authority of the hostile biographer."
然后他回答 "恰似电♥话♥线之于正宗俄式茶炊"
And then he responded, "Just phone cords to original samovars."
Kirk 这话狗屁不通
Kirk, that doesn't make any sense.
他们肯定在堤防咱们 转为使用某种代码了
Must mean they're on to us and they've switched to some sort of code.
他们才不会说什么代码呢
I don't think they're speaking in code.
想必Luke要回来了
Oh, I think Luke's heading back.
他站起来说"感受薯片"
He just got up and said, "Feel your taters."
恐怕更像是"回头再见"
Is it possible he said, "I'll see you later?"
不 我确信是"感受薯片"
No, I'm pretty sure about this one.
Kirk 太对不起了 我们不小心用鱼锅煎了蛋
Kirk, I'm so sorry, we accidentally made the eggs in the fish pan.
这是新煎的
Here's new eggs.
真不明白为啥大家 总认为我讲的是疯话
I don't know why everybody in this town always thinks I'm crazy.
开玩笑的吧
You've got to be kidding.
没有 我说正经的
I certainly am not kidding. This is serious.
- 那不是剽窃的 - 嘿!
- It's not plagiarism. - Hey!
你这无异于戏场里喊着火
Do you also like to shout "fire" in a crowded theater?
这里耳目众多 切忌"剽"字
This is a newsroom. Do not use the "p" word.
这文章字字出于我手
Every single word in my piece was written by me.
是嘛?
Was it?
瞧瞧这几句 "三三两两的追随者"
Look at this. "Small band of followers."
"雨水浸润的公路"
"Rain-soaked highway."
我看到过这样的语句
I've seen both of those before.
那当然了
Of course you've seen them before.
它们是描述三三两两的追随者
Those are phrases used to talk about a small band of followers or,
和雨水浸润的公路的惯用语句
you know, a rain-soaked highway.
连"戏场里喊着火" 这类陈词滥调都不算
They're not even clichés like "shouting fire in a crowded theater."
打住 你知道Stephen Glass吧?
I'm sorry, can you say "Stephen Glass?"
当下 整个新闻界的道德规范 正备受关注
The entire climate of journalistic ethics is under a microscope right now.
我们不能使用任何隐晦的语句
We can't afford anything that looks shady.
我可不想作为耶鲁日报的丑闻
I'd rather not have Tobey Maguire playing me in a movie
被Tobey Maguire搬上荧幕
about the Yale Daily News scandal, thank you very much.
我明白 可我没觉得 "雨水浸润的公路"有隐晦之意
I get that, but I don't think my "rain-soaked highway" looks shady.
真是典型啊
Typical.
- 问题在于你的态度 - 啥态度?
- It's your attitude. - What attitude?
你环顾下四周
Look around this room.
有的在打人类学论文
People writing their anthro papers on our computers,
有的在影印话费单
people Xeroxing their phone bills on our copy machines.
剧集 | 吉尔莫女孩(2000) | 导航列表