剧集 | 钱斯医生(2016) | 导航列表
法国的装饰艺术品
French Art Deco.
是你的吗
These are yours?
是 不是
Yeah. Well, uh, no.
以前是 可我刚卖♥♥出去了
It... It was, but I just sold it.
希望你卖♥♥了个合理的价钱
Hope you got your price.
我也希望如此
Yeah. So do I.
什么风把你吹到我们这边来了 医生
What brings you to our side of the bay, Doctor?
我有时候会来这边见病人
You know, I-I sometimes see patients up here.
我喜欢偶尔去去学校
I like being on the campus now and then.
让我想起上学的日子
Reminds me of my student days.
你有跟这边的哪家医院合作吗
Are you on staff at any of the hospitals over here?
没有
No.
以前有 现在没了
I used to be, but I'm not anymore.
之前你太太的心理医生让我去看看她
I was asked by your wife's therapist to look in on her,
因为她担心
'cause she was worried
你太太大脑可能会有创伤
that there might be some trauma to the brain.
医生可能会遗漏 所以我才去了
The doctors might have missed it, so that's why I was there.
我没想打扰的
Well, I didn't mean to intrude.
我看到你坐在这边
I just saw you sitting over here,
想着我该过来打个招呼什么的
thought I'd come over and say hello.
你刚说你在等人
You said you were meeting someone?
不 我没那么说
No. Actually, I didn't say that.
完全没有
Not at all.
你看
Oh, look.
好像开始下雨了 天气预报终于对了
I guess it started raining. Weather report's finally right.
瞧瞧
Well, well, well.
杰姬
Jackie!
看看我遇上谁了
Look who I found.
你还好吗
How are you?
钱斯医生正要告诉我他在等谁呢
Dr. Chance was just about to tell me who he was waiting for.
不 我说的是我没等人
No, I was just saying that I'm not meeting anyone.
那就是巧合了
It's a coincidence, then.
你都想不到 我在工作中
You'd be amazed at how many coincidences
会听到多少巧合
I hear about in my line of work,
你也想不到这些巧合
and you'd be amazed at how often it turns out
其实并非巧合的几率有多高
that they're not coincidences.
我就直说了
I'm getting to the point
我不相信巧合这种事
where I don't even believe in such things.
来 坐
Here. Have a seat.
这其实不是相不相信的问题
You know, it's not really a question of believing or not believing.
巧合就是恰好发生的简单状况而已
Coincidence is the simple condition of coinciding.
任何数量的人或事
Any number of people or things
在同一时间占据了同一地点而已
occupying the same space at the same point in time.
好吧
Right.
要我举个例子吗
You want me to give you an example?
请说
Please.
有个人在高档酒店的大厅里
There's a guy rehanging a light fixture
重新悬挂灯具
in the lobby of an upscale hotel.
不知怎的 他分神了
For whatever reason, he gets distracted,
于是没把活干好
and he doesn't do the job right...
留了几颗钉子没装
leaves some screws out of the assembly.
一段时间后 一个女人穿过大厅
Some time later, a woman is crossing the lobby
去酒吧找她的朋友
on her way to join some friends at the bar.
她从灯下经过
She passes under the light
恰好外面的一个建筑工
at the point which a construction crew outside
开始用起了电钻
start using a jackhammer,
让楼体产生了震动 非常轻微
and it vibrates the building very slightly...
但已经足够了
...but enough.
然后呢 她死了吗
Then what happened? She die?
没有
No.
事故引发了蛛网膜下出血
The impact caused a subarachnoid hemorrhage
导致了完全失语症
resulting in global aphasia.
她从此变了个人
She was never the same again.
我常常会看到
I see it all the time...
人们的生活发生不可逆转的变化
people's lives changed irrevocably.
我有时甚至怀疑 如果发生那么大变化
I sometimes wonder if it's by that kind of geometry
我们生活还是我们的吗
that our lives are our lives,
那些在时空里的随机碰面
those random meetings in time and space.
只是纯粹的巧合
It's just purest coincidence.
他们居然叫他钱斯医生
And they call him Dr. Chance.
那我们就不用为我们的行为负责了吗
So we're not responsible for our own actions, then?
你是这个意思吗
Is that the point?
那话我也听过好几次
'Cause I've heard that one a few times, too.
有人曾问威廉·詹姆斯
You know, someone once asked William James
他是否相信自♥由♥意志
if he believed in free will.
他说「当然 我还能有什么选择」
And he said, "Of course. What choice do I have?"
这笑话不错
That's good.
他挺好的
He's all right.
讲座怎么样
How was the lecture?
挺好的
It was good.
就这样吗 就这么一句
That's it? That's all you got?
跟我们说说
Tell us about it.
数学部的研究生
Graduate student from the math department
讲了巴拿赫-塔斯基定理
was lecturing on the Banach-Tarski paradox
和选择公理的主题
and the axiom of choice.
是吗 为什么
Really? Why?
我是说 这有什么好关注的
Would you care, I mean.
这是种悖论
It's a counterintuitive theorem.
一个实心球在三维空间里
A solid ball in three-dimensional space
可以被分成
can be split up into
有限的不重叠的许多块
a finite amount of non-overlapping pieces,
之后又可以被组合在一起
which can then be put back together
这就将在同一个球体上产生两个一样的部分
so as to yield two identical copies of the same sphere.
我♥操♥
Fuck me.
我从来想不通她为什么研究这些
I never understood why she puts herself through it.
你饿了吗
Are you hungry or what?
我是来买♥♥外卖♥♥的
I came for takeout.
有些文件得看了 明天要用
There are papers I need to read for tomorrow.
去点吧 我马上去结账
Go up and order it. I'll be up in a second to pay.
-不用了 -没事的
- That won't be necessary. - Forget about it.
很高兴再次遇见你
It was nice to see you again.
彼此彼此
Yeah. You too.
我们是分居的 不过你可能已经知道了
We've been living separately, but then you probably knew that.
不 我不知道
No, I did not know that.
我不是你太太的心理医生
I'm not your wife's therapist.
我之前只是想确定她受伤的程度
I was trying to determine the extent of her injuries.
说到这个 肇事的人还没找到吗
Speaking of which, they ever find the person responsible?
不管你点了什么
Whatever you're having here,
我去结账 这顿我请
I'm gonna pick it up. It'll be my treat.
-我不能让你破费 -当然可以
- I couldn't possibly let you do that. - Of course you can.
你能去看我太太真是太好心了
You were kind enough to look in on my wife.
还有 对 我们还没找到肇事的人
And no, we have not yet found the person responsible,
但会找到的
but we will.
这话你可以记下来
You can take that to the bank.
我问问你 钱斯医生 你结婚了吗
Hey, let me ask you, Dr. Chance, are you a married man?
正在办离婚
Divorcing.
-有孩子吗 -有一个女儿
- Children? - I have a daughter, yeah.
这我可不嫉妒
I don't envy you that.
外面挺乱的
You know, it's rough out there.
你明白我的意思
You know what I'm trying to say. I mean...
我们是掠夺性的物种 医生
we're a predatory species, Doctor.
跟他们在学校的神圣殿堂教的那些可不一样
That's not what they teach you in the hallowed halls on campus,
作为一个警♥察♥ 这话我不会跟媒体说
and as a cop, that's not what I'd say to the press,
但这就是事实
but it's the truth.
那就是我每天都要打交道的世界
I mean, that's the world I deal with every day, right?
下次我们再有这种巧合
And next time we coincide like this...
账就该算在你头上了
that's on you.
好吗
Okay?
我只想见见妮可 跟她说晚安
I just wanted to see Nikki, to say good night to Nikki.
好
Uh, yeah.
剧集 | 钱斯医生(2016) | 导航列表