剧集 | 发展受阻(2003) | 导航列表
Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything,
这是关于一个原本富有的家庭 失去了一切
and the one son who had no choice
其中的一个儿子别无选择
but to keep them all together.
不得不撑起这个家的故事
It's Arrested Development.
欢迎收看<发展受阻>
Michael was heading to work when
Michael准备去上班的时候
he saw something he had never seen before lunch.
看到了他在午餐之前从没见过的东西
His twin sister, Lindsay. You're up?
他的同胞姐姐 Lindsay 起床了?
Yeah. I work for our attorney now. Bob Loblaw. Of course.
我现在为我们的律师工作 Bob Loblaw 当然
What is he thinking?
他在想什么
I mean, how's it going? Lousy.
我是说 工作还顺利吗? 糟透了
You know, I only took this nanny job
接这累人的工作只因为
so he'd give me a free divorce
他能帮我免费离婚
and then marry me, so I'd never have to work again.
然后娶我 我就永远不需要再工作了
But all he seems to care about is that daughter of his.
但他只关心他的女儿
I got my horse to canter today. First time.
今天我第一次骑马慢跑
I've always wanted to make love on a horse.
我一直希望能在马上做♥爱♥
And tomorrow we're gonna work without a lunge line.
明天我们不用练马索练习了
That's so funny, because I can put my leg behind my head.
太好笑了 因为我柔软到能把腿放在脑后
I mean, come on, I'm the nanny.
我觉得 拜托 我是保姆
Of course, who wouldn't wanna snog the nanny?
没事 谁不想"亲抚"小保姆呢
"Snog." Is that another one of your new Britishisms?
"亲抚" 这是你又一个英式词汇吗
It was. Michael had recently fallen bum over noggin
是的 Michael最近和一个漂亮的叫Rita的
for a beautiful English woman called Rita.
英国女人"共浴爱河"[英式词汇]
Did I say "Snog"Again? Bloody hell.
我又说"snog"了吗 岂有此理[英式词汇]
Listen, you wanna win over Bob, you gotta win over the kid,
听着 你想赢得Bob 你就得赢得那孩子
and here's what you do. You find something that you're good at
这样 找个你擅长的事情
and you share it with her.
和她分享讨论
While you're at it, share it with us too, huh?
但跟她讨论前先跟我说你分享什么
And try not to act so desperate. Oh, my God, did I miss a call?
不要表现的太急功近利 天那 竟然有未接来电
This is Rita. Just wanted to say hi.
我是Rita 只想打个招呼
I'm on my way to the train station. Bye-bye.
我在去火车站的路上了 Bye-bye
She's leaving. I gotta get over there.
她要走了 我必须去
Michael raced to the station,
Michael用豹的速度去车站了
God, is that how I look?
天那 我也这么急功近利吗
where Rita was being given her ticket.
Rita正在接受指示
Here's your ticket and your instructions.
这是你的车票和指令
Call me if you get in over your head.
如果局势失控 打给我
Hey, hi there, Rita. Hey. Michael.
嗨 Rita 嗨 Michael
Hi, where you going and how long you going for?
你准备去哪儿 去多久
You're right, do not answer that.
也对 不要回答了
You know, I'm not getting clingy.
我不想这么粘人的
Why are you breathing like that?
你为什么这么喘
I wasn't hurrying to come stop you,
我不是赶来阻止你的
I was out on for my daily... Do you run at all?
我只是每天都 你喜欢跑步吗
Oh, yes. I was in the Olympics once.
是的 我参加过奥♥运♥会
I won a silver medal.
得了银牌
You're that Rita Leeds? Oh, my goodness!
你就是那个Rita leeds吗 天那
And silver medal. Yes you came on the second.
银牌 是的 你是第二名
Now I'm very speak out of breath, funny.
我现在说话说的喘不过气了 太好笑了
But you take my breath away.
你美得令我窒息
Michael, you're such a...
Michael 你真是个哔
Michael was stunned.
Michael震惊了
He assumed Rita was using the word...
他好像听到Rita说了哔
in the American sense, meaning weak or cowardly.
在美式英语里的意思是懦弱或胆怯
In fact, Rita meant it in the British sense,
事实上 Rita英式表达的意思是
meaning sweet or gentle, as in "Pussycat".
甜蜜或温柔的 就像"小猫咪"这个词一样
The Jerries aren't so bad.
德军没有那么可怕
They're just being led by a rotten apple.
他们只是被极端思想误导了
Reggie, fighting for your country, you're such a pussy.
Reggie 为你的国家而战 你真是我的甜心
When I miss your lips, I'll put a...
当我想你双唇的时候
in my mouth and think of you.
我会在我嘴里含哔 然后想你
That also had a different meaning over there.
这里同样还有个重大歧义
Michael returned home hoping to take solace in his son's company.
Michael回到家 希望在儿子身边找些安慰
Just the guy I was looking for.
找的就是你
I was thinking you and I should maybe go play a little catch,
我想我们俩可以去玩玩球
you know, maybe go for a run.
或者跑跑步
Do some guy stuff.
做些男人的事
But we're not good at that stuff. Yes, I am. We both are.
但我们不在行这种事 不 我在行 我们都在行
Michael and his son had
Michael和他的儿子从来
never been a very successful athletic team.
都不是一对成功的运动搭档
In fact, the only thing George Michael really liked
事实上 George Michael最喜欢的是
was hanging motionless from the monkey bars,
呆若木鸡的挂在横杠上
which The President's Council on Fitness ranks as
总统健身委员会将这个视为
slightly easier than the slide.
比滑梯更轻松的动作
Anyway, I was just thinking that maybe we should
总之 我觉得我们这个家庭
emphasise athletics a little bit more in this family,
应该更强调运动一些
I'm gonna start us off with a protein drink, okay?
我准备从喝蛋白质饮料开始 怎么样
Still doing that, huh?
还是接不住 对吧
Well, I do think we should go for a run, huh?
我真的觉得应该去跑个步
Some real guy stuff.
真正阳刚的事情
I'm supposed to go fabric shopping with Ann today.
我今天打算和Ann去买♥♥布料的
I think we can go butcher.
我我觉得我们能阳刚些
No. We're making a gown.
不 我们要做礼服
She's gonna be in a beauty pageant. Yeah. Who's Ann?
她准备参加选美比赛 Yeah 谁是Ann
My girlfriend. She's... You've met her. So many times.
我女朋友 你见过的 很多次
You've met her and met her. No, I know who Annabelle is.
你不断不断的见到她 我知道 那是Annabelle
Who's the Ann that's in the beauty pageant?
参加选美比赛的Ann是谁
That's her. Her name isn't Annabelle, that's Ann.
就是她 她的名字不叫Annabelle 是Ann
I know. I know that her name is not Annabelle.
我知道 我知道她不叫Annabelle
That's how I remember her name,
我就是这么记她名字的
'cause her body's kind of shaped like a...
因为她的体型像
She's the belle of the ball.
她是舞会上的美女
What is she doing in the beauty pageant?
她为什么参加选美比赛
She running the lights or something?
她是灯光或是幕后什么的吗
She's in it. She's a contestant.
她参赛的 是参赛者
Sort of like an inner-beauty pageant.
那种心灵美比拼的选美
There it is. What?
怪不得 怎么了
Is it like a Christian thing?
是教会办的吗
Well it's half. It's at the State Fair,
算是吧 在集市的时候举♥行♥
which this year's gonna be a Church and State Fair.
今年的集市将有教会参与
It seems the state had run out of money
因为州政♥府♥破产
and was going to cancel the fair.
集市面临取消
Until it was resurrected by this man,
但因为这个男人重启了
who agreed to cover the fair's costs,
他同意支付集市花费
if it included a church presence.
条件是有教会参与
I got some news for you.
告诉你吧
There's no such thing as an inner-beauty pageant.
根本没有选心灵美这种事
They're just gonna pick the chick with the best T and A.
他们只会最挑前♥凸♥后♥翘♥的女人
As a child, Maeby had been entered
Maeby小时候参加很多
into a number of progressive pageants
新式的选美比赛
that claimed to celebrate beauty in all its forms.
声称为了赞美不同形式的美
But the winners still tended
但赢家始终都是
to have it going on in the conventional sense.
传统意义上的美丽
Remember how badly you used to wanna win?
记得那时你多想赢吗
No, I remember how badly you used to want me to win.
不记得 我只记得你多想我赢
Yeah, we should have.
我们应该赢
I don't know where that hair of yours came from.
我真不知道你的头发哪里遗传来的
Shameless Plugs on Placentia.
普拉森舍无♥耻♥植发店
Looks pretty good, huh?
看起来不错吧
And they're not licensed, which means big savings.
他们没有执照 所以大省一笔
It's been happening a lot lately.
最近老是这样
You know what? This is the perfect thing to do.
这是个好机会
No, Mom, I'm not gonna do it.
不 妈 我不会去参加的
No, no, not you. Bob's daughter, Hope.
不 不是你 Bob的女儿 Hope
Look, if I can get Hope this crown,
如果我能帮Hope赢得桂冠
maybe her father might just wanna crown me.
她父亲说不定愿意戴我的花苞
If you know what I mean.
是不是说的很委婉
I'm guessing have sex, but that's meeting you more than halfway.
你想说做♥爱♥吗 但是比你想表达的还委婉
Tobias, wanna clean up that mirror?
Tobias 可以扫下玻璃吗
And the vase.
还有花瓶
剧集 | 发展受阻(2003) | 导航列表