剧集 | 暴君(2014) | 导航列表
A wife always wants to believe
自己是丈夫的至爱
she's her husband's greatest love.
但很久以前我接受了一个事实
But long ago I made peace with the fact that
我是他的次爱
I'm in second place.
抱歉 那谁是他的挚爱呢
I'm sorry-- second place to who?
阿布丁
To Abbudin.
您的对手 拉希德酋长
Your opponent, Sheik Rashid,
是您的家族近二十年来不共戴天的敌仇
a sworn enemy of your family for over two decades,
他形容您是这块大♥陆♥上
calls you either the bravest
要么最勇敢的人要么就是最愚蠢的人
or the most foolish man on the continent.
很有趣
That's really funny.
我都不知道拉希德酋长有如此的幽默感
I didn't know Sheik Rashid has that sense of humor.
但是...
But, uh...
我喜欢拉希德酋长
I like Sheik Rashid.
可我却不会给他投票
Uh, I would not vote for him,
这是肯定的
for sure.
但是我喜欢他
But I like him.
民众们也喜欢他
The people like him, too.
他在民调中遥遥领先
He is leading in the polling.
这话说得太早了
It's early to say.
选举还有很长一段路要走
The elections are a long way off.
而且我认为
And I think,
到最后
in time,
民众们会意识到
people will realize that
他们对酋长的感情
what they feel for the Sheik is actually
不过就是对一位
what you feel for an uncle
久未见面的叔叔的感情而已
that you haven't seen for a long time.
怀旧之情
Nostalgia.
但如果你环顾四周
But if you look around,
就能看到我们作为一个国家
you can see what we have built together,
一起建立的东西
as a nation.
我相信你会说
And I'm sure you will say,
我喜欢这些
I love that.
我想要更多
I want more of that.
我想要建立起
I want more of the people-- of the family--
这一切的家族
that did that.
您似乎很自信
You sound very confident.
您是否有兴趣听听
Would you be interested in hearing
酋长对您的评价吗
what the Sheik had to say about you?
您如何看待这位新上任
What do you make of this new,
年轻的阿尔·法伊德总统
young President Al Fayeed?
显然 他带出了他自己的一番新气象
Obviously, he marches to the beat of his own drummer.
当你和他同坐在一个房♥间里时
And when you sit with him in a room,
你知道和你坐在一起的是一头雄狮
you know you are sitting with a lion.
当然 不是所有的狮子都友好待人
Of course, not all lions are friendly,
有时它们会咬掉你的脑袋
and every so often, one will bite your head off.
但你不得不钦佩他的勇气
But you have to admire his courage.
其实他不必同意这些选举
He didn't have to allow these elections.
他完全可以拒绝
He could have simply said no.
对
Yes.
他能分辨出什么是明智的提议
He knows wise counsel when he hears it.
明智的提议指的是什么
Wise counsel?
他有个弟弟 巴萨姆
He has a younger brother. Bassam.
一个美国人 就像我说的
An American. Like I said,
贾马尔也许是头狮子
Jamal may be a lion.
但我觉得他弟弟就是驯狮人
But I suspect his brother is the lion tamer.
正是他告诉了这头狮子应该做什么
The brother who tells the lion what to do.
报告显示 三十年来的第一次
We are getting reports that for the first time in 30 years,
很多达到入伍年龄的年轻人
a significant number of young men of draft age
根本没有入伍
are simply not showing up for induction.
他们明知代价是死刑
This is despite the fact they know the penalty is death
或无期徒刑
or life imprisonment.
此外 已经入伍的人中
Additionally, among men already serving,
逃兵的数量也显著增长
we are seeing a measurable uptick in deserters.
同样的 这些人也知道自己面对的是死亡
Again, these men are staring at certain death,
但他们不在乎
and yet... they don't care.
最后一点 袭击军官的士兵人数
And finally, assaults against officers by conscripted men
也比去年同期增长了11%
are up 11% compared to this same time last year.
你觉得这是为什么
And why do you think this is?
流沙效应 总统先生
Shifting sands, Mr. President.
整个国家都嗅到了变革的味道
The country is sensing change.
而这种改革对现状不利
And change is not good for the status quo.
人们不会心甘情愿地
People don't obediently serve
为随时会解散的军队卖♥♥命
in a military they suspect of being disbanded.
已经入伍的人则开始寻找退出的策略
And those already serving start looking for an exit strategy.
人性使然
It's human nature.
你的意思是这些都是
Are you saying this is
我宣布选举导致的吗
because I have announced elections?
如果您看一下最新的民调
Well, when you look at the latest polling...
最新的民调
Latest polling?
总统先生 有人进行了一轮新的民调
Mr. President, there is a new polling.
不幸的是 调查显示
And unfortunately it shows
您仅仅拥有33%的支持率
you just with 33% of the vote,
而酋长则有44%的支持率
while the Sheik has 44% of the vote.
的确不尽如人意 但现在还言之过早
That's not perfect. But... still early.
而且44比33 还不是特别糟
And 44 to 33 is not really terrible.
是的 总统先生 的确
No, Mr. President. It is not.
但最头疼的是仅仅两周之前
Although it is somewhat troubling that just two weeks ago,
您还有37%的支持率 而他有41%
you had 37 and he 41.
让我好好想想
Let me think about all of that,okay?
非常感谢你们的宝贵时间
Thank you very much for your patience,
还有你们的支持与鼓励
for your support and encouragements.
谢谢
Thank you.
恕我不能起身
Forgive me for not getting up.
有时这双腿很乖 有时就不听话
Some days the legs cooperate happily. Some days they don't.
坐吧
Please.
谢谢
Thank you.
感谢您能在这么短的时间内见我
Thank you for seeing me at such a short notice.
听起来很紧急
You made it sound urgent.
最紧急的是我哥哥
What was urgent was my brother
自从几天前听了您在《60分钟》上说的话
not having to see me for a few days
就再也没有见过我
after hearing what you said on 60 Minutes.
你非常清楚自己在做什么
You knew exactly what you were doing.
我的竞选对手和我信任的人
Does it serve my interests for there to be friction
他们之间产生嫌隙
between the man I'm running against
我是否会从中获利
and the man I've come to believe?
是否会成为我胜利的原因
Is it responsible for any success he's experiencing?
答案是肯定的
The answer is yes.
你应该荣幸
Be flattered.
你让我想起你父亲
You remind me of your father.
是吗 那这是好事还是坏事
Really? And is that a good thing or a bad thing?
也许你会惊讶
This may shock you,
但我一直把你父亲
but I considered your father
视作一位杰出的政♥治♥家
an extraordinary statesman
直到他背叛我的那一刻
right up until the the moment he betrayed me.
你想说的是直到你背叛他的那一刻吧
Don't you mean right up until the moment you betrayed him?
是你轰炸了军营
You bombed an army barracks.
无缘无故地杀了许多阿布丁士兵
Killed dozens of Abbudin soldiers without provocation.
是吗
Did I?
这是事实
It's what happened.
你轰炸我们 我们回报以毒气
You bombed us, we gassed you.
我们的罪恶更深重
Our sin was greater
不过我想要是你不首先进攻的话
but I doubt it would have happened
是不会发生的
if you hadn't attacked first.
我是在与一个我相信
I was looking for a peace with a man
与我所求相同的人寻求和平
I believed wanted the same thing.
我从不先动手
I never struck first.
我根本就没有动手
I never struck at all,
我的人也没有动手
nor did any of my people.
那是谁干的
Then, who did?
也许是一个
剧集 | 暴君(2014) | 导航列表