剧集 | 暴君(2014) | 导航列表
巴萨姆
我有一个建议
我在你身后
自♥由♥公开选举
Free and open elections--
就按酋长说的
exactly what the Sheik said.
别 想想看
No, think about it,
这能给你所有你想要的
it gives you everything you want,
所有你希望实现的
everything you could possibly hope for.
这到底能给我什么
What does it give me?
选择
Options.
而且都是好的选择
And all of them are good.
这能带给你的
The first thing it gives you
首先就是广场会清空
is the Plaza will be empty.
当人♥民♥可以选择自己的领导人时
What can the people possibly protest about
他们还有什么可抗♥议♥的
when the choice of who leads them is theirs?
但是然后
But then...
我就得靠竞选来重新赢得领导权
I have to run to regain leadership.
是的
Okay.
结果能坏到哪里去
And what's the worst that can happen?
巴萨姆
Bassam...
我输的话
I lose.
我们的父亲所建立的一切
Everything our father built,
我们所成就的一切
everything we achieved...
我们家族的一切都会消失
everything we are ceases to be.
我理解
I get that. I do.
但是想想看
But look,
一个家族凭借强权意志
the days when a single family
维持统治的时代
can continue to rule by sheer force
早就结束了
of will are pretty much over,
不管举不举♥行♥选举
with or without elections.
你输了
So if you lose...
就是输了
you lose.
第二天早上起来
And you wake up the next day
还是接着过日子
and you start living the rest of your life,
只不过不会再有人想弄死你
except no one's hanging you,
不会再有人想追杀你
no one's shoving a bayonet up your ass,
不会再有群众要求要你的命
the crowd isn't calling for your head--
你转身就走即可
you just go away.
你把钱转到瑞士
You move your money to Switzerland,
或是其它什么你这样的人可以放钱的地方
or wherever guys like you move your money,
你可以买♥♥个属于自己的小岛
you buy your own goddamn island,
你还是世上最有钱的人之一
and you're still one of the richest men in the world.
但问题是
But here's the thing.
我觉得你不会输
I don't think you're gonna lose.
不会吗
I won't?
不会
No.
要搞选举 起码要
These elections are a year,
一年 甚至一年半
a year and a half away.
你得先修改宪法
First you got to change the constitution--
可能得花点时间
that's gonna take some time--
然后是竞选活动 要一年
and then comes the campaign-- that's a year,
甚至一年半 这段时间里
a year and a half-- and in that time,
人♥民♥会了解你
the people are getting to know you,
等他们了解了你
and when they get to know you,
他们会爱戴你的
they're gonna love you.
在他们开始爱戴你的过程中
And while they're busy falling in love with you,
你会像其他有权势的人那样
you're gonna do what powerful people do--
修二十所学校
you build 20 schools,
十家医院
ten hospitals,
几座公园
a bunch of parks.
那酋长能建什么
And what's the Sheik gonna build?
他什么也建不出来
Well... he's not going to build shit.
他就只会咳嗽 吐痰
No, he's just gonna cough and spit and...
用他浑浊的眼睛看着人♥民♥
look at people with that milky eye.
所以
So...
我们能赢吗
we are going to win this?
我觉得我们能
I think we can.
三周后
醒醒
Wake up.
看谁回来了
Look who's back.
真替你俩开心
I'm pleased for you both.
你俩好好玩吧
Here's hoping the two of you will be very happy together.
你什么毛病
What's wrong with you?
你什么毛病
What's wrong with you?
跟人谈判 把我们的生活都谈没了
Bargaining away our lives.
把你孩子的继承权也谈没了
Not to mention your child's birthright.
你居然还在为这个生气
I can't believe you are still mad about this.
三周了 你还在生气吗
Three weeks and you are still mad about it.
你不看电视吗
Don't you watch television?
他们说我是"中东的希望之光"
They are calling me "A beacon of hope in the Middle East."
他们真棒
Good for them.
你和你的小伙伴
Maybe you can call them and have them
跟他们玩去吧
play with your new friend.
我不感兴趣
I'm not interested.
早安 尤瑟夫
Good morning, Yussef.
有什么事吗
What can I do for you?
什么 《60分钟》
What? 60 Minutes?
什么
What is...
你说电视节目吗
You mean the television show?
他们要约我录一♥期♥节目吗
They want to do a piece about me?
酋长流亡20年后重新出现
与酋长在一起的一天
Spending a day with the Sheik
就像在跟访摇滚明星一样
is like trailing a rock star.
不管他去哪
Wherever he goes,
都有人围着他要签名合影
he is besieged with requests for pictures and autographs.
贾马尔
Jamal?
他从不会...
And he never hesitates to stop the...
议会等着你呢
The, uh, council's waiting.
建医院 学校和公园
It's a wonderful thing
的确是件好事
to want to build schools and hospitals and parks.
但我认为这不是
I don't think that's
预算管理办公室份内的事
the Office of Budget Management's issue.
那么...
Then...
他们份内的事是什么
what is their issue?
我是总统 我...
I'm the President. I...
我想要这笔钱
I want this money.
我需要这笔钱
I need this money.
资助此类项目的资金来源一般是
The way we would normally fund these sorts of projects
在国际市场上出♥售♥债券
would be to sell bonds on the world market.
并且我认为在一般情况下
And I don't think under normal circumstances
这本应该不成问题
that would be a problem.
解释一下
Explain.
只是...
It's just...
您宣布选举之后...
ever since you announce elections...
选举有什么问题
What about the elections...
有人担心债权人可能会改变
There's concern that the debt holder might change,
而变更后的债权人
and might not be interested
有可能会拒绝履行其义务
in honoring the obligations these bonds represent.
不不不
No, no, no, no, no.
债券发行人是不会变的
The debt holder is not going to change--
这正是要这样做的意义
that's the whole point.
我们希望人们能给我投票...
Now, we want the people to vote for me...
所以我们需要经费来有所建树
so we need money to build things.
为什么
Why?
您是总统
You are the President.
宪法并没有提倡选举
The constitution does not call for these elections.
这些选举毫无必要
There's no need for these for these elections.
这些选举不仅对我们没有任何好处
We gain nothing from these elections,
而且还会给我们自己的
and in fact may have created for ourselves
统治造成冲击
the mechanism of our own demise.
请取消吧
Call them off.
那人♥民♥该怎么办
And what about the people?
我们已经公布了
剧集 | 暴君(2014) | 导航列表