Vermont Covered Bridge? Vermont Covered Bridge.
佛蒙特大桥 佛蒙特大桥
I knew you two would have fun with that one.
我就知道你会喜欢的
Thank you for that. You're welcome.
谢谢你了 不客气
I'm so glad you enjoyed it.
你能喜欢它我很开心
And I also very much would like to thank Jeremy.
我还要好好谢谢Jeremy
He got St. Brendan's to feature us in their hospital newsletter.
他让St. Brendan医院在他们的通讯里加上了咱们
Us, in a newsletter. Bravo.
我们上定时寄送的医院通讯了 好极了
Well, as many of you know, I can be pretty persuasive.
你们都知道 我有时候是很有说服力的
He means sex.
他是指上♥床♥
Dr. Shulman, as you know, Christmas is coming,
Shulman医生 圣诞节快要到了
and I've been working on your annual gingerbread house.
我在为你制♥作♥一年一度的姜饼屋
My favorite surprise of the year.
我每年最期待的惊喜
Clue of the day, this year's structure
今日线索 今年的形状
is a New York landmark. Landmark.
是纽约的地标性建筑 地标
With two statues in the front...
它前面有两个雕塑
Statues. And I ain't lying.
雕塑 我可没说谎
The New York Public Library.
是纽约公共图书馆
Of course, yeah, that's it.
必须是那儿啊 说得对
He was supposed to guess.
本来是给他猜的
I'm sorry. It was just a very obvious clue.
抱歉 你给的线索实在太明显了
I didn't think it was that obvious.
我怎么不觉得很明显
Okay, I'll scrap it. Nevermind. I'll just start over.
我去把它给砸了 没什么大不了的 重头开始而已
I don't know where I'm gonna get gumdrops this late in the game.
都这个时候了 我不知道从哪儿能搞到橡皮糖
I'm sorry, could you stop glaring at me?
抱歉 你能不能不要再对我横眉竖目了
Just do the Flatiron Building or something.
就做熨斗大厦的形状不就行了
That's the one I was gonna do!
我就是准备做这个的
I was gonna do the Flatiron Building.
我都想好了要做熨斗大厦了
That's twice you did that to me.
你给我剧透了两回
It's all right, I think that pretty much
没关系的
wraps up this meeting.
这会也差不多开完了
Oh, Dr. Shulman, I have an announcement.
哦 Shulman医生 我想说件事
Sure, yep, fine. Okay. Thank you.
行啊 来吧 谢谢
Yeah. Thank you.
好 谢谢你
Now everybody can give announcements?
怎么谁都能说件事了
Entertainment.
有意思极了
Hi, everyone.
大家好
My name is Dr. Mindy Lahiri
我是Mindy Lahiri医生
and this is not only my first day at work
这不仅是我来上班的第一天
it's also the beginning of a new chapter in my life.
更是我人生新篇章的开启
A couple of weeks ago,
几星期前
I was basically gonna kill myself. Yeah.
我差点就去死了 是啊
I had just been dumped on the first day
我在一个很长的假期的第一天
of a very long vacation,
被男朋友甩了
but I think it was a sign from the universe
但是我认为那是上天给的征兆
that I needed a fresh start.
提醒我需要一个新的开始
There are no signs from the universe.
根本没有上天的征兆这回事
Just the will of our living Christ.
只有我们的活基♥督♥的意愿
Yeah, okay, same diff.
行吧 你说是就是
Since then I got a new apartment,
从那之后 我搬进了新公♥寓♥
I joined Weight Watchers,
加入了体重监测组
I signed up for this really cool new dating site,
还注册了一个很酷的新婚恋网站
it's called Ashley Madison. Ashley Madison?
叫Ashley Madison Ashley Madison吗
And best of all, I got to start working here
最棒的是 我能在这里工作
with all of you great people. Can you imagine?
和这么多优秀的人在一起 你能想象吗
Me--a well-educated Asian American woman in Manhattan,
我 一个住在曼哈顿的受过良好教育的亚裔美国女人
becoming a doctor?
成为一个医生
Anyway, in conclusion... Thank the Lord.
好了 总结陈词 感谢主
I am ready to start my great new adventure,
我准备好了展开新的旅程
and I think I can speak for all of us when I say
相信这句话能代表大家的心声
that you're pretty lucky to come along for the ride.
你们能参与到我的人生旅程中来真是太幸运了
So, that's me. Hi.
我说完了 你好
Yeah.
说得好
Can I talk to you in your office right now?
能去你办公室聊一下吗
Um, sure. Yeah, yeah, Jeremy, you too.
没问题 好 Jeremy 你也来
You seem so upset, Danny.
你看起来很沮丧啊 Danny
Do you need some more time off
你还需要再请几天假
to work things out with your wife?
和你妻子把事情处理好吗
No.
不用
You could use our cabin. The skunk died.
你可以暂住在我家的小木屋里 那只臭鼬死了
No, no. My marriage is fine, guys.
不用 我的婚姻没有问题
We're going to The Rockettes this week.
我们这周准备去看"火箭"舞蹈团的演出
I just want to know, why'd you hire this woman?
我只是想知道 你为什么聘用这个女人
I have to admit that maybe I hired Dr. Lahiri...
我必须承认我聘用Lahiri医生可能是
by accident? What? How?
出于意外 什么 怎么回事
I didn't have my glasses on,
我没有戴眼镜
and I thought I was reading the resume of another doctor.
我以为我看的是另一个医生的简历
Do you know Mandy Lahoro?
你们知道Mandy Lahoro吗
The resemblance is striking.
真是惊人的相似
We could've hired Mandy? Mandy Lahoro?
我们本来可以聘用Mandy吗 Mandy Lahoro
He's great. He's from Sudan.
他很出色 他来自苏丹
Put himself through school acting in "The Lion King."
他通过出演"狮子王"来支付学费
I know, but no, no, no. We hired Dr. Lahiri.
我知道 但是并没有 我们聘任的是Lahiri医生
So, that's that.
所以就这样吧
We'll just have to fire her.
我们只能再辞掉她了
Danny, the days in which you could fire
Danny 能够毫无理由地开除女性
a young woman of color for no reason are long gone.
有色人种的日子已经一去不复返了
At least three years.
至少再等三年
Well, she could quit.
好吧 她自己可以辞职
Right? You know, like, if she hated it here...
对吧 比如 她讨厌这里
and found it to be an uncomfortable place to work.
觉得在这里工作令人很不舒服
You are describing a hostile work environment.
你是在描述一个充满敌意的工作环境
Exactly. One of those.
完全正确 就是那种
I think you're really gonna love your new office.
我觉得你一定会爱上你的新办公室
Here it is. It's all yours.
就是这 只属于你
My office is a storage room?
我的办公室是储藏间吗
Yeah, storage room, fart room.
对 储藏间 也是大家来放屁的地方
It's got a bunch of different names.
它有很多名字
Is there even a chair?
这里连把椅子都没有吗
Well, there's a bunch of boxes.
呃 那有一堆纸箱
You could sit on one of those.
你可以坐在纸箱上
Okay, do you think, like, maybe you could
好吧 那你可不可以
help me move some of these boxes?
帮我搬一下
Oh, I can't. I got--I got a ton of patients.
哦 不行 我还有好多病人呢
Oh, oh--speaking of which, I meant to ask you:
哦 说到这个 我想问你
how exactly do I get patients?
我要怎么接收病人
Do the doctors, like, give me a couple of theirs?
其他医生会分给我一些吗
Well, it's kind of every man for himself around here,
这里大家都是自己顾自己的
but hey, you know, with a nice office like this,
但是你瞧 你办公室这么好看
you'll be fine.
你没问题的
All right, little supply closet,
好吧 小储藏间
you're not so bad.
你也没那么糟糕
Uh...help!
呃 救命
This website is pretty interesting.
这个网站很有意思
"Cute doctor makes big splash on her first day."
"美医生上班第一天大展身手"
Oh hey, Jeremy.
你好啊 Jeremy
Oh, did you come in here to fart?
你是来这里放屁的吗
I'm just here to check up on you, actually.
我是来看看你的 其实
I know first days can be pretty tense
我知道上班第一天会很手忙脚乱
so if there's anything I can do
所以 有什么是我可以做
to help you, um--relax.
帮助你 放松的吗
Wow, no one has shown me an ounce of kindness.
还没人对我这么贴心呢
Oh, you meant, like er-ee, er-ee, er.
哦 你是说 做啊
No, I'm sorry I can't.
不行 不好意思
I mean, you're very handsome in, like,
你真的很帅 就像
a Sunglass Hut model type of way,
墨镜广♥告♥男模一样帅
but I shouldn't get in a relationship at work.
但我不应该搅入办公室恋情
Well look, let me know if you change your mind.
好吧 如果你改变主意了 告诉我
Just so you know, I'm literally always ready.
提请注意 我时刻"做"好了准备
It's a medical condition.
这是一种医学症状
Oh, thank you for telling me that.
谢谢你告诉我
剧集 | 明迪烦事多(2012) | 导航列表