剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
the human capacity for self- deception.
尽管所有的民♥意♥调查结果正相反
Despite all the polls,
我仍然觉得自己有获胜的机会
I still felt I had a chance of winning.
然而 我的政党 刚刚遭受了历史上最严重的一次失利
Instead, my party has just suffered its worst defeat in memory.
我希望历史书能对我的任期成就
I do hope the history books will judge my premiership
做出比选民更宽容的评价
rather more kindly than the electorate has.
不管历史学家怎么看
Whatever the historians make of it,
你永远在我的首相排名榜上名位前列
you will always rank highly in my personal table of prime ministers.
非常前列
Very highly.
我会想念你的平静 坦率和可靠
I shall miss your calm, forthright, dependable presence.
尤其感谢你 在威尔士夫妇这件事上做出的帮助
And I'm especially grateful to you for your help with the Waleses.
没能解决皇家游艇的问题 我仍然感到很失望
I am still frustrated I was never able to resolve the issue of the royal yacht.
而且我听说工党依然坚持让她退役
And I gather the Labour Party is still committed to decommissioning her.
是的
Yes.
布莱尔先生的压倒性胜利
It is just possible that the scale of his victory
也许能让他变得宽宏大量一些
will make Mr. Blair magnanimous,
我可以试着 通过秘密渠道跟他们交流一下
and I could try having a word through back channels,
兴许能说服他的政♥府♥留下她
and I might be able to persuade his administration to keep her after all.
那样的话 简直对我太有意义了
That would mean the world to me.
你觉得他怎么样
What do you make of him?
布莱尔先生
Mr. Blair?
我不该这么问的
Oh, I shouldn't have done that.
嗯 最经常听到的批判是
Well, the oft- touted criticism
他的领导风格是“形象高于实质”
is that his leadership style is a triumph of image over substance.
他的年纪也备受关注
Much attention is also paid to his age.
四十三岁 我问过了
Mmm. Forty- three, I checked.
是1812年的利物浦伯爵之后 最年轻的首相
The youngest prime minister since Lord Liverpool in 1812.
不管有哪些批判 我们都不能否认他的成就
Whatever the criticisms, there's no denying his achievements.
他打破了工会对工党的控制
He's broken the stranglehold the unions had over his party
让工党再次有了当选的可能 这绝非易事
and made Labour electable again, which is no mean feat.
他察觉到了公民的心境 而我显然没有做到这一点
And he has caught the mood of the country, in a way that I clearly failed to do.
等着瞧吧
Let's see.
真正的政♥治♥家风范 并不局限于担任公职的时期内
True statesmanship is not confined to a time in public office.
你依然年轻
And you're still a young man too.
女王陛下
Your Majesty.
稍等一下 亲爱的
One moment, darling.
恭喜
Congratulations.
谢谢你 约翰
Thank you, John.
干这行真挺有趣的
It's a funny old business.
头天你还是首相 可以说是最…
One day, you're prime minister, arguably the most…
这个国家第二重要的人士
Well, the second- most important person in the country,
接下来 你就失去了工作 汽车 从你的家里被赶出去
and the next, you lose your job, your car, and you're evicted from your home.
一切都发生在午餐前
All before lunch.
我给你留了一张纸条 在…
I left a note for you on, uh…
在你的书桌上
on your desk.
祝你好运
Good luck.
布莱尔压倒性胜利
这是份了不起的工作 好好享受
约翰梅杰
首相到了 陛下
The prime minister, Your Majesty.
-陛下 -首相
- Your Majesty. - Prime Minister.
新任首相今天来见我了
The new prime minister came to see me today.
你适应得如何了
So, how are you settling in?
礼貌地闲聊之后 我提到了皇家游艇不列颠尼亚号♥
After some polite chit- chat, I brought up the Royal Yacht Britannia,
期望能做出最后一刻的挽救
hoping for a last- minute reprieve,
他提出一个新想法
and he offered a new idea.
一艘全新的游艇 但费用不由政♥府♥出
A brand- new yacht, but not paid for by the government.
-什么 -那怎么做
- What?! - How, then?
通过私人资金
By private finance.
耗资6500万英镑左右
At a cost of some £65 million.
也就是说
Which means that…
支付这笔费用的个人或公♥司♥ 会成为这艘游艇的拥有人
…whichever individual or company pays for it would own the yacht
然后在王室需要使用时 将它租赁给政♥府♥
and lease it back to the government whenever the royal family required its use.
什么 租赁使用
What, like a rental?
就像阿维斯租车公♥司♥似的
Hmm, like Avis.
其实这种做法也挺常见的
Actually, it's not that unusual.
在现代商业社会
In the modern, commercial world,
集装箱和油轮都是这样租赁的
that's what they do for shipping containers and oil tankers.
不列颠尼亚号♥不是集装箱
Britannia isn't a shipping container.
她是皇家游艇
She's a royal yacht
也是你母亲的标志性象征
and a symbolic representation of your mother.
所以他们想提出什么建议
So, what are they suggesting?
在游艇侧面写上 “女王陛下的不列颠尼亚号♥
That "HMY Britannia sponsored by McVities Biscuits"
由麦维他饼干赞助”
be emblazoned on the side?
他们建议 不再叫游艇为“不列颠尼亚号♥”
They're suggesting the yacht would no longer be Britannia.
而是给她一个新名号♥
She would have a new name.
说吧
Go on.
“新不列颠”
New Britain.
我还挺喜欢的
I rather like it.
等等 那不是布莱尔的政♥治♥口号♥吗
Wait, wasn't that Blair's political slogan?
-是的 -哦 拜托
- Yes. - Oh, come on.
接下来 他们要把他的笑脸 和又大又红的圆花装饰在船侧了
Next they'll want his grinning face on the side with a big red rosette.
我告诉他说 如果这是皇家游艇存在的交换条件
I said if those were the terms of the royal yacht's existence,
我宁愿让它退役
I would sooner it be decommissioned.
所以这就是最终决定
So that's the decision.
查尔斯的香港之行 将是她的最后一次官方行程
Charles' trip to Hong Kong will be her last official trip.
服役43年
After 43 years of service
环绕地球一百多万海里后
and more than a million nautical miles around the globe…
皇家游艇终于要退役了
the royal yacht is to be retired.
这是我第一次这么清楚地看到
It was the first time I've seen it so clearly.
过去几年对她造成的伤害
The toll that the past few years have taken on her.
她的痛苦或悲伤
And her distress or her grief,
并不是为了皇家游艇 也不是为了她珍贵的回忆
it was not for the royal yacht, nor her precious memories.
而是为了她自己
It was for herself.
还有她所代表的王室
And the institution she represents.
她似乎感觉退役的人是她自己
Like she felt she was being decommissioned.
在这种情况下 你必须做好准备 殿下
In which case, you must be ready, sir.
这个国家必须开始 为未来的你做好准备
And the country must start to prepare for you as the future.
为此我看了一下行程安排
To that end, I had a look at the itinerary,
我想办法安排好了
and I've managed to find some time
你和首相在皇家游艇上的一对一会面
for you to meet with the prime minister one- on- one on the royal yacht.
我也在白金汉宫发来的
I also identified one or two places
让你在告别仪式上宣读的演讲稿中
in the speech that Buckingham Palace has sent for you
找出一两个需要稍稍更改的地方
to read out at the farewell ceremony, just to tweak it a bit.
加入一点点你自己的想法
Just to give it a bit more of your voice.
我唯一无法改变的事情就是
The only thing I haven't been able to change is, um…
商务舱
business class seats.
那些政客们 外交大臣罗宾库克
The politicians, Foreign Secretary Robin Cook,
前外交大臣道格拉斯赫德 和前首相爱德华希思
former foreign secretary Douglas Hurd, and former prime minister Edward Heath,
都会坐头等舱
are all going first class.
王位继承人要坐商务舱
And the heir to the throne is in business?
恐怕是的
Afraid so.
这不是已经说明一切了吗
Doesn't that tell you everything?
你一定得勇敢一些
You're going to have to be very brave.
但我向你保证 你会熬过来的
But I promise you, you'll survive.
令人期待的未来
-我会跟他谈谈 -我没打算问你
- I'll talk to him. - I'm not gonna ask you.
好了
There you are.
最让人期待的是 能在这个位置上真正做这件事
I mean, the excitement is being in a position to actually do this stuff.
查尔斯王子今天飞抵香港
Prince Charles flew into Hong Kong today
回归倒计时终于开始
as the final countdown to the handover begins.
外交大臣罗宾库克批评了中国政♥府♥
The foreign secretary, Robin Cook, criticized China's plans
打算在交接数小时后即刻派兵的计划
to send in troops hours after the handover.
多迪今天给我打电♥话♥了
Dodi called me today.
说他已经 给马里布的那栋房♥子交了押金
To tell me he paid a deposit on the house in Malibu.
挺好
Good.
你该替他开心
Be happy for him.
万一他真的向那个女孩求婚怎么办
But what if he actually proposes to this girl?
那我们就给他举办一场盛大的婚礼
Then we will give him a magnificent wedding.
在巴黎
In Paris.
在丽兹酒店举办招待会
With the reception at the Ritz.
或者在苏格兰 在你的城♥堡♥里
Or in Scotland. In your castle.
我的长子娶了一个模特
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表