剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
Isn't she?
首相
Prime Minister,
皇家游艇的传统可追溯到查尔斯二世
there has always been a royal yacht, going all the way back to King Charles II.
它是王室为国家服务的核心 以及不可或缺的一部分
She is a central and indispensable part of the way the Crown serves the nation.
它通过提供服务而创造的收入 是无法估计的
And the revenue she has generated doing so is incalculable.
但我们正处于全球经济萧条期
But we're in the midst of a global recession.
公共开支的每一分钱 都会受到严格的审查
Each penny of public spending is closely scrutinized.
我担心 若政♥府♥将公共财款
I worry that the government spending public money
用于翻新奢... 翻新游艇 结果可能会适得其反
on the refurbishment of a lu-- of a yacht might backfire.
对我们双方都是
On us both.
我登基时
When I came to the throne,
所有的宫殿都是继承的财产
all my palaces were inherited.
温莎 巴尔莫勒尔 桑德林汉姆
Windsor, Balmoral, Sandringham.
它们都印刻着前任君主的印♥章♥
They all bear the stamp of my predecessors.
只有不列颠尼亚号♥真正属于我
Only Britannia have I truly been able to make my own.
或许是出于这个原因 这艘游艇对我来说
Perhaps for that reason, the connection between me and the yacht
远远不止是一种交通工具而已
is very much deeper than a mode of transport
甚至远不止是一个家
or even a home.
大到整个船体的设计 小到船上最小的瓷器
From the design of the hull to the smallest piece of china,
它就像是我漂浮在海上的化身
she is a floating, seagoing expression of me.
希望你也同意 作为君主
I hope we can agree that, as sovereign,
相比我为这个国家所做的贡献
I have made very few requests, let alone demands,
我很少提出过什么请求 更不用说要求了
in return for the service I have given this country.
我这样做 也许是期望 在我真正提出请求时
Perhaps the reason I have held back is in the hope that when I actually do,
他人不仅会认真对待 更会毫无异议地照做
people don't just take it seriously. They do as I ask without question.
因此 我希望政♥府♥能够给我保证
So, I would like this government's reassurance,
你能够给我保证 你们将会承担游艇翻新的费用
your reassurance, that the costs for the refurbishments will be met,
且一切安排到位后 你会通知我
and for you to inform me as soon as the arrangements are in place.
我明白
I understand.
好了
Now,
今晚的吉利斯舞会
the Ghillies Ball tonight.
我得问下 你擅长跳舞吗
I have to ask, are you a dancer?
...试图让乌克兰 成为一个独♥立♥的欧洲国家
...trying to turn the Ukraine into an independent European country.
他们想脱离莫斯科
They want to break away from Moscow,
背弃戈尔巴乔夫和叶利钦的领导
to turn their back on the leadership of Gorbachev and Yeltsin.
下午好 殿下 欢迎回到巴尔莫勒尔
Afternoon, Your Royal Highness. Welcome back to Balmoral.
殿下
Sir.
...瞄准西方国家以赚取硬通货
...to be aimed at the West in a bid to earn hard currency.
其他苏维埃共和国...
The other Soviet republics...
谢谢
Thank you.
女王陛下
Her Majesty the Queen.
愿意赏脸和我共舞吗 首相 我倍感荣幸 王太后
- Will you do me the honor, Prime Minister? The honor would be mine, Your Majesty.
你知道这是我的最爱
You know this is my favorite.
对 很好
- Oh yes. - Very good.
-准备好了吗 -准备好了
- Are we ready? - Ready.
最主要的就是记住绝不能跟着他
Main thing to remember is you mustn't follow him.
来吧
Here we go.
好的
All right.
但你得理解 将皇家游艇
But you have to understand, it's not just upsetting
贬低为一个成本效益方程式 不仅让人难过不安
to reduce the royal yacht to a cost-benefit equation.
还很冒犯
It's offensive.
我明白 翻修会给目前的经济带来不便
Oh yes, I know, repairs are an economic inconvenience,
但我认为这不算什么
but I would argue a minor one,
毕竟游艇是持久的国家象征
next to the yacht's enduring role as a national symbol.
且这艘游艇对女王本人来说很重要
And her importance to the Queen personally.
孩子们 跟梅杰先生说晚安
Boys, say good night to Mr. Major.
-晚安 先生 -晚安
- Good night, sir. - Good night.
-晚安 先生 -晚安
- Good night, sir. - Good night.
如果有兴趣的话 我可以给你讲讲本地历史
Some local history for you, if you're interested.
当然
Of course.
维多利亚女王在1852年 首次举办了吉利斯舞会
Queen Victoria held the first Ghillies Ball in 1852,
之后的每一年都会举办一次
and there's been one every year since.
原来如此
I see.
最初是为了向猎场看守人
It began as a thank you
以及其他侍从们表达谢意而举办
to the gamekeepers and other servants
渐渐演变成了如同农神节一般的狂欢
and has since developed into something of a Saturnalia.
如果你了解典故的话
- Hmm. - If you know your classics.
在这一天中 规则彻底颠倒 主人会为奴隶服务
Where the rules are turned upside down for a day. Masters serving the slaves,
所有惩戒措施都会暂停一晚
and all disciplinary measures suspended for the night.
看到了吗
Oh, did you see?
我刚刚和首相说 这里的人们会变得有些忘乎所以
I was just telling the prime minister that these things can get quite giddy.
我倒是从没见识过 等我上♥床♥休息后 真正的狂欢才开始
Not that I ever witness any of it. The real fun only starts when I go to bed.
-明天早上能给我一份完整报告吗 -可以 陛下
- Can I count on you for a full report? - You can, Your Majesty.
晚安 我们退场吧
Good night. Shall we slip away?
女王陛下
Her Majesty the Queen.
首相 我听说
Prime Minister, I understand you, um...
你今天和女王会面了
you had an audience with the Queen today.
我知道我本不该问的
I know I shouldn't ask,
但我希望公众能欣然接受
but, uh, I just hope it plays well with the public.
殿下
Sir?
那个 不列颠尼亚号♥的翻修
The, um... the refit to Britannia.
-这是她提出的要求吧 -殿下
- That is what she asked you for? - Sir?
有时候 这些老旧的事物
Sometimes these old things are...
不断翻修的成本实在是太高了
They're too costly to keep repairing.
你自己思考吧 我先走了
I'll leave you with that thought.
我们也退场吧 还不能走
- Shall we call it a night? - We can't. Not yet.
趁我尖叫前 你愿意陪我跳支舞吗
Will you dance with me before I scream?
真羡慕你 明天就能跳上飞机
I'm so jealous you get to jump on a plane
逃离这里 回归正常生活
and escape out of here tomorrow, back to normality.
我还要在这里待上两周
I'm stuck here for another two weeks.
但你刚刚度了一次美好的家庭假期
But you just had a lovely family holiday.
你和威尔士亲王看起来很幸福
You and the Prince of Wales looked so happy.
你可以通过婚姻的状态 来判断一个家庭是否健康
You can judge the health of a family by the state of the marriages within it.
看看
And look.
安妮和马克
Anne and Mark.
看看安德鲁和莎拉
Look at Andrew and Sarah.
查尔斯和我
Charles and me.
每一对的婚姻最多持续六个月
I don't give any of us more than six months.
家庭崩溃后 会发生什么
And what happens then, when the family falls apart?
要我说 王室就会崩溃
I say the institution falls apart.
然后...
And then...
这些展示和表象...
The presentation and appearance...
怎么了
What's the matter?
当你思考 自己作为首相可能会面临的问题时
When you imagine the problems you might be confronted with as prime minister,
你会想到首相问答的棘手时刻
you imagine... tricky sessions at PMQs.
自♥由♥落体式的经济下滑
The economy in free fall.
进入战争
Going to war.
但绝不会想到这个
You never imagine this.
温莎王朝的职责
The House of Windsor should be
应是让整个国家团结一体
binding the nation together.
为公众树立理想家庭生活的榜样
Setting an example of idealized family life.
可相反
Instead,
年老一代的王室成员们 过着自欺欺人 脱离现实的危险生活
the senior royals seem dangerously deluded and out of touch.
年轻一代的王室成员们
The junior royals,
软弱无用 为所欲为
feckless, entitled,
迷失自我
and lost.
威尔士亲王
And the Prince of Wales,
迫不及待想在公众生活中 扮演更重要的角色
impatient for a bigger role in public life,
却没有意识到 自己最了不起的财富之一正是妻子
fails to appreciate that his one great asset is his wife.
这种局面势必会影响国家的稳定
It's a situation that can't help but affect the stability of the country.
更糟糕的是 我感觉一切都会即将爆发
And what makes it worse is, it feels it's all about to erupt.
在我的管辖期间
On my watch.
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表