剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
-早上好 先生 -早上好
- Good morning, sir. - Morning.
英国广播公♥司♥
BBC Broadcasting House.
是的 没错
Yes, that's correct.
-早上好 先生 -早上好
- Good morning, sir. - Good morning.
是的 当然 是的
Yes, of course. Yes.
-重点是这个 好吗 -是 先生
-…main focus to be. All right? - Yes, sir.
好了 各位 我们开始吧
Right! Everyone. Shall we make a start?
正如议程上所写 我冒昧地…
As you can see from the agenda, I have taken the liberty--
你应该知道 通知英国广播公♥司♥董事会召开会议
I think you'll find calling any meeting of the BBC Board of Governors to order
是我作为主席的职责
is my job as chair.
那就随你吧 杜克
If you insist, Dukey.
没错 约翰
I do, John.
议程上的第一个事项
First item on the agenda.
我很高兴地向你们证实
It gives me great pleasure to confirm that the Royal Charter,
女王陛下颁发的皇家特许状
as granted by Her Majesty the Queen,
已经更新了十年的有效期
has been renewed for a further ten years.
太好了
- That is splendid.
好极了
Marvelous.
这是经我主持的
The fruits of months,
几个月 甚至几年的谨慎谈判的成果
indeed years, of careful negotiation over which I presided.
可以说 这个结果的产生 少不了我施加的影响
And whose outcome, I should say, I played no small part in influencing.
但最后的功劳会归于我身上吗
But will it be me who gets the credit?
不会 而是会归功于 我们名声显赫的总台长
Oh no. That will go to our illustrious director general
这位台长穿着阿曼尼西装 无带鞋
in his Armani suits… -…and his slip- on shoes,
满嘴讲着非英格兰本土语言
speaking a language that doesn't come from England
而是美国管理培训课上学来的语言
but from some management training course in America.
没必要这样
There's no need to do this.
他的思路如此狭窄
A man so blinkered,
眼前只看到 这些新的卫星频道所构成的威胁
so obsessed with the threat posed by these new satellite channels
却忽视了一个显而易见的事实
that he fails to see the glaringly obvious,
英国广播公♥司♥的生存
that it is our very difference from these channels
恰恰依赖于我们与这些频道的差异
upon which the survival of the BBC depends.
而非相似之处
Not our similarity.
我们拒绝背离里思的“公共广播”理念
It is our refusal to depart from the Reithian public broadcasting ideals,
首先要告知 教育大众
to inform, to educate,
然后再娱乐大众
and, only then, to entertain
这种做法造就了现在的我们
that makes us who we are.
我们是谁
And who are we?
我们是英国广播公♥司♥
We are the British Broadcasting Corporation.
大名鼎鼎的“BBC”
The BBC.
我们是“姨妈”
We're Auntie.
我一直很珍惜这个绰号♥ 为什么
A nickname I have always cherished. Why?
因为姨妈什么都懂
Because Auntie always knows best.
但约翰伯特珍惜这个绰号♥吗
But does John Birt cherish the nickname?
才没有
Oh, no.
对他来说 “姨妈”是种侮辱性绰号♥ 因为这代表落伍
To him, Auntie is an insult because it's not modern.
这代表不进步 不前卫
It's not progressive. It's not avant- garde.
看在老天的份上 约翰
For heaven's sake, John.
有谁会不爱最受欢迎的姨妈呢
What's not to love about a favorite aunt?
我想你这样的年轻人 可能明白该怎么做
I just thought you're young, you might understand.
但是有新的麻烦…
But there is new trouble…
要是这台电视没这么古老 我可能还能搞明白
I might understand it if it had been made within my lifetime.
你说得对 这台电视已经用了很多年
- You're right. It's been with us for years.
甚至可能是租来的
Elephant seals… Might even be a rental.
为什么不买♥♥台新的呢 我不想要新的大电视
- Why don't you just buy a big new one? - I don't want a big new one.
但新的至少会配有合适的插口和插孔
But it would come with the right sockets and jacks.
你也能收看到卫♥星♥电♥视♥台
You could get satellite TV as well.
来自世界各地的数百个频道
With hundreds of channels from all over the world.
什么 然后抛弃 英国广播公♥司♥电台 我可做不到
What? And abandon the BBC? I can't do that.
不代表你要抛弃英国广播公♥司♥电台
You wouldn't be abandoning the BBC, Granny.
改为收看卫星电台 会被视为国家元首 对国家广播公♥司♥的背叛
Switching to satellite would be seen as a betrayal of the national broadcaster by the head of state.
那可是叛国罪
It would be treason.
相当于我成为天主教♥徒♥一样
Like me becoming a Catholic.
难以想象这个屋顶上 安装一个又丑又大的卫♥星♥电♥视♥盘
Just imagine this place with a huge, horrid dish on the roof.
像宇宙飞船一样
Like a spaceship.
他们可以藏起来
They could hide that.
你可以装作看不见 听不到
You could just close your ears, bury your head in the sand,
假装不知道发生了什么
and pretend you don't know what's going on.
是啊 倒也不是不行
Yes, I think I can do that.
我到时可以看看 能否调出那个专业赛马频道
I'll see if we could get you that specialist racing channel.
你是说就像博♥彩♥商店里那样 夜里还可以看美国的比赛
You mean, like at the betting shops? With night races from America?
那我什么工作都干不了了
Oh. I'd never do any work.
你是赛马的主人 这也是你工作的一部分
You're a racehorse owner. It's part of your work.
帝企鹅的蛋
Our king's egg…
仍然安全
…is still safe.
是啊 你说得对
Oh, yes. You're right.
这台电视已经风光不再了
It does seem to have had better days.
就连电视也成了这个地方的隐喻
Even the televisions are metaphors in this place.
剧名 "火♥药♥"
我是不是很邋遢
Am I a mess?
让我看看 挺好的
Let me see. You're fine.
满脸都是口红印
Covered in lipstick…
再见
Bye.
-早上好 -早上好 马丁
- Morning. - Morning, Martin.
各位早 都挺好的吧
Morning, all. How are we?
-你有时间吗 -有
- You got a second? - Yeah.
关上门
Close the door.
我又和王妃联♥系♥了一次 她同意让我们自♥由♥提问 自♥由♥决定最后的剪辑
Spoke to the princess again. She's agreed to give us free rein on the questions. Free rein on the final cut.
唯一的要求是节目播出前 她得告知女王这件事
Her only stipulation was she be allowed to speak to the Queen before it airs.
她想什么时候录 本周日 肯辛顿宫
- When does she wanna record? - Sunday, Kensington Palace.
那时候应该人很少
She thinks the place will be deserted.
可不是么 那天是11月5日 是盖伊福克斯之夜
Of course, it's November 5th. Guy Fawkes night.
我也明白那个日子的意义
The significance of that date was not lost on me either.
我得向上级汇报这个计划
I'm gonna have to run this past a few people.
为什么
Why?
我答应过她 这件事只有我们会知道
I gave her my word that no one would know but us.
拜托 马丁
Come on, Martin.
这种级别的采访 必须通过新闻部长和时事部长的同意
An interview like this is gonna have to go to the Director of News and Current Affairs, at least.
很可能要总台长的同意
Probably the DG.
我家大英雄怎么样了
How's my big hero?
我挺好的
I'm all right.
学校怎么样
How's school?
挺好的
Good.
交到新朋友了吗
You made any new friends?
弗莱迪从MJA过来了
Freddie's been over from MJA.
那挺好的啊
Oh, that's nice.
我的宿舍里有两个男生 也许能和我成为新朋友
There are a couple of guys in my house who I think could become… new friends.
不错
Good.
嗯 妈妈可能也交了一个新朋友
Well, Mummy might have made a new friend too.
好吧
Okay.
目前只是“普通朋友” 但我希望他能成为特别的朋友
Right now just a "friend- friend," but I hope he'll become a special friend,
我想首先告诉你
and I wanted you to be the first to know.
你有必要跟我说这些吗
Do you have to tell me these things?
我以为你会为我高兴
I thought you'd be happy for me.
我希望你别跟我谈这些事
I'd just prefer it if you didn't talk to me about this stuff.
我不知道该怎么回应
I never know what to say.
感觉很尴尬
It's embarrassing.
你每天都会上新闻 对我来说已经够难了
It's hard enough with you being in the news all the time.
你让这一切变得更难面对了
You're only making things harder.
准备好了吗
Ready?
我得挂了
I have to go.
晚祷
Evensong.
好吧
Right.
再见
- Bye.
祝你生日快乐
祝你生日快乐
没必要这样的
- You shouldn't have.
祝你生日快乐 亲爱的苏
瞧瞧
Look at that.
祝你生日快乐
谢谢 干杯
- Thank you. Cheers.
干杯
Cheers.
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表