剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
祝你生日快乐
And a happy birthday to you.
看样子今年 我没法参加切尔滕纳姆赛马节了
It doesn't look as though I'll make Cheltenham this year.
真的吗
Really?
某位考虑很不周到的人 安排了法国总统来访问
Someone very inconsiderate arranged for the French President to visit.
陛下 要是不能亲自前往的话 你还可以在独♥立♥电视台上看集锦
If you can't get there in person, ma'am, you can always catch the highlights on ITV.
第四频道
Channel 4.
对 是第四频道
Channel 4, that's it.
切尔滕纳姆赛马节 是英国广播公♥司♥转播吧
I thought Cheltenham was on the BBC.
之前的40年都是
It was for 40 years.
后来第四频道支付了 英国广播公♥司♥五倍的费用
Then Channel 4 paid more than five times what the BBC was paying.
他们没法继续转播了 那可是切尔滕纳姆赛马节 金杯比赛
- We couldn't afford to hold onto it. - But it's Cheltenham. The Gold Cup.
你不能对此做点什么吗 在老公耳边悄悄劝两句
- Can't you do anything about it? - A whisper in hubby's ear?
或者在卧室里施展一下魔法
Or perform some magic in the bedroom.
我的天啊
Oh my goodness.
女王今天的状态有些不对劲
The Queen was not her normal self today.
她与一群最亲密的朋友在一起
She was surrounded by some of her dearest friends, yet…
但感觉她有点缺乏热情
she seemed a little flat.
可怜的女人
Poor woman.
那些孩子承担了太多
Those children have a lot to answer for.
每天报纸上都会出现新的恐怖报道
Each day brings fresh horrors in the newspapers.
我在想 英国广播公♥司♥ 能不能做些让她开心的事
I was thinking, couldn't the BBC do something to cheer her up?
提醒公众她有多辛苦 我们能拥有她是多么的幸运
Remind everyone how hard she works. How lucky we are to have her.
她的七十岁生日就快到了 是个好主意
- It's her seventieth birthday coming up. - That's a nice idea.
你们的专长之一
One of your specials.
表达我们的感激之情
To show our appreciation.
我去找总台长谈谈
I'll talk to the director general.
算我自作自受
For my sins.
谢谢
Thank you.
老天 全是最高级别的领导
God, all the top brass.
没关系的
It'll be fine.
你认为她的计划是什么
What do we think her agenda is?
我认为她有不少计划
Well, I think she has multiple agendas.
她感觉自己受到了误解
She feels misunderstood.
她很愤怒
She feels angry.
她想为自己辩护
She wants to be vindicated.
你认为她会批判君主吗
You think she'll be critical of the monarchy?
肯定会批判查尔斯
Critical of Charles, certainly.
跟我解释一下
Explain something to me.
她本可以找全世界任何一家电台
She could go anywhere in the world with this.
你是怎么劝说她接受你的
How did you get her to do it with you?
重点并不是我 对吧
It's not with me though, is it?
是英国广播公♥司♥
It's the BBC.
她接受我们的采访 因为她感觉这样做很安全
She's doing it with us because she feels safe,
能被理解 被保护
understood, and protected.
他太谦虚了 这也有马丁的功劳
He's being modest. It is Martin too.
只要他下定决定做某事
When he… When he puts his mind to something,
他是可以很有说服力的
he can be very persuasive.
好吧 给我一两天的时间
All right. Give me a day or two.
-我得考虑一下 -考虑什么
- I need to think about it. - About what?
把一个全国性平台提供给一位 带有私人目的的人 是否有违道德
The ethics of giving a national platform to someone with such a personal agenda.
会有很多人强烈反对
There'll be plenty of people that violently object,
尤其是我们的主席
not least our own chairman.
哈斯 他怎么了
Hussey? What about him?
除了对英国广播电台在国民生活中
Well, apart from having outdated notions of the role the BBC plays
以及在英国的灵魂中所扮演的角色 有着过时的观念之外
not just in national life but in the British soul,
他碰巧也是 女王身边级别最高的侍女的丈夫
he happens to be the husband of the Queen's most senior lady- in- waiting.
他宁愿失去左腿 也不会想让这种节目播出去
He'd rather lose his left leg than have this go out.
拜托 你们不知道吗 他在战争中失去了右腿
Now, come on, you did know that? He lost his right one in the war.
在战俘营里被截肢了
Amputated in a prisoner of war camp.
我要确保这件事不能再继续传播
I wanna make absolutely sure this goes no further.
约翰
John?
稍等一下
Be back in a moment.
杜克哈斯的办公室打过电♥话♥ 他想见你
Duke Hussey's office called. He wants to see you.
他们有说为什么吗
Did they say why?
他们只是说很紧急 询问能不能今天下午见面
They just said it was urgent and if you could make time this afternoon?
下午好 先生
Good afternoon, sir.
下午好
Good afternoon.
如你所知 我从未试图干预过编辑事务
As you know, I've never sought to interfere in editorial matters
或以任何方式影响节目制♥作♥人
or influence program makers in any way.
作为台长 这是你的管辖领域
As DG, that's your sphere.
但我的任期已经快要结束了
But as I reach the end of my tenure,
我想询问你是否能允许一次例外
I wonder if you might allow me one exception. And for you.
我想让电台为女王做点什么
I'd like us to do something for the Queen.
算是表达敬意
Some sort of tribute.
展现她有多辛苦工作 拥有她 我们是多么的幸运
About how hard she works and how bloody lucky we are to have her.
这是你今天找我见面的原因
And that's why you've asked me here today?
是的
Yes.
我只是想提出这个问题
Just to ask the question.
很厚脸皮吗
Is that very cheeky of me?
因为不管人们对王室有什么样的想法
Because whatever one may think of the royal family,
她一直表现得很出色
she has been remarkable
在我看来 她没有得到应得的赞扬或感激
and doesn't, in my view, get the credit or the gratitude she deserves.
而这些不正是 英国广播公♥司♥的目标之一吗
And isn't that one of the many things that the BBC's for?
向王室示好
To kiss the ring?
如果你想这么说的话
If you like.
我看得出来 这不是时兴的做法
I can see it's an unfashionable line to take,
但无论好坏
but for better or worse,
我相信君主是英国特色的一部分
I believe it is part of the British character to have a monarchy.
没有了君主 还剩下什么
Take that away, huh, what are you left with?
一个平等 现代的共和国
An egalitarian, modern republic?
但不再是英国了
But not Britain.
一个全新的英国
A new Britain.
一个不同的英国
A different Britain.
不再是了不起的英国
Not Great Britain.
英国广播公♥司♥也一样
It's the same with the BBC.
没有了英国广播公♥司♥ 还剩下什么
Take away the BBC, and what are you left with?
一个国家 但不再是英国
A country, but not Britain.
从这个角度看 这两个机构
In that way, the two institutions,
王室和英国广播公♥司♥ 本质上是相互交织在一起的
Crown and BBC, are inherently intertwined.
顺便说一句 我们的存在多亏了皇家特许状
Reflected, incidentally, in the fact that we exist thanks to a royal charter.
你把君主视为这个国家的外在建筑
You see the monarchy as part of the architecture of this country.
是的
I do.
但越来越多的人
But more and more people
已经开始将它视为 其中的一部分装饰而已
have grown to see it simply as part of the furniture.
虽然从他们生来就存在
Something they've grown up with
但并不是不可或缺的东西
but not something that can't be rearranged.
如有必要 可以废除或更换
Thrown out, if need be, or replaced.
英国广播公♥司♥也是如此
And the same goes for the BBC.
一项又一项民♥意♥调查显示 人们迫切要求革新改变
Poll after poll show that people are crying out for change
要从战后时代迈入一个更…
from the post- war era into something much more--
迈入一个粗俗 商业化 由鲁伯特默多克掌控的卫星电台时代
To a crass, commercial, satellite era, controlled by Rupert Murdoch
虽然有无限选择 一千个不同的频道 但都在提供垃圾内容
with limitless choice and a thousand different channels, all offering rubbish?
听着 我知道我的职责是不加干涉
Look… I know my role is not to interfere.
我只是想 我已经做了近十年的主席 就快要满期了
I just thought I've been chairman now for almost ten years, my full term,
我从未提过任何要求
and I've never asked a thing.
我知道 你总是像老鼠一样安静 杜克
I know. You've been quiet as a mouse, Dukey.
我这么做不是为自己
And I do this, not for myself,
而是为了这个 我能有幸为之服务一生的国家
but for a country it has been my privilege to serve my whole life.
拜托 约翰
Oh, come on, John.
只需做一♥期♥ 极具英国广播公♥司♥风格的节目
A nice, one- off program in the grand BBC style
让所有人团结一心 向我们最伟大的人物之一表达感谢
that brings us all together to celebrate one of our greatest assets
向她表示:“谢谢你 陛下”
and say, "Thank you, ma'am."
史蒂夫赫利特
Steve Hewlett.
史蒂夫 我是约翰
Steve, it's John.
我们讨论的那个篝火之夜的事情
That bonfire night thing we discussed,
行动吧
let's go for it.
军情五处 肮脏伎俩
军情六处
军情五处
军情五处 军情六处 通信情报局
奔富
杰夫森
奔富
嗨
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表