剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表
该怎么形容威尔士亲王这个身份呢
And how does one describe being Prince of Wales?
这算不上是份工作
I mean, it's hardly a job.
更谈不上是一种职业
Still less a… a vocation.
只能说是一种
It's simply a…
窘境
predicament.
前几任威尔士亲王
Previous Princes of Wales
乐于在虚度的生活中消损光阴
have been happy to misspend their lives in idle dissipation,
但我的问题在于 我根本受不了赋闲无事
but my problem is, I can't bear idleness.
或是消损时光
Or dissipation.
每一天我都要会见各行各业的人
Every day, I meet people from all walks of life.
大臣 科学家 企业家
Ministers, scientists, entrepreneurs,
与我同龄的男性女性 步入这个世界 留下自己的痕迹
men and women my age who've gone out into the world and made their mark.
偏偏正是这种事情
It's precisely the thing
我不能去做
that I'm not allowed to do.
换作任何其他专业领域
In any other professional sphere, I'd be
我现在应该处于权势的巅峰
at the peak of my powers.
可现实中
Instead,
我是什么 我只是个…
what am I? I'm just a…
没用的装饰物件
useless ornament,
被困在等待室内
stuck in a waiting room,
积尘而已
gathering dust.
我又在絮叨了 吃饱喝足就开始抱怨
There I go again. Always a little whine with my cheese.
开玩笑 只不过能跟密友们谈谈心 感觉很好
No, it just feels so good to tell it as it is to close friends.
我们理解
We understand.
您真是英雄无用武之地 殿下
You're a criminally wasted resource, sir.
看看您通过王子信托基金 做的那些了不起的工作
Look at the extraordinary work you do with the Prince's Trust.
彻底改变年轻人的生活 每年提供成千上万笔补助金
Turning young lives around, giving out thousands of grants a year.
准确地说是两万笔
Twenty thousand, to be precise.
我们最新的计划 是在全国各地资助建立夜间学习中心
Our latest initiative is this funding of evening centers up and down the country
以便家庭空间拥挤 以及低收入家庭的孩子
where children from crowded and low-income households
能去那里做作业
can come and do their homework.
真是个了不起的想法
What a wonderful idea.
听起来可完全不像是积尘的装饰物
Doesn't sound like an ornament gathering dust to me.
谢谢你这么说 南希
- Oh, thank you, Nancy.
好了 我还有其他工作要完成 我先告辞了
Now, the day's work is still not done, so will you excuse me?
-晚安 -晚安 殿下
- Good night. - Good night, sir.
一 二 三 传给我
One, two, three, pass me up.
拜托 你传得太慢了 快点
Come on, you're doing it so slowly. Come on!
-我有五张牌 -喂
- I've got five cards. - Hello?
安德鲁
Andrew.
-殿下 -说明我还是输了吗
- Your Royal Highness. - Does that mean I still lose?
妈妈
Mummy?
-她… -她马上就接电♥话♥
- Is she, um… - She'll be with you in just a moment.
我得等她去另一个房♥间接电♥话♥
I have to wait until she picks up in the other room.
一 二 三 传给我
One, two, three, pass me up.
你们大家都在一起呢
So, is everyone, uh, there together?
是的 都在这里
Yes, all here.
毕竟是一年里最特别的时刻
Such a special time of year.
只有你们四个一起过圣诞还是…
And is it just the four of you for Christmas, or…?
应该是她接起来了
- I believe that's her now, sir.
谢谢
Thank you.
好了 我来玩 给我腾地方 劳拉 你又在作弊吗
- Right, I'm playing. Move up. Laura, you been cheating again?
喂
Hello.
真希望接电♥话♥的人是你 我总是不知道该说什么
Wish you would answer the phone. I never know what to say.
现在只有我一人了
We're alone now.
我在卧室里
I'm in the bedroom.
-在床里 -坐在床上呢
In bed? On top of it. - Hmm.
艳福不浅的老家伙
- Lucky old bed.
你还在柴郡吗
Are you still in Cheshire?
是啊
I am, yeah.
非常想念你
- Missing you terribly.
但你很快就会回来的 亲爱的
Back soon though, my darling.
明天还要去牛津做演讲吗
Are you still making the speech in Oxford tomorrow?
是啊
Yes.
我打电♥话♥正是为了这个 你能稍稍帮我听一下吗
That's the reason I called, actually. Could you bear to quickly listen to it?
很长吗 家里人很多的
Is it very long? We're a full house.
不长 挺短的 简短有力
No, short. And punchy.
还有一点争议
And a bit controversial.
所以我才想听听你的意见 你总是能适时地约束我
Which is why I… want your opinion. You always know best when to rein me in.
好吧
All right.
主题是什么来着
Remind me of the subject.
在学校里教授英语语言
The teaching of English language in schools.
“英国创造了世上最美丽的语言之一
"It is quite astounding to think that in England,
这一点总是令人惊讶不已
we have produced one of the world's most beautiful languages."
然而 这种语言退化的速度
"However, the rate at which that language is degenerating
已经引起了人们的关注
has become a cause for concern."
对于下一代人来说 这是个悲剧
"It's a tragedy for the next generation
在济慈 雪莱 莎士比亚
that in the birthplace of the language of Keats,
所使用的语言诞生地 保护这种语言
of Shelley, of Shakespeare, efforts to preserve that language
维护英语教学的标准 已不再是学校的首要任务
and uphold the standards of its teaching are no longer a priority."
如果研究一下 英语在商业场合 大众媒体中
"If we look at the way English is used in business, in the popular press,
或电视节目中
or on television programs,
甚至在中小学 大学和研究机构中的使用情况
or indeed in our schools, universities, and institutions,
你就会发现 我们伟大的母语已变得十分贫瘠”
you'll see just how impoverished our great mother tongue has become."
地址是
What's the address?
萨顿街道
Sutton Drive. Sutton Drive.
-你在哪个镇 -切斯特
- And what town are you in? - Chester.
急救中心 告诉我到底发生了什么
Emergency, tell me exactly what's happened.
救护车 我需要救护车
Ambulance. I need an ambulance.
赫德利十字路口出了小事故
Got a minor accident on the Hedley crossroads,
可能是醉驾
possible drink driving.
病人在流血吗
Is the patient bleeding?
我想是的
Uh, yeah. Yeah, yeah, I think so.
没错 他在流血
Yeah, no, he is bleeding.
他在耍我 他疯了
He's taking the piss. He's lost it.
好 先生 你能冷静下来 告诉我到底发生了什么吗
Okay, sir, can you calm down and tell me exactly what's happened?
“你就会发现 我们伟大的母语已变得十分贫瘠
"…see just how impoverished our great mother tongue has become."
一切事情都用‘说到底’来形容
"Everything happens 'at the end of the day.'"
所有境况都是‘双赢’局面
"And every situation is a 'win-win.'"
作为威尔士亲王 我这样说可能会引起争议
"As Prince of Wales, I won't be thanked for saying this,
但这种言语腐♥败♥ 正始于那些有责任保护
but the rot begins in the very institutions whose duty it is
我们引以为傲的 语言和文化遗产的机构
to preserve our proud linguistic and cultural heritage."
若想继续培养下一代伟大的作家
"If we want to produce the next generation of great writers,
我们必须利用教育体系
we must use our education system
来保护我们最重要的国家出口产品
to protect what is surely our greatest national export,
英语语言
-the English language."
它同其他任何语言一样
"Which, like any language,
不仅仅只是词汇的组合
is so much more than a collection of words."
它是在不同背景
"It is a means of building bridges
文化和世代的人之间 搭建桥梁的一种手段”
between people of different backgrounds, cultures, and generations."
你觉得怎么样
What do you think?
我觉得很出色
I think it's brilliant.
我觉得你可以更进一步
I think you could go further.
我们的语言就像是 一个需要保护的濒危物种
Our language is like an endangered species that needs to be protected.
让英语被如此乱用 简直是种耻辱
It's a scandal the way we're letting it be slaughtered.
嗯 我很同意
Well, I quite agree.
但我给私人秘书读时 他觉得我说得有些过分了
But I read it to my private secretary. He thinks I might have gone too far.
给听众一些回味的余地 也许更好一些
I suppose it might be better to leave the audience wanting more.
是啊
Yes.
我想到时候还是视气氛而定吧
I suppose one has to be aware of it in the room.
就跟着感觉走 如果…
Just feel one's way along with it, if you…
你明白我的意思的话
- If you know what I mean. Mmm.
你很擅长跟着感觉走
You're awfully good at feeling your way along.
别说了
- Stop it.
太危险了
It's too dangerous.
如果报道这件事 我们可能要承担
If we run this, we'd risk being responsible
破坏王室婚姻这种风险
for breaking up a royal marriage.
但我也不希望街对面的朋友
But, uh, I don't want our friend crossing the street
把这个消息卖♥♥给别家媒体
and selling it to anyone else either.
他要多少都给他
剧集 | 王冠 | 导航列表