剧集 | 塞尔福里奇先生(2013) | 导航列表
I want merchandise that people will desire.
只有摆在他们眼前
Merchandise people don't even know they will desire
他们才意识到购买♥♥欲的商品
until they see it right in front of their eyes.
现在 我对你们有极大的期待
Now, I expect great things from you.
整理好行装 女士们先生们
Pack your bags, ladies and gentlemen.
去把世界上的好商品带进来塞尔福里奇吧
Go and bring the world to Selfridges!
这确实听起来很野心勃勃
It does all seem awfully ambitious.
好到难以实现
Too good to be true.
我知道
I know.
我离开德比与弗雷迪商店的方式挺尴尬的
I left Debenham and Freebody rather in the lurch.
他们绝对不会要我回去了
I'm sure they wouldn't take me back.
要是这边不成 我都不知道该怎么办
I don't know how I'd manage if it didn't come off.
我是说 这店都还没开始建呢
I mean, the store's not even built yet.
我听说他还没凑到钱呢
I've heard whispers that he hasn't got the money together yet.
这些估计是嫉妒的竞争对手放出来的谣言
These things are most likely spread about by jealous rivals.
- 是的 当然 - 当然
- Yes. Of course. - Of course.
话虽如此
All the same.
卡布先生!
Mr Crabb!
商场开场之前 我们都能拿到薪水 是吧
We can rely on our salary until the store opens, can't we?
我家里还有个生病的妻子
I have an invalid wife at home.
肯定的 格罗夫先生
Absolutely, Mr Grove.
一切照常运行
All is in order.
- 冰淇淋 我觉得 - 冰淇淋
- Ice cream, I guess. - Ice cream.
我们会有专卖♥♥冰淇淋的部门
We'll have a whole department for ice cream.
- 确保是正宗的美式冰淇淋 - 当然
- Make sure it's real American ice cream. - Of course.
- 戈顿 - 玩具和枪
- Gordon. - Toys and guns.
玩具和枪 把最好的那种列个清单
Toys and guns. Make a list of the best kind.
碧翠丝
Beatrice.
我们能设个专供孩子们玩耍的地方吗?
Can't we have a special place for children to play?
当他们的妈妈买♥♥东西的时候?
While the moms are shopping?
好主意 阿碧
That is a great idea, B.
早上好
Good morning.
早上好
Good morning.
听听这个
Listen to this.
塞尔福里奇先生的想法不切实际
Mr Selfridge's ideas are grandiose
并且过度自信
and his confidence boundless.
我们将拭目以待这自信是否用错了地方
We shall await with interest to see whether that confidence is misplaced.
还有这家伙指责我怂恿他人的不诚实行为
And this fellow here accuses me of tempting people to dishonesty
就因为我提议把商品都拿出来展示!
by proposing to put the goods out on open display!
去花♥园♥里玩 孩子们
Out into the garden, children.
这里的媒体有什么毛病
What is it with the press over here?
他们貌似巴望着我的失败
It seems as if they WANT us to fail.
早上天气很好
It's a beautiful morning.
面对新事物时总有会偏见产生
There's always prejudice against something that's new.
但他们就不能给别人个机会吗?
But can't they give a fellow a chance?
他们会的
They will.
当他们真正看到这个店的时候
Once they see the store for real.
今早花♥园♥这么美
The garden is so beautiful this morning.
要不我们和孩子们一起出去?嗯?
Why don't we join the children? Hm?
我要迟到了 抱歉
I'm late. I'm sorry.
- 但我们待会见 - 哦 好的
- But I will see you later. - Oh. All right.
快点 姑娘 地板可不会擦干净自己
Come on, girl. Those floors aren't going to scrub themselves.
早上好 先生
Good morning, sir.
早安
Morning.
早上好 塞尔福里奇先生
Good morning, Mr Selfridge.
早安
Morning.
- 早上好 - 早上好 塞尔福里奇先生
- Good morning. - Morning, Mr Selfridge.
你看报纸了吗?
Have you seen the papers?
看了 不怎么好
Yeah. Not so good.
只要看到我们的广♥告♥预算和听到他们老婆
They'll change their tune once they see how much we're gonna put into advertising.
夸赞我们商场时 他们就会改变♥态♥度了
And when their wives tell 'em what a great place we are to shop at.
- 显然你没看到这个 - 什么?
- You clearly haven't seen this. - What?
- 华荣要退出了 - 什么?
- Waring's pulling out. - What?
他答应过我的
He promised me.
我不得不说 我警告过你的 塞尔福里奇先生
I have to say, I did warn you, Mr Selfridge.
他承诺不透露给媒体的
He swore he'd keep it out of the papers.
塞尔福里奇先生? 塞尔福里奇先生!
Mr Selfridge? Mr Selfridge!
说!
Yes!
我能理解为你一早就知道此事了吗?
Am I to understand that you knew about this already?
他上周的确说过
He did say something last week.
所谓英国绅士的协议就到此为止了
So much for English gentleman's agreements.
那你认为不告诉身为首席财务的我合适吗
And you thought it proper not to inform me, as Head of Finance,
况且你还授权各种花费
while you authorised all sorts of expenditure
可是你一点支持资金都没有?
without the capital to back it up?
卡布先生 这是生意场上常有事
Mr Crabb, this is business. It happens all the time.
你知道在这个时候再找资助者有多难吗
You realise it's going to be difficult to find a backer at this late stage?
而且就算你真找到了人
And in the event you do find someone,
他们很快就会知道我们连楼都快建不起了
they'll know we're in a poor position with building about to start.
我都不敢想他们会收我们多少利息
I hate to think what rate of interest they'll make us pay!
好啦 你真会给我们带来希望
Well, you're just a little ray of sunshine,
不是吗 卡布先生
ain't you, Mr Crabb
塞尔福里奇先生 我放弃了好工作来跟随你
Mr Selfridge, I left a very good position to join you
但我不得不说你行事的鲁莽程度
but I have to say that the reckless way that you conduct your business,
让人沮丧 而且真的...吓坏我了
dismays and yes... frightens me.
我有时也会被吓到 卡布先生
It frightens me too sometimes, Mr Crabb.
保持镇定 专心工作
Hold your nerve. Keep your head down.
剩下的就由我来操心
Let me handle the rest.
我认为我们应该加倍投入广♥告♥
I think we should redouble the advertising.
没错
Ye-ah.
弗兰克·爱德华 正是在下
Frank Edwards. Just the man.
梅夫人是一个奇妙的人
Lady Mae is a wondrous woman.
其实她是劳斯利夫人 但大家都叫她梅夫人
Really she's Lady Loxley but everyone calls her Lady Mae.
在和劳斯利大人一起之前 她家世也不差
Used to be a good-time girl before she snaffled Lord L.
认识伦敦的所有名流
Knows everyone who is anyone in London.
她随时随地都能给你找到投资者
She could get you an investor at the drop of a hat.
梅夫人 让我来介绍一下我的好朋友
Lady Mae, may I introduce my good friend
亨利·塞尔福里奇
Harry Selfridge.
不会是热门话题中的塞尔福里奇吧
Surely not the Selfridge we've been hearing and reading about?
- 正是其人 - 十分荣幸
The very same. Well, we are honoured.
感到荣幸的是我才对 梅夫人
The honour is all mine, Lady Mae.
劳斯利大人在城里吗?
Is Lord Loxley in town?
不 弗兰克·劳斯利大人在乡下
No, Frank. Lord Loxley is in the country.
弗兰克·劳斯利大人通常在乡下
Lord Loxley is generally in the country
而我通常在城里
and I'm generally in town.
婚姻可以有多种维持方式 你们不觉得吗?
There are so many different ways to run a marriage, don't you think?
而永远不见面 是最好的一种
And to never see each other. That's one of the very best.
我很同意
I second that.
抱歉失陪了
Excuse me.
过来陪我坐坐 塞尔福里奇先生
Come and sit down with me, Mr Selfridge.
看来你在制♥造♥一场轰动 不是吗?
So, you've been creating quite a stir, haven't you?
我当然希望这样
I certainly hope so.
尽管如此 伦敦还是不会待见你
And yet, London don't seem to care for you.
哦?这话怎么说?
Oh? How do you make that out?
伦敦人不喜欢让人施教
London doesn't like being shown how to do things.
尤其是让外人施教
Especially by outsiders.
你也是这么想的?
Is that how you feel too?
我倒不是
Not necessarily.
我挺喜欢被人教点新花样的
I rather like being shown how to do new things.
尤其被精于其业的人施教
Especially by a man who knows what he's about.
但是... 像我们这样的人不习惯逛街
But... people like us aren't used to going shopping.
这并不是得体的事 绅士会拜访他的裁缝
It's not considered smart. A gentleman will visit his tailor.
女士会派人叫来裁缝 以此类推
A lady will send for her dressmaker and so on.
我们必须要改变时尚了
We are going to have to change the fashion.
- 我们? - 嗯
- We? - Hm.
哦 对了 当然
Oh, yes. Of course.
这就是你的来意
That's why you're here.
不 不 我绝不会...
Oh, no. I would never...
我也是看报纸的 塞尔福里奇先生
I do read the papers, Mr Selfridge.
你亟需一个资助者
You need a new backer and you need him fast
不然你在我们这儿就呆不住了
or your visit to our island will be cut rather short.
您在报纸上看到的并非全部属实 夫人
剧集 | 塞尔福里奇先生(2013) | 导航列表