Yes or no. It's not my job
是或者不是 我的工作不是
to think or to guess.
去认为或者去猜
It's my job to present evidence that I believe is credible.
我的工作是呈上我认为可信的证据
And since we don't have any proof that Maya is lying,
而我们现在没有任何证据表明玛雅在说谎
it's credible.
这就是可信的
So you're gonna put her on the stand.
所以你会让她上庭作证
We both know that victims and witnesses,
我们俩都知道受害人和证人
they change their stories, they change what they recall
他们总是改编他们的故事 也总会改变他们
all the time.
当初的想法
Her story isn't perfect
她的故事虽然不完美
but it's plausible.
但是听上去貌似是可信的
Plausible?
貌似可信么
So that's the standard.
所以这就是标准么
At this moment in time, yes.
此时此刻 是的
I'm not omniscient, Liv. I don't have a judicial crystal ball.
我不是无所不知的 丽芙 我没有司法审判的水晶球
Nobody wants these bastards
没有人比我更希望
to suffer more than I do, believe me, but I...
这些混球能够罪有应得 相信我 但是我
Our legal system is the best that there is.
我们的司法系统目前是世上最好的
But it's not perfect.
但是它也不是完美的
Or pure.
或者纯粹的
It never was.
它从来都不是
第七审判庭
最高法♥院♥
The night of the attack, did you see the faces
袭击发生那晚 你是否看到了
of the men who raped your daughter Lela,
强♥奸♥你女儿蕾拉
who raped and killed your daughter Shala,
强♥奸♥并杀害你女儿谢拉
who kicked your husband Kanann in the head?
踢了你老公卡南头部的这些人的脸呢
Yes. They're right there.
是的 他们就在那坐着
And there was a third man with them.
和他们俩在一起的 还有另外一个男人
Hector Ramirez... he used to work in the restaurant.
赫克托·拉米雷斯 他以前在我们的饭店工作
When you first talked to the police, did you tell them
你第一次和警♥察♥谈话的时候
that you saw the faces of the perpetrators?
你告诉警♥察♥你看到了这些罪犯的脸吗
No. What did you tell them?
没有 你怎么跟警♥察♥说的
That they were wearing ski masks.
我说他们当时戴着滑雪面具
Were they wearing ski masks?
他们当时有戴滑雪面具吗
Yes. Most of the time.
是的 大多数时间是的
But they took them off when it was all over.
但是在一切结束之后 他们摘下了面具
And they threatened me.
然后他们威胁了我
They said that they would kill me and my daughter
他们说 如果我敢上庭作证指控他们
if I ever testified against them.
他们就会杀了我和我女儿
What made you change your mind?
是什么让你改变了态度
Anger.
愤怒
Can you please explain that?
你能解释一下吗
My husband is dead.
我丈夫死了
My daughter Shala is dead.
我的女儿谢拉死了
And my other daughter, Lela...
我的另一个女儿 蕾拉
she's in so much pain.
她现在处于无尽的痛苦之中
It's hard for me to even process.
对于我来说 消化这件事情都无比艰难
I don't care if I live or die anymore.
我已经不在乎我是死是活了
That is why I decided to tell the truth.
这就是我决定讲出真♥相♥的理由
Nothing further.
我问完了
I can only imagine how hard this must be for you
我只能想象出 这一切对你和你的女儿
and your daughter.
有多么的艰难
And how confusing it must be.
同样的这一切又多么的让人困惑
The morning after the incident,
悲剧之后的第二天早晨
you told Lieutenant Benson, quote, you "Didn't see"
你告诉本森警督 引用你说的话
"Any of their faces.
「没有看到他们中任何一人的脸」
They were wearing black ski masks the whole time."
「他们全程都戴着黑色的滑雪面具」
That is correct.
是的没错
And then the day after Hector Ramirez was murdered,
在赫克托·拉米雷斯被谋杀后的第二天
you walked into Lieutenant Benson's office
你走进本森警督的办公室
and you told her you did see their faces.
你告诉她 你看到了他们的脸
That they weren't wearing masks the whole time.
说他们并不是全程都戴着面具的
Yes.
是的
So they were wearing masks the whole time
所以在赫克托·拉米雷斯被谋杀之前
until Hector Ramirez was shot and killed.
他们是全程戴着面具的
Then suddenly, they weren't wearing masks the whole time.
然后突然地 他们就不是全程都戴着面具了
No. That is not true. You knew
不 这不是事实 你知道
the prosecution's case was weak.
检方的起诉缺乏实证
You knew that Hector Ramirez dying made it weaker.
你知道赫克托·拉米雷斯的死让这个案子更加站不住脚
So you decided to lie. Objection.
所以你决定撒谎 反对
Sustained. You decided
反对有效 你决定
to change your testimony to increase the odds
改变你的证词以增加此案获胜
of winning the case and get justice for your family.
和为你的家庭伸张正义的可能性
Is there a question here, anywhere?
这里到底有没有问题要问啊
Get to the point, Counselor.
说重点 辩方律师
Isn't it true that you waited for Hector Ramirez
在你告诉本森警督你看到了
to be dead before you told Lieutenant Benson
斯蒂文·科尔和米切尔·詹金斯的脸之前
that you saw the face of Steven Cole and Mitchell Jenkins
你是不是在等赫克托·拉米雷斯的死讯
because you believed that was the only way to win the case?
因为你认为这是你赢得本案的唯一方法了
No.
不是
That is not true.
这不是事实
I told Lieutenant Benson this
在赫克托·拉米雷斯被杀的几周之前
weeks before Hector Ramirez was killed.
我就告诉了本森警督
You told Lieutenant Benson weeks before Hector's death?
你在赫克托死前几周就告诉给了本森警督么
Yes.
是的
Thank you. Nothing further.
谢谢 我没有问题了
I believed her until the part where she said
我一直相信她的直到她说
she called you and made the ID before Hector got killed.
赫克托被杀之前她打电♥话♥给你指认罪犯
There's no way that happened. That never happened.
不可能有这回事 的确没有
The defense attorney just totally backed her into a corner.
辩护律师把她逼上绝路了
What, she got desperate after all she's been through?
她经历这些事之后崩溃了
I guess. Liv, you got a sec?
我想是的 丽芙 你有空吗
I'll see you back at the squad room. Yeah.
我先回警队了 好的
What? I just got the updated
什么事 我刚刚从被告律师
witnesses from the defense.
那里得知一个新的证人名单
You're on it. He wants to
你在上面 他想
question you about the phone call with Maya.
就玛雅和你的通话对你进行一个问话
You mean the phone call that never happened, right?
你说那个不存在的电♥话♥ 对吗
You know that never happened.
你知道没有那个电♥话♥
If you say so. If I say so?
如果你说有 如果我说有
But... What?
但是 什么
Come here. What?
过来 怎么
She has been through horrific trauma.
她一直在忍♥受伤痛
Maybe... maybe she forgot the exact timing of the phone call.
可能她忘了这通电♥话♥的具体时间
Or the content of the conversation.
或者对话的内容
Are you suggesting that I back her story?
你的意思是让我帮她圆谎
I'm suggesting that she's human.
我的意思是她也是个人
I'm not telling you what to say, Liv.
我不是告诉你应该要做什么 丽芙
Really? 'Cause it kinda sounded like you were.
是吗 但是听起来是你让我应该怎么做
This is a different case. Different circumstances.
这是个特殊的案子 特殊情况
You need to do what you believe is right.
你应该做你认为对的事
Simple as that.
就这么简单
Okay, Noah, so Lucy's gonna be here any minute, okay?
好的 诺亚 露西很快就会来的 好吗
What you making there? Oh! There she is now!
你在做什么 她来了
Chief. I was in the neighborhood.
长官 我就在附近
I didn't know that people said that anymore.
我不知道还有人会这么说
Come on in. Can I get you some coffee?
请进 你要喝咖啡吗
No, I'm good. I've already had about five cups.
不用了 我已经喝了五杯咖啡了
No wonder my blood pressure's high.
难怪我血压那么高
So you talked to Barba.
你和巴尔巴谈过了
I did. And I, uh, I just...
是的 我只是
Look, I don't need advice.
听着 我不需要建议
I'm not here to give you advice.
我不是来给你提建议的
Okay. So why are you here?
好吧 那你为什么来这
To offer, uh...
我是来提供
absolution.
宽恕的
Now you're a priest.
你现在是牧师了
Look, Liv, there are no good choices here.
听着 丽芙 没有别的好的选择了
Hey.
嘿
But there are no bad choices, either.
也没有其他坏的选择
剧集 | 法律与秩序:特殊受害者(1999) | 导航列表